• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, if you really think about, there's only two big fan rules left standing that Sakurai hasn't knocked over with this game yet:

-assist trophy promotions
-Mii costume promotions outside the base roster

Let's just say of my predictions, there's only three in particular that this applies to and two are characters I think could be bonuses.

View attachment 282647
Sakurai: I'm here to announce there are no rules. Btfo detractors!

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
Not to sound rude or to **** on your wants, since I don't usually post here, but this doesn't seem to be hinting at any one character in particular, just that we could get someone unexpected. I guess it could be Geno, but it could also be someone like Isaac (No ATs!), Bandana Dee (Protagonists only!), Sakura (Has to be popular worldwide!), Reimu (Ditto, also no indies!), etc. It would be easier to list characters who this wouldn't apply to.
Sakurai said in the Min Min reveal that they might have to change more spirit battles in the future. Here's hoping.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the very least, like spirits, I'm very confident in mii fighter costumes outside the base game rule will be broken since Geno and Lloyd are likely to be upgraded. ATs not as much but would still be welcomed

StarLight42

Smash Lord

"Property of: The Grinch"

In the wastelands of what was left behind after the November 1st Nintendo Direct, 5 spirited souls linger. However, one fateful day, a shooting star brings a message. An invitation of sorts? "From: Masahiro Sakurai, To: ♥♪!? (AKA Geno)" An invitation to the "Super Smash. Bros Ultimate" Video Game?
Geno leaps forth for his last potential chance at joining the Smash Bros. roster, to be the final character to survive the wrath of the Grinch. The other characters stand in awe and fall behind in the struggle.
Geno, a character once thought to have been lost to Smash history after that fateful day, finally receiving his last chance to join the roster.
Will he do it?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I swear to god if the final dlc character trailer isn’t shulk knowing about all the dlc characters and seeing them all through his mind then I don’t wanna even see a trailer for the final dlc character. It would be a missed opportunity for shulk to be laughing at us and saying he knew who were coming all along.

D

Deleted member

Not to sound rude or to **** on your wants, since I don't usually post here, but this doesn't seem to be hinting at any one character in particular, just that we could get someone unexpected. I guess it could be Geno, but it could also be someone like Isaac (No ATs!), Bandana Dee (Protagonists only!), Sakura (Has to be popular worldwide!), Reimu (Ditto, also no indies!), etc. It would be easier to list characters who this wouldn't apply to.
Someone with such an impressive amount posts in about two months time surely knows how to do a bit of research into these things - the guy posting this is big on Geno and Isaac and as such, it's safe to assume that he's referring to one of those two characters. At the very most there are ten days until we know who CP7 is anyway, so just let people speculate for ****'s sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Oh no, I'm not going after you. I'm just venting that I've been doing this for almost two years and literally this month is when a lot of the stuff I've heard in that timespan is being confirmed back to back to back. Because up until recently, I'd point things out that came to fruition and then it always be "oh, that doesn't count" or "oh, that's just a coincidence" and none of the really big meaningful stuff has come to fruition yet. It doesn't help that mods and even admins that I've known for over a decade have called me a liar and I've gotten some oh so lovely PMs from some of them where "they're worried about me" and not so subtly imply I have some sort of serious psychosis like schizophrenia. That **** sucks and I want it to end. Things like Geno have already reached a fever pitch so it's just a matter of when but the waiting is murder.
So, know do you think that Geno is just a matter of time?
Did we ever discuss the wood textures they would use for Geno?
Off Topic but If you are talking about his Smash design I think it will be a combination of his official render, his mii costume and this draw because somebody said it was made by a Nintendo worker:
descarga (5).jpeg
899.jpg

CostlyEmbellishedBarnowl-poster.jpg

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Someone with such an impressive amount posts in about two months time surely knows how to do a bit of research into these things - the guy posting this is big on Geno and Isaac and as such, it's safe to assume that he's referring to one of those two characters. At the very most there are ten days until we know who CP7 is anyway, so just let people speculate for ****'s sake.
Obviously we can continue to have fun speculating, though Nazyrus has made it clear at this point he no longer receives any Smash information. So I think he’s just being an epic “fan rules are dumb” gamer!

Regardless, if say Geno’s the next character, he would break that “only main protagonists can be DLC” way of thinking that I STILL see from people.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Obviously we can have continue to have fun speculating, though Nazyrus has made it clear at this point he no longer receives any Smash information. So I think he’s just being an epic “fan rules are dumb” gamer!

Regardless, if say Geno’s the next character, he would break that “only main protagonists can be DLC” way of thinking that I STILL see from people.
Yeah, I don't think Nazyrus has any control over the DLC. Besides, even if he does know who they are, it could also just be someone widely dismissed so he can say "Where are your fan rules now?" That could definitely include Geno and Isaac, maybe it means someone else. There's nothing to affect speculation in a strong way, be it positive or negative.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Obviously we can continue to have fun speculating, though Nazyrus has made it clear at this point he no longer receives any Smash information. So I think he’s just being an epic “fan rules are dumb” gamer!

Do people still say that? You'd think that, after Piranha Plant and Min Min, that attitude would have stopped by now.

Sure, Sakurai said "everyone in ARMS is the main character", but some characters are clearly more important or focused on in the marketing. Every character in the original Street Fighter 2 could potentially be seen as the main character of their own story (heck, the movie's main focus was on Guile), but Ryu's clearly the main character of that game/franchise.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Do people still say that? You'd think that, after Piranha Plant and Min Min, that attitude would have stopped by now.

Sure, Sakurai said "everyone in ARMS is the main character", but some characters are clearly more important or focused on in the marketing. Every character in the original Street Fighter 2 could potentially be seen as the main character of their own story (heck, the movie's main focus was on Guile), but Ryu's clearly the main character of that game/franchise.
I agree with you man, but trust me I still see this attitude come up when I think Min Min should have put an end to that kind of thinking.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yo, Another Crusade just got funded!
AnotherCrusadeFunded.png

I may spend more time here now that I've decided to delete my Twitter and may reduce my time in discord. Social media is really toxic
A good descision, mate. Twitter is such a terrible website to be on, you can't have anything close to a dialogue about anything due to everyone being so partisan and politically on all the time, and it's helped give rise to a culture wherein a single off-color joke from ten years ago can cost you your entire livelihood. **** twitter.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice potential Geno and Waluigi reveal as you predicted?

[edited to remove thumbnail cuz of a swear word]
Y'know, it's posts like this that get me thinking: If anyone in our community, such as papagenos papagenos or Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , 100% knew that Geno was coming, do you think they'd tell us? Now I'm not saying that they're dishonest people or anything. For better or for worse Fatman has been very open about what he's heard, and from what I've seen of him PapaGenos seems like an all around honest guy, though I don't know him personally. But I can't help but wonder how they'd react upon knowing for certain that Geno was coming. Would they tell us, or would they keep it a surprise?

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Sakurai said in the Min Min reveal that they might have to change more spirit battles in the future. Here's hoping.
Not to be pessimistic, but Min Min's spirit battle still use Corrin instead of well, Min Min, and that statement was more reffering to characters like Ninjara who has a Mii Brawler of himself fight instead of his normal spirit battle if you bought his mii costume, just like what hapened with Cuphead.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm not familiar with Naz, has he been credible at all in the past?
Also a little off topic but here is a Geno sketch I requested from a friend of mine through her Patreon. She also has wonderful pieces for Peach and Rosalina as well.
I believe Nazyrus used to be a part of Sabi's discord a while back. He doesn't do insider stuff anymore, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not familiar with Naz, has he been credible at all in the past?
Also a little off topic but here is a Geno sketch I requested from a friend of mine through her Patreon. She also has wonderful pieces for Peach and Rosalina as well.
A brief history of Naz is that me, him, and a number of others were part of "Sabi's Circle" from November 2018 to November 2019. Three members were insiders, the rest of us were confidants/fact checkers. Naz was a moderator in at least two of Sabi's Discord channels and, honestly, was kind of the first person aside from Grapevine to whistleblow on him and Maru's unethical behavior. The group apparently dissolved shortly I left anyways because, surprise surprise, Sabi leaked the personal info of one of the two other insiders in the group and they lost their job over it. Aside from Sabi obviously, we still kind of keep in touch but the whole Sabi Saga kind of murdered everyone's motivation to be super involved in insider stuff anymore.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Nintendo Fans: "Nintendo... come ON... when's the general Direct?!?!"

Nintendo (sometime soonish): "Be sure to tune in [enter speculated date here and hour] for approximately two hours of news on upcoming games for the coming months and 2021, as well as news of everyone's favorite plumber."

Nintendo Fans: commence celebrating a cult of adoration

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Well, if you really think about, there's only two big fan rules left standing that Sakurai hasn't knocked over with this game yet:

-assist trophy promotions
-Mii costume promotions outside the base roster

Let's just say of my predictions, there's only three in particular that this applies to and two are characters I think could be bonuses.

There’s also the “Having to appear on a Nintendo system” rule. It’s a subject of debate since Cloud & Joker are borderline (was for Cloud now) but I still see it brought up a decent amount.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't really think Naz is hinting at a character, and it's a reach to take it like that. Fan rules are all stupid and they should just go, and they best thing Sakurai could do is just throw them all out the window at once. That said, again, it just seems like a tweet looking forward to next week (because a Smash character WILL be shown off), rather than a explicit hint. Though if it is a hint, I think it benefits Waluigi a lot more than Geno.
My bet is on Isaac if he talks about an AT being upgraded, due to the rumors of Golden Sun revival (as well as I don´t think they are double-dipping on franchises and I believe Geno is going to be in before Waluigi)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t think Nazy really knows anything Smash related. I think he made it clear he wouldn’t know any Smash news except maybe Isaac in Smash so it might be best not to expect him leaking Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
There’s also the “Having to appear on a Nintendo system” rule. It’s a subject of debate since Cloud & Joker are borderline (was for Cloud now) but I still see it brought up a decent amount.
In general, a lot of the "fan rules" that are supposedly broken are arguably discussed even more than before they were broken. Different variables are taken into account, and there's a lot of debate on if other candidates have what it takes to overcome those fan rules. Most of the time, there isn't anyone who 100% wipes the fan rule off the map, they just give a footnote that says "This rule doesn't apply if you meet this specific requirement."

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
In general, a lot of the "fan rules" that are supposedly broken are arguably discussed even more than before they were broken. Different variables are taken into account, and there's a lot of debate on if other candidates have what it takes to overcome those fan rules. Most of the time, there isn't anyone who 100% wipes the fan rule off the map, they just give a footnote that says "This rule doesn't apply if you meet this specific requirement."
The only rule that exists is if the IP originated as a video game or not

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
MisterMike MisterMike I would say that there's only four things I'm hard keeping secret right now because people have said they are explicitly happening. Two things I was explicitly told not to make public and two are my own personal choice because I believe their respective fanbases deserve the surprise. Geno is very heavily implied by a mountain of evidence but nobody I'm connected to has outright said the coveted "he's in" yet. People are usually pretty wishy-washy with Smash stuff anyways which is why I have the approach that I do. The approach of a lot of "smaller" insiders is to not publicly say anything until the bigger guys do so sometimes people won't pull the trigger on their own personal opinions until the last minute. Probably because of my ADHD but I hate waiting and I felt like the evidence was already pretty conclusive last year when Geno's Mii costume was MIA from Hero's presentation.

Quincycoatl

Smash Rookie
A brief history of Naz is that me, him, and a number of others were part of "Sabi's Circle" from November 2018 to November 2019. Three members were insiders, the rest of us were confidants/fact checkers. Naz was a moderator in at least two of Sabi's Discord channels and, honestly, was kind of the first person aside from Grapevine to whistleblow on him and Maru's unethical behavior. The group apparently dissolved shortly I left anyways because, surprise surprise, Sabi leaked the personal info of one of the two other insiders in the group and they lost their job over it. Aside from Sabi obviously, we still kind of keep in touch but the whole Sabi Saga kind of murdered everyone's motivation to be super involved in insider stuff anymore.
Thanks for the rundown, I also had no idea why Sabi became so hated here but that certainly gives me an idea; I stopped paying much attention to him after the C&D.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Anyways, how many of you guys bought the pass. I only bought min min this time.
Haven't bought it yet. I do plan on buying it eventually, but I'm waiting until one or two more characters are revealed. Did the same thing with the first Fighters Pass until Hero and Banjo were revealed, and while Min Min certainly looks cool, she's not exactly the "pass seller" I'm looking for.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Sup, Geno thread! I loved the indie Direct - thought all the games that got showcased look really good, and the Untitled Goose surprise at the end was great. Shame we didn't see any indie revivals of Nintendo IPs yet, but maybe they just need more time before they're ready to be shown off. COVID no doubt makes things tougher. Here's hoping!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh I got the pass already. I'm exactly the kind of person Smash's makers love: I'm not NOT gonna have all the characters, I'm gonna have em all.

I'm a Geno supporter (I don't know if there's some fancy list out there but yeah I'm wantin Geno) and hey, maybe one of the fighters is Geno, maybe one of them is like... I dunno, Doctor Psymad from that Streetpass Mii Plaza game "Battleground Z". Something huge like Master Chief, something mega weird like Blaino the Boxer from Zelda. Dragapult or some other Pokemon from either SwSh DLC or something to tie into Bandai Namco's "New Pokemon Snap".

I'm gonna have em all. No questions.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Geno supporter (I don't know if there's some fancy list out there but yeah I'm wantin Geno)
The fancy list is on the first post of this thread!

But to give my opinion on buying the Fighters Pass, I’m the type of person that kinda needs to have the full roster, though I also have no problem waiting to buy it. For FP2, I specifically waited for the first character to be revealed before sinking my teeth into it. I mainly wanted to see if promotions would at least be possible (as much of my most wanted appear as ATs and Spirits), so if the ARMS character wasn’t a promotion I probably wouldn’t have gotten the Pass until even awhile later from right now. And then Min Min was revealed and I bought the whole thing that very same day.

What can I say, I was easy to please. The rest of the Pass can be characters I know next to nothing about and I’d still be satisfied with my purchase.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Agreed. Although I will only be buying this pass if it includes one of the following: Geno, Crash, Travis Touchdown, Scorpion, Sora, Agumon, Master Chief, and Waluigi. I'm going all in on any of these, but otherwise I won't be buying that **** this time. Don't mind risking the entire pass purchase on the inclusion of any of them. I'm almost certain we are getting one of them anyway. =P
Haven't bought it yet. I do plan on buying it eventually, but I'm waiting until one or two more characters are revealed. Did the same thing with the first Fighters Pass until Hero and Banjo were revealed, and while Min Min certainly looks cool, she's not exactly the "pass seller" I'm looking for.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I waited until Min Min released to get the pass. No reason to get it sooner, but I'm the same way. Gotta have all the characters! And I didn't give much of a hoot about Terry, but my friend loves him and I only found that out when we were at our Christmas party playing Smash. So if I'm ever able to do another friend get-together/tournament, may as well get them all in case one of my friends likes someone from the pass

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
But naw

Super Mario RPG wasn't my FIRST RPG (Dragon Quest 1/Dragon Warrior was, so you can imagine how excited and happy I am for Hero's inclusion, my favorite DLC so far), but it WAS the first one I really played and beat (my mom played and beat Dragon Warrior, I was too little to understand RPG mechanics). For the longest time after Super Mario RPG, I kept trying to make "timed hits" work in other RPGs and would SWEAR that it'd sometimes work when landing a critical in FFIX. Mario RPG is probably one of my favorite video games, the music and atmosphere is great, it's hard to put into words for me personally. But Geno is like, the embodiment of this game and him getting in is like... a long standing thing that needs to be rewarded. Mario RPG put me on the path to other RPG games, including most recently Xenoblade which I LOVE that series.

Subject of the fighter pass... The rest of the Fighter Pass like... it could be many other things. REALLY WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if after 7 and 8 it wasn't primarily Nintendo loaded (wouldn't shock me to hear Xenoblade and other Nintendo things as part of the discussion.). I know it's not a "popular opinion" but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out they were really cashing in on New Pokemon Snap and the "new Bandai Namco thing" actually ended up being a promo for New Pokemon Snap. I'm not "expecting" it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. Like... 7 and 8 are "the big ones" Geno and Master Chief, living up to the reputation of Smash picks having the mega hype characters in the MIDDLE rather than saving the best for last, and then the remaining ones being like, Melia, some Pokemon either repping SwSh DLC or New Snap (a Snap stage would be fun, even if they just randomly add it like the Mario Makers stage), or like, some surprise like Porky or BotW2 Zelda. I would definitely be more hype for say... Nightmare than "New Pokemon Snap fighter", but the Pokemon fighter would surprise me less.

Here's hoping Geno's stage is really cool. Like... I could imagine a "Forest Maze" stage being a mega size stage like the Great Cave Offensive so as to incorporate the whole "maze" element of Forest Maze. Of course, the Nimbus Bus could just drop fighters off at various locales of Mario RPG (Forest Maze, Vista Hill, Star Hill, Moleville, Barrel Volcano, the Blade ship with the Axem Rangers, etc).

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
But naw

Super Mario RPG wasn't my FIRST RPG (Dragon Quest 1/Dragon Warrior was, so you can imagine how excited and happy I am for Hero's inclusion, my favorite DLC so far), but it WAS the first one I really played and beat (my mom played and beat Dragon Warrior, I was too little to understand RPG mechanics). For the longest time after Super Mario RPG, I kept trying to make "timed hits" work in other RPGs and would SWEAR that it'd sometimes work when landing a critical in FFIX. Mario RPG is probably one of my favorite video games, the music and atmosphere is great, it's hard to put into words for me personally. But Geno is like, the embodiment of this game and him getting in is like... a long standing thing that needs to be rewarded. Mario RPG put me on the path to other RPG games, including most recently Xenoblade which I LOVE that series.

Subject of the fighter pass... The rest of the Fighter Pass like... it could be many other things. REALLY WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED if after 7 and 8 it wasn't primarily Nintendo loaded (wouldn't shock me to hear Xenoblade and other Nintendo things as part of the discussion.). I know it's not a "popular opinion" but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out they were really cashing in on New Pokemon Snap and the "new Bandai Namco thing" actually ended up being a promo for New Pokemon Snap. I'm not "expecting" it, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. Like... 7 and 8 are "the big ones" Geno and Master Chief, living up to the reputation of Smash picks having the mega hype characters in the MIDDLE rather than saving the best for last, and then the remaining ones being like, Melia, some Pokemon either repping SwSh DLC or New Snap (a Snap stage would be fun, even if they just randomly add it like the Mario Makers stage), or like, some surprise like Porky or BotW2 Zelda. I would definitely be more hype for say... Nightmare than "New Pokemon Snap fighter", but the Pokemon fighter would surprise me less.

Here's hoping Geno's stage is really cool. Like... I could imagine a "Forest Maze" stage being a mega size stage like the Great Cave Offensive so as to incorporate the whole "maze" element of Forest Maze. Of course, the Nimbus Bus could just drop fighters off at various locales of Mario RPG (Forest Maze, Vista Hill, Star Hill, Moleville, Barrel Volcano, the Blade ship with the Axem Rangers, etc).
I HATE you, I had to read that entire post in Brak's voice...

I'd do it again~

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

I think there are certainly enough weird coincidences and suspicious mentions to heavily support Geno coming down the pike regardless of any insider information. It's one thing when the speculation hits a fever pitch like how everybody hyped Ridley leading up Smash 4, but it's a different story when significant sources start to name drop the character out of the blue. Case in point, going into E3 2018 we suddenly had significant people such as GameXplain and Resetera insiders casually talking about Ridley when they didn't before, making jokes about his size, his role as a major villain, his perfect attendance in Smash, and so forth. This happened for a LOT of Ultimate characters, actually. And while you could argue around and around that they were just speculating like the rest of us, I will remind you that Banjo was considered a never ever dream character until the few months leading up to E3 last year, then suddenly everybody was talking about how reasonable he was. Geno is in this exact same boat right now. Suddenly we have major vendors like GameStop and Walmart Canada talking about him, all of the same insiders and journalist as before are totally cool giving Geno more than just a passing mention, and then there are the mentions from Nintendo's official social media, albeit infrequent. Odd that now everyone wants to bring up this character and SMRPG when neither were given a spotlight longer than a few mins over the past two decades.

I'm going to also parrot other stuff that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and others have side, which is that the Switch is exactly the right time for Nintendo to push their other IPs that typically do not get attention. The last time we saw some of the B and C tier franchises were on the Wii (now the only Nintendo console to outsell the Switch) and the GameCube (the last time Nintendo had a directly competitive console and when they were going through a very weird experimental phase). People are already hooked on Animal Crossing and BOTW, so they may be more inclined to pick up a Pikmin or a Golden Sun or a Wario Land. It worked well for the Wii and GCN. I mean, the install base on the Wii was HUGE and the GCN respectable. Both Brawl and Melee sold insanely well compared to Smash 64, and that coupled with just a wide sea of new gamers (and profit + dev time for Nitendo) pushed people to check out Fire Emblem, actually buy those horrible NES Classics GBA games, get into F-Zero GX, try Chibi Robo, and so on.

I think the time is right for all of these things we are waiting for it to happen. It just feels right. There's an electricity in the air

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Geno reveal trailer idea (with the idea that Assist Trophies are getting upgraded) :

THE DK TRAILER AGAIN

The usual setup: DK yawns, he's relaxing, the house starts shaking, they check the window just as before. They see a shadow: Long, nimbly twiggy legs, a slender build, swept hair, a cloak, a pointy ear with an earring... NO! It's WALUIGI in disguise! WALUIGI is being upgraded into Playable fighter! Cue the "Kongs in Window mouth agape" shot, Waluigi bouncing around laughing "WAAAAAAAAA heh heh heeeeeh! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"... but then LOOK OUT! THERE'S the actual Ghirahim! He cruelly swats Waluigi away (even during his confirmation trailer he's mistreated) and then YES! Ghirahim is getting upgraded too! He does the lip licking with the tongue, the laugh, sticks his long tongue out, cue the "Kongs screaming, eyes bugging out through solid glass" shot. Ghirahim steps forward, readying his flying knives and sword, laughing all the way. He's about to send his flying knives to stab the Crucial Kongs once and for all... but then... from absolutely nowhere...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

A GIANT BLUE BEAM appears from nowhere and, DBZ style, ENGULFS him. The camera turns to reveal the origin of that blue beam:

... it's a GENO BEAM! GENO IS PLAYABLE! He's the REAL next Fighter Pass fighter! The Blue Gangsta himself blew the villain away (watcha gonna dooooooo you ain't no friend of miiiiiiiiiine, look what you put me throuuuuuuuuuuuugh now that I'm the Blue Gangsta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRP2T6z_Xx8 ) resulting in "Kongs in the window cheering" shot. Then segueing into the gameplay segment with Geno, also showing Waluigi and Ghirahim in Geno's gameplay albeit it's focused on Geno and his moves and Final Smash. The end.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Posted in the wrong thread originally lol

I’m pretty sure Naz has said before that he really doesn’t know Smash stuff. He may have said that in the Isaac thread but yeah he’s just speculating.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Someone with a brain, thank god!

I can't believe I made a mega post recently putting out all i know and such… and yet people decide to obviate segments of what a person says, as usual. What is this, gamefaqs? lol, this is why i wrote at the end of that mega post that people wouldn't read it, I freaking called it, and it's even more amazing when you realize people didn't get past reading the first freaking paragraph where I clarify that I don't get smash info anymore (unless a miracle happened to NoA source, which I do not expect to happen, they didn't even know for sure who the Arms character was when it was about to be revealed. Back in 2019 they would have totally known who it was, just like they did with Banjo) …
Man people need to stop being lazy and read, lol.
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 7.06.39 PM.png

Oh also, yeah literally a post before my gun sakurai picture:
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 7.09.40 PM.png

It's literally common sense to expect FP7 to be shown in the next direct, hoping that the 28th is real just like yesterday was a real date for an announcement… We know amiibos are coming in Fall, so FP7 should be releasing in Fall too. So obviously fp7 should be shown next presentation, unless something weird happened to sakurai's team, lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Naz got back with me and just to summarize:

-He doesn't get Smash info anymore and doesn't really have an interest in it after what happened to the NoA ambassador.

-Wanted to point out that General Directs almost always follow Indie Directs about a week later. Pretty simple logic: insiders were right about the Indie, likely are about the General too.

-7's pretty much guaranteed to be a Fall release at this point because Directs always have Smash announcements.

So, no, he doesn't know anything but people can be optimistic that Smash news is coming soon for obvious reasons. Overall, pretty basic.

(Edit: Aaaaaand there's Naz)

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Could you imagine the absolute BUTTHURT if a direct, even a mini, doesn't get announced by the end of this week, weekend, or even Monday?

My body is not ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom