• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I believe that they only re-released Mario Allstars for Mario's 25th. And 25 is a milestone year. So why would this rumored magical Mario compilation be for 35?
Actually, Mario All Stars was re-released twice: the first time being the 2nd version with Super Mario World installed in it and the 3rd version being the Mario 25th Wii anniversary collection.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My predictions are Geno, Chief, Dante, Lloyd, and Crash and, if we get bonuses, I think we could get a maximum of four and my current "pool" is Waluigi, Dixie, Medusa/Hades, and Lolo. Other characters I still see people taking seriously are: Sora, Travis, Steve?, Monster Hunter, and "a promotional character" with a lot of people still strangely banking on another Pokemon rep.

"My predictions are every character heavily speculated, and every generic fighter pass prediction ever posted on gamefaqs"

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Both Nate & C. Tsubasa hinted at September the 3rd as the date.
If it's a Direct or a shadow-drop announcement, who knows.
By the way
- something for this week was explicitly teased by a PR media relations manager for Nintendo of America on Twitter (as well as by Rogersbase whos tweet was liked by the aforementioned PR manager); his profile has since been privated

- private videos have been added to Nintendo's YouTube channel, including on the available now section (AC update?)

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
"My predictions are every character heavily speculated, and every generic fighter pass prediction ever posted on gamefaqs"
it´s not like we need a random mish mash of KOS MOS, ARLE, RYU HAYABUSA, REIMU, ROBOTNIK for a fighter´s pass. You´re probably baiting, but jesus christ.
There´s probably a pool of 30 realistic characters that we´ll get 4 of those and one Sakurai wildcard.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
it´s not like we need a random mish mash of KOS MOS, ARLE, RYU HAYABUSA, REIMU, ROBOTNIK for a fighter´s pass. You´re probably baiting, but jesus christ.
There´s probably a pool of 30 realistic characters that we´ll get 4 of those and one Sakurai wildcard.
Sakurai doesn't choose the characters. Terry and Joker were not considered "realistic" pick at the time of FP1. And I'd say Arle, Ryu, Reimu and Robotnick are all in the top 30 realistic pick anyways.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not really baiting, but I'm bored of people pretending they have insider info. They're baiting you.

Aside from that out of the 7 DLC fighters so far, only one (Banjo) was widely speculated/requested outside of a credible leaker leaking Hero. Terry, Joker, Piranha Plant, Min Min and Byleth were all big surprises, or at the very least existed on the very outskirts of speculation. If you really think the pass will look anything like the prototypical gamefaqs prediction I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I'm not really baiting, but I'm bored of people pretending they have insider info. They're baiting you.

Aside from that out of the 7 DLC fighters so far, only one (Banjo) was widely speculated/requested outside of a credible leaker leaking Hero. Terry, Joker, Piranha Plant, Min Min and Byleth were all big surprises, or at the very least existed on the very outskirts of speculation. If you really think the pass will look anything like the prototypical gamefaqs prediction I have a bridge to sell you.
I mean i also agree that theres gonna be way more "outside" characters but the gamefaqs predictions i see consists of pretty much anything but geno

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

Hot damn, this guy GETS IT!

The only rule in play right now is there are no rules. There is no target date, there is no "Big direct". there is no one source who knows what's going on. All we have is product starvation and Nintendo are going to milk that for all it's worth when they finally drop SOMETHING. Easy money.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I saw this meme on Facebook and it's been bothering me-

received_316177402931823.jpeg

What game is that pic from? It looks like Alex Kidd, but I know it isn't.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is why it blows my mind when people say certain characters are inevitable. I can't even begin to imagine being 50% sure of a character getting in let alone being entirely and completely convinced they're getting in.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

Exactly how I feel. I’m not sure how many more miscalled Directs, “Dante is definitely FP5”, etc it’s going to take before people stop believing this stuff. Obviously Kelios knew something to be able to call that midnight announcement in July, but no one has gotten the date and content right since. Maybe when FP7 and FP8 comes and it has characters that aren’t your flavor rumor of the month people might stop, but even then it’ll be a “those characters must be coming later”.
I know some people speculate and theory craft for fun and I’m not knocking it at all, despite how that may come across. But damnit will I be happy when the DLC cycle is over so people will just play the game and not blindly wait for Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I mean, even if most of the pass ends up first-party, there is still room for one or two third-party characters, including Geno
At most I see it being a 50/50 split. Nintendo bragged about how well the first Fighters Pass did. I’m pretty sure they know it’s because of characters like Joker, Banjo & Hero. If they want this Pass to do similarly, they’d pick characters like those guys.

I’m not really sure who they could add besides Rex, a Sw/Sh Pokemon & a BOTW character. Akira Howard & Ring Fit got DLC spirits. While popular first parties like Dixie & BanDee would make more sense as base game picks for the next Smash, much like Ridley & K Rool were saved for Ultimate instead of Smash 4 DLC.

I'm behind again (thanks American education in 2020). But there's a TON of 1st parties. Or do you mean just as DLC? I mean there aren't too many you could sell as DLC. But you're right about base game being the place for your Hat Goombas and Dixie Kongs.

I still think people are sleeping on characters like Elma or DK Jr. They could totally get people to buy some flashy new character or a retro revival as DLC. It's the stuff "in between" that is fuzzy.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I don’t know if you mean specifically on Gamefaqs or in general, but Geno is certainly not considered likely there. They all pretty much think he will never make it in. As for the rest, I mean yeah it seems like a too good to be true thing but then again, most of the base roster characters were heavily speculated and there’s nothing saying this second pass is going to be a bunch of surprises like the first. Not that Master Chief wouldn’t be a surprise. He seemed like a pipe dream until very recently.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He’s not pretending though. He’s not a big insider either, of course, as he just hangs out in discords with some contacts who are deeper in (or at least get info), but he tries to piece things together and make predictions based off that. He sometimes disagrees with his contacts even. He’s not expecting us to believe his predictions will be right, some of us disagree even, but yeah I guess it is nice to know what characters have been going around these dudes and rumors/whatever.

Nothing wrong with ending up wrong.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I feel like quite a few of my most recent posts have been just screenshots of "leaks" off 4chan or whatever, but I digress...

This was posted on Monday (yesterday) about 4:30 EST, not sure when Nate and those fellas started hinting at the 3rd or when Nintendo PR started dropping suggestions or when the private videos were posted but this would also fall on the 3rd (this Thursday).

I'll say it again, as before, that yes, most of the times the leaks are BS and untrue. But 4chan does get legitimate leaks and this one feels like it could be real. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but based on my parameters posted way back in the thread it hits a few of them (within a few days of a rumored direct, being the biggie). Nothing in here seems too out there, it all follows current speculation and has some things underwhelming and "very Nintendo" enough they could be true (GBA games as something separate from NSO? Absolutely a Nintendo move). Also of note is that it lacks Geno, who we never really had as a guarantee but a very strong feeling. Rex and Pyra totally would be characters they'd unveil at this time and place because... wtf not, Nintendo? :rolleyes:

This may be one to watch. I'm not buying it 100%, but again with everything be so slow and boring lately, it's fun to speculate.

Screenshot_20200831-195127.png Screenshot_20200831-195134.png

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I feel like quite a few of my most recent posts have been just screenshots of "leaks" off 4chan or whatever, but I digress...

This was posted on Monday (yesterday) about 4:30 EST, not sure when Nate and those fellas started hinting at the 3rd or when Nintendo PR started dropping suggestions or when the private videos were posted but this would also fall on the 3rd (this Thursday).

I'll say it again, as before, that yes, most of the times the leaks are BS and untrue. But 4chan does get legitimate leaks and this one feels like it could be real. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but based on my parameters posted way back in the thread it hits a few of them (within a few days of a rumored direct, being the biggie). Nothing in here seems too out there, it all follows current speculation and has some things underwhelming and "very Nintendo" enough they could be true (GBA games as something separate from NSO? Absolutely a Nintendo move). Also of note is that it lacks Geno, who we never really had as a guarantee but a very strong feeling. Rex and Pyra totally would be characters they'd unveil at this time and place because... wtf not, Nintendo? :rolleyes:

This may be one to watch. I'm not buying it 100%, but again with everything be so slow and boring lately, it's fun to speculate.

View attachment 284078View attachment 284079
I could absolutely see Rex & Pyra, the date, and many of these announcements. I'm also impressed this person only "leaked" one character instead of the whole roster because leaking the whole roster is a massive red flag. However, I agree with the above post about Overcooked and would like to add that it's odd to me because isn't there already a bundle of the 2 games? So I don't really see a reason to update graphics and any new stuff could be added in updates to Overcooked 2. Also the SFV wording and concept made me think fake. Also, agree about Splatoon 3 being odd. We will see though.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Whereas a lot of things do end up leaked on 4chan, it's usually 1-2 pieces. We have never EVER had an entire nintendo direct itemized list turn out to be real before. That isn't how dissemination of information works. This is fake.

Antho

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I feel like this has to be fake. Nintendo wouldn’t split up the Mario Collection and just make one called “Super Mario Super Galaxy”, like what kind of naming convention is that? Either way, I don’t really see Rex and Pyra as likely either because of the mii costume they got as a bonus for buying Pass 1 but that’s just me anyway, not saying it couldn’t happen though. That and the Splatoon AC crossover event. They wouldn’t add Splatoon items before Mario items.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Some of this is believable, though the GBA games working as old virtual console would kinda suck and be weird considering the rest of NSO. The 3D Mario info also conflicts with what NateDrake has said about it, plus it’d be weird to only have 64 and Sunshine under a “collection” title, but eh who knows I guess...but yeah seems fake, Nintendo couldn’t fumble the Mario collection that badly could they? Either they’re all together or they’re all separate imo.

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
I thought this was worth posting:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yeah, I feel like this has to be fake. Nintendo wouldn’t split up the Mario Collection and just make one called “Super Mario Super Galaxy”, like what kind of naming convention is that? Either way, I don’t really see Rex and Pyra as likely either because of the mii costume they got as a bonus for buying Pass 1 but that’s just me anyway, not saying it couldn’t happen though. That and the Splatoon AC crossover event. They wouldn’t add Splatoon items before Mario items.
Yeah, the AC thing is a red flag. Mario’s 35th anniversary month is September and yet they would do a Splatoon crossover event instead?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

The red flag for ME is the Sonic Generations bit. It's playing off of another thing that's been doing the rounds on 4Chan, the "Folder Leak" where it's some off-screen photo of a desktop screen with a bunch of folders listing off the different games like Pikmin 3 Deluxe et al and one of them is "Sonic Generations +"

I don't think Sonic Generations + is a thing.

So yeah. No dice on this particular 4chan leak IMO, though I am one to be open minded.

Rex and Pyra would be cool (I'd like pretty much any Xenoblade character) but I'm personally betting Melia from Future Connected/Xenoblade Definitive Edition, especially if "Daisy Glitch" is indeed anything to go by and not just a random glitch. The difference between Min Min and Rex is that ARMS 2 hasn't happened yet, but Xenoblade HAS gotten a newer game, TWO of them including Torna the Golden Country (three if you count Definitive Edition and Future Connected separately). They may well just forget about Xenoblade 2 and go for the newer product.

Even still... I'm still bettin Geno for now. Too much goin on, I think for it to be nothing.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I thought this was worth posting:

So we are essentially only getting the Mario collection as the first party title from Nintendo this year? Can´t say that I´m shocked.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sonic Generations +? Sounds honestly absurd, especially since it was an anniversary game from nearly a decade ago. What more could they include in it at this point? A port doesn't really seem likely, unless they just decide to port a bunch of games from that era in general like Unleashed HD and Colors. It's the real red flag on this post, alongside Splatoon 3. With Nintendo rerunning old Splatfests on 2 I doubt they'd want to suddenly obsolete it. Furthermore, earlier this year the developers confirmed that a Splatoon 3 was currently not in development. A Spinoff feels much more likely.

I think you mean American Princess for The US Pass© confirmed
Thanks for the stereotype, ***hole...

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Both Nate & C. Tsubasa hinted at September the 3rd as the date.
If it's a Direct or a shadow-drop announcement, who knows.
By the way
- something for this week was explicitly teased by a PR media relations manager for Nintendo of America on Twitter (as well as by Rogersbase whos tweet was liked by the aforementioned PR manager); his profile has since been privated

- private videos have been added to Nintendo's YouTube channel, including on the available now section (AC update?)
Another date from insiders... eh, it's only a couple days away. If it's just nothing or yet another Partner Showcase, at least the wait won't be too long.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember that Nintendo is alert to seal leaks ASAP if one is getting a lot of attention.

Also, I do see that Challenger 7 isn't too far away since Joker and Hero's amiibo is being released on somewhere this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom