• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I personally think that most DLC spirits disconfirm. They probably knew which Nintendo characters they were going with last year so it wouldn’t have made sense to give Astral Chain or Ring Fit any content before they were revealed as a fighter; they would’ve waited like they did with Three Houses.

As for Sw/Sh, they have A LOT of options to go with there for both the potential fighter & extra spirits. I could see it being an exception, even though I don’t personally want it.

I mean there’s always the chance I’m wrong & we could see Astral Chain, Ring Fit or even Resident Evil. But I’d gladly eat my words since I want all 3 of those series to get a Fighter lol
Yeah spirit events after the time when pass 2 was decided (around E3 last year) are 100% deconfirmations, as they wouldn't include spirits from series that they already decided to make fighter packs for at that point onwards. Only stuff that got spirited away before that point of negotiation could maaaaaybe be considered, just maybe. But definitely no spirit event after negotiation was done, they would just save the spirits for the pack instead. It's not even a rule, it's common sense. I know Min min has old spirits but that's because it's a base roster upgrade and they didn't mind mixing up new with old, and pushdustin translated that arms was considered for base roster since the beginning, so it does make sense that they would mix up those spirits together. It's a very different case from anything that got spirits during dlc season, specially after negotiation of pass 2

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
this is kinda off topic but at the same time it’s not because it talks about square Enix as well.

this link is to a reddit post, it explains the rules of paper mario massively in more detail and theres some interesting stuff about square working on mario RPG as well in it

there’s also some interesting stuff to do with AlphaDream. It’s stated in here that as soon as AlphaDream went bankrupt they bought the mario and Luigi series rights off them so that they didn’t experience what happened with Square Enix again.

I've already come to accept that Paper Mario as we knew it is dead, and it will stay dead as long as Kensuke Tanabe is involved and the "Nintendo hates Mario side characters" mandate is in place. This post just solidifies my stance, at least in regards to Tanabe.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is exactly why I meant. I didn’t even think of harmful stuff or dangerous things coming from me. To make it even more clear, I don’t even understand many USA or English slangs when someone tell me I said something bad. For example once I misspelled KKK instead of KKR (King k Rool) and someone insinuated I was racist and I should take care with my words when IT WAS 100% clear it was a mistake when I wrote on the keyboard. It’s totally understandable that I don’t even understand all of the slangs people use, mostly for the people thinking I post “harmful” stuff.

Also remember I was born in Chile, my native Language is Spanish, I speak a normal English, and my parents are 100% Arabic (Palestinian & Syrian). So it’s imposible for me to be racist, and Im against racism. Im also 30 years old, I know what I mean and I don’t need people to tell me how to behave (this is for the people who though I was racist or “inciting on hate” by saying KKK by mistake instead of KKR; and use the word tribe). Oh god...calm down people who react without sense.

Thanks for the clarification @Griselda, you are always so kind :)

And hope September surprise us with GENO‘S AWAKENING! He is happening 100% for me.

Best wishes to all the Geno-tribe and have a nice week!

GENO ALIGNS FROM THE STARS!

Peace.
That was me:

Dude I know you said English is not your native language, but you spelled KKR aka King K. Rool as KKK. You should edit that not trying to be mean, but it's the name of a racist group.
I didn't said you were racist, but I wanted you to change it so you wouldn't get attacked with you being a foreigner and all not knowning about it. We are good so don't worry.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
this is kinda off topic but at the same time it’s not because it talks about square Enix as well.

this link is to a reddit post, it explains the rules of paper mario massively in more detail and theres some interesting stuff about square working on mario RPG as well in it

there’s also some interesting stuff to do with AlphaDream. It’s stated in here that as soon as AlphaDream went bankrupt they bought the mario and Luigi series rights off them so that they didn’t experience what happened with Square Enix again.

A lot of this makes sense and makes the rumored Mario Quality Assurance team sound better, though what bugs me is that the rumor from that one dude on ResetEra said it started during the Wii era iirc + they kept Waluigi from joining mainline titles.

Though I would feel better with this explanation being true than the idea that Nintendo’s Mario IP (and possibly Donkey Kong IP) heads are a buncha paranoid hypocrites, + this explanation still allows characters like Goombella if devs/directors want to make characters like that. Does suck if Tanabe really is just trying to deflect criticism and continue acting like unique Toads etc. are bad though.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny it reminds me to this:
1598896965186.png

Icewolff92 Icewolff92 OH NO, I am now scared that there will be something for TOK DLC that actually has XP and then people know that was planned for base game and Try to kill Nintendo and Intelligent
Theguy123 Theguy123 Ok, THIS IS HUGE. It says "We have TTYD spirits and K Rool as a fighter because Tanabe has nothing to do with Smash". This don't affect Geno's chances!

Theguy123

Smash Lord
The post about a mario and Luigi being bought out and a game potentially being in the works right now for the switch is backed up in tanabe’s recent interviews when he brings up that there’s already a mario series doing an RPG. That to me heavily implies that the mario and Luigi series was bought out by Nintendo and they have a game in the makes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, while reading the comments below the Reddit post Theguy123 Theguy123 posted, I saw something about Nintendo restructuring right now, which is the reason why we're currently going through an info drought (here's the comment mentioning it). Has this been pointed out before?
This sounds interesting. I wish this guy would include his sources though, but I do remember second-parties such as Game Freak getting moved into the main Nintendo building or something.

Also good to know Miyamoto is still cool. The idea he was this game-ruining boomer monster didn’t sit well with me, he still seemed cool on most things (but of course isn’t free of mistakes) and I have a lot of respect for him. He never did seem incredibly strict to Tanabe in that interview stuff, for example, even if he worded things a bit strange and Tanabe took the words too close to heart, plus he was fine and likely even very happy with all the stuff Odyssey did. He did also bring back those old characters that weren’t used for a good while, didn’t he? (still wish they brought back more though but that’s okay).

I didn’t realize he was that busy with Nintendo’s new ‘ventures like the movie and stuff, I thought he was more like an advisor these days. I knew he was advising Illumination and making sure the movie was good, but not all this, geez.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, while reading the comments below the Reddit post Theguy123 Theguy123 posted, I saw something about Nintendo restructuring right now, which is the reason why we're currently going through an info drought (here's the comment mentioning it). Has this been pointed out before?
I wouldn't doubt some kind of restructuring going on right now (especially with the weird meeting in September that nobody can figure out, and major restructurings have been announced in this fashion before) but at the same time it's one guy and it genuinely feels like everyone and their Mom is trying to make up some kind of reason for Nintendo's poor communication when the simplest answer is "Nintendo is taking a drastically conservative approach to handling the panedmic where the best course of action is to just not announce anything until it's finished so they're sure it won't be delayed". It's really silly and has caused the entire Nintendo community to turn into the pre-Fighter 5 Smash community, except this time it's gone on for 5+ months and there's no clear way out of this hellhole (which is an entirely separate discussion) but since Animal Crossing has carried the entire year and their stock value is the highest it's been since the Wii days there's no ACTUAL pressure on them to announce something.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny it reminds me to this: View attachment 284035
Icewolff92 Icewolff92 OH NO, I am now scared that there will be something for TOK DLC that actually has XP and then people know that was planned for base game and Try to kill Nintendo and Intelligent
Theguy123 Theguy123 Ok, THIS IS HUGE. It says "We have TTYD spirits and K Rool as a fighter because Tanabe has nothing to do with Smash". This don't affect Geno's chances!
I'm the one who made that, actually

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Can we stop and give this man a round of applause? I know he's viewed as an arrogant **** with a severe pedestal problem, but he's been one of the biggest voices of reason in the Smash speculation community and brought us this excellent video like six months before Min Min was announced:

GameXplain won't ever be the same without him.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny it reminds me to this: View attachment 284035
I like what I see there.

Can we stop and give this man a round of applause? I know he's viewed as an arrogant **** with a severe pedestal problem, but he's been one of the biggest voices of reason in the Smash speculation community and brought us this excellent video like six months before Min Min was announced:

Honestly I never had much of a problem with him, it's Andre who I detest, and their overall giggle at the end of every damn sentence, either mocking ppl who brings rumors or just have expectations for "insert whatever here". But yeah good on Jon anyway, good luck to him.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
That was me:

I didn't said you were racist, but I wanted you to change it so you wouldn't get attacked with you being a foreigner and all not knowning about it. We are good so don't worry.
Thats right you didn’t mean that, my mistake, sorry dude. It was also a clear mistake from myself on writing just. Anyway, let’s move, and let’s keep as a group!

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Since I am hoping something in September is going to happen soon, here's a Geno/FP7 arrival comic I drew to hold us over!
I wan to say a particular thank you shout out to QQS for helping me troubleshoot the image upload function and making this happen and your unwavering optimism in this thread! May the stars align!
Based on this, would guys like me to do a follow-up celebration on if Geno gets in?
1598828378493_Smash Wishes Culmination_compress84.jpg

Smash Culimation Part 2_compress46.jpg

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Since I am hoping something in September is going to happen soon, here's a Geno/FP7 arrival comic I drew to hold us over!
I wan to say a particular thank you shout out to QQS for helping me troubleshoot the image upload function and making this happen and your unwavering optimism in this thread! May the stars align!
Based on this, would guys like me to do a follow-up celebration on if Geno gets in?
View attachment 284037
View attachment 284038
Small typo error on ridley. I love this comic though! Did you make this? I want to share it and give full credit <3

Last edited:

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Small typo error on ridley. I love this comic though! Did you make this? I want to share it and give full credit <3
As a matter of fact, I did make these comics entirely by myself! I did this while juggling economics, calc III, conceptual physics, and drawing I, so I hope you can forgive me for the typo!
Here's proof that I am the original creator of this:
MVIMG_20200831_195609_compress77.jpg

MVIMG_20200831_195615_compress15.jpg

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

I agree, he was one of my favorite members on the channel and was probably the one who made me laugh the most. Although it’s sad to see him go, I still wish him luck on whatever he chooses to do.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
It would be nice to have a crowd at Nintendo NY (even a small one) to react to the next Smash fighter.
Would be nice, but I'm also sure if they did stream announcements again, everyone would have to be masked and would be asked to keep screaming and shouting to a minimum to reduce droplets.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
View attachment 284037
View attachment 284038
Easy yes, friend. Please do, if it isn't too much trouble.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So since we are hours away from September, everything happening so far is:
-Nintendo NY Store fully reopening, probably doesn’t mean anything Direct related since I’d imagine Nintendo doesn’t want large crowds
-An unknown game revealed in the next Nintendo Dream, probably a small second party or Indie game
-One year since the last General Direct yay...
-Possibly another SNES Online update; there’s usually an update every two to three months
-Mario’s 35th Anniversary(3D Collection still MIA though could be revealed soon)
-Weird Nintendo meeting on the 16th with no software discussed
Did I miss anything?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
-Mario’s 35th Anniversary(3D Collection still MIA though could be revealed soon)
Saw this in the Newcomer thread...
TL;DR, we might be seeing the 3D remasters as soon as this week, assuming the info being heard here is accurate.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So since we are hours away from September, everything happening so far is:
-Nintendo NY Store fully reopening, probably doesn’t mean anything Direct related since I’d imagine Nintendo doesn’t want large crowds
-An unknown game revealed in the next Nintendo Dream, probably a small second party or Indie game
-One year since the last General Direct yay...
-Possibly another SNES Online update; there’s usually an update every two to three months
-Weird Nintendo meeting on the 16th with no software discussed
Did I miss anything?
Nope, seems pretty on point. It's important to note that of the original SNES games datamined from NES Online back in early 2019...
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3 (which has been rereleased as part of the Contra Anniversary Collection on Switch instead)
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
... Super Mario All-Stars is one of three games to not be released on the service yet, and the only first-party one. It's a pretty safe bet to assume that's one of the games we get next month.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
They’ll celebrate the release of a Mario All Stars game with the rerelease of a Mario All Stars game.
I believe that they only re-released Mario Allstars for Mario's 25th. And 25 is a milestone year. So why would this rumored magical Mario compilation be for 35?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I believe that they only re-released Mario Allstars for Mario's 25th. And 25 is a milestone year. So why would this rumored magical Mario compilation be for 35?
Firstly, I've always assumed the reason Nintendo has only ever re-released Super Mario Allstars as a special anniversary kind of thing back in 2010 is because they see it as too good of a deal for virtual console. Why spend 20$ for the 4 NES games when you can spend 8 Dollars for the SNES game with them all on it? So they just chose to sell it for $30 dollars as a "LIMITED" release. Now that all the games are part of one subscription service there's no reason not to release it. (and we know they've atleast floated the idea since we literally datamined it from the NES Online App).

And secondly, Nintendo just seems to really like celebrating their 5 year milestones for Mario and Zelda. As for why they haven't announced anything yet, I mean you've seen how Nintendo is acting this year in regards to communication. Them announcing anniversary plans this late in the year isn't entirely unheard of anyway (they didn't announce anything for Zelda's 30th until September where they announced the branding along with a bunch of amiibo's, concerts, artbooks, and dropping Skyward Sword on Wii U (and technically BOTW was part of that too I suppose). All I'm saying is atleast wait a few more weeks before acting smug about this. If we pass the 13th and nothing has happened by then then fine, I can live with it not being legit, (and I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of Nintendo's big Holiday title this year being EVEN MORE ports/remakes regardless.) but until then I really don't PERSONALLY see a reason to doubt it's existence.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah spirit events after the time when pass 2 was decided (around E3 last year) are 100% deconfirmations, as they wouldn't include spirits from series that they already decided to make fighter packs for at that point onwards. Only stuff that got spirited away before that point of negotiation could maaaaaybe be considered, just maybe. But definitely no spirit event after negotiation was done, they would just save the spirits for the pack instead. It's not even a rule, it's common sense. I know Min min has old spirits but that's because it's a base roster upgrade and they didn't mind mixing up new with old, and pushdustin translated that arms was considered for base roster since the beginning, so it does make sense that they would mix up those spirits together. It's a very different case from anything that got spirits during dlc season, specially after negotiation of pass 2
While I think you are right, this is a fan rule until we got the last character confirmed. We out of every group made a big deal how Min Min killed fan rules, so why do we suddenly feel so strong about one?. Am Ia bit bias concidering a character I support? Sure. But I feel like people should be consistent... and this ain´t it.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I'm the one who made that, actually
Oh, I didn't know. I just was on 4chan and see it, is cool

Ok, this is interesting. I will miss he, he was a Geno supporter and when made that video was when I assumed at least one spirit will be upgraded
On other news, the Nintendo NYC store will be shifting back to general entry.
YES, even it didn't point to a presentation soon we atleast know that now that HUGE reactions are back

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes last week! Twas a good day, regardless of no Geno.

I am sad to hear that Jon C will be leaving GameXplain, but I am happy that he is pursuing other avenues.
I'm not sure if it's right but he has a pinned tweet on his Twitter saying something along the lines of 'now I can play Triforce Heroes' so that's cool.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Even if the NYC Store is open with more regular hours and admittance, there’s no way they’ll hold large viewings. You’ve seen the reaction videos, you could fit what, 20 people in there with a 6 foot distance apart? =P

T2by4

Smash Lord
Saw this in the Newcomer thread...
TL;DR, we might be seeing the 3D remasters as soon as this week, assuming the info being heard here is accurate.
Egy6xb2XYAEm0dh.jpeg

Mfw they make a Nintendo Direct announcement tomorrow morning for Wednesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom