• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Normally I don't care to watch Indie Directs live but there has been such a dry spell I'm really excited for this one just to see anything. But it stinks that the time is so inconvenient. I've grown accustomed to any directs happening early in the morning at or before 10:00 a.m. or they happen in the evening. But today having it happen at noon puts it smack dab between all the other things I have going on, which is super annoying. Sometimes, days like today make me wish I could just not be a parent or an adult for one day. I would love to just be spending the next few hours speculating with everybody, watching it live, and then speculating some more. C'est la vie. At least I'll get to watch a recap 😔

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A listing for a Collectior’s Edition for Zelda BotW2 has just been found on the website WT&T, a site most notable for accidentally leaking the Witcher 3 port for Switch.
Could a new trailer be finally imminent?
What's this? Breath of the Wild 2 was probably originally planned as a 2020 release and this was likely going to be announced at E3 before Covid-19 messed everything up?

hqdefault (1).jpg

There once was a man that was fat,
At the wall he then pointed at.
Incredible, he said
As he walked on ahead
Oh so proud for showing us that.

-Author unknown, 1865.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A listing for a Collectior’s Edition for Zelda BotW2 has just been found on the website WT&T, a site most notable for accidentally leaking the Witcher 3 port for Switch.
Could a new trailer be finally imminent?
Ah ****, here we go again.... If we finally get more info on BOTW 2 after all this time I'm gonna be ecstatic.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
What's this? Breath of the Wild 2 was probably originally planned as a 2020 release and this was likely going to be announced at E3 before Covid-19 messed everything up?

View attachment 282625

Incredible, he said
As he walked on ahead

-Author unknown, 1865.
I mean, if it's using the BOTW assets and engine it would make sense it could only be developed in a year and a half to two years. I'm sure there's a lot of things that were on the cutting room floor that they could bring back too. If I recall correctly, Majora had a pretty short development cycle and it reused a lot of things. It's really not that unbelievable that the game would have had a blowout sometime during this year with the plans pre-quarantine.

Also calling it BOTW2 is totally something they would do. The game was one of the fastest selling, best selling, and most popular Zelda games on an international scale. Typically Zelda games don't sell millions in both Japan and the West and they definitely don't get insane word of mouth hype or attention in the mainstream media, but this game did both. I could 100% see it having the same BOTW title with a big fat 2 and a little subtitle. Very easy way to identify to people outside the cult of Nintendo that it is a direct follow-up to the first. I mean, my wife thinks every Zelda game is just called Zelda and gets confused when I refer to them by their subtitles or remind her the one on her DS is actually different from the one on our Wii. I also have coworkers who bought BOTW for their kids and then started playing it themselves, remarking it is the first Zelda game they've touched since the NES. That is the market Nintendo is going to try to corner, as already demonstrated by Animal Crossing and their push to make the Switch into another Wii. I think strongly pushing the BOTW title a second time will solidify to people like my wife and those coworkers that they're going to get the same experience the second time around which would give the game a very good shot at good sales and PR. There's now a massive group of people out there who think that this is Zelda, so Nintendo needs to make sure that they identify that to them. If they just make another Skyward Sword or Link Between Worlds it's going to confuse the hell out of that audience.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm spending the time by playing Ring Fit Adventure.

I finally got a copy and its a workout, lemme tell you.

Btw, if Geno were to be included, would his victory theme be the little jingle when you win a battle or the jingle plus the theme afterwards?
I'm hoping it's a loop like Cloud's. I appreciate small details like that.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, how many of you guys bought the pass. I only bought min min this time.
I bought it, but I waited for them to reveal the first character. I was very hesitant to buy it without knowing that it was worth my purchase, even though I knew I would buy it eventually anyway. I think I was waiting to see if the first character was worth playing as or waiting. I'm not a Persona fan, so buying the pass right away and then being stuck with just Joker for months really bugged me because I don't find him enjoyable to play as and I don't get any of the references. I think I also waited till I had 30 bucks to blow, because being a grown up sometimes means you can buy games whenever you want but it also means needing to justify those purchases. I spent hundreds of dollars on my Wii and Wii U each when I was in my twenties, but now that I'm in my thirties I mostly just buy cheap indie titles that I play for a weekend and then never pick up a game. I don't think I own very many actual first party Switch games. It's getting harder for me to justify spending money on stuff for myself. I skipped Pokemon this gen which I do not regret because the game looks like garbagre but I'm still shocked I was able to do it.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Jiggs didn't clap in the first game. Pretty sure she just swayed back and forth quizzically.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mean, if it's using the BOTW assets and engine it would make sense it could only be developed in a year and a half to two years. I'm sure there's a lot of things that were on the cutting room floor that they could bring back too. If I recall correctly, Majora had a pretty short development cycle and it reused a lot of things. It's really not that unbelievable that the game would have had a blowout sometime during this year with the plans pre-quarantine.

Also calling it BOTW2 is totally something they would do. The game was one of the fastest selling, best selling, and most popular Zelda games on an international scale. Typically Zelda games don't sell millions in both Japan and the West and they definitely don't get insane word of mouth hype or attention in the mainstream media, but this game did both. I could 100% see it having the same BOTW title with a big fat 2 and a little subtitle. Very easy way to identify to people outside the cult of Nintendo that it is a direct follow-up to the first. I mean, my wife thinks every Zelda game is just called Zelda and gets confused when I refer to them by their subtitles or remind her the one on her DS is actually different from the one on our Wii. I also have coworkers who bought BOTW for their kids and then started playing it themselves, remarking it is the first Zelda game they've touched since the NES. That is the market Nintendo is going to try to corner, as already demonstrated by Animal Crossing and their push to make the Switch into another Wii. I think strongly pushing the BOTW title a second time will solidify to people like my wife and those coworkers that they're going to get the same experience the second time around which would give the game a very good shot at good sales and PR. There's now a massive group of people out there who think that this is Zelda, so Nintendo needs to make sure that they identify that to them. If they just make another Skyward Sword or Link Between Worlds it's going to confuse the hell out of that audience.
Yes, this is true but I've been hearing since LAST OCTOBER that Nintendo was going to make an honest push to have BotW2 be 2020 and I even openly talked about this as far back as last December but, oh no, Fatman lied again, just like how I apparently lied last December that Prime 4's development was super rocky and so chaotic that it would probably miss E3 2020.

22 months of this garbage and now things are coming true or being publicly verified one after the other so let's just say I'm a little hot under the collar right now.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Anyways, how many of you guys bought the pass. I only bought min min this time.
I bought it the second it went up. Smash is my favorite series, I would buy literally anything they released as DLC for it. Icons for online that I'll never use because I like the main colorful Smash logo? Sold. I understand not wanting to front the money for a product you know nothing about, and I get that, but for me personally, my partner and I have pretty decent jobs and I don't buy much else, so I don't hold myself back from things I like.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No. Because he has ammunition in his hands. If he claps, he explodes.
I think I saw something like that in a doctor's show once.
Wut?

I mean, my wife thinks every Zelda game is just called Zelda and gets confused when I refer to them by their subtitles or remind her the one on her DS is actually different from the one on our Wii.
Oh boy wait until she hears about Zelda II! Actually, wouldn't that just make the problem worse? Now there are 2 Zelda 2s instead of them just learning the subtitles...Or just recognizing that a game that isn't in 3D and a game that is aren't the same game...

You could have the best of both worlds though: The Legend of Zelda 2: [SUBTITLE], or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 [EXTRA SUBTITLE]. They could probably even use something like "The Second Chapter" instead of just a 2 if they felt it would sound better.

Jiggs didn't clap in the first game. Pretty sure she just swayed back and forth quizzically.
I don't think this distinction was ever removed.

Wait a minute, what? How'd I end up in the Geno thread? I don't remember clicking on any links to it...Oh well, I've already typed this post, might as well post it.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm still waiting to see how the rest of the pass will go. If we get a really great character for Fighter 7 (Geno, Crash, Dante level), I'll get it right then and there because my confidence in the rest will be greatly bolstered, but not a moment before.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Yes, this is true but I've been hearing since LAST OCTOBER that Nintendo was going to make an honest push to have BotW2 be 2020 and I even openly talked about this as far back as last December but, oh no, Fatman lied again, just like how I apparently lied last December that Prime 4's development was super rocky and so chaotic that it would probably miss E3 2020.

22 months of this garbage and now things are coming true or being publicly verified one after the other so let's just say I'm a little hot under the collar right now.
Zell too stated he heard a long time ago that it's planned for 2020. Seems likely.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

View attachment 282625

Incredible, he said
As he walked on ahead

-Author unknown, 1865.
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the game to always be planned for 2021? Y’know, for Zelda’s 35th anniversary?

Edit: I mean I think it could’ve gotten pushed from early 2021 to later in the year but I’m 100% sure BotW2 was always planned for Zelda’s 35th.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wouldn’t it make more sense for the game to always be planned for 2021? Y’know, for Zelda’s 35th anniversary?

Edit: I mean I think it could’ve gotten pushed from early 2021 to later in the year but I’m 100% sure BotW2 was always planned for Zelda’s 35th.
Much like Halo Infinite, it's entirely possible the game was planned for 2020.

a random user

Smash Journeyman

more than the assets, they are reuseing the entire overworld map, granted some things on it will change
edit: source https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...he-wilds-director-is-returning-for-the-sequel

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Much like Halo Infinite, it's entirely possible the game was planned for 2020.
Like I said I think a delay is definitely a thing that happened but I’m certain Nintendo’s flagship Zelda game was planned for Zelda’s Anniversary.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I mean, Sonic's 30th Anniversary was announced in January 2020 along with Tales 25th despite Tales 25th not being until December and Sonic not until 2021so who honestly knows?.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Breath of the Wild 2 being the 2020 holiday game originally is frustrating for me since I do think there's decent evidence for it but also against it. I genuinely think it would have been (internally, if it was planned for 2020) delayed regardless of everything that has gone down this year.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So this is three-time in advance that they used the "covid19 might change the schedule" messages. Can we all just step back and finally accept that COVID19 has ****ed up their entire schedule and stop act like Nintendo has next to nothing upcoming.
Or it's just a generic PR message, these aren't even Nintendo's games being shown here.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, it is an Indie Direct. So, smaller companies will showcase instead of well known ones like Yacht Club and Team Cherry. Let's see if a actual news direct is coming next week. Though, don't hold your breath if things are not falling in place.

Firox

Smash Master
So I just finished watching the Indie Direct.......

...why am I not surprised that Untitled Goose game was the high point?

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
If there are indie/Nintendo collabs planned, it's possible they're being saved for the rumored general direct on the horizon
It's your IP, why would you put it with the rest of the scrappy games?
It just wouldn't be fair to them

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
download (4).jpeg

(Of course I can't catch a break.)

At least there's decent evidence that the big Direct isn't too far off and for all I know they could have crammed the Nintendo/Indie collabs in there. Nintendo really is going to make me hold onto this stuff for over a year... Not surprising but damn am I tired.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Or it's just a generic PR message, these aren't even Nintendo's games being shown here.
Sure, it could be that... But just the indication that points towards Breath of The Wild 2 was supposed to be a 2020 tittle yet we have heard jack **** about it this year.... I go with it not being a generic PR message... Would the world not having this worldwide pandemic, then that would have been a different thing. Speaking of "no games".... If there is any platform that there are new games (although no first parties) be it ports of previous games or a **** ton of indies, its Nintendo Switch... Saying that there is nothing to "new" on it to play is just bogus.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 282627

(Of course I can't catch a break.)

At least there's decent evidence that the big Direct isn't too far off and for all I know they could have crammed the Nintendo/Indie collabs in there. Nintendo really is going to make me hold onto this stuff for over a year... Not surprising but damn am I tired.
At least it looks like the wait is coming to an end, there's that much at least

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Wait, anymore evidence for the General Direct or is it the same as before?
Nindies usually are before nintendo direct. We could wait two weeks people, so don't freak of we don't get nothing in august.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here's hoping this ages well

And here's hoping it also goes viral so people look back on it and think I'm a prophet

Replace Dante with Travis Touchdown and Lloyd with Sora. THEN we'd really be cooking! :)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, Sonic's 30th Anniversary was announced in January 2020 along with Tales 25th despite Tales 25th not being until December and Sonic not until 2021so who honestly knows?.
Maybe just a slight difference in info? I had always heard it was releasing on Zelda’s 35th. I mean I guess if Nintendo planned to extend Zelda’s 35th into late 2020 it could make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom