• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I tried PMing you but it wouldn't go through, so I wanted to ask you a quick question here (and I don't mean for this to sidetrack the Geno thread at all.) In all of your time following leaks and hearing about different things, have you ever gotten wind of a possible EarthBound/Mother DLC character? Or is that something nobody has really discussed? Just curious, because that series has had some big anniversaries in recent times, but I don't believe Nintendo would do anything Smash-wise for it in terms of DLC.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Looks like Polar has something else to add to the List™. Interesting stuff. Now... The big question is what exactly is happening on the 3rd? Is it the Direct or is it another Mini? The good news is that if it's another Mini one of the focused on companies will be Square thanks to a ton of indicators at this point but would they really do a Smash reveal in a Mini? That's the big question.

Add in: I know some of you are super skeptical about Hotgirl but this is a pretty notable observation on her part:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1287851493547180037
It seems to be an indication Nintendo's got at the very least a mini direct planned, and if I had to guess, one as long as the one we got back in March

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Looks like Polar has something else to add to the List™. Interesting stuff. Now... The big question is what exactly is happening on the 3rd? Is it the Direct or is it another Mini? The good news is that if it's another Mini one of the focused on companies will be Square thanks to a ton of indicators at this point but would they really do a Smash reveal in a Mini? That's the big question.

Add in: I know some of you are super skeptical about Hotgirl but this is a pretty notable observation on her part:

It's not as if Square doesn't have something to reveal, hell Kelios even said Bravely Default 2's release date was supposed to be revealed on the 20th apparently. I still stand by the idea we aren't getting any kind of general direct, mini or otherwise anytime soon, and if we do get anything next week it's another Partner Showcase.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Looks like Polar has something else to add to the List™. Interesting stuff.
Who what where when why how? I only got lucky and saw this cuz pinshadow pinshadow quoted you, ya nerd.

The Square spirit events currently are the only ones that haven't been added to the game, so there's very little doubt they'll be out sometime soon in August
Wait what now? Someone give me a TL;DR because I have a massive headache and lazy.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Who what where when why how? I only got lucky and saw this cuz pinshadow pinshadow quoted you, ya nerd.

Wait what now? Someone give me a TL;DR because I have a massive headache and lazy.
Ah! Thank you. Decided to look to the past and I noticed something that happened last month that could be repeating now:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2802#post-23968793

On June 9th, Cuphead and Warframe spirits were permanently added to the game with no new spirit event in sight. Approximately two weeks later, we got Min Min's presentation. Last week apparently, we got the Ring Fit and New Horizons spirits permanently added to the game. To raise FURTHER intrigue, the next pairing of spirit events to be added permanently into the game assumingly in August is, you guessed it, the Trials of Mana and the Octopath Traveler spirits! So, quick recap:

-We got LTO spirits added into the game permanently on July 21st with no new spirit event. The last time this happened back in June, we got a Smash reveal approximately two weeks later. June 9tb to June 22nd. Applying these exact parameters to the current situation, we wind up with July 21st to August 3rd.

-Coincidentally, the next spirits due to be added permanently into the game are both from Square Enix games.
You might be on to something here Fatman. The spirit permanence thing should be a factor to be looked into alongside amiibo release dates.

The Resident Evil spirits were added on February 25th and Daemon X Machina on January 29th
So... The Resident Evil spirits were the week after the Animal Crossing presentation and the Daemon X Machina were the day after Byleth was added.

Going through things but what I've noticed so far:

-Super Mario Party spirits were permanently added with Plant.

-Peachette and the Nintendo Labo stuff was added with Hero.

-Link's Awakening Link and the Superb Owl were added a week after Banjo was added.
Here you are

Powerman293

Smash Ace
A week goes by and nothing changes. And something on August 3rd because Dragon Quest? Lmao. Knowing Nintendo by now, they have no obligation to show anything.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Really, a lot of people are waiting for the next news dump. Though, the ongoing pandemic isn't making things easy.
Screenshot_20200727-132656_YouTube.jpg

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Here you are
Thanks, though I don't quite get why this should be added to The List™ since even Hero came with non-SE spirits anyway. If you wanna add it to the "when's the next direct gonna be to reveal Geno" thing, by all means, but I'm confused how exactly it's evidence for Geno. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
In other news, after being told the New Horizons Spirits are back, I finally got every Spirit in this game, for now.

Hopefully we're in for more SMRPG Spirits soon. ;)
IMG_20200727_175506.jpg

Monokarhu

Smash Cadet
One thing I've been thinking about is that if Nintendo truly isn't going to show anything until around September, surely they would've already thrown us a Twitter reveal bone, right? We basically know that they cut a larger Direct into small chunks, so I can't imagine it would've been all that hard to take one game and reveal it in a Twitter Direct to appease the rowdy peasants.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A week goes by and nothing changes. And something on August 3rd because Dragon Quest? Lmao. Knowing Nintendo by now, they have no obligation to show anything.
It's not just Dragon Quest:

-The spirit stuff I pointed out earlier.

-The "new" on Min Min was taken down two weeks ago on the Smash website.

-Smash YouTube playlist was updated last weekend.

-Nintendo is heavily updating their YouTube playlists.

-Major online maintenance is happening on the 3rd.

-Nintendo's launching the Mario 35th anniversary product line on August 1st.

-The first online Nintendo tournament since "E3" that offers real prizes is happening the week of the 3rd.

-The continued insistence that not only something is happening soon but in August.

-The fact that there's a big third party game sale this week that lasts until the night of August 2nd.

There's enough to indicate something is "supposed to" happen on or near the 3rd.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's not just Dragon Quest:

-The spirit stuff I pointed out earlier.

-The "new" on Min Min was taken down two weeks ago on the Smash website.

-Smash YouTube playlist was updated last weekend.

-Nintendo is heavily updating their YouTube playlists.

-Major online maintenance is happening on the 3rd.

-Nintendo's launching the Mario 35th anniversary product line on August 1st.

-The first online Nintendo tournament since "E3" that offers real prizes is happening the week of the 3rd.

-The continued insistence that not only something is happening soon but in August.

-The fact that there's a big third party game sale this week that lasts until the night of August 2nd.

There's enough to indicate something is "supposed to" happen on or near the 3rd.
Next week will be an interesting one for speculation

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I feel that Geno's situation right now is almost like when little Timmy finds out what "Santa Claus" is going to bring him for Christmas way too early (like freakin' July). Timmy knows (or has a good idea) what his present's going to be, but the fact that Christmas is still so far away is driving him NUTS.

Also, just found out that Persona 5 Scramble has been officially confirmed for Western release by Koei Tecmo, and it would seem that a release date may be on the way.
https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-5-scramble-officially-confirmed-for-western-release

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thanks, though I don't quite get why this should be added to The List™ since even Hero came with non-SE spirits anyway. If you wanna add it to the "when's the next direct gonna be to reveal Geno" thing, by all means, but I'm confused how exactly it's evidence for Geno. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
Because the next LTO spirits that are lined up to be added permanently into the game are the Trials of Mana and the Octopath Traveler spirits, both Square Enix games, heavily implying it's not only happening in August but that there's potentially a Square character reveal coming in August too.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Also, just found out that Persona 5 Scramble has been officially confirmed for Western release by Koei Tecmo, and it would seem that a release date may be on the way.
https://www.ign.com/articles/persona-5-scramble-officially-confirmed-for-western-release
Gee, I wonder how we're gonna find out the release date? There is one possibility I can think of, but I can't seem to remember what it is. It's on the tip of my tongue though, it starts with a D and rhymes with "correct"...

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Dude, people have unironically reported me to mods for misspelling character names and using puns. People have openly complained about the number of likes on my posts as if it actually matters. 20... Months of this.
Contempt oozes out of their posts, you can spot them a mile away

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Because the next LTO spirits that are lined up to be added permanently into the game are the Trials of Mana and the Octopath Traveler spirits, both Square Enix games, heavily implying it's not only happening in August but that there's potentially a Square character reveal coming in August too.
I took this pic just 10 minutes ago, and this is one of the Bravely Default sports!

Attachments

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Gee, I wonder how we're gonna find out the release date? There is one possibility I can think of, but I can't seem to remember what it is. It's on the tip of my tongue though, it starts with a D and rhymes with "correct"...
I’ve GOT it, dissect! We’re dissecting frogs today!

...Wait I haven’t been in Biology class in over 10 years... OH NO IT’S THE HIGH SCHOOL NIGHTMARE AGAIN

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The thing I find interesting is that the "new" tag from the website was removed honestly not that long after Min Min was released. This tag was removed at a time where I still considered her new to the game, so the fact that the new tag was removed already is quite interesting to say the least

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I took this pic just 10 minutes ago, and this is one of the Bravely Default sports!
They're in the game now but they're significantly harder to find to the point that it's almost like a shiny Pokemon.
Just two things:

1. That’s Octopath Traveler and not Bravely Default.

2. The reason the Spirit is showing up for Xehanort is because, as shown by the green checkmark, he already got the Spirit while the event was happening. For anyone who missed them during the event, they’re going to have to wait for the announcement of them coming back for everybody to obtain. Not entirely sure if what Fatman’s saying is right about them still being able to be got but being very rare.

Edit: Ninja’d

Last edited:

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure they show up on the Spirit Board and in Shops if you already have them, if you missed the event you have to wait until they are added.
Didn't know that as well! guess I didn't pay attention.

Just two things:

2. The reason the Spirit is showing up for Xehanort is because, as shown by the green checkmark, he already got the Spirit while the event was happening. For anyone who missed them during the event, they’re going to have to wait for the announcement of them coming back for everybody to obtain. Not entirely sure if what Fatman’s saying is right about them still being able to be got but being very rare.
Right! It's Ocotopath Traveler! Not BD! Don't know Why I said that?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Didn't know that as well! guess I didn't pay attention.
This is the case. I haven’t ever heard of them showing up if you don’t have them outside of the window. I used close to 200 shuffle / all primaries to try to get the Cuphead ones outside of the event and didn’t get anything. (Until they added them in permanent rotation later.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You mean Octopath Traveler, and I'm assuming you got it when the event was ongoing. Once you have a spirit in your inventory, if they have a spirit battle, they'll show up on the spirit board. I had Kunio's spirit show up on the spirit board the day after that event was done, long before they were permanently brought back into rotation.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's because apparently Mewtwo was a monstrous pain in the ass to get into Smash 4. TPC was only for it if Mewtwo was free, Nintendo didn't like that and apparently they butted heads about it until they reached a compromise that irked both parties. When it comes to Smash,TPC is reluctant to showcase their "old" stuff which is why certain Pokeball Pokemon and even playable Pokemon have gotten the axe so heavily in the past. Pichu was "old news" by the time Brawl rolled around so they didn't fight for him to return, for example.
Hearing this along with hearing about what a pain in the *** it was to get Cloud into the game let alone base doesn't make me feel too optimistic to see everyone return in the next Smash.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

I've (okay there's no good way to say this without sounding funny) been rather fascinated with the calls Hotgirl has been making.
Plus her name is kinda epic for someone who's giving us Nintendo info.
Hat's off to her! It's much appreciated :)

Also that a recent tweet from her was "Stop asking me to give you the names of people who work at Nintendo. No." and the first comment was about "my uncle who works there" reignited my faith in humanity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just two things:

Edit: Ninja’d
I think it's right because I've had this argument a lot with people in the past.

"The Butt**** McFinnigan spirit was an LTO back in March."

"Then how come I got him earlier today?"

I've heard a lot of anecdotes of people finding the LTOs after their respective events so I take people's word for it but I assume that they're really, really rare.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I really hope Geno gets in next, or the one after next, considering the very limited slots and Sakurai doubling down on 'this is it'. The bloodiest war ever witnessed by the Smash fanbase is coming, and I want to grab my boy and get well out of range before it starts.
Thank God I got K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie in this game. I hope you guys get Geno as well. You guys deserve him for how long and hard y'all been fighting for him especially Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . And yeah, the bloodiest war in the history of the Smash community is coming even worse than post Brawl and post Smash 4 and hope at least Geno makes it in before this war begins.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I think it's right because I've had this argument a lot with people in the past.

"The Butt**** McFinnigan spirit was an LTO back in March."

"Then how come I got him earlier today?"

I've heard a lot of anecdotes of people finding the LTOs after their respective events so I take people's word for it but I assume that they're really, really rare.
As far as I was aware, LTO spirits tend to return about two or three updates to the game down the line; The most recent 1-2 events always seem to be left out until another update comes along before they're simple added to the pool outright, so eventually, the ones that were event-specific will become available for recapture again later. The issue is that the wait tends to be incredibly long, and I only really became familiar with this because I missed the RE4* event, as well as the Sword/Shield event, and the lack of a completed inventory was driving me batty, causing me to pay close attention to every version update after the fact to make sure I could track them down.

*As far as I know, it was the RE4 event, but it is possible i'm remembering something else. That said, my point is still that I missed two events only to recapture those missed spirits further down the line, so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom