• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
You know things are slow when even fake leaks kind of breathe life into this thread.

I finished up Super Mario RPG again tonight - really bittersweet ending, I really can't get enough of this game.

This is why if I could pick a splash screen text for Geno, I think, "GENO Shoots For The Stars!" is the most meaningful, because that was one of the last things we saw him do in a game that came out over 20 years ago, and it would be a nice way to bring things to a full circle with his return on top of his ability to shoot stars + aiming for stardom in Smash Ultimate.

:starman:
:sakbanjo:
Please give us the puppet Nintendo.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I found an old NeoGAF post that talks about Noji/Noge in Moon-

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
You know things are slow when even fake leaks kind of breathe life into this thread.

I finished up Super Mario RPG again tonight - really bittersweet ending, I really can't get enough of this game.

This is why if I could pick a splash screen text for Geno, I think, "GENO Shoots For The Stars!" is the most meaningful, because that was one of the last things we saw him do in a game that came out over 20 years ago, and it would be a nice way to bring things to a full circle with his return on top of his ability to shoot stars + aiming for stardom in Smash Ultimate.

:starman:
:sakbanjo:
Please give us the puppet Nintendo.
Congrats on the latest clear. I can't wait to replay it on the Switch- been saving my next play through for it! I can happily replay the game even after so many play throughs haha.

lol when I see puppet/pinnochio I get that little boy defensiveness like if someone said your Batman toy was a doll when you were a kid-
"He's an action figure!"

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Do you think they'd stick closer to the originals for any soundtrack arrangements, or would they heavily remix things like they did for Bramble Blast?

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Do you think they'd stick closer to the originals for any soundtrack arrangements, or would they heavily remix things like they did for Bramble Blast?
I hope the music isn't tied up with Square and we can get a generous song selection with originals and remixes together. Would love to see what they can do with some of my favorite VG music ever.

Having the Midgar song list treatment would be a shame (although I'd happily live with that if he just joins already.)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I’d like to see two or three remixes, like Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms, Fight Against an Armed Boss, and a Medley of town / overworld music. Then as many original tracks we can get.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I hope the music isn't tied up with Square and we can get a generous song selection with originals and remixes together. Would love to see what they can do with some of my favorite VG music ever.

Having the Midgar song list treatment would be a shame (although I'd happily live with that if he just joins already.)
I’ve been curious about this myself. I wonder if Nintendo has some partial ownership over the Mario RPG stuff that Square owns like Geno, Mallow & the music. That could explain why we got the Mii costume & spirits fairly easily. It could also explain why Square hasn’t attempted to use that stuff elsewhere.

It wouldn’t be the first time stuff like that has been split between two notable companies. For example, the rights to Roger Rabbit are split between Disney & Amblin Entertainment (Spielberg’s company). Which has resulted in that character not appearing in anything major in a long time.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think we're going to get a presentation that's ultimately worth it by mid September but I'm trying to figure out what possessed Nintendo to believe delaying the E3 presentation 3 months would be a good idea. Yes, they're swimming in money but I'm getting flashbacks of the Wii when they were also swimming in money but kept doing things that pissed off the core fanbase to where support more or less imploded for the Wii U. Morale's in the toilet and the green eyed monster is alive and well given Nintendo's announcements for the summer have been weird piece bits while Sony and Microsoft have done a lot more. Like I said, I still think the wait will be worth it but I kind of feel like Nintendo's playing its cards way too close to its hands given people's patience was already wafer thin back in April.

T2by4

Smash Lord
1598650073744.png

not a single peep as to who the next fighter is
very high chance that we'll be getting the next fighter dropped within the next two week
Man, it would be so hype if it does actually somehow end up being Geno, I have my doubts, but the shock would still be there if it is him.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I still think we're going to get a presentation that's ultimately worth it by mid September but I'm trying to figure out what possessed Nintendo to believe delaying the E3 presentation 3 months would be a good idea. Yes, they're swimming in money but I'm getting flashbacks of the Wii when they were also swimming in money but kept doing things that pissed off the core fanbase to where support more or less imploded for the Wii U. Morale's in the toilet and the green eyed monster is alive and well given Nintendo's announcements for the summer have been weird piece bits while Sony and Microsoft have done a lot more. Like I said, I still think the wait will be worth it but I kind of feel like Nintendo's playing its cards way too close to its hands given people's patience was already wafer thin back in April.
It absolutely has to do with them being scared of delaying things. Do stockholders get mad when stuff gets delayed? That might be why. So I guess to them it’s better to have nothing on the horizon than lots of things that get delayed.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
They are probably just holding off there stuff because 90% of it isn't coming out any time soon due to delays and such. Unfortunate but that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Tbh, I think Nintendo will probably just shadowdrop their own stuff on Twitter while the only chewable presentations we get are partner showcases. Doesn't make much sense to say we will be getting more this year when that stuff would just be shown in a general direct so any Nintendo Direct in the coming months honestly just isn't likely. We may get some sort of Smash showcase with Mr Sakurai but that'll be it for Smash news until January most likely. I would just like to know the next character in the pass and that'll do me.

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if they cut out most of the games they had planed to announce just because they aren't coming out in a few month's. It would fit their current pattern

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't get why they held back this much info either for over 3 months. It's not exactly doing them any favors with customers especially regarding first party titles. I just hope we get something substantial in the following weeks, as the fall is when they typically end their larger Directs/presentations for the year.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Whatever form of info we do get, we should probably keep our cards to our chest till the 16th as that seems to be not only the cut off point for September but also for the rest off the year excluding any potential crappy partner showcases rearing their head in

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
We’re almost there, gang. View attachment 283762
No. No we're not. Hate to tell ya. It's time for people to assume nothing if we want to avoid pain.

Fat, there's no other answer than Nintendo being dumb. They're doing nothing but milking this to seem like heroes, and that's even if they have anything!

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I was able to think of only 3 reasons, honestly:
  • Nintendo is already at the limit of meeting supply demands all over the world. If they announce the things I think they're going to right now, they will have more stock issues than Ring Fit at launch. They're probably ramping up production for the Holidays and I think they'll do the General once they're able to (which is right around the corner).
  • The other reason is because they're also playing the Chicken game with Sony and Microsoft, waiting until the last possible moment to overshadow them entirely (also why I think the Partners isn't a "E3 split into parts" situation).
I think that we were supposed to have it in July, but it didn't happen because of the Gigaleak corporate shakeup that we heard.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Gameexplain just uploaded a 42 minute video about their hopes for these Mario remaster games.

This is turning into a disturbing obsession at this point. This is their 3rd or 4th video about something that doesn't officially exist.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Gameexplain just uploaded a 42 minute video about their hopes for these Mario remaster games.

This is turning into a disturbing obsession at this point. This is their 3rd or 4th video about something that doesn't officially exist.
they make money off of views, a news channel without news to cover can't make money, odds are they are less obsessed and more desperate for views. you might say to not make any videos then and just wait, but bills don't wait

Trevenant

Smash Lord

TBH, I feel coronavirus affected them as well quite severely. For a start they started that whole Gamesclub thing where they upload a 3 hour livestream archive to the channel, they have added new tiers to their patreons despite how they used to always brag by saying it only costs a dollar, they started livestreaming their reactions to indie showcases which they never do and they also did discussions on them which to my knowledge they also never do. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are just getting some easy cash by uploading a 40 minute discussion on something they have already covered for easy dough. I don't blame them too much but they may as well say that they have been affected since it's beyond obvious at this point

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
TBH, I feel coronavirus affected them as well quite severely. For a start they started that whole Gamesclub thing where they upload a 3 hour livestream archive to the channel, they have added new tiers to their patreons despite how they used to always brag by saying it only costs a dollar, they started livestreaming their reactions to indie showcases which they never do and they also did discussions on them which to my knowledge they also never do. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are just getting some easy cash by uploading a 40 minute discussion on something they have already covered for easy dough. I don't blame them too much but they may as well say that they have been affected since it's beyond obvious at this point
Pretty much this. The only "Nintendo" channels that have not been affected by this is let´s players

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Recalling the Wii U's story and bringing it to the current context; with rumors of a Switch revision/Switch Pro in the works, hopefully Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake as with the Wii U, and the supposed "Switch Pro" ends up being a similar story (sales-wise). Btw, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition feels pretty good. Though I'm just soloing the full campaign (like back in the GC). :emptysheep:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
1. Don’t tell me what to do.
2. Don’t tell me what to do.
3. I haven’t given hope up yet and I don’t intend to now.
1. I didn't. I meant people in general.
2. If I did you'd hear it worse than that.
3. Depends what you're giving hope to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom