• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Mii Costume List was posted in mid-July of 2019. It correctly called all of Banjo's Mii Fighter costumes sans... well, Sans. It listed Mallow and Smithy are getting costumes as well, which so far haven't come to fruition just yet.
View attachment 275328
Yeah, I knew that. I wonder what are the odds for the rest of the costumes showing up in this upcoming presentation, though?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Now I’m not as disappointed that I’m going to be at the very end of my shift on Monday morning when the presentation happens. I think hombre gordo en hielo is correct and we’re getting a Nintendo direct with one or two reveals sooner than later.

Also imagine if not the Geno costume but cacomallow costume gets revealed on Monday. This place would explode.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now I’m not as disappointed that I’m going to be at the very end of my shift on Monday morning when the presentation happens. I think hombre gordo en hielo is correct and we’re getting a Nintendo direct with one or two reveals sooner than later.
Who is Hombre? And what exactly did he say?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This along with the fact that we have strong supporting evidence that they're being saved for a Square character of some kind because all the Namco costumes were yoinked too. People disagree with me on the remaining Capcom costumes but I think they're being saved for a Capcom pack as well.
Yeah. People get all bent out of shape because indie costumes have and will continue to be inserted into random packs but the fact remains that for Square, they have only released Square owned content with itself. This is true for Cloud, Hero, and Spirit events

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, I knew that. I wonder what are the odds for the rest of the costumes showing up in this upcoming presentation, though?
Well, the secret Nintendo Mii costume and the Gooigi costumes have a decent shot at the very least. Weirdly enough, I'm actually more confident in the secret costume than Gooigi because the secret costume is 95% likely to be the pack's premium costume anyways.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I’m not expecting to see Geno or a Geno costume Monday whatsoever. Just thinking up the worst possible scenario.

Definitely keeping an eye out for Cacodemon though. And if that happens, I’m hoping it pressures the team to just reveal Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like Datboigeno Datboigeno said, I think things are going to unfold sooner than later:

-Crash is in the process of having the Best Week Ever™.

-80th annual investors' meeting next Friday.

-First Smash presentation ever on a Monday.

-Major third party dump coming Tuesday.

-Getting dangerously close to Mii Costume Guy's SMRPG costume leak anniversary month.

-Until this last Pokemon presentation, all the major presentations this year were on Thursdays. Nintendo is weirdly keeping this Thursday open.

I think we're in for a wild week until proven otherwise.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
If we don't get the Cacodemon hat during the ARMS character, we should probably expect it with the reveal of Fighter 8. Because if Fighter 7 is truly Geno then I don't expect it to be packaged in with him, it would most likely be another Western character (*cough cough* Doomguy *cough*)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If we don't get the Cacodemon hat during the ARMS character, we should probably expect it with the reveal of Fighter 8. Because if Fighter 7 is truly Geno then I don't expect it to be packaged in with him, it would most likely be another Western character (*cough cough* Doomguy *cough*)
That's pretty much been my reasoning too. Since I think 8 is going to be a Western character, I think they're Mii costumes are going to be a grab bag of Western properties.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was saying it over and over again that this presentation would just be Arms because that’s how they always do it.

But guys, for real, July is going to be a big month. I’m telling you.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
While I'm happy to finally have a day to look forward to for the ARMs character, them not revealing FP7 takes a lot of hype out of Monday.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
While I'm happy to finally have a day to look forward to for the ARMs character, them not revealing FP7 takes a lot of hype out of Monday.
Honestly, Nintendo has been acting very unhype concerning the ARMs character, almost like they have no interest in them.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to a Geno Mii costume being shown on Monday, however if they really went out of their way by adding an Arms character that isn't already in the game in some form like Max Brass, then I'd say that's definitely a big nail in Geno's coffin.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Like Datboigeno Datboigeno said, I think things are going to unfold sooner than later:

-Getting dangerously close to Mii Costume Guy's SMRPG costume leak anniversary month.

-Until this last Pokemon presentation, all the major presentations this year were on Thursdays. Nintendo is weirdly keeping this Thursday open.

So you think they wil something like: "And that is our Today's presentation *Insert ARMS Rep* is now avaliable but as we said on Twitter we aren't revealing a new fighter today ..... because on the Thrusday we are making a smash Direct to announce 2 new fighters" I see it Likely and i understand the rason why they won't reveal CP7 on the Monday

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So you think they wil something like: "And that is our Today's presentation *Insert ARMS Rep* is now avaliable but as we said on Twitter we aren't revealing a new fighter today ..... because on the Thrusday we are making a smash Direct to announce 2 new fighter" I see it Likely and i understand the rason why they won't reveal CP7 on the Monday
That's the thing too; I don't think the character will release on Monday. Even Byleth had a gap so the ARMS character probably won't release until the 29th or 30th. What I think will happen is one of two things:

-A Smash presentation is announced for Thursday immediately following the ARMS presentation.

-A Nintendo Direct is announced on Tuesday or Wednesday for Thursday.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
As I said yesterday Nintendo hasn't held a presentation on a Monday in like 5 years atleast. It's WEIRD. Thursday is wide open yet they just aren't taking it for some reason. I honestly think Fatman is onto something with a News Dump next week. I can't see Nintendo holding all their cards so close to their chest for much longer and especially with the investors meeting coming up something has to give.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Calling it now: either a Smash Direct or a General Direct that focuses on games from Nintendo next Thursday. The timing of everything is too damn weird, especially with them penciling in the Smash presentation at the earliest time possible next week.
"Why would they do two separate presentations?"

Because they still had all the Pack 6 content to reveal. This is why I kept saying they weren't going to cram 7 in at the end of a half hour presentation gushing about ARMS. Now it's no longer an issue. Pack 6 has a full presentation and 7 and 8 will probably be revealed together in a later presentation. Like I said, there was only two ways they could have gone about this: reveal 6-8 in the same presentation and then do the 6 Pack presentation later or reveal 6 in the 6 Pack presentation and simply reveal the other characters later. Seems they chose to go with the second.

I don't know Fatman, it just doesn't seem like up Nintendo's alley to have two bigger news chunks like a Smash presentation and then a Nintendo Direct/Smash Direct so close to one another. I know these are unprecedented times and I realize that having the ARMS presentation announced today for Monday is super weird... but idk, my expectations have been tempered due to the drought of news. Yes, I know you have been saying we should get hyped, but until we actually get something more substantial like a Direct or actual new substantial news I'm pretty tempered expectations wise.

(Oh but I am excited for the ARMS character though. Glad they clarified no Fighter #7 so entitled Smash fans didn't burn Sakurai's house to the ground. That being said, of course I want to know who #7 is.)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
As I said yesterday Nintendo hasn't held a presentation on a Monday in like 5 years atleast. It's WEIRD. Thursday is wide open yet they just aren't taking it for some reason. I honestly think Fatman is onto something with a News Dump next week. I can't see Nintendo holding all their cards so close to their chest for much longer and especially with the investors meeting coming up something has to give.
Investors currently towards Nintendo:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty much been my reasoning too. Since I think 8 is going to be a Western character, I think they're Mii costumes are going to be a grab bag of Western properties.
I still have doubts they’re going to go to a big western AAA like Bethesda and ONLY get a Mii costume

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
That's the thing too; I don't think the character will release on Monday. Even Byleth had a gap so the ARMS character probably won't release until the 29th or 30th. What I think will happen is one of two things:

-A Smash presentation is announced for Thursday immediately following the ARMS presentation.

-A Nintendo Direct is announced on Tuesday or Wednesday for Thursday.
...Yeah... I uh... I do not see either of those happening in the slightest. That's giving them too much credit

Thursday being empty is just a symptom of awkward scheduling, nothing more. If they really want to drop Fighter 7 on us this month they would have bundled it into the ARMS presentation.

I don't see Fighter 7 being revealed until late July at the earliest or early september at the latest

AugustusB

Smash Champion
...Yeah... I uh... I do not see either of those happening in the slightest. That's giving them too much credit

Thursday being empty is just a symptom of awkward scheduling, nothing more. If they really want to drop Fighter 7 on us this month they would have bundled it into the ARMS presentation.

I don't see Fighter 7 being revealed until late July at the earliest or early september at the latest
A counter argument if I may step in.

"So the Pokemon company is going to have a presentation coming up. Its short, but I guess they do not have a lot to talk about."
Proceeds to have another presentation the next week for MORE Pokemon news

Why did they not just clump it together? Possibly a week argument, but it does show they can spread their news around. I am not personally expecting anything other than ARMS rep and Pokemon next week, but it COULD happen.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I know that you can't be a Geno fan without worrying constantly about the costume coming back... But let's be honest.
He wasn't in Hero's pack.
He wasn't in Banjo's pack.
He wasn't in Byleth's pack.
Why would he be in the ARMS pack ?

Some people would say "Rocket punches"... But if it's a more fitting reason to add him than "Square Enix property" or "Nostalgic character like Banjo" , then I'm baffled at Nintendo's logic.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
To temper my expectations I'm only gonna be expecting the ARMS character and nothing more. If 7 is revealed, I'll be happy. If not, I expected it and can just focus on how fun the character probably is.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
People are very quick to discredit 2 smash presentations close together...a couple days after we have confirmed 2 seperate pokemon presentations a week apart.

Come on yall, it’s “Not-E3” time!

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
You say this while Ubisoft is sitting in the corner with 1 spirit and 2 Mii Costumes
Yeah, the difference is Ubisoft has been buddy-buddy with Nintendo for years now, and has had stuff in Smash since 4. We have yet to have any instances of a big unrepresented third party randomly get a Mii costume with nothing else attached

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
People are very quick to discredit 2 smash presentations close together...a couple days after we have confirmed 2 seperate pokemon presentations a week apart.

Come on yall, it’s “Not-E3” time!
Blame Nintendo starving us and conditioning us not to expect anything but the bare minimum

Droodle

Smash Lord
Arms with no 7 announced, just like I called huh. With my newly found insider status I'm going to predict that 7+8 will be revealed in July or August in a Direct (Smash or General). I don't think it's Thursday, they likely shifted it to next week last minute because Imran said it was weird it hadn't been revealed yet. Likewise, I can't see us getting a Smash ARMS presentation, a Pokemon Presentation, and a Direct all in the span of a week when Nintendo is clearly spreading out information (And that there would be no point in seperating ARMS and the Direct).
I still have doubts they’re going to go to a big western AAA like Bethesda and ONLY get a Mii costume
I doubt Cacomallow is real, but they've already turned a major Western AAA to mii costumes with Ubisoft. That said if Cacomallow is real, I would find it super strange if we just get Cacodemon with no Doomguy Mii costume, likewise I thought us getting AC + Rabbids with no Rayman was super weird too.

I know that you can't be a Geno fan without worrying constantly about the costume coming back... But let's be honest.
He wasn't in Hero's pack.
He wasn't in Banjo's pack.
He wasn't in Byleth's pack.
Why would he be in the ARMS pack ?

Some people would say "Rocket punches"... But if it's a more fitting reason to add him than "Square Enix property" or "Nostalgic character like Banjo" , then I'm baffled at Nintendo's logic.
I think it is unlikely to expect Geno in the ARMS presentation, but it's not impossible. Let's be honest it made little sense to reveal Rabbids and Assassin's Creed alongside Byleth. Sure, they're not returning costumes like Geno; but if Assassins's Creed leaked ahead of time, I doubt people would think that it means Byleth. Likewise, the Square content only come with Square characters is based around a sample size of 2 Square DLC characters, which isn't really sufficient enough to be 100% confident.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
To temper my expectations I'm only gonna be expecting the ARMS character and nothing more. If 7 is revealed, I'll be happy. If not, I expected it and can just focus on how fun the character probably is.
That's what happened with terry. Low expectations people. Low expectations

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Blame Nintendo starving us and conditioning us not to expect anything but the bare minimum
I doubt that was very much the intention. I am personally excited to see if there is any more stuff coming down the woodwork now that it seems like companies E3 reveals are finally coming into the open.

Last edited:

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Cacomallow is real, but they've already turned a major Western AAA to mii costumes with Ubisoft. That said if Cacomallow is real, I would find it super strange if we just get Cacodemon with no Doomguy Mii costume, likewise I thought us getting AC + Rabbids with no Rayman was super weird too.
The difference is that Ubisoft already had representation in the game, whereas with Bethesda, it would be a brand-new, unrepresented third party - something which hasn’t happened at all so far. Not to say it can’t happen, it would just be strange given how things have been so far

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You say this while Ubisoft is sitting in the corner with 1 spirit and 2 Mii Costumes
Ubisoft just had a high-profile crossover with the Mario franchise that got at least three spirits in Smash. (the only ones from Mario + Rabbids that come to mind are Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Kong, along with Rayman himself) It probably also helps that Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan. Bethesda doesn't have something like that, so that could be why the situations are different.

Then again, I'm not sure about the specifics behind deals like this; I still find it weird that they've gotten permission to use Rayman for two Smash games now but only included him as a collectible.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Just a little something I learned about, thought you guys might be interested.

Look at the highlights in this image's background
1592588337970.png

And for comparison: The swirls in the background for every other ARMS character in the character select. It only matches Spring Man, Springtron (the robot clone) and Max Brass (the first to own the title Spring Man).

1592588875279.png

I don't know how much significance this holds, but the decision to use that as a background almost feels deliberate.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think it is unlikely to expect Geno in the ARMS presentation, but it's not impossible. Let's be honest it made little sense to reveal Rabbids and Assassin's Creed alongside Byleth. Sure, they're not returning costumes like Geno; but if Assassins's Creed leaked ahead of time, I doubt people would think that it means Byleth. Likewise, the Square content only come with Square characters is based around a sample size of 2 Square DLC characters, which isn't really sufficient enough to be 100% confident.
Yeah , it can happen , but it would make little sense. Especially considering how Sakurai gave the red carpet to the costume back in Sm4sh , he's aware that it's a big deal for some people , it would be weird for him to be there like that.

So yeah , I agree with you , but if it happen , I will just wonder why they did it that way.

(Also , more than 100 people on the thread ! Feel free to screenshot me if Geno's costume get revealed to get your BTFO points on social medias :4pacman: !)

Last edited by a moderator:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Just a little something I learned about, thought you guys might be interested.

Look at the highlights in this image's background
View attachment 275335

And for comparison: The swirls in the background for every other ARMS character in the character select. It only matches Spring Man, Springtron (the robot clone) and Max Brass (the first to own the title Spring Man).

View attachment 275338

I don't know how much significance this holds, but the decision to use that as a background almost feels deliberate.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the character select screen has the exact same pattern in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom