• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think it's right because I've had this argument a lot with people in the past.

"The Butt**** McFinnigan spirit was an LTO back in March."

"Then how come I got him earlier today?"

I've heard a lot of anecdotes of people finding the LTOs after their respective events so I take people's word for it but I assume that they're really, really rare.
They're about as rare as any other spirit, considering that only ten spirits show up at once, and there's nearly 1500 of them. (some don't show up at all, like Fighter Spirits, summon-exclusive spirits, etc., but those still seem like really low odds)

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think it's right because I've had this argument a lot with people in the past.

"The Butt**** McFinnigan spirit was an LTO back in March."

"Then how come I got him earlier today?"

I've heard a lot of anecdotes of people finding the LTOs after their respective events so I take people's word for it but I assume that they're really, really rare.
Well they definitely add them permanently a couple months after the limited run. I had went home for Thanksgiving a couple years ago and missed the Resident Evil ones and also just forgot about the Cuphead ones. I looked and refreshed so much but didn’t find a single one until the month came around you discussed earlier where they permanently added them back. I can’t be sure that it was impossible for one to show up the way I was doing it, but I easily burned 200 shuffle items and didn’t find one even once. (Whereas they showed up right away once they added them back to full rotation.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As far as I was aware, LTO spirits tend to return about two or three updates to the game down the line; The most recent 1-2 events always seem to be left out until another update comes along before they're simple added to the pool outright, so eventually, the ones that were event-specific will become available for recapture again later. The issue is that the wait tends to be incredibly long, and I only really became familiar with this because I missed the RE4 event, as well as the Sword/Shield event, and the lack of a completed inventory was driving me batty, causing me to pay close attention to every version update after the fact to make sure I could track them down.
Oh, I know, but I've never gotten one before they're "added back in." I regularly miss out on the spirit events so I'm painfully aware of this.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I was super bummed I missed the RE ones the first time because at that point I didn’t realize that they did return. I was really upset for a while since I had all the other spirits to that point and leaving an open spot in your inventory that can out be filled would be so disappointing, hah. (I was so relieved to find that to not be the case!)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, it's my birthday today and we didn't get any actual news today like a direct. Or a mini direct or anything. Oh well. It's time to wait until next week or if things go the distance, until September.

Oh well, at least we got the leaks of many Nintendo games coming out and being shared by people so that's fun to hold us up, I guess.

(I'll consider that as gift~)

:bowser:.
Happy birthday dude. :seuss:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only spirit event I missed out on that had new spirits was the Labo one. After that, I tend to keep my eyes open for any new spirit announcements and get duplicates of them just in case.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I know this is from 4chan and we should take it with a grain of salt yaddya yaddya ya...

20200727_195701.jpg

But in the interest of spicing up the thread and just to humor this just a tiny bit... this doesn't sound too pie in the sky. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think about this? I've only heard the 3D Mario collection were just remasters, not Super Mario 64 being a remake. Though I suppose it could be plausible if Nintendo were to add N64 games online.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I know this is from 4chan and we should take it with a grain of salt yaddya yaddya ya...

View attachment 280338

But in the interest of spicing up the thread and just to humor this just a tiny bit... this doesn't sound too pie in the sky. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think about this? I've only heard the 3D Mario collection were just remasters, not Super Mario 64 being a remake. Though I suppose it could be plausible if Nintendo were to add N64 games online.
-There is no Galaxy 2 in the collection, it'll just be Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.
-7 is only heard to be third party by multiple people, not first.
-"Mario 64 Remake", this has been deconfirmed.
-"N64 Online", not anytime soon.

Paraster

Smash Lord

View attachment 280338

What I'm curious about is whether or not this remake would incorporate 64 DS content.

T2by4

Smash Lord

View attachment 280338

>4chan leak

1594822892604.jpg

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think we're going to get any real leaks for a while regarding FP7 and FP8, but we can at least guess the former.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty sure Nintendo just forgot they were supposed to release games.
Great... Now I just imagine several Nintendo executives just now waking up from a gnarly coke and sake binge from New Year's Eve, smelling like a rotten bag of onions in a shower drain and slowly coming to the screeching existential horror that the world is on fire and their company hasn't made any noteworthy announcements outside of DLC all year.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still, August is seemingly going to be a big month for the Switch if everything lines up and at bare minimum, we're all but guaranteed the FP7 reveal since the amiibos narrow it down to a September release.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
So, it's my birthday today and we didn't get any actual news today like a direct. Or a mini direct or anything. Oh well. It's time to wait until next week or if things go the distance, until September.

Oh well, at least we got the leaks of many Nintendo games coming out and being shared by people so that's fun to hold us up, I guess.

Happy Birthday!!!!!

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace

This calls for a song!

Happy Birthday!!

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Actually, I was thinkin'...What if the Square fighter is actually the new DQ character? It's scheduled to be revealed soon right? What if Square wanted some free publicity early on?

GOD I FEEL DIRTY SAYING THAT! SOMEONE TELL ME IT WON'T BE TRUE! X.X

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Actually, I was thinkin'...What if the Square fighter is actually the new DQ character? It's scheduled to be revealed soon right? What if Square wanted some free publicity early on?

I can promise you that won't happen

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It would be the first double dip of a franchise outside of echoes and it doesn't exactly help that Hero's technically four characters in one to begin with. Plus that would mean a second Dragon Quest pack and... Yeah, there's nothing to worry about.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Most Dragon Quest protags have pretty much the exact same general skillset. A new one would probably be an echo at best. Not a fighter pass character.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
It would be the first double dip of a franchise outside of echoes and it doesn't exactly help that Hero's technically four characters in one to begin with. Plus that would mean a second Dragon Quest pack and... Yeah, there's nothing to worry about.
Phew...That's a relief!

Also, there's this!

Yeah, more of what we know. Still, we should absolutely be getting that August direct if Mario IS getting a game by then.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Great... Now I just imagine several Nintendo executives just now waking up from a gnarly coke and sake binge from New Year's Eve, smelling like a rotten bag of onions in a shower drain and slowly coming to the screeching existential horror that the world is on fire and their company hasn't made any noteworthy announcements outside of DLC all year.
You can't convince me this didn't happen.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'm starting to think Nintendo is putting their bets on the collection + 3D World as their only games for the rest of the year. After how well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold, they probably think most will just treat 3D World as a new game anyways, so they don't really feel like they need anything else.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
And the thing which worries me is like M MattOnwheels pointed, NateDrake wss said that there will be a Mario game released on September and if a game will be physic it should be announced 4 weeks before its release so what's going on?
Btw: Correct if I wrong but Nintendo has never be that far in the year without a Holiday schedule

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is there any chance he's joking? :/
Reading the surrounding context of his post, he might be. He seems pretty pissed that several Nintendo news sites (particularly Nintendo Soup) reported on his earlier statements about a August Direct and I think this is his way of telling people to **** off and stop badgering him for info.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey, as I said, I know 4chan should be taken with a grain of salt. I never said I believed it, as 4chan is mostly nothing worth talking about usually. I just brought forth the idea of those things because they didn't seem like total impossibilities and I just wanted to give some food for thought.

Sorry if I upset anyone by bringing that image here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom