• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Thinking about the situation we’ll probably get an announcement for when to expect news on fighter 7 so that there’s no anger from the community. It’ll be mostly gameplay, spirits and then the mii costumes and then probably towards the end they’ll give us a date for when we can expect more news on fighter 7

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Terrifying theory is that we’re going to be excited that the Arms character confirms spirit promotions, but Geno’s Mii costume is also returning.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Dont expect any nintendo directs. We all saw tbose reports about nintendo telling companies not to expect to have their stuff announced on directs till september.

That doesnt mean we cant get a trailer drop here or there, or event nintendo having the trailer drop in a non nintendo presentation. In fact i think its more likely that may happen now. Maybe we will see fighter 7 on monday as well... just at the summer games fest instead.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Don't tell Nintendo, but I got the ARMS fighter early and I decided I'm gonna leak the character. This character is a literal miss-mash of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl combined in to one. The character is dubbed as "Spring Girl". Just ignore the Mii Brawler text on the Punch Out screen haha its just a glitch in the game's code and I don't want people to think it messes with my credibility.

Ea4kYhsUMAUKnpq.jpg

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm pretty excited for Monday and I can't wait to see who this fighter is!

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Don't tell Nintendo, but I got the ARMS fighter early and I decided I'm gonna leak the character. This character is a literal miss-mash of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl combined in to one. The character is dubbed as "Spring Girl". Just ignore the Mii Brawler text on the Punch Out screen haha its just a glitch in the game's code and I don't want people to think it messes with my credibility.

View attachment 275316

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm pretty excited for Monday and I can't wait to see who this fighter is!
Wonder if the poor secondary character in the presentation (the one that just stands there while Sakurai controls and demonstrates the main character) will be a Mii Brawler with either the Spring Man or Ribbon Girl costume?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • MFW we finally get news but we also waited 5 months for nothing but the Arms rep
1575683786595.jpg

They REALLY don't care about general hype flatlining at all huh? I mean yea it's probably an upgrade and I'm sure that's going to generate a giant amount of discussion but who knows if any of it pays off with bigger characters.
Dont expect any nintendo directs. We all saw tbose reports about nintendo telling companies not to expect to have their stuff announced on directs till september.

That doesnt mean we cant get a trailer drop here or there, or event nintendo having the trailer drop in a non nintendo presentation. In fact i think its more likely that may happen now. Maybe we will see fighter 7 on monday as well... just at the summer games fest instead.
The Summer Game Fest Monday reveal is 100% Crash. Nintendo isn't even listed as a partner for Summer Game Fest. They just seem to have linearly pushed everything back a few months. Paper Mario was probably meant to be revealed in March, the Arms character was probably meant to be out in April, it seems like they've just shoved their schedule back a month or two for everything reveal-wise.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Terrifying theory is that we’re going to be excited that the Arms character confirms spirit promotions, but Geno’s Mii costume is also returning.
I highly doubt it. While it's not a guarentee, SquareEnix have historically been the only company that's partnered with Smash to have all of their content in their own separate presentations.
  • Cloud was revealed on his own as the only new Smash content.
  • The wave of Mii Costumes that included the Geno Costume and the Chocobo Hat was not only the only wave to contain two Mii Fighter costumes, but also the only wave to contain costumes exclusively from a single company. This is especially bizarre since Mii Costume waves during Smash 4 typically ranged from 6-8 costumes per wave.
  • Hero's Mii Costume wave in Ultimate is also not only the the only wave to contain costumes exclusively from a single company once again, but also currently stands as the wave with the fewest costumes at 4.
If history repeats itself, I think it's very unlikely that we'll be seeing any SquareEnix costumes alongside the ARMS Fighter.

The question then becomes when are 7 and 8 revealed?
I'm betting on the next Nintendo Direct in September.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Watch Nintendo give us the mega-screw and reveal Master Mummy beside the Geno Mii costume thus solidifying the spirits/AT's deconfirm rule and giving us the finger all at the same time. I swear to you, if that actually happens, I'm boycotting the entire pass just to throw my own middle finger back at them.

Not really. The damn fighters pass was announced 6 months ago and we're only just now getting 1 reveal that isn't even tier 1 hype. We've had a precedent of at least 2 reveals per E3 for several years and yet this time Nintendo completely fell flat despite their competitors running strong. I'm fully allowed to be disappointed.
Well you're damn sure acting cynical about it, just chill out.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

View attachment 275316

No thumbs up Ken, clearly fake.

God I'm glad the wait is nearly over though. Stinks we dunno who's next but I doubt it will take that long. I just want some new content and a patch to look forward to.

Last edited:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Well, time to make my first crazy theory about the ARMS character, this 90% doesn't mean nothing but I wanted to point it out anyways:

Ea4RNz0U4AI8u8D.jpg

So, this image really caught my attention, most specifically, the background of the image is really interesting. Why you ask? Well, I have seen that background before, when playing the Grand Prix mode in ARMS, every character makes an introduction screen before the fight as you can see in the next video:

Notice those backgrounds in the introduction? Almost every character has his own background style, and there's a few of them that match the background on the Smash announcement:

20200619_171953.jpg

There's three characters that have the background seen in the Smash announcement, and those characters are Spring Man, Springtron and... Max Brass...

But as I said in the beginning of this post this doesn't mean anything at all because that background is also used on the character selection screen in ARMS:

m2k63nh5g4yy.jpg

So, yeah, this was a huge waste of time, but I had fun making it, so It was worth it lol.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo didn't say there weren't going to be doing Directs, Nintendo told third parties to not send them stuff to reveal for Directs until September. This means that Nintendo can still do a literal Nintendo Direct but it would only be games and series they specifically own.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Nintendo didn't say there weren't going to be doing Directs, Nintendo told third parties to not send them stuff to reveal for Directs until September. This means that Nintendo can still do a literal Nintendo Direct but it would only be games and series they specifically own.
Plus, Smash Bros DLC is a different beast altogether

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well, time to make my first crazy theory about the ARMS character, this 90% doesn't mean nothing but I wanted to point it out anyways:

View attachment 275317

So, this image really caught my attention, most specifically, the background of the image is really interesting. Why you ask? Well, I have seen that background before, when playing the Grand Prix mode in ARMS, every character makes an introduction screen before the fight as you can see in the next video:

Notice those backgrounds in the introduction? Almost every character has his own background style, and there's a few of them that match the background on the Smash announcement:

View attachment 275320

There's three characters that have the background seen in the Smash announcement, and those characters are Spring Man, Springtron and... Max Brass...

But as I said in the begining of this post this doesn't mean anything at all because that background is also used on the character selection screen in ARMS:

View attachment 275321

So, yeah, this was a huge waste of time, but I had fun making it, so It was worth it lol.
Holy ****, I think you just cracked the code! If this is true, then it's no doubt going to be Spring Man with a Springtron alt.

Firox

Smash Master
Well you're damn sure acting cynical about it, just chill out.
As I've said, my frustrations are fully warranted based on the fact that Nintendo has been a repeated let down all year. Forgive me for not being blindly optimistic but I don't have a lot of reason to think that they'll break that trend anytime soon. I'll go ahead and leave the subject alone for now but if you've got a problem with a negative view on the topic, deal with it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
  • MFW we finally get news but we also waited 5 months for nothing but the Arms rep
View attachment 275318
They REALLY don't care about general hype flatlining at all huh? I mean yea it's probably an upgrade and I'm sure that's going to generate a giant amount of discussion but who knows if any of it pays off with bigger characters.

The Summer Game Fest Monday reveal is 100% Crash. Nintendo isn't even listed as a partner for Summer Game Fest. They just seem to have linearly pushed everything back a few months. Paper Mario was probably meant to be revealed in March, the Arms character was probably meant to be out in April, it seems like they've just shoved their schedule back a month or two for everything reveal-wise.
True, but they still couldnjust surprise and throe the trailer there, and thats the only nintendo thing. Its not likely but not impossible. Nintendo could have asked not to show their name there to keep the surprise.

True, and we could just get first party only mini directs. Just saying we need to keep our expectations in check :)

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I remember playing SM at launch and thinking Yungoos would be a weird but kinda cool edition for Smash and this is the first time on the internet that he had ever been suggested even if it was by random.

Anyway we will see what character comes. As Nate Drake seems to think it's an obvious pick through their gender I have to admit that means it's probably Springman. Females pretty much have three (RG, MM and TT) who all have equal merit but males pretty much have Ninjara, Springman and Max Brass. Solo Ninjara is probably a no go and I don't really think anyone would pick Max Brass over the main mascot as it's pretty much prominent vs even more prominent (at least promotional material wise). I can only imagine Brass being picked if spirits do deconfirm which I doubt.

Wasn't there some apparent Mii costume rumours here? If so, how likely are they to pop up in the ARMS update

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Man, the Mii costume segment is gonna gimmie heart palpitations.
Seriously, it's all I'm gonna give a crap about on Monday because I'm pretty sure we're getting solo SM. Cacodemon would be an autolock for Geno which would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I guess there are some costumes to look out for. Costumes from Mii Costumes guy’s list that continue to prove credibility of Mallow and Smithy and Cacodemon which I say that would drastically increases Geno’s chances especially if it looks identical to the leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess there are some costumes to look out for. Costumes from Mii Costumes guy’s list that continue to prove credibility of Mallow and Smithy and Cacodemon which I say that would drastically increases Geno’s chances especially if it looks identical to the leak.
Just to make sure, which leak was it, again?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Curious to see what this new streaming setup is gonna look like. Also looking forward to more Sakurai memes.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

View attachment 275316

I don't see Ken with his thumb up. You're lying.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
>MFW watching the ARMS fighter presentation and it gets to the Mii Fighter costume section...

Seriously though, for me at least, those sections feel more tense than they should be. You never know when your most wanted can just get hit with the deconfirm hammer so casually.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Even if there is no new fighter reveal, there will definitely be new amiibo waves for the DLC fighters, which should give us a time frame when we can expect the other fighters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys... Geno's not going to be one of ARMS' Mii costumes for the simple fact that all the returning Mii costumes so far been done in pairs. This means that ARMS would have to get Geno AND the Chocobo hat for literally no reason. Even if you're pessimistic about Geno's chances, that axe is definitely not going to fall during the ARMS pack.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Guys... Geno's not going to be one of ARMS' Mii costumes for the simple fact that all the returning Mii costumes so far been done in pairs. This means that ARMS would have to get Geno AND the Chocobo hat for literally no reason. Even if you're pessimistic about Geno's chances, that axe is definitely not going to fall during the ARMS pack.
Yeah they didn’t hold back a Geno costume and Chocobo Hat from Hero just to unceremoniously bring them back for an ARMS character

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
As Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 have said, the logical and sensible side of me agrees with that.

There is just that little voice in my head, or at least meme, when it comes to Nintendo with Smash:

raw.png

:ultpiranha::ultbyleth:

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I feel like if there is a Geno Mii costume it'd come with whoever the next Square Enix character is. I'd find it really random to just hold off Chocobo and Geno if there was no 2nd Square Enix character

Now I don't know how Nintendo works so for all I know they could just randomly hold off on Geno for the lulz and I really wouldn't be THAT surprised, but that'd be super unlikely given everything we've seen so far imo

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Just to make sure, which leak was it, again?
The Mii Costume List was posted in mid-July of 2019. It correctly called all of Banjo's Mii Fighter costumes sans... well, Sans. It listed Mallow and Smithy are getting costumes as well, which so far haven't come to fruition just yet.
MiiCostumeList1.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah they didn’t hold back a Geno costume and Chocobo Hat from Hero just to unceremoniously bring them back for an ARMS character
This along with the fact that we have strong supporting evidence that they're being saved for a Square character of some kind because all the Namco costumes were yoinked too. People disagree with me on the remaining Capcom costumes but I think they're being saved for a Capcom pack as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom