• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Look dude, it’s speculation. Why else would it take twice as long to develop the DLC if they didn’t shrink the team? Smash isn’t a Namco game. It’s a Nintendo game. They’re licensing developers from Namco to make this game. Nintendo makes the most money off of all this. Namco makes ALL the money off of Tekken and Soul Calibur. This it is in Namco’s best interest to put Namco franchises first because it makes Namco the most amount of money.

Do I know this for a fact? Hell no but neither does anyone else so all we can do is speculate and I’d like to think that Sakurai and his entire team isn’t just “lazy” or something.

Pokken sold a **** TON too but you don’t see Nintendo and Namco still pushing out content for it all the time.
Did Pokken actually sell that well though? I know it sold over a million but that's about it. Obviously good and it was a port, but I doubt it it made much in the DLC sales. Obviously Namco has more of an interest in supporting their own franchises first but I just don't see them shrinking the team further when the game has sold as ridiculously well as it has. Even if the team IS smaller, they are also working on less stuff anyway since they aren't doing any new modes. It just doesn't justify the December 2021 date.

D

Deleted member

Meh, not excited about the new Crash game for reasons I don't want to post here.

Guess It is cool for the remaining Crash fans doh.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think we maybe getting something tomorrow, because of all of the teases out of nowhere and insiders outing that they know who the ARMS rep is. Based on the fact that Imran said it's super weird that the ARMS character hasn't released could mean a small delay, but I think he would know about any other delays, so there's something else holding it back. With that in mind, I'm 99.99% sure we're getting more than one character with the next presentation (which could be as soon as a shadowdrop tomorrow).

This may be it, ladies and gentlemen... We're in the endgame now.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The floodgates are about to pop-off harder than the Kero Sewers with these banger leaks popping up. CP 6 so far is still hush, but the Crash Bandicoot game needs the official announcement A.S.A.P.!

Huh... now that I think about it, Crash Bandicoot 4 truly is a wish come true for Crash fans (imo). So many dreams coming true lately. Could it be the work of... the Star Road?! :eek:

*Geno Beam intensifies*

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The floodgates are about to pop-off harder than the Kero Sewers with these banger leaks popping up. CP 6 so far is still hush, but the Crash Bandicoot game needs the official announcement A.S.A.P.!

Huh... now that I think about it, Crash Bandicoot 4 truly is a wish come true for Crash fans (imo). So many dreams coming true lately. Could it be the work of... the Star Road?! :eek:

*Geno Beam intensifies*
It's pretty obviously the special game reveal at Monday's Summer Game Fest presentation, Activision already revealed the Tony Hawk remasters as part of it last month and this isn't something they just shadowdrop without a proper reveal, there's not really any other events happening they would be apart of.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I think Crash could be 7 and Geno 8 depending on how things play out. Crash would be a huge 3rd party inclusion so I could see them pushing him first if we only get 6 & 7 revealed this month. Geno I can see them holding off for a more general direct later in the year

Then again who knows? I would like Geno to be 7 since it fits so well. The dream scenerio is we get 6, 7, AND 8 this month but not sure how likely that is

Let's hope for some news next week

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Y'know, I was thinking it'd be 7 Geno 8 Crash, but I totally forgot about Sakurai saying he couldn't visit a company (likely Western) due to the pandemic. Starting to make me think 8 is gonna be another Japanese rep and 9 will be Crash (Western).

Just my two cents though.

D

Deleted member

Already shared my predictions in the past but doesn't hurt to share again:

Adobe_20200531_144606.jpg

I'm feeling FP7 Will be a promotion. Hopefully Geno, although he does have good competition.

For FP8 I expect a SEGA rep due to the 60th anniversary and a lot of recent tendencies involving the company to market It. Probably would be a big hitter with impact such as Sakura or Axel Stone.

I'm starting to feel a Square rep (not counting Geno as he is part of the promotion slot) isn't as likely as I thought. That spot may go to Crash alternatively if more stuff keeps coming out which supports him.

Everything else in my predictions basically stays the same. I feel Min Min will get in either as a main fighter or alt.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I think Geno is gonna be 7. We've had both Ridley and Banjo revealed at e3, and if e3 wasn't cancelled this year I definitely could've seen him being revealed right after the arms reveal at the beginning of the Direct or later into the Nintendo Direct like Banjo was last year. Geno is one of the last largely requested characters or never-evers, the others being Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool etc. I'm betting next week on a Tuesday or Thursday is when the Arms reveal will be (fighter will be shadowdropped the day of or the next day), with Geno being revealed at the end of the presentation.

Droodle

Smash Lord
How many times have you guys/gals posted that not everything means Smash, and yet now a ton of people are saying that Crash getting a new game means he super likely to get in Smash.

Literally yesterday, people were saying pokemon getting news/games doesn't make it likely for Smash.

That said, I love Crash so...

D

Deleted member

How many times have you guys/gals posted that not everything means Smash, and yet now a ton of people are saying that Crash getting a new game means he super likely to get in Smash.

Literally yesterday, people were saying pokemon getting news/games doesn't make it likely for Smash.

That said, I love Crash so...
Nah, I have my reasons to doubt the new Crash game confirms Crash.

I'd say the fan demand and the good sales of the past Switch ports help his chances out however.

At least enough to have the Smash team consider him a potential fan-request.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Nah, I have my reasons to doubt the new Crash game confirms Crash.

I'd say the fan demand and the good sales of the past Switch ports help his chances out however.

At least enough to have the Smash team consider him a potential fan-request.
Yeah Crash was always likely/had a good shot. But with the new game leaked, some people here are acting like he's practically confirmed at this point.

The new game literally does nothing for his chances, tons of characters get new games all the time. He's still just as likely as before, and in Smash terms likely means something like a 50-60% chance to get in.

I think Geno is gonna be 7. We've had both Ridley and Banjo revealed at e3, and if e3 wasn't cancelled this year I definitely could've seen him being revealed right after the arms reveal at the beginning of the Direct or later into the Nintendo Direct like Banjo was last year. Geno is one of the last largely requested characters or never-evers, the others being Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool etc. I'm betting next week on a Tuesday or Thursday is when the Arms reveal will be (fighter will be shadowdropped the day of or the next day), with Geno being revealed at the end of the presentation.
I'm more of the thought that Geno is more likely to be 8 then 7. While Geno is highly requested, it isn't on the level of the likes of Ridley/Banjo and he's still "nicher" than them in the grand scheme of things. I think the next character on that level is Waluigi, but I dunno if he'll get in. If he does, then I'd think Geno is pretty unlikely due to being another Mario rep. My bets are on Rayman/Crash/ to be revealed at E3 this year (maybe a potential Rex, especially if the character ends up being Springman).

EDIT: That is to say if we do get an "E3" reveal this year. Who even knows at this point.
Friend sent me this:
Annotation 2020-06-18 234141.png

Crash still has a shot, but it does hurt my confidence a bit.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeah Crash was always likely/had a good shot. But with the new game leaked, some people here are acting like he's practically confirmed at this point.

The new game literally does nothing for his chances, tons of characters get new games all the time. He's still just as likely as before, and in Smash terms likely means something like a 50-60% chance to get in.

I'm more of the thought that Geno is more likely to be 8 then 7. While Geno is highly requested, it isn't on the level of the likes of Ridley/Banjo and he's still "nicher" than them in the grand scheme of things. I think the next character on that level is Waluigi, but I dunno if he'll get in. If he does, then I'd think Geno is pretty unlikely due to being another Mario rep. My bets are on Rayman/Crash/ to be revealed at E3 this year (maybe a potential Rex, especially if the character ends up being Springman).

EDIT: That is to say if we do get an "E3" reveal this year. Who even knows at this point.
Friend sent me this:
View attachment 275281
Crash still has a shot, but it does hurt my confidence a bit.
The Spyro Reignited Trilogy Switch Port didn't get announced until the E3 after it's release and the developer Toys for Bob is also developing this, given it's on current gen platforms and all the other games came to Switch I just think it's going to come later.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did Pokken actually sell that well though? I know it sold over a million but that's about it. Obviously good and it was a port, but I doubt it it made much in the DLC sales. Obviously Namco has more of an interest in supporting their own franchises first but I just don't see them shrinking the team further when the game has sold as ridiculously well as it has. Even if the team IS smaller, they are also working on less stuff anyway since they aren't doing any new modes. It just doesn't justify the December 2021 date.
For all we know it could just be Sora Ltd. developing the game at this point. I mean, who really knows?

Unless you’re saying that each individual character is going to be substantially more fleshed out; with costumes, music, stage cameos, than the previous pass and thus will require far more work for the already established team at which point it’s plausible but with how dynamic all of the characters and stages were in the first Fighter’s Pass it seems unlikely that the second would go so much further beyond that it would require the same team, same size, an extra year of development. The only way it lines up is if the team shrank.

Pokken also did incredibly well in terms of arcade cabinet rentals as well for 2 or more years before it hit Wii U. Then it probably sold closer to 2 million after conglomerating the Wii U and Switch versions. So, yeah it did really well considering it was a brand new property. I think Tekken 7 has sold 4 million? Across all platforms? So half of that is pretty damn good. But that’s not a Namco property. Again it’s in Namco’s best interest to push Namco properties. Hence why Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7, and Dragon Ball FighterZ are all STILL going.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
The Spyro Reignited Trilogy Switch Port didn't get announced until the E3 after it's release and the developer Toys for Bob is also developing this, given it's on current gen platforms and all the other games came to Switch I just think it's going to come later.
That was still nearly a year difference though. At the very least it means Crash 4 likely isn't coming to Switch in the near future, probably not until late next year or so. The game doesn't have any impact on Crash's chances, at least for the near future.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of video game miracles, if I see Konami popping off with some legit announcements of any of the following:
  • a brand new Mystical Ninja (Ganbare Goemon) game, or remake of the first one from the SNES
  • a brand new Adventure Island game (or remake of Super Adventure Island II specifically)
I'ma flip my ish. And going even into more obscure territory, if some madlad indie dev brings back from the depths of the SNES library The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang REMAKE, there could be no greater sign of Heaven's Gates opening (while frighteningly Hell's Gates possibly opening for the real world :().

Other franchise revivals that would really drop some jaws imo would be Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre, and Lufia. Alas, a man can dream.
As HUGE Goemon fan, I would give a arm and a leg for a new Goemon game. I honestly hope Konami brings the Goemon franchise back. He got a Mii costume in Ultimate so they must have something planned for the franchise.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
because of all of the teases out of nowhere and insiders outing that they know who the ARMS rep is.
Wait, what? which insiders? Has something happened recently? You say it as if there were several leaks at the same time.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm starting to think we maybe getting something tomorrow, because of all of the teases out of nowhere and insiders outing that they know who the ARMS rep is. Based on the fact that Imran said it's super weird that the ARMS character hasn't released could mean a small delay, but I think he would know about any other delays, so there's something else holding it back. With that in mind, I'm 99.99% sure we're getting more than one character with the next presentation (which could be as soon as a shadowdrop tomorrow).

This may be it, ladies and gentlemen... We're in the endgame now.
Um, you’re going to have to back some of that up because. If people are teasing stuff about the Arms rep and that they know who the arms rep then it wouldn’t make sense for them to just straight not know who the second one is.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
The funny thing is that I got more predictions right than Sabi and Vergeben got "leaks" right during this whole month, lol.

View attachment 275286

Ignore the Darkrai part doh.
I've made a whole video dunking on Sabi and Vergeben in December.

But IMO, I generally think leaking game information most of the time is done as a way for people to get attention. I mean, it's not for the greater good spoiling these things exist for developers or consumers. I can think of only a handful of leaks that actually was good in the long run.

Sabi and Verge were on the extreme end of attention desiring.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
The next few days are gonna be full of F A K E leaks and a possible raid or two. Keep your expectations low.

QQS

Smash Lord
It would be very nice if the announce the ARMS presentation today Friday, to be showcased on Tuesday. Just to feed our hype for who will be #76, what happens with the “fan rules” and who will be #77.

Next Smash Direct/Presentation could change history, could end this long 2 decades, and a grain of happiness in this f*king semester with virus and no Smash news...

GENO DESCENDS FROM BEYOND!

Heoj

Smash Ace
Im gonna be honest, im kinda salty that nobody just asked nate drake if its a spirit or not...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>People despairing that Crash 4 may not be coming to Switch soon.

>"THE DREAM IS DEAD!"

>Snake, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Richter, Ken, Joker, Banjo, and Terry all didn't have new games coming to Nintendo consoles before getting into Smash.

Stay where you are... I'm coming to each and every single of y'all's houses...

RHV2U2o.png

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Any chance they “shadowdrop” an announcement this morning for a presentation later in the day? It could just be whatever it coming in the second Pokemon Presents today, but we did that one rumor-leak that had dates on it, including today, that would indicate an announcement of some kind

Dukefire

Smash Master
Three Pokemon direct seems that Pokemon wants to dump their news one week at a time. Though, anymore projects GF has in store past the first half of SwSd DLC released and Pokemon Snap 2 made by Namco?

All more the reason that smash news is ready to served as the main course. Is there anything else that Nintendo wants to present first before smash?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Any chance they “shadowdrop” an announcement this morning for a presentation later in the day? It could just be whatever it coming in the second Pokemon Presents today, but we did that one rumor-leak that had dates on it, including today, that would indicate an announcement of some kind
I doubt it. I never heard of a a Nintendo Direct or Presentation taking place on the weekend. Our only hope this month is if the announcement happens on Wednesday or Thursday the exact day or after the Pokemon Presentation takes place.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I doubt it. I never heard of a a Nintendo Direct or Presentation taking place on the weekend. Our only hope this month is if the announcement happens on Wednesday or Thursday the exact day or after the Pokemon Presentation takes place.
Well it’s a good thing that today is Friday then. :p
I meant like an announcement at 10:00AM EST today that there’s going to be the presentation at 4:00PM EST. Not exactly a full shadowdrop like Paper Mario, but still a within-the-same-day announcement-to-reveal timeframe.

It’s a long shot, obviously, but until today ends without an announcement we can’t conclusively say that it won’t happen this week because of past precedent when this whole year so far has been pretty unprecedented and affected the way information has been presented so far

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? which insiders? Has something happened recently? You say it as if there were several leaks at the same time.
ZhugeEx tweeted a Smash GIF(EDIT: It was deleted), NateDrake said he knows the challenger (and deconfirmed Helix), Imran said it was weird that the ARMS character still hasn’t released and also knows who it is, all of this last night. They are more teases than leaks, but they point to something coming really soon.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, based on how Nate Drake and Imran Khan are talking, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that we probably got bamboozled with the ARMS rep. Sounds like it's going to be a super obvious character so if you're expecting beyond solo Springman, Ribbongirl, or Min-Min, you're going to have a bad time. The good news is that it gives a ton of evidence to a lot of our bigger theories:

-The ARMS rep likely wasn't worth the mystery but the wait for more news will be worth it.

-We're likely seeing another Inkling/Lucas situation; a character hard teased in the spring only to be accompanied by at least two others in the summer.

-The ARMS rep is probably a low-ball/obvious pick, setting the stage up extremely well for surprises and megaton reveals.

-The Smash news dump is probably coming in the coming week and just right before the 80th annual investors' meeting.

-If the ARMS rep is an obvious choice, congrats, "promotions can't happen" fan rule just died a hard death. It also helps that it was confirmed to not be Helix.

*Insert Kronk with Geno hat meme here*

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You know, the character reveal being tied into an ARMs sequel was the only thing that made people accept Nintendo dragging their feet on showing who it is. But if it has nothing to do with a sequel, now people are going to get really annoyed that Nintendo waited so long.

They are setting up this ARMs character for a big fall into disappointment. I guess they never actually learned a thing from the Byleth fiasco.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
>People despairing that Crash 4 may not be coming to Switch soon.

>"THE DREAM IS DEAD!"

>Snake, Megaman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Richter, Ken, Joker, Banjo, and Terry all didn't have new games coming to Nintendo consoles before getting into Smash.

Stay where you are... I'm coming to each and every single of y'all's houses...

View attachment 275297
Fat, the switch isn't on Taiwan, why they will rate a version of game for a console which isn't in that country?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, the character reveal being tied into an ARMs sequel was the only thing that made people accept Nintendo dragging their feet on showing who it is. But if it has nothing to do with a sequel, now people are going to get really annoyed that Nintendo waited so long.

They are setting up this ARMs character for a big fall into disappointment. I guess they never actually learned a thing from the Byleth fiasco.
I'd argue they did it on purpose, to set expectations low before blindsiding with more. Like I said, they've already done this twice where they reveal a super obvious pick months in advance, only to bring along multiple fan favorites in the E3 presentation. I kind of agree it was ****ty to keep the ARMS character a mystery but the characters following it are going to have a much bigger impact because of it.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
As HUGE Goemon fan, I would give a arm and a leg for a new Goemon game. I honestly hope Konami brings the Goemon franchise back. He got a Mii costume in Ultimate so they must have something planned for the franchise.
That's a terrible deal. If you give an arm you won't be able to actually play the game. You should give both your legs instead.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I'd argue they did it on purpose, to set expectations low before blindsiding with more. Like I said, they've already done this twice where they reveal a super obvious pick months in advance, only to bring along multiple fan favorites in the E3 presentation. I kind of agree it was ****ty to keep the ARMS character a mystery but the characters following it are going to have a much bigger impact because of it.
Well at least Springman is kind of semi-hype, in that he deconfirms both the Spirits-rule as well as the AT-rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom