• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I've gotten so bored waiting for Nintendo news that I actually started going back to reading about YanSim drama

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing that pisses me off the most about all this is that a lot of these announcements that Nintendo is supposedly holding onto would easily make someone's YEAR. A lot of this **** is stuff people have been waiting goofy long amounts of time for and the fact Nintendo can't just drop one to appease people is absolutely maddening. I'm looking like this probably 7 out of my 8 work hours any given day; I could definitely use a pick me up:

IMG_20200727_133113936.jpg

MattX20

Smash Hero
The thing that pisses me off the most about all this is that a lot of these announcements that Nintendo is supposedly holding onto would easily make someone's YEAR. A lot of this **** is stuff people have been waiting goofy long amounts of time for and the fact Nintendo can't just drop one to appease people is absolutely maddening. I'm looking like this probably 7 out of my 8 work hours any given day; I could definitely use a pick me up:

I'm pretty certain their investors are going to give them hell over it if they don't have any major announcements soon

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

That's the thing that really makes no sense with all this - why hold the cards so close to your chest still? You're almost to month 8 out 12 and there really isn't much time to show off what you're going to show off for the rest of the year.

Also nice lenses - blue is a good color.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
inb4 Reggie gets on the phone with Doug Bowser

Reggie: "Hey Doug, how's it going?"
Doug: "Reggie hello! How have you been?"
Reggie: "Ah you know, kicking back, teaching the next generation, and spending some more time with the family."
Doug: "Sounds great!"
Reggie: "Say Doug, I know that right now it's not much of my business but, how are things going with Nintendo?"
Doug: "Well, about that, uh..."
Reggie: "I see. Say no more my friend. Let me get Geoff Keighley on the phone. I'm going to e-mail you a plan. Once you receive it contact HQ and see if they'd be down with the idea."
Dough: "Wow, thanks Reggie! Heh, you may have retired but you can still sure run the business."
Reggie: "What can I say. My body is always ready.":2gud:

Later that day

Geoff: "Hello?"
Reggie: "Keighley it's me, the Reggienator."
Geoff: "Whoa Reggie, what a surprise! Good to hear you! To what do I owe the honor?"
Reggie: "Heehee. Listen, I spoke to Doug earlier today about a plan having to do with Nintendo. I was thinking maybe you could help us out?"
Geoff: "Well, I'd be all for it. Tell me what you need."
Reggie: "As you may have been aware, frankly speaking, Nintendo's been having some hiccups with game news. Sure they've been uploading some trailers now and then but, you saw July 20ths Direct Mini right?"
Geoff: "Yeah. That got hit hard."
Reggie: "Exactly. I was thinking maybe you could collab with Nintendo by means of hosting a sort of pre-show with your Summer Games Fest platform, with a Nintendo Direct following afterwards."
Geoff: "Wow! That'd be awesome! Count me in!"
Reggie: "You got space for next week say, between August 3rd and the 5th?"
Geoff: "Sure, those days I got nothing scheduled so far."
Reggie: "Good. I'll send you an e-mail with the details of the plan. I already sent it to Doug as well and he would be relaying it to HQ. He'll be expecting your response so as soon as you can try contacting him to coordinate the details."
Geoff: "Sure thing!"
Reggie: "Oh, one more thing."
Geoff: "Oh please Reggie, what is it?"
Reggie: "I'm going to try contacting Mr. Sakurai to see who things are going with the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Surely some reveals should be possible by now."
Geoff: "Reggie, this is sounding like it's going to be big."
Reggie: "Oh it will be alright. Well, I'll talk to you later. Check your e-mail ok?
Geoff: "Got it."

Later that evening, over at Nintendo Japan HQ, Mr. Furukawa along with the other members of the Board of Directors and current CEO are in the midst of a virtual meeting with Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Sakurai, Doug Bowser, Bill Trinen, and other key partners.

To be continued...

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Don't they have an investor meeting coming up? They have to have SOMETHING.
I think so, and I believe it's coming on August 6th (might be wrong on that, please correct me if I am)... which basically means they'll be cutting it real close if they wait until August 3rd to air their laundry.

... in fact, has that even been a thing with Nintendo before, just waiting until the absolute last minute before an investors' meeting to put out a Direct or some other presentation?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
If you want to see what certain people are thinking, PM them, make a discord, tag people at a social, whatever. Even when the Ridley, K.Rool and Banjo threads became pseudo-socials, even they didn't act this hostile to the mods.

Don't be an ass. Listen to the mods. You rely on them when things get hairy. The last thing you want to do is make the people you rely on dislike you.

But you know, that is entirely my business because I'm invested in this site's community and want it to be better.
Chief, if you wanted it to truly be better, something would be done about the over-moderation. I've seen it in here time and time again where the tiniest thing is considered flaming, or how they want to force us to talk only about Geno or SMRPG despite 95% of those topics being done to death. When we listen to the mods, this place boils down to nothing but 'Boy I hope Geno's coming!' and 'Man, I hope we get a sequel/remake someday!'

When we talk about what we want and don't listen, we talk about leaks and speculation ans share memes and have healthy conversation up until some mod who acts like a police officer who hasn't met his ticket quota for the month comes in and starts handing out warnings for healthy conversation and fun.

Send PMs? Sure, let me just PM each and every one of the GenoBros in here to ask their opinion on something and have to look up names and wait for replies...or, I could just read their opinions right here and scroll past those I don't care about.

Make a Discord? I actually recruited people to Star Road before I realized the kind of people allowed to be there, and let me tell ya it nearly killed this place had it not been for a few adamant folk who either didn't want to leave or wanted the worst of both places. There were lots of complaints and jokes at the staff's expense there too.

The social thread is garbo, and why would I leave when I can stay here to see the opinions of only those I care to see rather than search through the cesspool to find them?

I don't rely on mods for anything, in fact I've always called them out on every site I've been on. Don't project how you feel about them on me. Also, since people here get on me for this, don't act like this entire thread is hostile to staff just because I don't care for their heavy enforcement.

Also, I don't care if the staff dislike me. Re-read how you wrote that and you tell me if that sounds like solid advice or a warning that the staff here are biased and overzealous. Maybe now you realize how your post offered no true solutions and how it only exemplified the modding issues here.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Chief, if you wanted it to truly be better, something would be done about the over-moderation. I've seen it in here time and time again where the tiniest thing is considered flaming, or how they want to force us to talk only about Geno or SMRPG despite 95% of those topics being done to death. When we listen to the mods, this place boils down to nothing but 'Boy I hope Geno's coming!' and 'Man, I hope we get a sequel/remake someday!'

When we talk about what we want and don't listen, we talk about leaks and speculation ans share memes and have healthy conversation up until some mod who acts like a police officer who hasn't met his ticket quota for the month comes in and starts handing out warnings for healthy conversation and fun.

Send PMs? Sure, let me just PM each and every one of the GenoBros in here to ask their opinion on something and have to look up names and wait for replies...or, I could just read their opinions right here and scroll past those I don't care about.

Make a Discord? I actually recruited people to Star Road before I realized the kind of people allowed to be there, and let me tell ya it nearly killed this place had it not been for a few adamant folk who either didn't want to leave or wanted the worst of both places. There were lots of complaints and jokes at the staff's expense there too.

The social thread is garbo, and why would I leave when I can stay here to see the opinions of only those I care to see rather than search through the cesspool to find them?

I don't rely on mods for anything, in fact I've always called them out on every site I've been on. Don't project how you feel about them on me. Also, since people here get on me for this, don't act like this entire thread is hostile to staff just because I don't care for their heavy enforcement.

Also, I don't care if the staff dislike me. Re-read how you wrote that and you tell me if that sounds like solid advice or a warning that the staff here are biased and overzealous. Maybe now you realize how your post offered no true solutions and how it only exemplified the modding issues here.
I for one do not want non-Geno discussion in the place where Geno discussion goes, please and thank you.

Griselda

Smash Lord

WELP. THE NEXT FIGHTER IS CLEARLY MIN MIN AGAIN.
*shakes fist* You win this round, noodle girl, but I'm only allowing it because you're cute.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Min min out here making history as the only fighter to be added into the game twice! YAAAAAAAAS QUEEN~

MIN MIN IS GENO CONFIRMED!!11!!!!1!!!
...I mean, do we have confirmation that ♡♪!? can only possess inanimate objects? He could've been in Smash the whole time in someone's body and we'd never know the difference.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, it's my birthday today and we didn't get any actual news today like a direct. Or a mini direct or anything. Oh well. It's time to wait until next week or if things go the distance, until September.

Oh well, at least we got the leaks of many Nintendo games coming out and being shared by people so that's fun to hold us up, I guess.

(I'll consider that as gift~)

:bowser:.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Wouldn't Nintendo also want to at least show something considering the new Xbox and Playstation will be releasing soon? I know they've never cared a lot about their competition and stick to their own thing, but still, I can't imagine they're fine with giving Microsoft and Sony a free pass this year.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Nintendo also want to at least show something considering the new Xbox and Playstation will be releasing soon? I know they've never cared a lot about their competition and stick to their own thing, but still, I can't imagine they're fine with giving Microsoft and Sony a free pass this year.
Some of these delays/non-announcements/last minute announcements could have been to "get out of the way" of Sony and Microsoft. Microsoft claimed last week's presentation a while back. PlayStation's State of Play(I believe that is what it is called) is confirmed to be in August, but no official date yet(again, I believe. Need to double check). And, it is rumored that Microsoft is doing a "Part 2" style presentation in August. I could see it as a "wait and see" approach first. You don't want your news to be overrun by others.

Same reason that I think if we do see a "Switch Pro" that it'll be next year. I just don't think you want to put up your "powerful Switch" against two behemoths of power that are releasing this fall, ya know? Wait until next year. Games? We should be hearing about those already... Maybe they just didn't want to be overshadowed by the late E3 News. Knowing the order in June(Xbox, Sony, then Nintendo) is a lot better for the companies as well, as they can structure their messaging better. Kinda been a lot of randomness on announcements lately, so maybe Nintendo is trying to strike at the best time.

Really hoping that we see something next week by them, though I could see it going until later. I mean, we thought the same thing with Min Min, right? Waited until the last possible moment to show her.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, it's my birthday today and we didn't get any actual news today like a direct. Or a mini direct or anything. Oh well. It's time to wait until next week or if things go the distance, until September.

Oh well, at least we got the leaks of many Nintendo games coming out and being shared by people so that's fun to hold us up, I guess.

Happy Brithday.

I'd love to see a lot more leaks. There's little known about Super Mario RPG 2's version. Though I think Unseen64 had a fairly decent page on it? There's suggestions that the leaks will only cover straight first party stuff, so we might only get regular Paper Mario beta content, not before it became that.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Don't they have an investor meeting coming up? They have to have SOMETHING.
Not a meeting at all. And even if it was a meeting, they don’t have to show *us* anything. They can instead show their lineup to their investors exclusively.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Not a meeting at all. And even if it was a meeting, they don’t have to show *us* anything. They can instead show their lineup to their investors exclusively.
I did always wonder why people assumed that Nintendo would have to publicly announce anything and not just create some sort of presentation / meeting for the primary shareholders / investors. Not saying it's not good to keep the playerbase informed too obviously, but it never made sense when people claimed they had to have stuff publicly presented for their investors. *shrug* But then again, I don't really understand the whole investing in Nintendo process anyway, hah.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

WELP. THE NEXT FIGHTER IS CLEARLY MIN MIN AGAIN.
The prize list is literally the same as what would have been the post E3 Splatoon 2 tournament:

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...en-june-2020-tournament-announced-by-nintendo

All the other prizes this summer have been My Nintendo points. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
There are some requirements as to what and how much a publicly traded company needs to reveal to the public. Mostly just the quarterly reports, which is what we have coming up.

I've said it before in the discord, but I'll say it again: quarterly reports are boring and mundane, and might have one or two lines that are interesting to us. It's mostly a look back on the last few months, not much going forward besides maybe some projections. If we get anything useful, it will be "we expect good sales of a unnanounced titles in September and the holiday season."

I also don't expect them to announce any new direct because of the quarterly report.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Happy B day

MattX20

Smash Hero

Happy Birthday

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Happy Birthday Giga!! Yeah the source code leaks have been pretty wild.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Happy Birthday, Bowser poster! :bowser:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Wait they're back in the game? Those are the only Spirits I'm missing and the only reason I missed them was because I didn't think they were new Spirits. [I originally thought it was one of those Spirit Events where certain Spirits show up more often so you can grind SP].

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah! Thank you. Decided to look to the past and I noticed something that happened last month that could be repeating now:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2802#post-23968793

On June 9th, Cuphead and Warframe spirits were permanently added to the game with no new spirit event in sight. Approximately two weeks later, we got Min Min's presentation. Last week apparently, we got the Ring Fit and New Horizons spirits permanently added to the game. To raise FURTHER intrigue, the next pairing of spirit events to be added permanently into the game assumingly in August is, you guessed it, the Trials of Mana and the Octopath Traveler spirits! So, quick recap:

-We got LTO spirits added into the game permanently on July 21st with no new spirit event. The last time this happened back in June, we got a Smash reveal approximately two weeks later. June 9tb to June 22nd. Applying these exact parameters to the current situation, we wind up with July 21st to August 3rd.

-Coincidentally, the next spirits due to be added permanently into the game are both from Square Enix games.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ah! Thank you. Decided to look to the past and I noticed something that happened last month that could be repeating now:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2802#post-23968793

On June 9th, Cuphead and Warframe spirits were permanently added to the game with no new spirit event in sight. Approximately two weeks later, we got Min Min's presentation. Last week apparently, we got the Ring Fit and New Horizons spirits permanently added to the game. To raise FURTHER intrigue, the next pairing of spirit events to be added permanently into the game assumingly in August is, you guessed it, the Trials of Mana and the Octopath Traveler spirits! So, quick recap:

-We got LTO spirits added into the game permanently on July 21st with no new spirit event. The last time this happened back in June, we got a Smash reveal approximately two weeks later. June 9tb to June 22nd. Applying these exact parameters to the current situation, we wind up with July 21st to August 3rd.

-Coincidentally, the next spirits due to be added permanently into the game are both from Square Enix games.
Now that is interesting. I am curious if this trend happened with the prior Fighter's Pass. If it has, then this is a pretty solid theory comparable to Amiibo theory.

EDIT: When did the Resident Evil, Daemon X Machina and such spirits return? This could be something.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

You might be on to something here Fatman. The spirit permanence thing should be a factor to be looked into alongside amiibo release dates.

Now that is interesting. I am curious if this trend happened with the prior Fighter's Pass. If it has, then this is a pretty solid theory comparable to Amiibo theory.

EDIT: When did the Resident Evil, Daemon X Machina and such spirits return? This could be something.
The Resident Evil spirits were added on February 25th and Daemon X Machina on January 29th

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Good to hear Pokemon Company is stubborn about DLC because a Pokemon pick in the pass would be absolutely ruin the hype.
I'm 200% only interested in Geno... literally it could be anyone else and it's all whatever to me at this point.

That being said, I think Pokemon are much stronger additions than say more Fire Emblem reps *cough* Byleth. They kind of make sense as the "more the merrier" represented franchise if we're not talking about a 3rd party dream slot... I'd prefer it be an OG mon like Gengar or Kazam over sword/shield starter though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Resident Evil spirits were added on February 25th and Daemon X Machina on January 29th
So... The Resident Evil spirits were the week after the Animal Crossing presentation and the Daemon X Machina were the day after Byleth was added.

Going through things but what I've noticed so far:

-Super Mario Party spirits were permanently added with Plant.

-Peachette and the Nintendo Labo stuff was added with Hero.

-Link's Awakening Link and the Superb Owl were added a week after Banjo was added.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think the Sword and Shield spirits were added back with the RE ones, for what it’s worth, so it is still in a set of two.

I think Byleth was on January 28th, the closest to them, but at the same time it’s hard to compare because the majority of January to now has been open in terms of DLC minus Min Min.

I do think though that I recall in the past being able to pick up a couple spirits I missed around the time new big updates (like 6.0.0 / 7.0.0, etc) dropped, so I think this is worth considering as a possible indicator.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So... The Resident Evil spirits were the week after the Animal Crossing presentation and the Daemon X Machina were the day after Byleth was added.

Going through things but what I've noticed so far:

-Super Mario Party spirits were permanently added with Plant.

-Peachette and the Nintendo Labo stuff was added with Hero.

-Link's Awakening Link and the Superb Owl were added a week after Banjo was added.
The Square spirit events currently are the only ones that haven't been added to the game, so there's very little doubt they'll be out sometime soon in August

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looks like Polar has something else to add to the List™. Interesting stuff. Now... The big question is what exactly is happening on the 3rd? Is it the Direct or is it another Mini? The good news is that if it's another Mini one of the focused on companies will be Square thanks to a ton of indicators at this point but would they really do a Smash reveal in a Mini? That's the big question.

Add in: I know some of you are super skeptical about Hotgirl but this is a pretty notable observation on her part:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotGirlVideos69/status/1287851493547180037

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom