• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChameleonTwist

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that with game sales in the past that they typically tie into the week of an actual presentation. For example, look what happened in June:

https://www.siliconera.com/not-e3-summer-nintendo-eshop-sale-begins-today/

The sale started on what would have been Nintendo's E3 if Covid-19 wasn't the historical and metaphorical dog**** on your shoe that makes you slip and fall down a flight of stairs and out an open window onto a busy sidewalk and across the street from a daycare center with very, very large windows so literally every child inside will need therapy in 15 to 20 years but enough about what happened this morning...
Perhaps to bolster this noted pattern, on January 13th, three days prior to Byleth's announcement, a Fire Emblem Warriors free play period was promoted (https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...be_able_to_play_fire_emblem_warriors_for_free); and then on March 26, the day of the ARMS character announcement, the ARMS game was made available for a limited time (https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...y-arms-for-free-and-reach-beyond-your-limits/).

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This is basically my reaction to seeing this board get all this activity while I am at work for a full days shift:
Edp_uz0XgAAgjwz.jpg

Also that is a screenshot from the upcoming animation that is currently almost done! I just gotta add the colors to the keyframes and finish the last few edits at the ending. I'll make sure its done by the end of the week and keep on speculating guys. Getting me through the tough times of 2020.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Okay, so unless I'm missing something here's what we have happening in August

Big List of Mario stuff happening on the 1st:

--Lego Mario launch worldwide
--Mario gaming chairs launch in the UK
--Mario Jenga launches
--Mario Anniversary Monopoly launches
--Mario/Levi collaborative clothing line launches

Plus we have maintenance on the 3rd

Man... after getting blue-balled on Monday I don't want to say 'things are lining up' again. But... things are lining up...

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps to bolster this noted pattern, on January 13th, three days prior to Byleth's announcement, a Fire Emblem Warriors free play period was promoted (https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...be_able_to_play_fire_emblem_warriors_for_free); and then on March 26, the day of the ARMS character announcement, the ARMS game was made available for a limited time (https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...y-arms-for-free-and-reach-beyond-your-limits/).
So... Pokemon for FP7? Because Pokken is going free to play for NSO users in a few days.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I know right? People say he is trash just because he doesn't have some flashy gimmick like the rest of the DLC, and I seriously hate when that is used as a factor for which character is better then which. I'm honestly glad Banjo doesn't rely so heavily on some abusable gimmick. All that matters to me is faithfulness, and boy did Sakurai NAIL that. Banjo is EXTREMELY faithful to the source material. Almost everyone of his moves is a move from his original games and it was exactly how I envisioned Banjo in my head before his reveal. Banjo is also by far the DLC character with the absolute BEST expressions. Every animation the duo has to their ledge grab, tip toe, and idle animations, all of these animations are very expressible and they all perfectly match the duo's characteristics extremely well. And don't even get me started on their stage and music.

I genuinely don't get why people are so disappointed with them. I was honestly ecstatic at just how well they were implemented in Smash, and personally, I thought Microsoft would have been greedy with their inclusion and wouldn't have allowed that much content, kinda like Final Fantasy, but I was pleasantly surprised at just how much we got. To me, it honestly feels like people just complain about Banjo to make themselves feel interesting by being in the minority of people that were genuinely happy to see the bear and bird in Smash.
Banjo and Kazooie play exactly as I thought they would, even with the same momentum from the games.

The only thing that should change with them is their character number. Should be much lower. Like, Melee low.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
"Starman" by David Bowie suits him best in my opinion. Not only does the song slap, but the lyrics talk about a powerful being related to the stars waiting above for his time to shine.

Perfectly fitting "high quality rip" by Siivagunner

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wasn't the arms trial announced ALONGSIDE the arms character? This pokken thing has been announced before a CP7 announcement of any kind.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wasn't the arms trial announced ALONGSIDE the arms character? This pokken thing has been announced before a CP7 announcement of any kind.
This is right, plus it would've made more sense to let people have a trial of Three Houses rather than Warriors if they wanted to promote Byleth, so it could've been a coincidence.

"Hey, a cool FE game has a free trial! Let's see if I can try out the dude they put in Smash!"

"...huh? Where is he? Is he unlockable? No???"

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
stardew valley is getting an announcement next week, switch is the only console it isn't on, and it has a major update 1.5 coming soon, so 50/50 chance that it is a port announcement that will likely be in another partner showcase direct, the other 50% is that its just news on said update
https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/1286346276913676291
edit: looking closely at said letter, the far right rectangle seems to be a switch case you can make out the red switch logo in the top left of said square

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

pinshadow

Smash Lord
stardew valley is getting an announcement next week, switch is the only console it isn't on, and it has a major update 1.5 coming soon, so 50/50 chance that it is a port announcement that will likely be in another partner showcase direct, the other 50% is that its just news on said update
What are you talking about, Stardew Valley has been on Switch since 2017.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Umm... Stardew Valley has been on Switch for a long time. That announcement is likely for a physical release.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Splatoon also got a free trial on Switch online iirc, but that didn't get Sheldon in all his crabbiness into Smash
Yeah that’s right, Splatoon 2 got one; these likely don’t mean anything then, only counting if announced alongside the fighter. Just games Nintendo wants to promote.

It’s funny; I thought Splatoon 2 got one too, but I forgot even the fact that I tried it out and so I then just thought “wait it may have just had the tourney...”

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If we get a Best Guy Ever video, what would be the song?
No idea, the songs he tends to choose are kind of unpredictable. I mean I know what I'd choose, but that's neither here nor there.
I have seen this song mentioned in this thread, though. A decent fit, I suppose.

So... Pokemon for FP7? Because Pokken is going free to play for NSO users in a few days.
Wait, it is?! Wow, now I can finally not play Pokken Tournament! I'm so excited!

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
No idea, the songs he tends to choose are kind of unpredictable. I mean I know what I'd choose, but that's neither here nor there.
I have seen this song mentioned in this thread, though. A decent fit, I suppose.

Wait, it is?! Wow, now I can finally not play Pokken Tournament! I'm so excited!
Outside the US, I’m afraid.

Don’t worry, Genobros. He’s still coming. Most likely next. In a couple of weeks, I believe.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I just beat the Axem Rangers, and I just noticed something... they don't actually die on-screen. The battle ends with them all intact rather than vanishing like bosses typically do, and I guess you could say they died when the Blade blew up, but we never actually see it for ourselves.

QQS

Smash Lord
Next week starts August and let’s pray for a General Direct in this month with Smash News like #7 and #8. I mean, our baby Geno and Crash. Make the world happy, Nintendo. I know Geno is coming as a Fighter but please, Square and Nintendo, Free Geno soon!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
It's crazy how many awesome Square Enix characters there are that would fit Smash Bros. - you could make a whole Square Enix Fighters Pass and most people would be very happy about it:

Fighter 1: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Fighter 2: Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Fighter 3: Lara (Tomb Raider)
Fighter 4: 2B (NieR)
Fighter 5: Agnes (Bravely)

Bonus: Neku (The World Ends With You) & Crono (Chrono Trigger)

It's pretty similar to Capcom, where there are many great choices from different genres as well. I'd instantly buy a Capcom Fighters Pass:

Fighter 1: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Fighter 2: Phoenix (Ace Attorney)
Fighter 3: Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Fighter 4: Leon/Jill (Resident Evil)
Fighter 5: Amaterasu (Okami)

Bonus: Joe (Viewtiful Joe) & Zero (Mega Man X)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
66AB23BE-39C0-4A3E-A155-3D854BEC4008.jpeg

Sakurai on Twitter 5 hours ago.

It would be nice to see The Knight and Ori premium, though I think The Knight is more likely. Both are great characters.

If any Indie could be upgraded to a Fighter, for sure maybe it’s Shovel Knight. (My favorites are Hollow and Ori, but Shovel for obvious reasons).

Lets hope for an announcement soon and Geno reveal!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
View attachment 279937

Sakurai on Twitter 5 hours ago.

It would be nice to see The Knight and Ori premium, though I think The Knight is more likely. Both are great characters.

If any Indie could be upgraded to a Fighter, for sure maybe it’s Shovel Knight. (My favorites are Hollow and Ori, but Shovel for obvious reasons).

Lets hope for an announcement soon and Geno reveal!
Shovel Knight would be a fun choice!

Though for an indie rep my choice goes to Quote from Cave Story. He deserves more attention!

Here's hoping for an announcement soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom