• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
...I'm just gonna wait and see how this plays out. After having the finish line tugged away from me so many times, I've become a bit indifferent to this kind of thing.

If this is an early confirmation of Geno? Great! If it isn't I doubt it's gonna hurt his chances one way or another.

Dukefire

Smash Master
How the leakers/speculation are with people looking forward to announcements in some form at the VGA.

Again, Please hype responsibly since Smash News is nowhere to be spotted as 2020 is closing.

D

Deleted member

If this is an early confirmation of Geno? Great! If it isn't I doubt it's gonna hurt his chances one way or another.
The beauty of being a Geno fan is that Nintendo doesn't have to be subtle at all. They could drop the outright hintiest hint to ever hint at something and not the haters or the realists, but we the fans would convince everyone that it means nothing. This tournament could pass and mean nothing and the spirit event next week could be "a world full of weapons" made of nothing but spirits of the super scope and metal gear but also Mallow's in there for some reason and we'd be like "you won't fool me that easily".

I think Geoff paid Nintendo to run this very particularly named spirit event just to get people to tune into TGAs and Geoff, you son of a *****, it's worked.

MattX20

Smash Hero
God, that tournament name is just...ugh. I can't help but feel it's way too much to just be a coincidence, it's too on the nose for it. I may be wrong, but still it's obnoxiously specific and just one word away from a particularly well known musical arrangement.

D

Deleted member

God, that tournament name is just...ugh. I can't help but feel it's way too much to just be a coincidence, it's too on the nose for it. I may be wrong, but still it's obnoxiously specific and just one word away from a particularly well known musical arrangement.
I'm just getting the straitjacket ready for when the English localized name for this tournament is "Amazeing Mushrooms" or something infuriating.

Dukefire

Smash Master
In the end, just be careful about coincidences on events and/or game's release. They aren't correct most of the time.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
I refuse to believe Nintendo is that tone deaf.
That is a clear as day hint at Super Mario RPG.

Geno has a lot going for him, and even if the naysayers say he's a one-off Mario character, no one can deny the legacy of Super Mario RPG.

It kickstarted two RPG series of games for the Super Mario franchise.

I honestly believe (and hope) this is it guys, Geno's coming.

My only wishes right now is that Doomguy is revealed as an actual fighter, and that Waluigi gets revealed right after Geno as a standalone fighter.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
The word that gets me is ‘Beware’.

if it were just a mushroom event I wouldn’t think anything of it, but it’s the Beware that really raises the red flags for me. They could have named this even ANYTHING IN THE WORLD WITH MUSHROOMS IN THE TITLE. Why did they choose Beware?...

Griselda

Smash Lord
The word that gets me is ‘Beware’.

if it were just a mushroom event I wouldn’t think anything of it, but it’s the Beware that really raises the red flags for me. They could have named this even ANYTHING IN THE WORLD WITH MUSHROOMS IN THE TITLE. Why did they choose Beware?...
This. If this is really nothing - as in this doesn't mean Geno's coming - then I think at the very least this has to be a nod to the song's title, just for the sake of referencing a song someone liked or something. ...Or if it turns out it isn't, it should've been.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You can't search "beware of mushrooms" without Google thinking you're talking about Geno. There's no way they named this tournament ignorant to that fact.
I mean...

キノコにご用心 - Beware the Mushrooms
You got me there.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
"Oh hey, what's new?"

scarily on the dot tournament that is worded similarly to a hit song from Super Mario RPG

"Oh hey, that's cool! I'm positive it means absolutely nothi-"

"LMAO, LMAO, LMAO!!!! YOU LIKE GENO? YOU WANT GENO IN SMASH BROS ULTIMATE?! YOU'RE A STUPID DUMBA*** AND YOU BELIEVED IN A DUMB TOURNAMENT NAMING THEORY THAT PROVES YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR KIND ARE ALL CLOWNS! HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA! ALL GENO FANS ARE SILLY AND DELUSIONAL!!!!1 COPE!!!!" 2x so if Geno isn't the next character

ughh.png

ugh.......

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"Oh hey, what's new?"

scarily on the dot tournament that is worded similarly to a hit song from Super Mario RPG

"Oh hey, that's cool! I'm positive it means absolutely nothi-"

"LMAO, LMAO, LMAO!!!! YOU LIKE GENO? YOU WANT GENO IN SMASH BROS ULTIMATE?! YOU'RE A STUPID DUMBA*** AND YOU BELIEVED IN A DUMB TOURNAMENT NAMING THEORY THAT PROVES YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR KIND ARE ALL CLOWNS! HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA! ALL GENO FANS ARE SILLY AND DELUSIONAL!!!!1 COPE!!!!" 2x so if Geno isn't the next character

View attachment 294619
ugh.......
Uhhh, calm down? Nobody is acting this way

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
2020 has drained me so much we could use some good news. I'm actually kind of apathetic if it ends up being nothing because that's been the norm for this year at this point.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I heard about the new tournament, and as much as I would love for it to be a reference to SMRPG, I feel like its just a coincidence at best.
Also, enjoy this quick meme I made. Why play this Smash tournament when you can just listen to the song instead?

SMRPG Squidward Meme.png

(P.S. Sorry for the blurriness on this meme, I was quick with this one, but I'm sure you can make out what its supposed to mean).

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I heard about the new tournament, and as much as I would love for it to be a reference to SMRPG, I feel like its just a coincidence at best.
Also, enjoy this quick meme I made. Why play this Smash tournament when you can just listen to the song instead?

View attachment 294620

(P.S. Sorry for the blurriness on this meme, I was quick with this one, but I'm sure you can make out what its supposed to mean).
Okay but WHY the word ‘Beware’? Like Really out of all the verbs in the English language, they used the exact same one in Geno’s unofficial theme song from SMRPG??

I dunno guys, if this is a coincidence, then that’s further proof that 2020 hates us.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Very cruel to have this tournament now if they’re planning on adding Geno later. It would be perfect to play as him in this tournament and use his stage.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Not if Geno's Tourney ID is one of the 2 IDs for online tourneys that we're missing.
Also, there were a lot of July/August events that could be related to Geno and yet we didn't give up, so now's not the time.
You're right Mr.Judd but what were the 2 missing Online tournys IDs?

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Nintendo considered Geno to be worthy of a Game Awards reveal. Then again, Geno has more history on his back.
Either way, this is raising some brows.

Noipoi

Howdy!
At least the thread got a little more exciting, at least for a bit.

We haven’t had too much to talk about, it’s been getting slow. Nothing wrong with that, but y’know.

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
What are the chances that Nintendo is very aware over the spectacle regarding Geno's potential inclusion and decided to switch up the reveal patterns specifically for him, a la the splash screen for the Mii Costume?

They could have used so many other phrases for the tournament.

Mushrooms Approaching! (Like New Challenger Approaching)
Watch out for the Mushrooms.
Shun The Shroom
Ramblin' Evil Mushrooms
Funky Fungus

Nah, Beware The Mushrooms.

If Nintendo was so desperate to plug leaks earlier, whats stopping them from throwing us a curve ball after 5 years of anticipation and doing something different by announcing a fighter at the conclusion of a tournament or two?

Not that I expect it, just...c'mon man!

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Nintendo considered Geno to be worthy of a Game Awards reveal. Then again, Geno has more history on his back.
Either way, this is raising some brows.
A longtime fan request that could very well mean the revival of true Mario RPGs is Game Awards material, but probably not to the drooling masses.

I'd be exceptionally impressed if these past few months of "expect nothing at the game awards" was actually the world's biggest smokescreen.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
A longtime fan request that could very well mean the revival of true Mario RPGs is Game Awards material, but probably not to the drooling masses.

I'd be exceptionally impressed if these past few months of "expect nothing at the game awards" was actually the world's biggest smokescreen.
I mean, has anyone credible actually said that? It's more just the general standpoint of the community after they showed up with nothing but third party games last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom