• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Still Can't believe Nintendo actually got Mad over the Steve S**t posting

Also Something I Gotta ask, Have Waluigi and Geno ever been heard together? Both being Mario Characters, I would think there be some intel about them together or something

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I guess it is event night, isn't it. Wonder if we'll see an Age of Calamity spirit event. (also wondering how people are going to actually take the game come Friday because I get the feeling the story is going to rile people up a bit if spoilers are any indication)
I really hope that whatever time travel shenanigans they have planned for AoC don't just completely invalidate BotW

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Oh I know that those things are important to progress as a human. I am just saying that given what Geno fans have been through, they have developed a lot, and they know what they are basically doing and feeling.
In my opinion, whatever you've been through, it's always a mistake to think you've seen it all and that you necessarily know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In my opinion, whatever you've been through, it's always a mistake to think you've seen it all and that you necessarily know.
Maybe, but at least I, no no, we are willing to take that chance. Even if we are wrong, we won't be broken from it that easily.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Okay. I'm not trying to start an argument, here, but I'll be honest - I don't need anyone to tell me to not have a mindset of 'The character I want is probably in' instead of 'the character I want might not be in', especially if it's for the sake of being realistic. Which is up for debate, anyway - unless someone here actually has solid knowledge of who's coming to Smash, it doesn't even matter who I say I feel is likely. Obviously I'm going to look at everything new that comes up with a 'Could this help Geno get in' mindset, because.. Geno is the character that I'm supporting and speculating about.

Look, I deal with dysphoria on at least a semi-regular basis. My own body is already trying to screw with my mood. I'm also a minority within a minority within a minority. If I want to feel some amount of kinship with people who share opinions and feelings with me, and I happen to do that by discussing a video game character's chances with a positive attitude, then that's what I'm gonna do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay. I'm not trying to start an argument, here, but I'll be honest - I don't need anyone to tell me to not have a mindset of 'The character I want is probably in' instead of 'the character I want might not be in', especially if it's for the sake of being realistic. Which is up for debate, anyway - unless someone here actually has solid knowledge of who's coming to Smash, it doesn't even matter who I say I feel is likely. Obviously I'm going to look at everything new that comes up with a 'Could this help Geno get in' mindset, because.. Geno is the character that I'm supporting and speculating about.

Look, I deal with dysphoria on at least a semi-regular basis. My own body is already trying to screw with my mood. I'm also a minority within a minority within a minority. If I want to feel some amount of kinship with people who share opinions and feelings with me, and I happen to do that by discussing a video game character's chances with a positive attitude, then that's what I'm gonna do.
You know, even though it may have been me who started this up again, maybe to some degree this time, I do agree with this mindset. But don't you guys find it odd that we keep talking about how to be positive over and over again?

EDIT: This isn't a question to just you by the way, Gris.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh yeah, since Waluigi was brought up in regards to the C&D, I guess I should mention this

Someone I Knew of Kept telling me that Nintendo had some serious Discussion of Assist Promotions. The 4 Characters mentioned were Waluigi, Shadow, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman. this was back in September of 2019

So seeing the Bomberman Mii Costume as a Deluxe was something to behold. the guy who told me all of this had Bomberman as his Most wanted, so It might have been Bittersweet victory

In Regards to Geno, he said he just knew he'd come with 2 Music Tracks (don't know if that's final). I just wanted to mentioned that since Fatman mentioned Waluigi 2 Pages ago

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know, even though it may have been me who started this up again, maybe to some degree this time, I do agree with this mindset. But don't you guys find it odd that we keep talking about how to be positive over and over again?
I blame this staggered reveal schedule, really. It's a beacon for repetition and stagnation, in my opinion - we go weeks and weeks cycling through the same things over and over, and in our case specifically, each cycle completely fails to visibly shift the supposed odds either in our favor or away from us.

Geno wasn't the last character, or the one before that, and if he's not the next one we'll still be in the exact same spot. Nothing's really pointed to him being unlikely, so far, but he hasn't been revealed yet either.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I blame this staggered reveal schedule, really. It's a beacon for repetition and stagnation, in my opinion - we go weeks and weeks cycling through the same things over and over, and in our case specifically, each cycle completely fails to visibly shift the supposed odds either in our favor or away from us.

Geno wasn't the last character, or the one before that, and if he's not the next one we'll still be in the exact same spot. Nothing's really pointed to him being unlikely, so far, but he hasn't been revealed yet either.
Yeah, we are really not going anywhere anytime soon with this lack of news and this type of reveal schedule,

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
As someone who feels confident that Geno is coming, I gotta say I appreciate that we aren't actually running around yelling "He's certainly coming and the signs point to it being around [insert time frame here]. The problem is that people remember how they feel rather than what they actually read. Memories are not recordings. So it's bound to happen that both avid Geno supporters and staunch critics of Geno supporters are going to feel as if we're behaving like cultists with prophets, a messiah, and a cataclysmic change.

This isn't some Q bull**** where vague open-to-interpretation "clues" are "decoded" but SUDDENLY only are real if they turned out to be real. It's a video game character and we have hope and speculation instead of mental gymnastics to protect our egos.

No, you see, if Geno as a playable fighter doesn't occur in this game then we'll generally be saddened after being emotionally vested and feeling a sense of hope or confidence before moving on with our lives as we aren't running around sincerely believing he's 100% a lock. That's just ridiculous.

Be excited, be confident, be hopeful, but also continue to treat smartly formed speculation and theorycrafting for what they are: smart but not a guarantee.

If people are going to caricaturize us for being excited and hopeful then wait until they get a load of their pariah relatives ranting about adrenochrome at the holiday dinner table.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman

So kinda like Schrodinger's Geno lol

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Saying it now, Ocarina Of Time did it first.
I really hope that whatever time travel shenanigans they have planned for AoC don't just completely invalidate BotW
It's less "time travel bad" (and let me be frank here, I think time travel BAD) and more that I think with how Nintendo has pushed the game people are REALLY going in expecting the story to be one thing when it's actually something completely different.

QQS

Smash Lord
Nothing good comes easy. Good thin take some time. Victory will be very sweet. If it doesn’t happen on November or December, hope it can be at least March with the 25º birthday of our boy. It can be before also when Geno serves a higher demand!

083B6A12-A9F7-4257-8C75-E2BADF2514F2.jpeg
Artist: Dimentio.

EF9F2839-A0ED-473E-815E-724EF7E02572.jpeg

Artist: Tate Geborkoff

EDIT: fixed words.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I Still Can't believe Nintendo actually got Mad over the Steve S**t posting

Also Something I Gotta ask, Have Waluigi and Geno ever been heard together? Both being Mario Characters, I would think there be some intel about them together or something
Never "together" together but most people I talk to have heard both at some point. As people may remember, my prediction last year was Waluigi and Geno as 6 and 7 respectively because Waluigi was regularly talked about "not being like the other packs" and probably being a stand alone character if he happened. I talked about it ages ago but Waluigi and Geno are two characters that almost everyone has heard about but many don't believe for one reason or another, especially Waluigi.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, since Waluigi was brought up in regards to the C&D, I guess I should mention this

Someone I Knew of Kept telling me that Nintendo had some serious Discussion of Assist Promotions. The 4 Characters mentioned were Waluigi, Shadow, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman. this was back in September of 2019

So seeing the Bomberman Mii Costume as a Deluxe was something to behold. the guy who told me all of this had Bomberman as his Most wanted, so It might have been Bittersweet victory

In Regards to Geno, he said he just knew he'd come with 2 Music Tracks (don't know if that's final). I just wanted to mentioned that since Fatman mentioned Waluigi 2 Pages ago
I'd like a Shovel Knight costume, if it was the same sort of deal as the Bomberman one. Maybe even a Black Knight version, too. Not sure they'd ever do it, but I also wouldn't mind Shadow coming even as an alt costume for Sonic with his own voice clips.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Geno and Waluigi have and will always never have any impact on one another.
Both have different reasons to be included, both please different fanbases, etc.
I firmly Disagree

I Always though Geno and Waluigi would appeal to the Same audience in the Smash fanbase. The major difference is that Waluigi would also appeal to more Casual Nintendo Audience and More Casual Mario Fans, Since more people are familiar with Waluigi then Geno

Which is why i can't see both in this same pass, and only one or the other. But That's just me

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I firmly Disagree

I Always though Geno and Waluigi would appeal to the Same audience in the Smash fanbase. The major difference is that Waluigi would also appeal to more Casual Nintendo Audience and More Casual Mario Fans, Since more people are familiar with Waluigi then Geno

Which is why i can't see both in this same pass, and only one or the other. But That's just me
“Waluigi and Geno would appeal to the same audience!”

explains why they appeal to different audiences
193CA77F-3B43-4033-BA19-FF3C10AF8738.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I firmly Disagree

I don’t see Waluigi and Geno in the same pass, but they certainly do not appeal the same audience as all things you said.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I firmly Disagree

Agreed.

I can see a few posters here already have an issue with this statement, but I believe I see where you are coming from.

Most, if not all Geno fans are also familiar with Waluigi. There is definitely overlap in the two communities even within this thread. However I don't believe the same can be said the other way around. So personally Waluigi would probably be a safer bet over Geno from that perspective.
Im not necessarily saything that every Geno fan wants Waluigi, only that he is easily recognized by the same fan bases.

At the end of the day, I just find it unlikely statistically that we would receive 3 characters tied to the Mario series as downloadable content.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
“Waluigi and Geno would appeal to the same audience!”

explains why they appeal to different audiences
View attachment 292085
Here's How I See it

If Geno is a Very Tasty Resses Ice Cream, Than Waluigi is Also that Very Tasty Resses Ice Cream, But he also has Sprinkles and Cherry on Top and Whipped Cream

What I'm trying to say is that Every Audience Geno Appeals too, Waluigi Also appeals to the Audience as well, except he has extra advantages

Like Technically Geno would kinda appeal to the Mario and Nintendo Fanbase, but No where near as much as Waluigi

I don't see it as different as something like Lloyd or Waluigi, League of Legends or Waluigi, Shadow or Waluigi, because the other Characters I Mentioned do Appeal in someway to way different Audience. Lloyd also appeals to tales Fanbase, League to League fanbase, and Shadow to Sonic Fanbase. they are different Flavors from Waluigi

I Don't see Geno that way, But that doesn't mean I don't think Geno can't get in (I Personally think Geno has better odds than Waluigi). I just don't think both will get in, and This is the reason why

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's How I See it

If Geno is a Very Tasty Resses Ice Cream, Than Waluigi is Also that Very Tasty Resses Ice Cream, But he also has Sprinkles and Cherry on Top and Whipped Cream

What I'm trying to say is that Every Audience Geno Appeals too, Waluigi Also appeals to the Audience as well, except he has extra advantages

Like Technically Geno would kinda appeal to the Mario and Nintendo Fanbase, but No where near as much as Waluigi

I don't see it as different as something like Lloyd or Waluigi, League of Legends or Waluigi, Shadow or Waluigi, because the other Characters I Mentioned do Appeal in someway to way different Audience. Lloyd also appeals to tales Fanbase, League to League fanbase, and Shadow to Sonic Fanbase. they are different Flavors from Waluigi

I Don't see Geno that way, But that doesn't mean I don't think Geno can't get in (I Personally think Geno has better odds than Waluigi). I just don't think both will get in, and This is the reason why
You dissing Geno by treating him as the not-so-better ice cream here, man? :troll: :p

D

Deleted member

Tonight we may get a spirit event. Either a brand new series or same lame fitting theme.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I was kidding. I do like that kind of ice cream, but not as much as other types, like Oreo and Butterfinger.
Never had Butterfinger, But Oreo is really good, Especially mint (at least for me)

Actually though, What type of Ice Cream would you guys see Geno as?

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Wait, seriously? Out of all things to have a Spirits event for, being sleeveless is considered to be one of them?

I mean, I'm not complaining about it, but it just feels so...random of a suggestion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, seriously? Out of all things to have a Spirits event for, being sleeveless is considered to be one of them?

I mean, I'm not complaining about it, but it just feels so...random of a suggestion.
Man, they must be running out of ideas now.

D

Deleted member

Never "together" together but most people I talk to have heard both at some point. As people may remember, my prediction last year was Waluigi and Geno as 6 and 7 respectively because Waluigi was regularly talked about "not being like the other packs" and probably being a stand alone character if he happened. I talked about it ages ago but Waluigi and Geno are two characters that almost everyone has heard about but many don't believe for one reason or another, especially Waluigi.
Did people get C&D over Geno from Nintendo or was it just Square?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom