• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
35 minutes might seem long...

But then you remember that the Spring Man AT's basic punch travel half of final destination.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai is going to spend a lot of time on gameplay , especially since it was delayed for that very reason.

Cacodemon costume would be nice lol
Terry's presentation was even longer, from what I recall, and the last ten minutes were spent playing through Terry's Classic mode.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I'm honestly amazed they've managed to stay in business this long.
It's hard to lose money on gambling machines, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow f*cked that up as well. At this point I'd be pretty OK with them going out of business because other companies would probably buy the IPs and do something with them.

Sony owning Metal Gear makes sense given their focus on story-driven games nowadays
FromSoftware could do some really cool stuff with Castlevania, but Nintendo would also benefit from holding the IP.
I think ID could do good work with Contra.
Silent Hill is an enigma because I don't know if I'd really trust anyone other than Team Silent themselves (ideally working under a big publisher like Sony or Microsoft), but I think Capcom could maybe pull it off.

This has gotten a bit off topic so, uh, Twintelle would be sick.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
As soon as I saw the reminder for the Smash CP 6 reveal presentation going up on the 22nd, my mind IMMEDIATELY clicked with the Summer Games Fest showcase which will ALSO be on the 22nd. In said showcase Geoff will be making a special game announcement, and as many might be already aware of, Crash 4 got leaked last night. Considering the time window between today (the 19th) up to the 22nd, if that game was going to be Crash 4, perhaps the game leaking wasn't as bad... thinking of the possibility that a tied-in announcement for revealing that Crash will be joining Smash. Now, by this I don't mean that Crash would be revealed within the Summer Games Fest presentation, but considering that both that and the CP 6 Sakurai presents will both be on the same day, it wouldn't be too farfetched to think that perhaps after the ARMS presentation, they might announce a future Smash presentation announcing perhaps two other fighters (or a fighter and a mode).

Ok, I'm done with my wishful thinking for the day.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If Sakurai has to choose one stage from all 15 of them, I believe the Sky Arena or Springman's stage may be the case. I could be wrong......

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
it was also said that only the arms character will be there, so no fp7 or 8
The next Amiibo wave is September meaning it's not likely to be a shadowdrop. This means that 7 is either being announced in June or July. I think we should hold tight to see how this week develops. We now have a Smash presentation and Pokemon presentation in the same week and, of course, next Thursday is right before the investors' meeting. We may very well get our "E3" presentation next Thursday.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I guess now that we know the arms rep will be revealed on Monday we’ve gotta worry about Mii Costumes. Geno ain’t out of the blue yet and could easily be revealed as a mii costume so we gotta pray he’s not gonna be a mii costume on Monday.

Heoj

Smash Ace
i dont think everyone read the tweet from nintendo where they literally said that fp7 isnt gonna show up

edit: thinking about it some more, i think its incredibly likely that a new date is given where well find out about fp7

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hoping for Spring Man.

Would also like Min Min.

No FP7 reveal sucks, but at least the ARMS speculation will finally be over and we can move on from it.

Gonna tide myself over ‘til the next reveal with Pokémon, Paper Mario, Smash Bros., SpongeBob if I can get the new game after Paper Mario, and whatever else.

Not expecting FP7 in the presentation because Nintendo said no new fighters other than ARMS Question Mark would be revealed and people got burned the last time they said this (for Terry’s presentation) by ignoring them.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The fact that it's a livestream video and not a shadow drop makes me go HMMMM. There COULD be an announcement for a Smash direct or something at the end. Not saying to expect it or that it's likely, but it is certainly possible

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Sakurai: [tears down poster to reveal a character everyone was already expecting] "I guess it wasn't such a surprise, huh?"
Staff: [chuckles in unison]
Minutes later,
Sakurai: [grabs a second controller, stares directly into camera] "now I will play with both my ARMS!"
Staff: [erupts into laughter, going on a little bit longer than should be comfortable]
Sakurai: [does a kick move] "Maybe the game should be called LEGS instead"
Staff: [explodes into hysterics. the room shakes as their laughter begins reverberating the walls. Sakurai doesn't move a muscle as they keel over, clutching at their sides, eventually, some stop moving altogether]

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So, seeing how there’s no character reveal yet it is 35 minutes, I’m guessing it’ll be about Sakurai fanboying over Arms similar to SNK?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The ARMS presentation is separate basically sealing that 7 and 8 are going to be revealed in the same presentation. So, uh, who's excited?
Honestly? I'm not. Just because how long they drawn this out. Almost six months after the pass went on sale and we finally find out a grand total of ONE character on it. By this time with pass 1, we knew three characters, one actually released too, and that was just a 5 character pass. This is six, and 6 months we know 1/6th of the content.

Sorry, but the pointless wait and Nintendo's horrible marketing since last September made me a bit cynical. I'm already guessing that somehow the ARMs character won't answer a thing concerning promotions and the Mii costume showcase will reveal Geno's costume. Even if Geno is actually a fighter later on, even number 7, that still means this thread and fans will be going through hell until his trailer, which could be anytime in the next year because Nintendo has been so damn wishy-washy with news.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly? I'm not. Just because how long they drawn this out. Almost six months after the pass went on sale and we finally find out a grand total of ONE character on it. By this time with pass 1, we knew three characters, one actually released too, and that was just a 5 character pass. This is six, and 6 months we know 1/6th of the content.

Sorry, but the pointless wait and Nintendo's horrible marketing since last September made me a bit cynical. I'm already guessing that somehow the ARMs character won't answer a thing concerning promotions and the Mii costume showcase will reveal Geno's costume. Even if Geno is actually a fighter later on, even number 7, that still means this thread and fans will be going through hell until his trailer, which could be anytime in the next year because Nintendo has been so damn wishy-washy with news.
Don't forget the ongoing pandemic switching the default plans to something else.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i dont think everyone read the tweet from nintendo where they literally said that fp7 isnt gonna show up
You misread my comment. I'm saying this pretty much guarantees that 7 and 8 will be revealed together... In a later presentation. This makes sense because last year's E3 was two third party characters too. Also, doesn't it strike anybody else as incredibly weird that this Smash presentation is on a Monday morning, deadass at the beginning of the week? I'm pretty sure we've never had a Monday presentation in the entire history of Smash. They've all been on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays except the E3 presentation in 2015 that was a Sunday. I get the feeling the ARMS presentation is going to close out with the announcement of another presentation in the future.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Why is everyone just assuming no reveal of fp7 till september? It could still happen next week or later, its just not happening during this presentation. Just relax and stop thinking the worst

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You misread my comment. I'm saying this pretty much guarantees that 7 and 8 will be revealed together... In a later presentation. This makes sense because last year's E3 was two third party characters too. Also, doesn't it strike anybody else as incredibly weird that this Smash presentation is on a Monday morning, deadass at the beginning of the week? I'm pretty sure we've never had a Monday presentation in the entire history of Smash. They've all been on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays except the E3 presentation in 2015 that was a Sunday. I get the feeling the ARMS presentation is going to close out with the announcement of another presentation in the future.
Imagine guys! With this in mind, Geno and Crash could both be revealed in the same Direct or Presentation. That will be insane.

Firox

Smash Master
Since its confirmed that we are getting a Sakurai Presentation, I think it would be so cool if it takes place at his home.
Sakurai starts the stream kicked back on a luxurious sofa: "Oh, hello there. Welcome to my home. I'm sure you're here for the Smash bros presentation. Follow me!" (Sakurai jumps up from the couch and starts walking while the camera follows him) "Whoops, just have to walk through my private basket ball court and theater to get to my gaming studio..." (Scoops up a basket ball and shoots a swish) "Guess you could say I've got a good ARM!" (winks) "Oh, that's right, we're renovating the main hall. Guess we'll have to cut through the garage." (He shuffles through a massive parking garage with a Ferrari and Aston Martin DBX in the background.) "Don't mind my go-karts back there. Just getting me from A to B, ya know?" (He walks up to an armored door and punches in the security code) "Alright, here we are: My little slice of heaven..." (He walks into his studio. The walls are covered in big screens, several outfitted with Switches and PS4s. He sits behind his desk and pins up the ARMS poster.) "Let's begin, shall we?"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, seeing how there’s no character reveal yet it is 35 minutes, I’m guessing it’ll be about Sakurai fanboying over Arms similar to SNK?
Maybe they'll go through the character's spirit battles and Classic mode to fill in the time? It's not like ARMS has a ton of history behind it like SNK.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Don't forget the ongoing pandemic switching the default plans to something else.
Oh no, I have that on mind too. I'm not in a rush or pushing to play these characters nownownow. I'd rather just know WHO they are. If their releases got delayed, I would understand.

So when I wanted the ARMs trailer soon, that was because I just wanted to know who it is, not because I'm desperate to play them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Calling it now: either a Smash Direct or a General Direct that focuses on games from Nintendo next Thursday. The timing of everything is too damn weird, especially with them penciling in the Smash presentation at the earliest time possible next week.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Sakurai starts the stream kicked back on a luxurious sofa: "Oh, hello there. Welcome to my home. I'm sure you're here for the Smash bros presentation. Follow me!" (Sakurai jumps up from the couch and starts walking while the camera follows him) "Whoops, just have to walk through my private basket ball court and theater to get to my gaming studio..." (Scoops up a basket ball and shoots a swish) "Guess you could say I've got a good ARM!" (winks) "Oh, that's right, we're renovating the main hall. Guess we'll have to cut through the garage." (He shuffles through a massive parking garage with a Ferrari and Aston Martin DBX in the background.) "Don't mind my go-karts back there. Just getting me from A to B, ya know?" (He walks up to an armored door and punches in the security code) "Alright, here we are: My little slice of heaven..." (He walks into his studio. The walls are covered in big screens, several outfitted with Switches and PS4s. He sits behind his desk and pins up the ARMS poster.) "Let's begin, shall we?"
I love this.

Heoj

Smash Ace
yeh i had to think about it a bit more and i pretty much agree now, sorry for the misunderstanding

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh no, I have that on mind too. I'm not in a rush or pushing to play these characters nownownow. I'd rather just know WHO they are. If their releases got delayed, I would understand.

So when I wanted the ARMs trailer soon, that was because I just wanted to know who it is, not because I'm desperate to play them.
What a lot of people are wanting after the 6 months drought.

D

Deleted member

Why is everyone just assuming no reveal of fp7 till september? It could still happen next week or later, its just not happening during this presentation. Just relax and stop thinking the worst
Nah, I’ll have my expectations low on this one. Nintendo really sucks with the news this year, I just won’t be surprised at this point.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm, you know... this reminds me of what just happened this week. As the Pokemon presentation was about to end this past Wednesday, another Pokemon Presents is announced for next Wednesday (the 24th). Could Sakurai... pull something similar (ARMS CP 6 presentation on Monday 22, then at the end announcing another Smash presentation on Monday the 29th)?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Don't forget that the pokemon direct is getting ANOTHER pokemon direct this week. Smash could do the same.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Calling it now: either a Smash Direct or a General Direct that focuses on games from Nintendo next Thursday. The timing of everything is too damn weird, especially with them penciling in the Smash presentation at the earliest time possible next week.
As in the 25th? Didn't we already have someone telling us the Mario remasters are coming in July?

Unless they wanted to keep #7/8 separate from the ARMS reveal for some really dumb stupid ass reason and still be revealed in June, I don't see anything else happening after the ARMS video and Pokemon Presents 2. I think that's all we're getting til July.

Don't forget that the pokemon direct is getting ANOTHER pokemon direct this week. Smash could do the same.
I just don't see that happening til July. They're wanting to drag their heels as much as possible right now for some reason, why would they suddenly reveal more characters in the same week but not the same video?

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Tbh now that we are getting just one reveal basically puts to bed any idea of a triple reveal. Maybe 7 by the end of Summer. Either way I just want to know the character

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I'm really excited for the presentation, even if we gotta wait for challenger 7. Arms is one of my favorite newer Nintendo IPs and I can't wait to see what Sakurai's created this time. That being said I'm also really excited and terrified of what the Mii Costumes could be, I'm hoping no Geno mii costume but if its a deluxe costume with a music track then it'll make the pain not as bad.

domriver

Smash Lord
Worst timeline = arms character revealed on the 22nd. They reveal a pokemon on the 24th as FP7.
shut up. LOL xD

The ARMS presentation is separate basically sealing that 7 and 8 are going to be revealed in the same presentation. So, uh, who's excited?
I agree. We may in for a good treat. Now its just another waiting game. UGH...........

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well it's about damn time. Not too shocked that we're only getting the ARMS Fighter in this presentation. I guess we may have to wait up until September for FP7 after all. What is suprising is that it'll apparently only be a single fighter due to the wording. That said, the Japanese don't distinguish between plurals in their speech, so maybe we could still get a 4-in-1 situation? I mean, it's not the first time english PR material has been confused on this aspect. Also while it may be technically true that it's a single fighter, maybe he's deliberately not counting alternate costumes as other characters? Like, yeah, this is an ARMS Character in terms of being Fighter #76, but there's more to it and they're not the only ARMS character.

Not holding my breath on that, though. Occam's Razor, we're only getting one ARMS character as the fighter, and I'm fine with that. In terms of who that might be...
  1. Min-Min is probably the most likely.
  2. Spring Man is a very likely, and in retrospect kind of obvious, choice for this ARMS Fighter.
Either way, this is very exciting news to wake up to.

Imagine guys! With this in mind, Geno and Crash could both be revealed in the same Direct or Presentation. That will be N. Sane.
FTFY

Worst timeline = arms character revealed on the 22nd. They reveal a pokemon on the 24th as FP7.
Hey, it won't be all bad. If it turns out to be Urshifu then at least Polarthief Polarthief would have to wear the Urshifu avatar I have picked out for him! :ultpacman:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like that depends on the Pokemon and the ARMS character. Someone like Min Min, Ninjara, or Twintelle would be exciting for us, since it means that having a spirit doesn't rule out characters from being DLC, but if it's someone like Kid Cobra or Byte and Barq, that would be pretty rough.

Likewise, there are hundreds of Pokemon - some could be neat additions that bring some interesting things to the table gameplay-wise, but I don't think anyone's clamoring for Muk, Yungoos, Elekid, Hoothoot, or Trubbish. (I just picked five random examples)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Why would they do two separate presentations?"

Because they still had all the Pack 6 content to reveal. This is why I kept saying they weren't going to cram 7 in at the end of a half hour presentation gushing about ARMS. Now it's no longer an issue. Pack 6 has a full presentation and 7 and 8 will probably be revealed together in a later presentation. Like I said, there was only two ways they could have gone about this: reveal 6-8 in the same presentation and then do the 6 Pack presentation later or reveal 6 in the 6 Pack presentation and simply reveal the other characters later. Seems they chose to go with the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom