• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Nintendo's method of springing a surprise birthday party for a friend is jumping out at the time Nintendo thinks will maximize the surprise but its already 2AM, the guests are gone, its not even that person's house and their birthday was 4 months ago.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Reading the surrounding context of his post, he might be. He seems pretty pissed that several Nintendo news sites (particularly Nintendo Soup) reported on his earlier statements about a August Direct and I think this is his way of telling people to **** off and stop badgering him for info.

Yeah, I went looking for context and he basically just seems really furstrated at Nintendo Soup and more like he's daring them to post that as actual fact. I think we're still good
1595906514631.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thank god we're still on for August. I don't think I can muster another month's worth of patience

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My birthday is August 4th. If we do indeed get a direct on the 3rd and Geno is revealed, of course I'll be happy, but a little part of me would be like "Really Nintendo? You couldn't wait one more day?"

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
And if this year wasn't **** now look what King Zell has to say: View attachment 280343
The "next stop" before the big Direct is a Partner Showcase in late August
Despite how horrible Nintendo has been when it has come to communicating this year, I’m still willing to give them the benefit of doubt and believe they will have something to show in August considering we know nothing about their lineup.
With that said, if this does end up winding true then I will have no sympathy for them if something major leaks.

Edit: Seems Zell was likely joking, but either way I still believe August will be the month

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Lord y'all, context is everything! I had a hunch Zell was joking especially since he usually never has a hint of cursing in his posts. This one is absolutely a "pissed" post.

EDIT: Sigran101 Sigran101 August Birthday buddies!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think everyone is just burned out for one reason or another at this point. Insiders are burned out on being badgered and juked, Nintendo fans are burned out on being burned, everyone's just kind of being ****ty in general because everything in general is ****ty right now, etc.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Lord y'all, context is everything! I had a hunch Zell was joking especially since he usually never has a hint of cursing in his posts. This one is absolutely a "pissed" post.

EDIT: Sigran101 Sigran101 August Birthday buddies!
August birthday checking in. August is the month, gang. Cmon Nintendo, make it happen!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Whether it's joking or not the point is that
  • A.We are almost certainly getting another partner showcase in August (maaaaybe Indie World?)
  • B.September Direct seems like the thing now? People don't want to talk much after what happened last week but what people seem to be implying is that that's what they're hearing right now. Lines up with amiibo theory, 7 is probably getting shadowdropped, god damn it.
  • C. Obviously, problem here, there's clearly no game out in August, they almost certainly have something out in September, and they aren't going to go an entire goddamn MONTH AND A HALF ATLEAST with literally zero new games on the Horizon. Even Nintendo isn't that crazy. Expect another Shadowdrop like Paper Mario I suppose, maybe even multiple, and sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think everyone is just burned out for one reason or another at this point. Insiders are burned out on being badgered and juked, Nintendo fans are burned out on being burned, everyone's just kind of being ****ty in general because everything in general is ****ty right now, etc.
Honestly? I have no sympathy for Nintendo should this 'big news' that everyone on earth EXCEPT Nintendo claims to have gets leaked out. At least SOMEONE would be saying something. Nintendo has been so wishy washy this year that its reaching levels of parody.

I can't think of a single thing that 2020 has not poisoned with awfulness to some degree.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Honestly? I have no sympathy for Nintendo should this 'big news' that everyone on earth EXCEPT Nintendo claims to have gets leaked out. At least SOMEONE would be saying something. Nintendo has been so wishy washy this year that its reaching levels of parody.

I can't think of a single thing that 2020 has not poisoned with awfulness to some degree.
Makes you wonder how much of this frustration would have happened even if the pandemic didn't happen.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Makes you wonder how much of this frustration would have happened even if the pandemic didn't happen.
The fact that this Nintendo drought started before the virus (they had nothing for the VGAs and Byleth's reveal was a text book example of how not to sell a character), it makes you think that the virus didn't delay Nintendo much because they had nothing TO delay.

So many businesses have adapted to this situation, some coming out with even better efficiency than before. Meanwhile, Nintendo continually falls flat on their face again and again as if they hear a laugh track playing in the background. Whoever is in charge of their marketing department needs an upper management review quickly.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I feel like all this waiting is gonna pay off somehow. It sucks now, but Nintendo is probably gonna end up surprising us with something really cool and we'll all feel hype again. Although Nintendo can definitely screw up, they also give us a lot of what we want out of gaming, so even though I'm pretty pissed about the lack of any communication, I still got faith they'll somehow pull through in the end. This year has already sucked the fun out of everything, the least we can do is try to be optimistic. I'm hoping everyone is doing okay. I returned to this forum recently, at least this ****ing pandemic didn't it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Now I know how One Piece fans feel during back to back breaks
Nah man, at worse we One Piece fans wait another week at most. Output of chapters during the virus has been fairly consistent actually. The longest hiatus we had was one month to transition from the pre-timeskip to post-timeskip section of the manga

The wait for this Nintendo stuff is more akin to Hunter X Hunter hiatuses

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, I just got back from work and I just saw the good wishes from people and a PM from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice .

Thank you all for your congratulations on my birthday, I really appreciate it. I had a good day at work overall so I am in a good mood.

While we didn't get any announcements, I am in good faith that we may hear something either next Monday (August or whenever in that month when maintenance takes place) or in September if what it's been said about Third Party companies bringing up their projects to Nintendo is happening.

Either way, just stay put and wait. Maybe we'll hear something before, maybe not but what knows.

(Hopefully there are leaks of Super Mario RPG beta content in the meantime~)

:bowser::starman:.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually, I was thinkin'...What if the Square fighter is actually the new DQ character? It's scheduled to be revealed soon right? What if Square wanted some free publicity early on?

GOD I FEEL DIRTY SAYING THAT! SOMEONE TELL ME IT WON'T BE TRUE! X.X
I definitely don't believe Square-Enix will double dip on Dragon Quest in Smash even if Sakurai and Nintendo asked for it.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I was thinkin'...What if the Square fighter is actually the new DQ character? It's scheduled to be revealed soon right? What if Square wanted some free publicity early on?

GOD I FEEL DIRTY SAYING THAT! SOMEONE TELL ME IT WON'T BE TRUE! X.X
I really don’t see any reason why they would want to go for a second DQ rep. I mean, what’s the point?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I know I said that the wait for August 3rd wouldn't be that bad (albeit as the set up to a Spongebob reference)... but there are times, at least for me, when waiting for a Smash reveal really does feel like an eternity, even when there's a supposed date and it's not too long.

If Geno really is Fighter 7, it sucks that it's taking this long just to reveal him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's revealed through a standalone "Mr. Sakurai Presents" presentation, because not only would that allow Geno to be revealed separately from a supposed Direct that's constantly getting delayed, but also because by this point, I think all the required work and balancing for him is completely done and they could more or less just shadow-drop him at this point.

Geno being fully playable in Smash feels so close to becoming reality, I can almost taste it...
5ade27f6173646da3221bcac799bfce3.jpg

Boy, Smash speculation sure makes me hungry...

D

Deleted member

I personally think we’re probably not going to get another FF rep. If we do, my bets would be Sephiroth. Nintendo couldn’t even get an original piece of artwork of any character including Cloud himself like from FF Dissadia. Not to mention only 2 tracks from FF7. Why not have at least 2 tracks from several other FF games like the NES and SNES ones? I think the rights maybe too complicated for getting spirits and a decent amount of tracks for a challenger pack. It just seems odd to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We don't need Directs for Smash reveals, they could just shadowdrop a Sakurai Presents presentation. Announce it a day prior and release the fighter about a week later.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
We don't need Directs for Smash reveals, they could just shadowdrop a Sakurai Presents presentation. Announce it a day prior and release the fighter about a week later.
And the next character release is currently pointing towards...September because of the new amiibo. We're waiting another month no matter what.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Do you think Geno is only coming with Smithy and Mallow costumes, since we haven't really heard about anything else? I wouldn't complain about those two, of course, but there's so much more that they could pull from SMRPG that'd be perfect for that.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Do you think Geno is only coming with Smithy and Mallow costumes, since we haven't really heard about anything else? I wouldn't complain about those two, of course, but there's so much more that they could pull from SMRPG that'd be perfect for that.
Considering how the mii costumes have been rationed? Yes
Think about how there´s only one FF costume.
Square´s a bit of a F´"#"#head with music, why would they be acting any different?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
We'll figure that out in due time. Let's just focus on getting Geno INTO Smash first, shall we?

Griselda

Smash Lord
Which is why, as long as there's a chance he's not, we must not assume victory. ;)
geno satsuki.png

To be honest, I have nothing to lose in keeping my mindset regarding Geno optimistic, rather than purely neutral. It certainly won't kill me if I'm wrong. At this point I have thoroughly shifted my opinion from 'he might be in' to 'he is probably in', and I don't feel bad about it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the King Zell thing yesterday shows that you shouldn't get all your information from one person. I've mentioned it before but I have four insider contacts and my own network to fact check and cross reference but I don't want people to believe me on things simply because I say them. That's why I do theorycrafting because information is rarely a bubble floating around in space or so esoteric that only certain people can understand it. In my opinion, one of the goals of science should be to make it more accessible, not less and why I'm pretty open to questions and why I often break down my thought process. That said, Zell's the only person right now that's saying a September Direct and I'm 95% sure he's joking/venting. If more people come to back him up in the coming days then I'll start to be like "well, ****..."

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think the King Zell thing yesterday shows that you shouldn't get all your information from one person. I've mentioned it before but I have four insider contacts and my own network to fact check and cross reference but I don't want people to believe me on things simply because I say them. That's why I do theorycrafting because information is rarely a bubble floating around in space or so esoteric that only certain people can understand it. In my opinion, one of the goals of science should be to make it more accessible, not less and why I'm pretty open to questions and why I often break down my thought process. That said, Zell's the only person right now that's saying a September Direct and I'm 95% sure he's joking/venting. If more people come to back him up in the coming days then I'll start to be like "well, ****..."
A lot of things right now are pointing to an August Direct mini at bare minimum, and I don't think it's going to be just another partner showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom