• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think Travis has a pretty good chance of being playable. Always have. I don't think low sales mean much. After all, Sakurai has stated that he likes to add characters to introduce them to a wider audience. This doesn't go for every character, of course, but it's a factor. They tend to alternate between big additions of gaming icons, fan requests, joke characters, retro reps, and underdogs Sakurai wants to boost, when adding characters. Travis easily falls under the latter category. I don't think Nintendo picking the characters hurts this, either. They know a character getting added to Smash will boost their series' popularity; look no further than their choice of Min Min. Travis is a character that Nintendo and Sakurai would be very likely to agree on.

That said, I feel like people are reading too much into Suda's "no comment". It's intriguing, but it could end up meaning nothing. I've seen a lot of people taking it as confirmation that Travis will be in in some way, even if just Mii costume or spirits. I feel like that's jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Sakurai says that you have 5 to choose from this list to fill out the pass, who do you choose?

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Ahhh I love doing these! Hmmmm...

Its gotta be:

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Master Chief
3. Geno
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Agumon

I also believe Travis Touchdown could actually make it as a playable character.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
After sharing the tweet, I remembered that when I was checking the eShop last night, the Square Enix sale was already ongoing. Regardless, it may just be a sale since its TGS (and Square presented in TGS). Then again...

• Final Fantasy games (VII, VIII, IX, XII, XV Pocket Edition, etc.) ported to the Switch for quite some time now
  • Trials of Mana (the remake) also released on the Switch (quite a while now)
  • Collection of Mana also released on the Switch (quite a while now)
  • Octopath Traveler (Switch exclusive at launch and BOY what an exclusive it was)
  • Trials of Mana Spirit Event for SSBU (quite a while ago)
  • Octopath Traveler Spirit Event for SSBU (quite a while ago)
  • Hero in SSBU (freakin Dragon Quest rep)
  • Dragon Quest XI S on Switch (this game got advertised pretty hard; with good reason; great game)
  • Saw during TGS 2020's Square Enix presentation that apparently Dragon Quest X will be coming to the Switch (and other consoles) as well. At least that's what the trailer looked like.
  • Bravely Default II (Switch exclusive), TBA... maaaaaybe a 2020 release?
Square Enix has really come through for Nintendo (along with other releases). Still... why the freakin' HECK is SMRPG STILL not on the SNES NSO Library, and... where the heck is the Geno Mii Costume, and Chocobo Hat? Hmmmm? HMMMMMM? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!?!

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman

Sakurai says that you have 5 to choose from this list to fill out the pass, who do you choose?

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Might as well hop on the bandwagon, ey?

1: Geno
I mean, of course. My favorite party member in Super Mario RPG, hailing from a game that introduced me to so many neat and wacky things that got me interested in RPGs to begin with, and who has a lot of interesting and varied attacks that would be cool to see in a party brawler like Smash Bros.

2: Klonoa
Admittedly, I never got much playtime with his original games, but I've always had a huge appreciation for the character due to a Game Boy Advance game that I enjoyed playing very much. I love his design, I enjoy the world he hails from, and I think it'd be a neat character to add to the list.

3: Phoenix Wright
The Ace Attorney games gave me a new way to enjoy interactive storytelling, with dramatic (and sometimes silly) twists and turns in the story, memorable characters and narratives, and a unique style of gameplay that has only further evolved in the various games that have spawned from the core franchise. Also, I used Phoenix Wright like mad when he was actually in a fighting game, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, so naturally, another chance to throw paper around and chuck evidence at people seems like fun to me.

4: Crash Bandicoot
If ever there was a mascot from Sony's side of the pond that needed to be in Smash Bros., I honestly think Crash fits the bill to a T. Huge fan of his tricky platforming games back in the day, just as big a fan of the N-Sane Trilogy remasters today, and with a new Fourth game around the corner, I'm hype to enjoy more of what Crash has to offer. His moveset would work quite well in Smash, I think, and I feel like now's the best time to make it happen.

5: Rayman
Incredibly nostalgic for Rayman 2 on my N64, I also thoroughly enjoyed Rayman's 2-D offerings in the modern titles Origins and Legends. I've always kind of wanted to see Rayman appear in something like Smash, and interestingly, it was actually due to the ArtsiOmni Smashified leak that I really started to think more seriously about it. Of course! It just made sense. And, it's also a longtime request of one of my best friends, so to see him get his wish as well would mean a lot to me.

Honorable Mentions:
Sora, Amaterasu, Lara Croft

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Guys, I need some genuine advice about a concern I'm having.

I have a pretty busy schedule; most hours of the day I'm either doing school work, or at work. Odds are, I likely won't be able to watch the Direct live for the next newcomer reveal.

You know what happens. The second a new character is revealed, they get plastered all over social media, LaxChris and BlockedContent have a fusion-dance circle-jerk over the 30 clickbait videos they can pump out over it.

I want to have a genuine reaction to the reveal. If I can't watch it live, is there any hope for me? I know any thread, including this one, is going to be shouting the character's name the second they're revealed. Idk what to do, I feel like I might be screwed.

EDIT: Example of BlockedContent/LaxChris after CP7 is revealed:
  • CHARACTER 7 REVEALED! What does this mean for Character 8?
  • IN THE CORNER OF THE NEW REVEAL SAKURAI'S PS4 IS IN THE BACKGROUND, SACKBOY FOR CP8?
  • ANALYZING CP7 TRAILER, DID YOU SEE THE GOKU POSTER STICKING OUT OF SAKUAI'S CABINETS?

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman

I have a pretty busy schedule; most hours of the day I'm either doing school work, or at work. Odds are, I likely won't be able to watch the Direct live for the next newcomer reveal.

You know what happens. The second a new character is revealed, they get plastered all over social media, LaxChris and BlockedContent have a fusion-dance circle-jerk over the 30 clickbait videos they can pump out over it.

I want to have a genuine reaction to the reveal. If I can't watch it live, is there any hope for me? I know any thread, including this one, is going to be shouting the character's name the second they're revealed. Idk what to do, I feel like I might be screwed.
The only real way to avoid being taken out by a tidal wave of spoilers would be to disconnect from any of your social medias for the day, avoid youtube and any other media site of that variety, perhaps ONLY keep a tab open for the official Nintendo twitter account to just be notified of a presentation or anything of that nature, but..

Ultimately, there's not a whole lot to recommend if you're super-interconnected with the online world and can't really get away from it no matter what you're doing. The best you could do is just turn a blind eye to everything and maybe hound the Nintendo pages for a potential presentation or announcement so that you don't catch any weird recommendeds/thumbnails.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The only real way to avoid being taken out by a tidal wave of spoilers would be to disconnect from any of your social medias for the day, avoid youtube and any other media site of that variety, perhaps ONLY keep a tab open for the official Nintendo twitter account to just be notified of a presentation or anything of that nature, but..

Ultimately, there's not a whole lot to recommend if you're super-interconnected with the online world and can't really get away from it no matter what you're doing. The best you could do is just turn a blind eye to everything and maybe hound the Nintendo pages for a potential presentation or announcement so that you don't catch any weird recommendeds/thumbnails.
I'm just worried that after the presentation, even Nintendo's ****ing Twitter account will start posting pictures of the new character. I might just be screwed overall honestly, unless someone is generous enough to just link me the Direct through this site.

link2702

Smash Champion

• IN THE CORNER OF THE NEW REVEAL SAKURAI'S PS4 IS IN THE BACKGROUND, SACKBOY FOR CP8?
  • ANALYZING CP7 TRAILER, DID YOU SEE THE GOKU POSTER STICKING OUT OF SAKUAI'S CABINETS?

Something I've thought about, but never asked anyone on....is to have someone screen record their PC screen of the livestream reveal, and then just send the video as a download in a PM here. That way you'd see what they saw, without any idea of who the reveal would be until they drop(or a massive hint at the start is given like BK.)

I know the pain of the reveal being spoiled. I was in a college class when BK were revealed, and by the time I was out, it was all over the internet. Worse still my phone data for the month was used up, so playing any videos was a no go, and I only could just see the text from big name gaming sites and some low detail screenshots as they were loading. (the college wifi is garbage, and rarely worked, probably cuz so many people were on it)

Needless to say, my surprise for when I saw their trailer was a bit...less than if I saw it live. Had I got to see the jiggy bounce acrosss the screen live, I would have been jumping and screaming just like folks in the Nintendo store video.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

You’re gonna have to disconnect from all social media for the day. I’d keep the livestream open on a tab your phone, and when you finally get your chance, open that tab and enjoy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I think if you set a reminder for the presentation on your phone, tapping on the notification should send you directly to it. Of course, if it’s livestreamed, I don’t think it lasts very long before they delete it and just upload the regular video (at least I think they do that?), so idk, I guess just try to avoid media as much as possible, maybe keep Nintendo’s channel open that day.

-oh wait yeah I forgot the stream gets uploaded already and just sits there for a day or so(?) before they actually get it started, didn’t think about just keeping the tab open/app going on the stream itself, heheh.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
GENO
CRASH
RAYMAN
RYU HAYABUSA
And the last: I don’t really care on that list. Probably Bandana or Lloyd just for the fans. The other four, glad to see. And Geno, omg with all my heart.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Geno
Crash
Ryu
Rayman
Gex

Okay, here's what you do:
  1. DON'T LOG INTO ANYTHING! No YouTube, no twitter, no Facebook, NOTHING. Nothing except for SmashBoards, of course. However...
  2. Bookmark a page that you can safely log into SmashBoards from without getting spoiled. A good example would be an old forum page for a character who's chances of getting in this FIghters Pass are virtually non-existant, like King Boo or Krystal. (No offense.)
  3. Prior to the Direct, ask for someone to DM you a direct link (no pun intended.) to the presentation on YouTube. In my experience, people in this thread have been pretty good about this kind of thing.
  4. Right-click the link and download it via a YouTube to MP4 converter. Example.
  5. Once downloaded, set up your capture stuff and record your reaction.
Hope this helps! :geno:

QQS

Smash Lord
AD3DF666-3629-445C-9C7D-AF4692C0A853.jpeg

It’s amazing the amount of work Yoko already has in Smash. For sure she is remastering Forest Maze and Armed Boss; probably even more songs from SMRPG and FF7.

Her Memoria disc is amazing. Goodbye Geno will always be my favorite song in SMRPG and the one which I broke in tears remembering the 7 years old me...

GENO STARS IN!

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord

1. Geno (the last Big Iconic Smash Request)
  2. Bandana Waddle Dee (the last Kirby main character)
  3. Neku (TWEWY for life)
  4. Reimu (only indie on this list; she seems pretty fun even if I don't have much experience with her)
  5. idk (no one else here really speaks to me a ton. maybe Sora or Crash? Amaterasu might be fun; more quadruped fighters could be neat)

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Geno (I hope I shouldn't have to explain my reasoning here)
Conker (Conker Chads can not and will not be stopped)
Bandana Dee (The lack of Kirby representation in Smash has been the biggest national tragedy since the Avatar the Last Airbender movie)
Klonoa (Never played Klonoa before tbh, but he seems cool so he gets to be here)
Rayman (Rayman fans deserve this one after what they've been through, also the guy that runs the Rayman for Smash Twitter account is an absolute chad)

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Square Enix games going on sale up to Sep 30th on the eShop. 👀
I don't see how this matters at all... Especially considering that there's a big Square Enix sale going on now on Steam too, and likely even other platforms like Playstation or Xbox. They're probably just doing a sale completely unrelated to Smash or Switch specifically.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Open YouTube up on your phone’s internet browser & have it left on the Nintendo page. Or ask a friend to send you the link to the video directly.

If you have notifications turned on for YT & Twitter then turn them off.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
This is not in release order but in want order:
1. Geno
2. Sora
3. Master Chief
4. Crash
5. ???
For 5, I would put Paper Mario because Geno, Sora, and Paper Mario have always been my top 3 wanted for Smash, but I feel like that would be a little overboard. I'd be okay with Lara Croft, Dante, Lloyd, Rayman, or Bandana Waddle Dee for the last spot.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Dante, Geno, Chief for lack of doomguy( I would love DG just going nuts)
The rest of them are FREE CHOICES for other fans.
The one I really want is Geno though. the middle rows kinda suck ( I HATED no more heroes)

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Might as well hop on the bandwagon, ey?

1: Geno
I mean, of course. My favorite party member in Super Mario RPG, hailing from a game that introduced me to so many neat and wacky things that got me interested in RPGs to begin with, and who has a lot of interesting and varied attacks that would be cool to see in a party brawler like Smash Bros.

2: Klonoa
Admittedly, I never got much playtime with his original games, but I've always had a huge appreciation for the character due to a Game Boy Advance game that I enjoyed playing very much. I love his design, I enjoy the world he hails from, and I think it'd be a neat character to add to the list.

3: Phoenix Wright
The Ace Attorney games gave me a new way to enjoy interactive storytelling, with dramatic (and sometimes silly) twists and turns in the story, memorable characters and narratives, and a unique style of gameplay that has only further evolved in the various games that have spawned from the core franchise. Also, I used Phoenix Wright like mad when he was actually in a fighting game, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, so naturally, another chance to throw paper around and chuck evidence at people seems like fun to me.

4: Crash Bandicoot
If ever there was a mascot from Sony's side of the pond that needed to be in Smash Bros., I honestly think Crash fits the bill to a T. Huge fan of his tricky platforming games back in the day, just as big a fan of the N-Sane Trilogy remasters today, and with a new Fourth game around the corner, I'm hype to enjoy more of what Crash has to offer. His moveset would work quite well in Smash, I think, and I feel like now's the best time to make it happen.

5: Rayman
Incredibly nostalgic for Rayman 2 on my N64, I also thoroughly enjoyed Rayman's 2-D offerings in the modern titles Origins and Legends. I've always kind of wanted to see Rayman appear in something like Smash, and interestingly, it was actually due to the ArtsiOmni Smashified leak that I really started to think more seriously about it. Of course! It just made sense. And, it's also a longtime request of one of my best friends, so to see him get his wish as well would mean a lot to me.

Honorable Mentions:
Sora, Amaterasu, Lara Croft
Wow, this is almost 1:1 my list as well (well except for Klonoa due to not having any connection to the games), Phoenix Wright being my most wanted. 3 more character's I'd love to see are Paper Mario and Sora (both are kinda in competition with Geno though) and a Zelda Rep (preferably Mipha).

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It doesn't exactly but the fact that this is the THIRD Square Enix Switch sale in four months definitely raises some eyebrows.
I mean, its not like they haven't been supporting the Switch a lot regardless of any rumors, I mean they've had what, 4 Switch games published by Nintendo outside of Japan with a 5th on the way with Bravely Default 2? No offense but if the thread wants to get on people for thinking Suda being wishy washy on a question related to Smash is evidence Travis is next then maybe don't take a Square Enix Switch Sale during TGS as evidence Geno is next either.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

My picks:

Dante
Master Chief
Geno
Crash
Phoenix Wright
my ideal picks:

geno
isaac/chrono
waluigi/rayman
skull kid/travis
BWD

something tells me this list makes the dangerous assumption assist trophies deconfirm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom