• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Could you imagine the absolute BUTTHURT if a direct, even a mini, doesn't get announced by the end of this week, weekend, or even Monday?

My body is not ready

If the Direct whatever truly is on the 28th, then I don't expect it to be announced until the 27th

Unless of course the 28th IS the reveal date for a Direct airing Monday the 31st, then that speaks for itself.

Either way... the butthurt will commence. For a week.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
well I've decided to pull the trigger and burn a day off for this direct so i can prepare for genostravaganza. Those ****ers better not have messed up on the date.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The General Direct seems pretty decently likely at this point because, looking at the history of Indie presentations and General Directs, the range gap is between 9 days and about 2 and a half weeks. 9 days has been the shortest gap and, coincidentally, that was earlier this year. Time to start stockpiling Geno memes.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Someone with a brain, thank god!

I can't believe I made a mega post recently putting out all i know and such… and yet people decide to obviate segments of what a person says, as usual. What is this, gamefaqs? lol, this is why i wrote at the end of that mega post that people wouldn't read it, I freaking called it, and it's even more amazing when you realize people didn't get past reading the first freaking paragraph where I clarify that I don't get smash info anymore (unless a miracle happened to NoA source, which I do not expect to happen, they didn't even know for sure who the Arms character was when it was about to be revealed. Back in 2019 they would have totally known who it was, just like they did with Banjo) …
Man people need to stop being lazy and read, lol.
View attachment 282670

Oh also, yeah literally a post before my gun sakurai picture:
View attachment 282671

It's literally common sense to expect FP7 to be shown in the next direct, hoping that the 28th is real just like yesterday was a real date for an announcement… We know amiibos are coming in Fall, so FP7 should be releasing in Fall too. So obviously fp7 should be shown next presentation, unless something weird happened to sakurai's team, lol.
Sheit, all I know is what I hear second hand. But since you're here and supposedly without smash info whatsoever, I just got one question for you, wise guy...
How would you describe your perfect sunday?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Obviously we can continue to have fun speculating, though Nazyrus has made it clear at this point he no longer receives any Smash information. So I think he’s just being an epic “fan rules are dumb” gamer!
I mean...He CAN do that,,,and he DID do that...

But why?

Noipoi

Howdy!
The General Direct seems pretty decently likely at this point because, looking at the history of Indie presentations and General Directs, the range gap is between 9 days and about 2 and a half weeks. 9 days has been the shortest gap and, coincidentally, that was earlier this year. Time to start stockpiling Geno memes.
Damn that’s some CONFIDENCE bro.

Hope you’re right!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Damn that’s some CONFIDENCE bro.

Hope if you’re right!
I've been confident in Geno for over a year now and I basically laid out the conditions last July:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, now that we're finally approaching #7 after months of radio silence, let's take a step back and put things into perspective.
  • It hasn't leaked! In fact, we've basically had no real Smash rumors/credible leads since January. Has Nintendo managed to finally plug up their pipes? Is it something that wouldn't be as out in the open like another first party/secretive (Japanese) third party? Are people in the know scared to talk about Smash rumors because the entire fanbase is full of absolute lunatics, it's way more trouble than it's worth, and after what happened with #5 nobody is desperate enough to touch that ****? Probably a combination of all three. Of course the direct is supposedly a ways out still (and 7 is almost certainly out in September anyway so on the off chance we have to wait a bit longer it's still coming soon.) so stuff might start trickling out, but it still puts things in perspective. At the very least it tells us it probably isn't a western company, that junk leaks like crazy, but not much else.
  • It was going to be at E3! This is a bit more interesting. Since E3 2013 Nintendo has ALWAYS gone big with Smash. Villager/MEGA MAN/Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighters/Palutena/PAC-MAN, Ryu/Roy+Lucas all Shadowdropped, EVERYONE IS HERE/Daisy/RIDLEY, Hero/BANJO. They've never done a modern E3 Direct with Smash without multiple reveals and they tend to drop big-guns as well. Of course not everyone revealed at E3 has been one so it kind of forces us to ask whether 7 is the bomb-drop, or 8 is. Maybe they both are, there's no real way of knowing.
  • It's Number 7, so one of the first-decided, which tells us a lot. Was this one of the bonus characters they had in mind when they only planned on doing a few before a full second pass got greenlit? Probably, but does that mean said character would be more of a fan favorite? Who knows.
  • More importantly, being early in the pass let's us a draw a pretty clean line. This is basically the last-stop in my eyes for non-promotional First Parties. Like we've been over, there is a logic to the order of the pass, it just comes down to negotiations and development time needed. Nintendo comes first, there's no real negotiations needed, and they're going to put themselves first if they're making the pass anyway. Plus, when I think about it, if they were only planning on doing a few bonus characters at first, wouldn't it make sense for them to be Nintendo? Easiest to work with, can get started right away, you get the idea. Of course we've already HAD Min-Min so that's where the issue lies, how many first-parties did Nintendo decide to do? I certainly don't think more than two, but they might have only thought about doing one. It's really up in the air and we'll have our answer soon.
  • If it's NOT a first-party then we can still narrow it down a bit. After first-parties comes third-parties already involved in Smash, they're already invested in the project, easier to set up stuff with than new companies, makes sense. Especially this early in the Pass I wouldn't expect anyone like Crash, Travis, or Sol Badguy. I'd say it's probably a toss-up between Square, Capcom, and Bandai Namco, I lean towards Square but honestly it COULD be any one of them.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
My only concern with the August 28 Nintendo Direct rumor is the fact that that day is a Friday. As most of you know, general Nintendo Directs have never happened on Fridays, at least as far as I'm aware. They could announce the Direct on Friday when it will actually happen on Monday, but again, we never usually have general Directs on Mondays. Of course this is just a pattern that could very well break, but its definitely easy to go off of past precedence. I'm honestly worried that we will get a Partner's Showcase instead.

I also wanna deeply apologize if my posts have been extremely negative as of late. I'm just speaking whats on my mind is all. To keep things on a positive note, I still do think Geno will be CP7 and I will be SHOCKED if it doesn't happen, so here is hoping for that at least!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My only concern with the August 28 Nintendo Direct rumor is the fact that that day is a Friday. As most of you know, general Nintendo Directs have never happened on Fridays, at least as far as I'm aware. They could announce the Direct on Friday when it will actually happen on Monday, but again, we never usually have general Directs on Mondays. Of course this is just a pattern that could very well break, but its definitely easy to go off of past precedence. I'm honestly worried that we will get a Partner's Showcase instead.

I also wanna deeply apologize if my posts have been extremely negative as of late. I'm just speaking whats on my mind is all. To keep things on a positive note, I still do think Geno will be CP7 and I will be SHOCKED if it doesn't happen, so here is hoping for that at least!
I understand, but I don't think that will be the case. I'd hate to say the hype responsibly thing, but stay calm and get yourself ready, and be you. Don't lead yourself to disappointment, which I assume you won't be doing, anyway.

I know you don't like stuff for that, but I thought it would be good to bring up in this case. Please don't hurt me for this.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

I mean the very first Direct ever at least was on a Friday. So there’s that. I’m not sure about any other ones, but the first one’s gotta count for something.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think we should throw out the patterns for this year. Anything could be announced anyway. 2020 is going by its own rules.

Which is why we will leave this year in alittle over 4 months and pretend that 2020 NEVER HAPPENED. All 2021 has to do is stand there and not do anything dumb and it will heralded as a Godsend.

QQS

Smash Lord
I just need to be there and I know I will be there. We all will be. In that place.

That place that feels like heaven when your favorite character is about to be announced. I lived this once with Mega Man. Also kind of with Banjo-Kazooie. And everyone of us lived that with another Fan Favorites already confirmed. BUT there is one missing piece. The biggest and most beautiful of all:

That moment that resembles what the Jiggy was for B-K; and then the silhouette of the duo. Now just imagine what we all will feel when in the next Direct we see Mario wandering in a Forest; Kirby flying through the Stars or Rosalina playing with Luma; or some hidden and dark house with toys in a room. I don’t know, whatever they choose to reveal this epic-mega-most pretty character, will be fine.

When that happens, in a matter of seconds Geno will appear, then the AWAKENS!; ALIGNS! ; SHOOTS! or anything, and then his appear In Gameplay with a Rock remixed Forest Maze like maybe FamilyJules. Then the gang together and Mallow summoned in some moves and Premium Costumed. Then all the gang of SMRPG and all the Cloud-Geno-Hero family. Then a date or a “later today”, that moment of satisfaction to seal 2 decades, it’s about to happen.

Nintendo is pretty much well aware of this and what a better moment to announce #7 (Geno) and #8 (Crash) together with MarioRemasters in the 35° anniversary and the 131° anniversary of Nintendo. All in September.

Don’t Stop Believing. The internet will collapse when that trailer will have 5 millions or more views, not counting the replays.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos TerminalMontage TerminalMontage

Life taught me to always be positive. If you don’t have faith in you, who will?

I know in this case it doesn’t depend 100% on us but we have screamed this since 20 years ago. It’s like a big Snow Ball now that in any moment will explode when Geno Joins the Battle! When GENO VISITS FROM ABOVE!

R RetrogamerMax Enigma735 Enigma735 MisterMike MisterMike Vector Victor Vector Victor Firox Firox and ALL the friends in the Geno cause. This is happening.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I've been confident in Geno for over a year now and I basically laid out the conditions last July:

I also recall you saying that you would be surprised if we didn't get Geno before November this year. Let's hope you're right.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the game to always be planned for 2021? Y’know, for Zelda’s 35th anniversary?

Edit: I mean I think it could’ve gotten pushed from early 2021 to later in the year but I’m 100% sure BotW2 was always planned for Zelda’s 35th.
I think it being planned for 2021 is possible, however, BotW2 initially being planned for a 2020 release was implied by Zell last year too
833FC2F3-D20E-471D-B716-893E9BD6191D.jpeg

C8F0B1F1-E4FD-4EF9-8990-103396C54846.jpeg
So the “Nintendo trying to push Botw2 in 2020” rumor matches up with this

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
In my opinion people often over exaggerate how high the entry bar is for Smash. Treating it as this grandiose crossover that only CERTAIN characters deserve to be apart of. I mean, this is a game where we have:ultbanjokazooie::ultfalco::ultolimar::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdoc::ult_terry::ulticeclimbers: all in the same roster. Not docking any of those characters, of course, but it drives home the point that if they're a video game character, it's not impossible for them to get into Smash no matter what the circumstances are.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Really? So there is really a TON behind the scenes of evidence implying Geno is playable huh?
There is no behind the scenes evidence, everything that's really been heard/speculated related to Geno is public. Polarthief Polarthief has a whole list of everything. Fatman has made it pretty clear no one on his end has said "Geno is in" or anything of the sort.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm so conflicted. That feeling is starting to get in the air again... can you feel it? More new people coming in here with their confidence in Geno, insiders talking up an upcoming Direct finally... is it finally time?

The reason I'm conflicted is because as Vector Victor Vector Victor said, we should probably throw patterns for this year. Nintendo clearly hasn't cared that much about news, so I really don't want to get excited again and get burned. I mean I loved the Shin Megami Tensei news, but... oof, that Partner's Showcase was pretty bad.

I'm getting that vibe that something could happen soon. As I always say, I'm with you all until the end of the line. Let's just hope that end will come sooner rather than us waiting even more months....

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
In my opinion people often over exaggerate how high the entry bar is for Smash. Treating it as this grandiose crossover that only CERTAIN characters deserve to be apart of. I mean, this is a game where we have:ultbanjokazooie::ultfalco::ultolimar::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdoc::ult_terry::ulticeclimbers: all in the same roster. Not docking any of those characters, of course, but it drives home the point that if they're a video game character, it's not impossible for them to get into Smash no matter what the circumstances are.
I agree with you for the most part except for the Banjo part. I actually feel Banjo was one of the most deserving characters to get included. Banjo & Kazooie were practically Nintendo characters when their games released for the N64. They would have been in Smash since Melee if Microsoft didn't buy Rare from Nintendo. Combine that with the immense amount of fan demand for the bear and bird, and you got yourself some characters who were long overdue for getting included.
Signed by, A former Banjo & Kazooie supporter and current Banjo & Kazooie main.

Dekunk

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5452-6360-1438
Super excited for the 28th. Don’t know what’s exactly there but hoping the coveted and extremely rumored puppet dude shows up. Would be a weight off my shoulders(and would be the first character to make me lab them out arduously since Terry).

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I agree with you for the most part except for the Banjo part. I actually feel Banjo was one of the most deserving characters to get included. Banjo & Kazooie were practically Nintendo characters when their games released for the N64. They would have been in Smash since Melee if Microsoft didn't buy Rare from Nintendo. Combine that with the immense amount of fan demand for the bear and bird, and you got yourself some characters who were long overdue for getting included.
Signed by, A former Banjo & Kazooie supporter and current Banjo & Kazooie main.
Again, not saying any of those characters don't deserve to be in, you can make a case for all of them. But Banjo & Kazooie were very much considered a never-ever character that some fans were gatekeeping due to them not having a major appearance since 2008. Hence why I included them on that list.

Cristeve

Smash Rookie
"Groovy"? I'm sorry, but I think you mean
View attachment 262191
But seriously, it's great to hear that yet another person with inside sources has heard Geno. Don't know why he'd be so late, anyhow.

With arguments like these, of course!

Yo, @OffBi 's new avatar is lookin' fine!
View attachment 262192

Was it the sound effect that plays when Mario grabs the key from Bowser in the Fire Sea? Because I had already noticed that. It sounded like it was from SMRPG but I'm not entirely sure.

So what you're saying is Madeline still has a shot at being a DMC?

It's not just cartoonists, it's also the fine folks behind live action kids shows. Ever wonder why there's so much feet-related stuff in iCarly? You can thank Dan "Hold her tighter, she's a fighter" Schneider for that.

Gotchu covered, man.
View attachment 262195

Trevenant

Smash Lord
So how many reveals are people actually thinking? I was wondering where everyone was at as I've seen some people split which honestly had me kind of surprised. I always thought the consensus was one but seems I'm wrong

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So how many reveals are people actually thinking? I was wondering where everyone was at as I've seen some people split which honestly had me kind of surprised. I always thought the consensus was one but seems I'm wrong
Personally, I'm thinking two reveals before the year ends.
  1. Fighter 7 is revealed next week in a Direct (hopefully), then releasing in September.
  2. Fighter 8 is revealed sometime in November, then releasing in either December or January.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
why is the 28th the direct date?
Only thing I saw was that sketchy 4chan looking photo of a guy editing the video

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well if the Direct is next week, that's around the time the Fall direct happened last year (September 4)

It's possible stuff that were to be announced in E3, along with Stuff planned to be in a Fall direct comes in this one Direct. if So, I actually could see 2 reveals this direct. Of course FP8 would release probably within the Next Three Months or so, and FP7 releases sometime in September

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom