• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I kind of hate the fact that we basically figured out that 7 would be released in September...back in May... And that it was basically sprinklings of false hope that maybe, MAYBE Nintendo would set us free earlier every month for four months... Pic related.

54518543_2262271937156885_3586641173579563008_n.jpg

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Once mid September hits and if there's still nothing from Nintendo, we should expect many, many fanbases will drop any hope of news and stop camping outside of Nintendo to maybe seeing a glimmer of hope, but by this point, it will be the Smash fans joining that group. People will come back once Nintendo decides to participate in their business.

Basically, you think fans are depressed and frustrated now? At least there's that potential of hope in the amiibo release date and Nintendo months ago telling 3rd parties to send them stuff in September. But if the month passes and still nothing? That's when things will get very bad.

QQS

Smash Lord
Beside my optimism, I’m pretty confident objectively about #7 reveal in September, together with Mario Remasters. Because a decent time between Min Min reveal and #7 reveal in Mid-September would have passed + SuperMario35 and Nintendo131 in the same month.

Now, subjectively, that #7 will be Geno pack with many Square stuff like Mallow or Sora premium costume, songs of SMRPG, more songs on FF, etc.

Even more optimist, double reveal GENO and CRASH.

BUT don’t forget this. For me Geno playable is happening YES or YES. But number doesn’t have to be necessarily #7. It can be even #11 or a Bonus. And yes, I know it can be also Premium Deluxe Mii, I understand that it’s an option but it’s not happening twice for me. Geno will be upgraded to a fighter, trust me. (And of course it would be even sweeter if Geno happens to match the #7 DLC-77 Fighter.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I don’t know how much Sakurai cares about “numbers for a fighter.” The guy is just unpredictable. I think next will probably be Crash or Rex and Pyra SMH.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I’ve already bought the pass, but yes to me, that would be the worst pass as I have zero interest in any of those characters. It’s not because my favorites aren’t apart of it. The only character from pass 1 that I wanted was Banjo, but I could at least appreciate Hero and Terry as being iconic characters from iconic series. I wouldn’t put 2B and Phoenix Wright on their level.
Same, even though joker had already been announced, i hoped that maybe geno was in the previous pass. The only character that i dislike.... I wont talk about for it might upset some members of the thread. Let's just say he is bisexual, in a physiological level.
I didnt buy pass 2 right away after that. I didnt care for an arms character and there's no guarantees that there will be more characters that balance the pass.
If we get another pokemon or fe after this whole long ass wait, I wont probably buy the whole pass ever even if we get Geno.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
2B might be a new character and while I don’t think she’s all that likely, I really really enjoyed NieR Automata, probably a Top 5 game ever (along with SSBU and Horizon Zero Dawn, not sure exactly on the other 2.). I’d love to see her show up, her own game and Soul Calibur were a good example of what kind of moveset she could have. She can be covered up, her appeal to me isn’t her body.

Also, Phoenix Wright was quirky in Marvel vs. Capcom, he’d probably be fun in Ultimate. (Not my first Capcom choice though.)

September is right around the corner, at this point I don’t really care who is FP7, I’m just ready for them to announce anyone,

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Other game companies: "COVID-19 has impacted us greatly. Expect delays."
Nintendo: radio silence couple of months later "Nah, everything is fine! Trust me, guys!" radio silence again

Other game companies: Manages to put out worthwhile announcements in Direct-style formats such as Sony's State of Play twice and Microsoft's showcase, even longer (about an hour) than any Nintendo Directs (thirty minutes at best) have been WITHOUT the pandemic.
Nintendo: radio silence

Other game companies: Openly transparent about delays, even if they impact the launch of a new console (Halo Infinite)
Nintendo: still radio silence

That last one gets me. They were transparent with Metroid Prime 4, the September direct, and Animal Crossing being delayed... why are they not transparent here?
So basically this......

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Level 5 Rep? If it's Layton, absolutely, i defiently think Layton fits the "it's not a Nintendo character but it might as well be" aspect. It's such a shame that his franchise was relevant when the Smash fanbase had the fanrule of "THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS HAVE TO BE SUPER MEGA ULTRA HYPER ICONIC AND HAVE THEIR FACE ON LUNCHBOXES AND BE ON THE THANKSGIVING PARADE IN ORDER TO GET IN" but after Bayo that fanrule died out, (then again, Layton was a really popular request despite this fanrule though) Jibanyan? Blegh no thanks, same goes for the Soccer guy.

Phoenix Wright? Prefer Sir Arthur, but i can respect this choice, even if feel Capcom already has enough with Mega Man and SF.

2B?
Glad it's fake.

I kind of hate the fact that we basically figured out that 7 would be released in September...back in May... And that it was basically sprinklings of false hope that maybe, MAYBE Nintendo would set us free earlier every month for four months... Pic related.

View attachment 283800
Hey isn't that the Horse from Horsin' Around?

Just a friendly reminder Nintendo has no games and Fighter 7 will be revealed in the year 2045. ❤
Come on, be realistic on this, we aren't getting the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of Fighter Pack 7 AT LEAST UNTIL the year 34691283442.8, and even then i could argue that's just wishful thinking.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Just a friendly reminder Nintendo has no games and Fighter 7 will be revealed in the year 2045. ❤
But pandemic or something

THANKS GUYS FOR WATCHING ENTITLED NINTENDO FAN GETS OWNED COMPILATION NUMBER #4859. MAKE SURE TO SMASH THE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THAT BELL SO YOU DON'T MISS WHENEVER ANOTHER ENTITLED FAN GETS DESTROYED BY FACTS AND LOGIC. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE AND THE FBI MOST WANTED LIST SO YOU CAN SEE ALL THE PICS I TAKE OF THE COCKROACHES IN MY LIVING ROOM. IF YOU SEE ANYONE CRITICIZING NINTENDO, MAKE SURE TO SEND THEIR INFORMATION MY WAY SO THAT I CAN MAKE ANOTHER COMPILATION IN THE NEXT HOUR. CYA SOON GUYS AND REMEMBER TO PREORDER ANOTHER 30 COPIES OF WWE GAME TO OWN THE ENTITLED WHINEBABIES.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
What a coincidence! I was just making a similar meme myself!

Which is why I think there's something bad going on at Nintendo right now that the public doesn't know and its not the virus. They were acting bizarre before the virus made a big impact, like at the VGAs, which also lacked first party news. Of course, the virus messed things up worse, but maybe their issue isn't just the virus. Releasing games being impacted? Completely logical sense. But having the announcements be delayed too? That doesn't add up. That's like a traffic jam holding me up to work. Getting there on time now is a problem, but why would the traffic jam also stop me from calling work to tell them I'm going to be late?

I'm curious as to what was actually delayed in Min Min. Insider murmurs pegged her as a March release. Logic would dictate that odds are in Feburary she was fully done. And she's a digital content, not physical, so there's no shipping to stores or contact with people. But it was pushed three months. And even how they announced her was odd, with the three months of ambiguity. Did the virus push it, or did Nintendo?

I'm not trying to go all conspiracy theory, but when the virus impacts everyone and later they change plans and strategy to continue on but Nintendo lags behind, that tells me its not just the virus that's at work here.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
What a coincidence! I was just making a similar meme myself!

It is the case though. Mostly because Nintendo doesn’t like to delay literally anything. There’s a reason that for the past 5 months in terms of new first party content being announced and released all we got was one smash character, Pokémon DLC #1, Clubhouse Games, Xenoblade, The Origami King and Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and it’s because none of those are huge ambitious projects like for example BotW 2 and MP4 are and most of them were in the final stages of production already. The times they do delay anything, they make a huge deal out of it, as we saw with Breath of the Wild and Metroid Prime 4. I think it’s safe to say the reason Nintendo has been acting the way they are is because they don’t want to get too hasty in case things get worse, so they switched to a strategy where they announce games at least two months before release. Hypothetically though, if we were to get a direct soon they could just put placeholders on most of the games coming out next year, like Early 2021, Spring 2021, etc. At least we’re almost guaranteed to get a smash character soon regardless though.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The biggest hurdle may actually be the fact that there was that gigantic leak that just hemorrhaged a ton of Nintendo information. The pandemic is factoring in, I wholeheartedly believe that. However, the only thing that I can really consider to hold up anything else important would be if there was a massive breach of security, and someone on the inside leaked all that information on purpose to the outside. Worse still, if that person is in a position of power that gives them access to actual company secrets and sensitive information.

If there was someone like that working at my extremely valuable corporation, putting my hard work at risk, in addition to the livelihoods of thousands of employees under my care, I would want to get that issue taken care of immediately, without hesitation.

If it's a disgruntled employee, that's one thing, but if it's so severe that it's actually a mole for a competitor, who knows what's at risk to Nintendo to let them continue sitting in their office?

That's about the only thing I could consider so dire that they don't feel comfortable moving ahead with anything as scheduled.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Huh, the more you know. Also, I find it a bit weird that Imran is out of nowhere just talking about Geno right before what many believe to be the big direct. Isn't he considered one of the big insiders? This has happened twice, both times very near the assumed date we're getting a direct. It could mean we're actually getting Geno as playable, or just a costume, or the dude is just messing with us because he knows how wild our speculation can be. It could be anything, really.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The biggest hurdle may actually be the fact that there was that gigantic leak that just hemorrhaged a ton of Nintendo information. The pandemic is factoring in, I wholeheartedly believe that. However, the only thing that I can really consider to hold up anything else important would be if there was a massive breach of security, and someone on the inside leaked all that information on purpose to the outside. Worse still, if that person is in a position of power that gives them access to actual company secrets and sensitive information.

If there was someone like that working at my extremely valuable corporation, putting my hard work at risk, in addition to the livelihoods of thousands of employees under my care, I would want to get that issue taken care of immediately, without hesitation.

If it's a disgruntled employee, that's one thing, but if it's so severe that it's actually a mole for a competitor, who knows what's at risk to Nintendo to let them continue sitting in their office?

That's about the only thing I could consider so dire that they don't feel comfortable moving ahead with anything as scheduled.
The Giga leak had not only source codes, but private emails between the developers as well. Even though those emails may be old, it's personal information that's illegal for anyone to see. I imagine your thoery is correct.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Huh, the more you know. Also, I find it a bit weird that Imran is out of nowhere just talking about Geno right before what many believe to be the big direct. Isn't he considered one of the big insiders? This has happened twice, both times very near the assumed date we're getting a direct. It could mean we're actually getting Geno as playable, or just a costume, or the dude is just messing with us because he knows how wild our speculation can be. It could be anything, really.
Ok, first to all, we 100% know that Khan has Smash news:
-He said that was in E3 2019 when Nintendo give Sakurai greenlight for the FP2
-He also said that originally Hero would be a shadowdrop in the June 2019 Direct
-He said that originally Byleth would be revealed in November
-He said he kmew who the ARMS Rep will end being, and then he made a thread of three tweets. One with M, Other with I and lasty one with N, he was obviously teasing at Min Min
Also, when Grubb made SMRPG photos before the 1st Partner's Showcase he said that the SMRPG Mario would be a good idea, he is either Teasing Geno or joking

a random user

Smash Journeyman
The Giga leak had not only source codes, but private emails between the developers as well. Even though those emails may be old, it's personal information that's illegal for anyone to see. I imagine your thoery is correct.
forget old emails, if they can get old ones, they can get new ones. the old ones might just be a threat, showing that they can

MattX20

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt that leak is responsible for the silence. Remember, the drought for info has gone on longer than that.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I don't know entirely if SpawnWave has inside sources, or if he is just going off of the investors meeting (I think he has inside sources, or at least im pretty sure he does), but he claimed that within the next two weeks something big regarding Nintendo would be happening.

Reference: https://youtu.be/7O3GwUEVeeQ

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
forget old emails, if they can get old ones, they can get new ones. the old ones might just be a threat, showing that they can
And when you have something that risky, I wonder what that means, exactly, for all internal communication involving company intel and secrets. The story then no longer becomes 'marketing has no idea what they're doing', it turns into 'marketing literally can't talk about anything until the coast is clear'.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They already caught the leaker who dropped the Giga leak and brought him to court and gave him a light prison sentence. So I don't think you will be seeing a leak like this again anytime soon.

I seriously doubt that leak is responsible for the silence. Remember, the drought for info has gone on longer than that.
The Giga leak being dropped could have extended the drought though.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
The information drought has been ongoing since September 2019, minus some first party stuff regarding Animal Crossing, Min Min for Smash, or even Paper Mario, but the thing is, if they were deciding to wait until E3 to really drop any real stunners, and then this major security breach happens, on top of the obvious worldwide issues compounding everything else, it would've certainly exacerbated the drought without question.

D

Deleted member

I don't know entirely if SpawnWave has inside sources, or if he is just going off of the investors meeting (I think he has inside sources, or at least im pretty sure he does), but he claimed that within the next two weeks something big regarding Nintendo would be happening.

Who honestly knows at this point? If I remember right, NateDrake and King Zell were all in for being a general direct on Friday. They had no idea that it was a partner showcase just like last time. I don’t know if it’s even a reliable option to trust insiders or youtubers for direct news at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have nothing but partner showcase for the rest of the year and Smash news and Mario 3D collection shadowdrops on twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Jesus people, the leaks have had N O T H I N G to do with Nintendo's current state of affairs. They happened years ago, from what we can gather mostly not even through main Nintendo servers but instead related to iQue (which is why all the leaks have been centered around first-party N64 and earlier). You really think Nintendo is going to throw out their entire plans for the year because some guy got ahold of old prototypes in 2018 that have surfaced to the public now?

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

The dude is a SMRPG fan

Griselda

Smash Lord
The dude is a SMRPG fan
In this case, yeah, I can't see this as being a hint or tease in any way regarding Geno in Smash. But at the same time, and I think I've said it before, you can both be a SMRPG fan and know things, and if you're someone who's known to receive information before others, then you have to be careful with your wording if you aren't trying to hint at something. Especially since we've recently seen just how little it takes to be ripped up by the masses and thrown off the internet, these days.

Who was the one who posted something like 'Waiting for the Direct' with a picture of a Geno doll peeking around a corner? Because that is what I'd think could be taken as a hint. This one here, I don't think is anything at all. Just a simple observation about the Noge character.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Really hoping that in 2021 , nintenddo drops big guns a on the ps5 and xbox series x, it would be the perfect toimefor a price drop or including two games in a switch bundle at the same price.
Then again, thats what we thought of 2019....

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman

Everybody thinks something big is happening and then it doesn't. I've given up really even checking this thread to be honest. I still don't know what the eff is going on in Nintendo

It's almost as if this year was kind of a planned drought. Those were super common in the Wii U era, but people forget they were common for the GameCube and the Wii as well. Nintendo just used the more plentiful third-party support to patch up all their gaps. One theory that's quite depressing but completely possible is that Nintendo stacked 2017 with the intention of dropping all these big games early in the system's life so that they could have time to produce other stuff quickly, but then it hit them how horrible they are at developing for an HD console, and due to their fear of delays they have just been totally silent to try and save face. It doesn't help that they've also made a crap ton of money this year on pretty much one game so they are not learning their lesson. I said this earlier in the thread, but they have been releasing first party games for the past 3 years now that seem lacking in content and polish. You may disagree and that's fine, but I'll point to Sword and Shield, Super Mario Party and Links Awakening as my examples. Pokémon infamously lacked polish for a modern game and was riddled with glitches, several which still have not been patched out. Super Mario Party was extremely lacking in content and even though there was the promise of DLC it's never been produced. And Zelda, which went on to sell millions like the other two games I listed, was a bare bones remaster of a Game Boy game sold at full price, with minimal new content and a very simplistic art style which, while attractive, doesn't scream modern full priced mainline Zelda on a console.

At some point around 2018, Nintendo made a comment that they wanted to shift their focus to their evergreen titles. Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey etc would fall under the umbrella. But even those have not received DLC, at least any more than any other game. At this point Nintendo is chugging along hoping that Animal Crossing, sales of their older releases, and DLC will carry them until they figure out a plan of action for 2021. There are a lot of great rumors and speculation out there about what they could be coming up with and I do believe most of it. But I think we need to accept the fact that Nintendo still remains ill-equipped to be a modern major video game publisher and developer. They have not changed and this has been their pattern for the past decade. So don't point the finger at me for being a naysayer when they come up with a big direct this month or next and make us all feel better, because they're just going to pull this crap again. I can guarantee it.

I'm going to make a radical proposal here and now, but I think Nintendo would be far better off if they either started licensing out their IPs to up game production so they could focus on pet projects (which seem to get their attention most of the time anyway) or they make a deal with the devil and start working with one of their competitors and/or merge with another large Japanese developer, like Namco. I think those are the only ways we can stop this cycle of droughts

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Even though the french leak is fake I still think a level 5 rep is inevitable. Most likely Layton but a level 5 rep is pretty much inevitable in my opinion

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Which is why I think there's something bad going on at Nintendo right now that the public doesn't know and its not the virus. They were acting bizarre before the virus made a big impact, like at the VGAs, which also lacked first party news. Of course, the virus messed things up worse, but maybe their issue isn't just the virus. Releasing games being impacted? Completely logical sense. But having the announcements be delayed too? That doesn't add up. That's like a traffic jam holding me up to work. Getting there on time now is a problem, but why would the traffic jam also stop me from calling work to tell them I'm going to be late?

I'm curious as to what was actually delayed in Min Min. Insider murmurs pegged her as a March release. Logic would dictate that odds are in Feburary she was fully done. And she's a digital content, not physical, so there's no shipping to stores or contact with people. But it was pushed three months. And even how they announced her was odd, with the three months of ambiguity. Did the virus push it, or did Nintendo?

I'm not trying to go all conspiracy theory, but when the virus impacts everyone and later they change plans and strategy to continue on but Nintendo lags behind, that tells me its not just the virus that's at work here.
Yeah, some major **** must be going down over at Nintendo for things to be like this. This honestly doesn't feel normal.

I recall someone mentioning that a major investigation is going on regarding those source code leaks.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Even though the french leak is fake I still think a level 5 rep is inevitable. Most likely Layton but a level 5 rep is pretty much inevitable in my opinion
For a long time I was convinced Jinbanyan would be a guaranteed inclusion, but I think Yokai Watch missed the mark entirely. It was huge just before Smash 4 released, was being heavily marketed in the US around that same time, but completely missed the development cycle for that game. And I think the DLC wasn't a guarantee, so they kind of took what they could get when they were making it. But once Ultimate enter development the Yokai Watch fad was tapering and now It has all but disappeared outside Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Company had something to do with it not being included as well. I've read speculation that they were pretty pissed Nintendo was devoting time to Yokai Watch and trying to make that into another hit like Pokemon. And since they seem to have a lot of control over what Pokemon content gets into Smash (and could easily pull it if they wanted to) it seems kind of the logical to then say that they probably had a pretty strong vote against anything Yokai popping up in Smash, even if it absolutely is appropriate and makes a ton of sense to include. Sucks too, I really did think Jinbanyan would have been an awesome character and he totally feels like the type of character that would fit into smash really well as he is practically a Nintendo character as it stands.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
For a long time I was convinced Jinbanyan would be a guaranteed inclusion, but I think Yokai Watch missed the mark entirely. It was huge just before Smash 4 released, was being heavily marketed in the US around that same time, but completely missed the development cycle for that game. And I think the DLC wasn't a guarantee, so they kind of took what they could get when they were making it. But once Ultimate enter development the Yokai Watch fad was tapering and now It has all but disappeared outside Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Company had something to do with it not being included as well. I've read speculation that they were pretty pissed Nintendo was devoting time to Yokai Watch and trying to make that into another hit like Pokemon. And since they seem to have a lot of control over what Pokemon content gets into Smash (and could easily pull it if they wanted to) it seems kind of the logical to then say that they probably had a pretty strong vote against anything Yokai popping up in Smash, even if it absolutely is appropriate and makes a ton of sense to include. Sucks too, I really did think Jinbanyan would have been an awesome character and he totally feels like the type of character that would fit into smash really well as he is practically a Nintendo character as it stands.
I personally think if level 5 was to get a rep in smash it would be Professor Layton. He’s been huge for them and his series Is probably their most famous series out their. It’s more successful in terms of reviews and there’s already quite a lot of demand for him.

Plus his series is what Made level 5 more popular. Without his series they’d be less known. Even if it’s not Layton though I still think a level 5 rep is inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom