• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a feeling we aren't going to get any information for quite a while. I bought one of those Mario Game and Watches in the meantime to hold my attention for ...a couple seconds.

I figured out how to make animated BG's in the program I'm using to make an RPG. It's not RPG maker, lol. I had no idea how to show that in a screenshot so I made an animated GIF
Animated-BG.gif

MattX20

Smash Hero
I have a feeling we aren't going to get any information for quite a while. I bought one of those Mario Game and Watches in the meantime to hold my attention for ...a couple seconds.

I figured out how to make animated BG's in the program I'm using to make an RPG. It's not RPG maker, lol. I had no idea how to show that in a screenshot so I made an animated GIF
Not bad

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I know this is a bit old, but I still kinda love how we all came to the defense QQS QQS in record time and numbers. It brought a tear to me eye, both ironically and unironically. As such, I give you this.

The Geno Thread, on any given day: arguing amongst one another, getting sassy and sometimes actually angry, casually losing our minds and throttling one another like a bunch of apes brought to the Maury show for a special feature

The Geno Thread, when someone talks bad about QQS:

we gotchu QQs.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Didn't Steve's reveal week have a spirit event? It means nothing either way
Steve reveal: tournament

Steve release: spirit event

Min Min reveal: spirit event

Min Min release: tournament (her own)

Byleth reveal: spirit event

Byleth release: none

Terry reveal: tournament (Banjo's)

Terry release: tournament (his own)

Banjo reveal: spirit event (new spirits)

Banjo release: tournament (his own)

Hero reveal: spirit event (new spirits)

Hero release: none

QQS

Smash Lord
I have hope until TGA to see another Smash reveal in 2020. But in spite of that date, nothing and no one can remove from my mind how perfect will be Geno in Smash. I mean, just imagine the amount of people happy after him, the amount of money, tweets, posts, videos, etc. He is a perfect character in thousand terms: moveset, design, music, animations, cartoonish, revival, tons of money, back to the roots and more...

Just imagine how the world (the Smash world) will stop for 3 minutes when Geno Awakens or the sound of birds singing in the Forest with the background of Forest Maze exploding in your ears. It will be completely out of this world...

I can wait perfectly for that day but don’t tell me to stop believing. Can’t imagine Ultimate without Geno. He is the most iconic and perfect character left to appear...and for me he is already a deal years ago. I’m not just speculating, I feel it. Not putting Geno playable now would be the most stupid move ever and Sakurai is the best at what he does, I know he is aware of this, like he has done with many characters, many times.

What push you? It’s faith, man. Geno is real.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know this is a bit old, but I still kinda love how we all came to the defense QQS QQS in record time and numbers. It brought a tear to me eye, both ironically and unironically. As such, I give you this.

The Geno Thread, on any given day: arguing amongst one another, getting sassy and sometimes actually angry, casually losing our minds and throttling one another like a bunch of apes brought to the Maury show for a special feature

The Geno Thread, when someone talks bad about QQS:

View attachment 292106
Sigh I think you are taking this defending the other user a bit too much. I mean, I just had one issue. And I made up with him. There was no need to say something like that just now. It wasn't that big as you make it out be.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I very rarely buy Amiibo, but when Geno gets in I'm gonna try to get his Amiibo. Having an Amiibo of Geno I can have on my desk that I can look at while gaming would just be so awesome. Plus it would show my support for him and maybe convince Nintendo and Square Enix to use Geno in more Mario spin-offs and bring Geno back in future Smash games.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank for your words ForsakenM ForsakenM and many of you; but also don’t make CannonStreak CannonStreak feel guilty cause he explained it on private message and everything is fine with all of you. Let’s gather good energy and stay as a solid group to see Geno in Smash.

No hard feelings here, but also thanks for the good atmosphere people! You all rock!
Than you, QQS. I may have been in the wrong back there when I said that thing about you, but even if I did harm back there to you, I would never tell you to change your ways, as I only went so far. Even with feeling annoyed, I knew you were still a good person overall, and you are cool, positive guy.

Reactions: QQS

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I very rarely buy Amiibo, but when Geno gets in I'm gonna try to get his Amiibo. Having an Amiibo of Geno I can have on my desk that I can look at while gaming would just be so awesome. Plus it would show my support for him and maybe convince Nintendo and Square Enix to use Geno in more Mario spin-offs and bring Geno back in future Smash games.
^This

Random and embarrasing admission: I actually have a phobia of plastic figures like amiibo, but I fully plan on buying his Amiibo because I love the character so much.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I am not sure about any of Smithy's minions being made of wood, but it is possible, still.
This reminds me of a headcanon I have for Geno's origin. I've posted it here before, but that was a while ago.

I think it'd cool if Smithy was the creator of Geno. Like he was meant to be the Smithy Gang's ultimate weapon, but something happened causing the doll to accidentally end up in Rose Town. It would explain why Geno is so weaponized and all of his moves are ammunition-based. You could say that Geno's star powers give him powerful projectile attacks, but Gaz was able to knockout Mario with the Geno doll before being possessed by the star. Also Smithy looks like Santa, the Factory is like a workshop, and Geno is a toy.

D

Deleted member

I believe we talked about how FP2 will most likely be it because of the interview. Even I stressed that at some point. However, I wouldn’t totally discount Vol. 3.

This article talks about how Nintendo saying there are no plans for DLC beyond Mewtwo. We’re facing a similar situation for Vol. 2
We know that Vol. 2 is doing extremely well with the sales. Just maybe we could have at least one more batch of characters. We could have more characters to fill out the datamine slots or beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Soooo...do you guys think we'll probably get a Age of Calamity spirit event next week?
We've had Spirit Events occur anywhere from before their respective game comes out, to the day of their game's release, to months or years after the fact.

If there's going to be an AoC event at all, I think it'd probably happen a few weeks to a month after the game comes out.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Do we have a Geno Discord server? I recently joined Discord and would love to be able to chat there too if we have one.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Do we have a Geno Discord server? I recently joined Discord and would love to be able to chat there too if we have one.
Depends.

Star Road exists but it's not super great and has lots of problems and crappy mods. Other than that there may be some but idk about them.

link2702

Smash Champion
Hmm...thanks for the response. I think I've heard of some Star Road controversy before, so I might avoid it.
There's nothing wrong with Star Road. Don't listen to just one person's opinion on it. join yourself and see if you like the community.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
My apologies for this discussion break and if this feels mushy or whatnot, but I just want to take a moment to say I appreciate not only this thread but also this site and Smash discussion as a whole.

This last half of this year has been rough personally in my life. 2 family members passed away, another dealing with cancer, my girlfriend catching COVID, people I used to respect & trust turned out to be not so, and just everything else happening this year. That's the main reason why I've haven't been so active on here a lot.
But the moments I do get on here, seeing all the Smash discussions have been a nice distraction & an emotion uplifter. Whether it's about the Star Road warrior himself, when and how the next reveal will take place, talking about other potential fighters, talking about stuff that comes through the rumor mill, the occasional joking around, etc., it's all been nice stuff to discuss, consider and think about. Makes me happy that a game can do this and be helpful in dealing with stress.

So, again, just want to say thanks to you all for inadvertently helping me out through this year. Can't wait to see what the future has for the real world, Smash and for Geno as well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, as it currently stands, there's only been two pieces of real news this month with the Animal Crossing update and more Lego Mario sets. TWEWY 2 and Tigger Too is getting news next Tuesday but that still seems really anemic. Weirdly enough, looking at this whole year, it hasn't been this dry since... Last December. Despite not having a full Direct, Nintendo was actually really consistent with news to where there hasn't been a true drought this year.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
I truly hope there's some new news this month. I don't want to slog through The Game Awards and watch lots of dark-and-gritty PS5/Xbox trailers in hopes of finding any Nintendo News.

On the plus side, Age of Calamity is only two days away, I'm looking forward to slicing my way through Hyrule without my weapons breaking every few minutes.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Its not uncommon to not get any Nintendo news during november, they want to focused on promoting their games for a strong holiday performance.

They already have their january and february published games announced (that japan only visual novel with K-T and SM3D WDX, plus BD2 for overseas market). We don’t know anything for march (no, MH Rise don’t count as it’s published worldwide by Capcom), but, thanks to Capcom leaks, we know that will get 2 MH Rise, one on january and the other in march. This type of demos are generally shadowdropped, so lts very likely we will get some kind of presentation (partner showcase, mini or general direct) for both months. I supposed that the second demo will release 2 weeks early than game release (26/3) and its likely the gap between the first demo and the second one will be 2 months.

Its possible that they will announced their march game (unless its new pokemon snap, something related to Zelda or for the non-enthusiastic audience) in TGA. They generally make 2 announcements, it can be their march game and a new big third-party (console) exclusive

D

Deleted member

Depends.

Star Road exists but it's not super great and has lots of problems and crappy mods. Other than that there may be some but idk about them.
As one of Star Road's crappy mods, not sure how to feel about this.

Yeah, I figured. If I may ask, what are the chances of a Smash reveal this month?
Crazier **** has happened, but I've got it at 0%.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yeah, I figured. If I may ask, what are the chances of a Smash reveal this month?
it’s hard to say. Obviously Nintendo’s been really dull on news this year so the safe prediction is to go with Smash in January, but as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has clarified a few times, the Mario Tourney is throwing a weird wrench into this whole thing because Min Min and Steve were associated with decently hefty tourneys of their own, and the Mario Tourney seems to have been delayed three months out because they didn’t have ANY sort of smash update the week of the Mario Direct. No tourney, no spiritevent, nothing.

Basically, just keep your ears perked until Dec 5. If nothing happens before then, yeah, wait until Jan

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, since Waluigi was brought up in regards to the C&D, I guess I should mention this

Someone I Knew of Kept telling me that Nintendo had some serious Discussion of Assist Promotions. The 4 Characters mentioned were Waluigi, Shadow, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman. this was back in September of 2019

So seeing the Bomberman Mii Costume as a Deluxe was something to behold. the guy who told me all of this had Bomberman as his Most wanted, so It might have been Bittersweet victory

In Regards to Geno, he said he just knew he'd come with 2 Music Tracks (don't know if that's final). I just wanted to mentioned that since Fatman mentioned Waluigi 2 Pages ago

HARD RECORD SCRATCH! BrrrrrrrrrrrrRUPP!

Hold up! Nintendo seriously discussed SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG getting promoted? Ohhh hohohohoho don't play with my feelings, I was super bummed at Shadow's assist reveal, if that has even a CHANCE at being revealed, like there's actually Nintendo suits eating donuts in between Yo-kai Watch exercise dances and saying "Hey, how about we promote Shadow, the Ultimate Life Form for the Ultimate Smash Bros?", then I'm a happy man.

Of course, I'd be HAPPIER if this was part of a full on Fighter Pack or a bonus with another Sonic character, namely because the Sonic music as IS doesn't really match Shadow all that well beyond Live and Learn, so more music would be necessary. Like, add a character for Sonic's big 30th anniversary (Eggman, Blaze, perhaps even Shadow himself, etc), have a new stage and a buncha music, and if that character isn't already Shadow, then add Shadow as some sort of bonus that you can also get alongside the new pack. Same with like, Waluigi. GENO is the fighter pack with the stage and 2 musics (if I had to take a guess, "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" and "Fight Against an Armed Boss"), and you can get Waluigi separately if you really wanna, maybe Waluigi comes with like, a song or something though probably not.

If I personally got to pick among those four discussed promos, I would say

Bomberman gets upgraded Mii costume (already happened)
Shovel Knight gets upgraded Mii costume
SHADOW THE ULTIMATE HEDGEHOG gets the ultimate promotion
Waluigi also gets promoted, Wa heh heh heh.

Half and Halfsies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, what are the chances of a Direct happening this month, again?
Much lower now. It there was going to be one this week it would have already been announced. We could get a shadowdropped announcement today or tomorrow ala Paper Mario/Pikmin/AoC but that's now the best that can be reasonably be expected this week unless Nintendo drops a Mini out of nowhere. Like I said yesterday, next Tuesday is the absolute last chance for November and it's not looking too hot. The first week of December is more or less the last call for 2020 so, if nothing happens by December 4th, we're probably wholesale ****ed until at least January 13th.

D

Deleted member

it’s hard to say. Obviously Nintendo’s been really dull on news this year so the safe prediction is to go with Smash in January, but as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has clarified a few times, the Mario Tourney is throwing a weird wrench into this whole thing because Min Min and Steve were associated with decently hefty tourneys of their own, and the Mario Tourney seems to have been delayed three months out because they didn’t have ANY sort of smash update the week of the Mario Direct. No tourney, no spiritevent, nothing.

Basically, just keep your ears perked until Dec 5. If nothing happens before then, yeah, wait until Jan
My biggest concern at this point is whether or not we just failed to see the forest for the trees with this delay on this Mario tournament. The Mario Maker event is happening this week and the Splatfest is happening in January. The Smash tournament was scheduled for a weekend (as they basically all are), have we even had a free weekend since it was announced? As in, has there been a weekend in which Nintendo hasn't been hosting some kind of event for one of their games? 2020 has been nothing if not the year of Nintendo hosting online in-game events.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Shadow character rumor
from 7NATOR
C9F53BB2-2321-4B02-8C13-558D4EE3F2E8.jpeg

I really, really wanted Shadow, and the Nov 1 Direct seriously hurt my feelings (yes, my feelings were hurt over a children’s party game, point and laugh), but I can’t help but raise an eyebrow when the first Shadow rumor is coming from 7NATOR, the guy unanimously known for being Mr. “Shadow is in but he can’t be an echo” on GameFAQS back in 2018.

You could argue that all of us are similarly biased towards Geno, but I feel like Geno has had lots of solid evidence and backing to be in this pass, whereas Shadow being his own individual fighter just seems outlandish on it’s own.

Plus... if we’re getting another Assist Trophy playable aside from Waluigi, I feel there is a much stronger candidate with some good reasons for inclusion, if we go by some recent rumors

1605711254502.jpeg

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Not sure they'd ever do it, but I also wouldn't mind Shadow coming even as an alt costume for Sonic with his own voice clips.
At that point I'd just rather not have him in. Shadow has more than enough to separate himself from Sonic, so much so he could have an entire moveset completely original. I'd be okay with him being an echo, but as an alt, that's just not doing Shadow justice.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Personally I'd pick Metal Sonic as the Sonic echo, sorta like... "Metal Sonic is to Sonic what Dark Samus is to Samus" like floatier and such. Never mind the whole "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything YOU'RE going to do! STRRRRANGE isn't it?" angle one could take with Metal being Sonic's echo.

HEYYY how about that? Metal's another Legacy XP character.

PERFECT WORLD: Shadow's the new fighter with like, Radical Highway stage with the moon in the background/perfect photo op for the characters to cross over the moon ala SA2's opening, and then there's a bonus Metal Sonic echo

That way the legacy xp characters (Geno, Waluigi, Metal, and Shadow) all four get in somehow. (may or may NOT lend more credence to the "Legacy XP Takedown theory" if I'm allowed to throw that out there)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My biggest concern at this point is whether or not we just failed to see the forest for the trees with this delay on this Mario tournament. The Mario Maker event is happening this week and the Splatfest is happening in January. The Smash tournament was scheduled for a weekend (as they basically all are), have we even had a free weekend since it was announced? As in, has there been a weekend in which Nintendo hasn't been hosting some kind of event for one of their games? 2020 has been nothing if not the year of Nintendo hosting online in-game events.
There's a lot of key differences though:

-The Mario Smash tournament was announced 3 months in advance. Most Smash events have been about 2 weeks.

-It's only one of two tournaments this year with a physical prize. The other going the ongoing Mario Maker 2 event that started yesterday.

-Like I showed in this post, there's been plenty of eventless weekends this year:

-As this previous point shows, the Saturday after the Mario Direct didn't have a Smash event at all and was the only one all year that had absolutely nothing Smash wise, not even a spirit event. What's also notable about this is that Splatoon 2 Fall Invitational was on September 6th, a Sunday, and now we have both a major Smash tournament and Splatoon tournament paired together the first weekend of December. This is notable because the last time Nintendo scheduled Smash and Splatoon in the same weekend was back in June before Min Min.

-As G0nard G0nard pointed out the other day, the proximity of Smash tournaments to character reveals and releases is really close. At most, they've been about two weeks apart and some have literally been the day before/after a reveal/release. So far there's been no "floating" tournaments, meaning they've all had major Smash news near them so they weren't done for ****s, giggles, or, the elusive crossbreeds of giggly ****s or ****ty giggles.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Speaking of the Mario tournament, does anyone know how to sign up? Geno speculation aside I kind of want to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom