• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpderp06

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I just wanted to post a nice video real quick about someone who talks about geno's chances. Sometimes I feel like in this i feel very confident in genos chances because of this geno bubble in smashboards, but its nice to see an outsider talk about the character. https://youtu.be/e8fC0jkS4-8

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Seriously, I thought people would stop trying to bring up Jon after the Sabi fiasco but apparently not.
Hey.
I didn’t know where else to go.

I had this dream last night where SMRPG has been remade in the style of M&L games.
I was playing as Mario & Luigi, but pretty sure I could swap Luigi for either Bowser or Peach (dunno where Mallow was lol).

But I made it as far as the Forest Maze, where it was a mess of puzzle platforming. I started doubting that what I was playing was real because I was like “hey.. wasn’t Geno like a late addition to the party?” (And the Forest maze here was like the second map).

I don’t think I got to see him, but my mind made me an image of what he would look like in that style, and now I want it.

Would you guys want a M&L style remake? Or would you prefer a 1:1 perfect remake?
So I'm playing through the game for my first real time right now (I'm at Nimbus Land after only 3 days, can you tell if I like this game?) and without going too much into it alot of the stuff I like about it are things that I think it does better than Mario and Luigi, such as just the general area/map/puzzle design, the pacing, the speed of both battles/movement, I understand Mario and Luigi has a place but I prefer how SMRPG handles everything.

Last edited:

Franauts

Smash Cadet
As a recap, "Mii Costume Guy" is a codename given to an insider who has been in connection with Papageno's network since about last Spring. He's been given this name because his first feat that was made public was correctly leaking Banjo's Mii costumes last July. Since then, he has also successfully leaked Terry's spirit board in September, Byleth's ALTs and stage in October (I didn't get this information until December). There's a language barrier (presumably Japanese) and he typically talks through "in-betweens" because of this. Because of that, sometimes there are translation errors like how Terry's spirit board was interpreted as Mii costumes and Byleth's ALTs were thought to be literal Mii costumes.

Since last summer, he's released a good amount of information but a lot of it hasn't come true yet. A vast majority of it has been Mii costumes. Through various conversations with Mii Costume Guy and his In-betweens, these are the Mii costumes he has put out since December:

-Ms. Pac-Man
-Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
-Gooigi
-Elecman
-KOS-MOS
-Cuphead
-Kris (Deltarune)
-Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Arle (Puyo Pop)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
-Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

And four costumes that were recommended to be kept secret:

-One heavily connected to Nintendo
-One heavily connected to Square
-One heavily connected to Microsoft
-One heavily connected to Sony

For the record, Mii Costume Guy hasn't put out anything new since about mid December.

I never would have thought of the mii costumes the guy mentions. At first they seem like random guesses, but now that I think about it, each one sounds quite reasonable.

-Pac-man celebrates 40 years, Ms. Pac-Man has been quite loved since the term "echo" exists.
-Elec Man already had an assist trophy, working with an existing model would be easier than doing it from scratch, he's a very popular Robot Master (also it seems that the megaman series receives a lot of mii gunners for obvius reasons).
-I live in Mexico, and just as King of Fighters is loved here, the same can be said of Hollow Knight, in the Mexican eshop the game costs like 6 or 7 dollars, it is always in the best-selling section, even higher than titles on offer or AAA games, most of my acquaintances and friends love it or at least recognize it.
-When they released the Cuphead Mii they did a spirit event. I find it strange that they have not done the same with Sans yet, maybe they are waiting for Kris's mii to do it.

I hope Geno is part of Volume 2, and if it isn't, it would be cool if it was that secret square mii costume.

I hadn't heard anything about that leaker, thanks for clearing it up, I'm looking forward to that Arle Nadja Costume.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm still hoping an Axem Rangers Mii set comes with Geno. They'd be perfect for big group battles.

The Axems look kinda goofy, but they're actually pretty powerful compared to, say, Bowser's troops that Mario usually faces. The hammer bro at the beginning of SMRPG has an attack power of 6, compared to Axem Red's 150, for instance. Do you think they successfully conquered other worlds for Smithy and just happened to meet their match when they ran into Mario? ...Like, are they Smithy's equivalent of the Ginyu Force?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
is this the guy that said Ori or was that someone else?
the Ori theme is difficult, look, there is Drunk Cat (The guy who leaked Everything from Hero and Banjo in 4Chan shortly before E3 2020, including his codenames in the game code), as with all leaker many people try to imitate him (One day there was a guy who claimed to be him and said that KosMos was CP5 and that Hayabusa and Reimu were in development, that was false) because a guy who claims to be Drunk cat says that there will be some Ori in Smash (In the same way Vergeben with Minecraft before learning it was a leakbait from its source to hide Banjo) but no one talks about it because we don't know if it's Drunk Cat or an impostor

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the Ori theme is difficult, look, there is Drunk Cat (The guy who leaked Everything from Hero and Banjo in 4Chan shortly before E3 2020, including his codenames in the game code), as with all leaker many people try to imitate him (One day there was a guy who claimed to be him and said that KosMos was CP5 and that Hayabusa and Reimu were in development, that was false) because a guy who claims to be Drunk cat says that there will be some Ori in Smash (In the same way Vergeben with Minecraft before learning it was a leakbait from its source to hide Banjo) but no one talks about it because we don't know if it's Drunk Cat or an impostor
You mean Ori as playable or as a costume? Cause in my context i was refering to Ori as a costume

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Let me explain: He back in July posted a list of Miis: Goemon, Team Rocket, Zero And Protoman (All banjo's miis expect Sans) he claims that Smithy, Mallow and Chocobo miis exist, He knew about Terry spirit board, Byleth's skins, Cuphead, he think Googi, the knight from Hollow Knight and Kris from deltarune are also miis
I wanna believe that guy is reliable, but didn't he say Crash was CP5?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So I know some were talking about it earlier but, I'm really surprised about the huge lack of Mario RPG music. There's plenty of tracks to pull from that would work perfectly in Smash

Even if Square only allows 2 songs, there should be no excuse for a short track selection because there's still plenty of Mario RPG songs out there not under Square

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
He just said "Something Ori related is Coming"
Maybe the sequel Ori and the Will of the Wisps finally ported to the Switch. Now we have only Ori 1 (Blind Forest) ported. By the way, I played and loved Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch and this guy has so much potential in Smash, like the Knight.

You can see Ori joining the battle in this game also, Rivals of Aether. Haven’t played this fighting game yet but since I loved Ori 1, Im really looking forward to Ori 2 (when it’s ported to Switch) and maybe Rivals of Aether (already on Switch, Xbox 1 and Windows).

CC55A0A3-D6FA-4133-B659-1200F0C6A3CD.jpeg

It would be nice to see these guys with amazing games as full fighters in Smash. I really doubt it but it would be amazing. Though I think the Knight will be a costume. Hope if that happens, they make him very small like in real game, probably Pichu size.

Back to our topic, Geno is about to shine like a Star very soon...

Droodle

Smash Lord
Maybe the sequel Ori and the Will of the Wisps finally ported to the Switch. Now we have only Ori 1 (Blind Forest) ported. By the way, I played and loved Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch and this guy has so much potential in Smash, like the Knight.

You can see Ori joining the battle in this game also, Rivals of Aether. Haven’t played this fighting game yet but since I loved Ori 1, Im really looking forward to Ori 2 (when it’s ported to Switch) and maybe Rivals of Aether (already on Switch, Xbox 1 and Windows).

View attachment 274123

It would be nice to see these guys with amazing games as full fighters in Smash. I really doubt it but it would be amazing. Though I think the Knight will be a costume. Hope if that happens, they make him very small like in real game, probably Pichu size.

Back to our topic, Geno is about to shine like a Star very soon...
Chances are that Ori 2 won't be ported to the Switch, at least unless there are severe graphical readjustments. The game already runs extremely meh on the Xbox One. They really stepped up in the effects department compared to Ori 1, so it'd be difficult to port to the Switch without toning a lot of that down. That said I think Ori is pretty likely to be a mii swordfighter costume/deluxe mii costume.

Also we're likely a couple days away from 6's official reveal (and potentially 7), chances are that it'll end up being this week. If it comes next week, then it'll align with the Sword and Shield DLC, and usually Nintendo doesn't like overlapping content. That said, judging by the lack of leaks; I do think they'll pull a Byleth and release the actual character at the end of the month. I predict 7 will release in late August/Early September, unless circumstances complicate things. We may end up getting a September direct (8 reveal), because as far as I can tell most JP companies seem to be going back to the offices now; but Nintendo may just change their entire marketing strategy for this year instead.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you know I think you’re awesome and so well spoken and trustworthy.

If one of those secret Mii costumes gets revealed with Arms, will you have the receipts to prove it? Not that I don’t trust you, but I think it will REALLY rally this fan base in a positive way. Does that make sense? Clearly this contact has gotten previous stuff correct, but the more they get correct, the more I feel like it increases our certainty in Mallow and Smithy, thus increasing our certainty in Geno.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you know I think you’re awesome and so well spoken and trustworthy.

If one of those secret Mii costumes gets revealed with Arms, will you have the receipts to prove it? Not that I don’t trust you, but I think it will REALLY rally this fan base in a positive way. Does that make sense? Clearly this contact has gotten previous stuff correct, but the more they get correct, the more I feel like it increases our certainty in Mallow and Smithy, thus increasing our certainty in Geno.
Yep. Locked and loaded. I got numerous receipts going back to December on this particular topic. Lots of my own confidants know it too so a good number of people will be able to speak up on it.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Scrolling down Twitter, I saw this tweet and thought of sharing it with ya'll. Going by what is stated, it would seem that this upcoming week would have been E3 2020.

It would seem that this might be the week we see some noteworthy announcements (and hopefully Smash related announcements).

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Scrolling down Twitter, I saw this tweet and thought of sharing it with ya'll. Going by what is stated, it would seem that this upcoming week would have been E3 2020.

It would seem that this might be the week we see some noteworthy announcements (and hopefully Smash related announcements).
Man, curse this dirty plague for messing with my yearly E3 plans, no three hour boring ass Xbox event, no awful Ubisoft one, no Bethesda one full of paid actors and no getting up at the crack of dawn for Nintendo's. Then again, if Nintendo does any thing this week, it'll still be early in the morning of course, so at least one thing is still here. One awful and inconvenient thing...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Prediction.

Announcement at 10:30AM Eastern time Tuesday for Smash showcase set for 1PM Eastern Wednesday. Video will be 34 minutes long.

Let's see how well I can predict this.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
As a recap, "Mii Costume Guy" is a codename given to an insider who has been in connection with Papageno's network since about last Spring. He's been given this name because his first feat that was made public was correctly leaking Banjo's Mii costumes last July. Since then, he has also successfully leaked Terry's spirit board in September, Byleth's ALTs and stage in October (I didn't get this information until December). There's a language barrier (presumably Japanese) and he typically talks through "in-betweens" because of this. Because of that, sometimes there are translation errors like how Terry's spirit board was interpreted as Mii costumes and Byleth's ALTs were thought to be literal Mii costumes.

Since last summer, he's released a good amount of information but a lot of it hasn't come true yet. A vast majority of it has been Mii costumes. Through various conversations with Mii Costume Guy and his In-betweens, these are the Mii costumes he has put out since December:

-Ms. Pac-Man
-Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
-Gooigi
-Elecman
-KOS-MOS
-Cuphead
-Kris (Deltarune)
-Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Arle (Puyo Pop)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
-Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

And four costumes that were recommended to be kept secret:

-One heavily connected to Nintendo
-One heavily connected to Square
-One heavily connected to Microsoft
-One heavily connected to Sony

For the record, Mii Costume Guy hasn't put out anything new since about mid December.
Looks like that Mii Costume guy was right about the Cuphead costume. And I see Mallow, 1 point for the Cacomallow leak, and also a Hollow Knight costume. If the remix is Sealed Vessel, then the LoL rep leak is confirmed.

So aside from an Arms rep, we're most likely getting Geno, Doomslayer, and an LoL rep.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting this week, possibly Wednesday or Thursday we'll see who the Arms fighter is and hopefully the next fighter. I'm keeping my expectations in check but its just so exciting! It may finally be Geno's time! :grin:

NordicOS

Smash Rookie
It's been June for quite some time now. I'm hoping for the ARMS reveal this upcoming week. Personally, I want Spring Man, because he disproves all the dumbass detractor rules, and he puts a bunch of points toward our boi Geno and ma boi Rayman. I feel that Geno's time is now.

link2702

Smash Champion
It's been June for quite some time now. I'm hoping for the ARMS reveal this upcoming week. Personally, I want Spring Man, because he disproves all the dumbass detractor rules, and he puts a bunch of points toward our boi Geno and ma boi Rayman. I feel that Geno's time is now.
It's literally been just the first week. Settle down. Even as tired as I've been at waiting for the update, I didn't expect it to drop the first week.

Relax, if i was to guess, it'll be sometime next week.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So, as a recap, here's what points to Geno being a summer 2020 announcement that has come out in 2020:

Tinfoil Hat Stuff:

-Jeff Grubb repeatedly retweeting SMRPG quotes.

-Jon Cartwright seemingly teasing at a star themed Mario character for #7 in a recent Tweet.

Past Precedent Stuff:

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had at least one notable third party reveal. (2018 counts because it highlighted Snake's return.)

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had a least one notable fan favorite reveal.

-With DLC, Nintendo seems to work with companies it has already worked with first. 6 being first party supports this theory and suggests 7 will be a third party already in Smash.

Notable Coincidences in 2020:

-Smash Legacy presumably getting C&D'd (typically when this happens Nintendo has similar plans or wants to use certain ideas in future games)

-Trials of Mana, a Square Enix game, being the only brand new game to get a spirit event for its launch.

-Mii Costume Guy correctly naming not only Byleth's ALTs but Byleth's stage. (Said Mallow and Smithy costumes were eventually coming last July.)

-Cacomallow still not disproven.

-SMRPG still not on the NSO, making it one of three major games tied to first party franchises and the only major Mario game still MIA.

-35th Super Mario Bros anniversary. Many games being remade or rereleased.

-Polish Smash Amiibo leak in May that showed Cloud and several Mario characters getting rereleases in September.

I think that's everything for the past 6 months.
Golly gee Fatman, from being here in the thread for months I remember most of this stuff, but even I forgot about some of the details you listed. ...yeah, I'm agreeing with KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 on this one. There are too many things that just make it feel like people could brush off all of these details as "coincidences." Now it is likely that some of those details don't mean much of anything, but like KCCHIEF brought about Banjo & Kazooie, it seems like it may not be a question of "if" but "when" now. I think you Geno lads and lassies should get hyp-

...wait. Oh no, everyone get down! The anti-Geno brigade is on the horizon and in full force! If Geno is imminent, then shield yourselves from the negativity that is on the horizon.

*Geno fans preparing themselves for the influx of haters once the pessimists realize too many things are in Geno's favor now
IMG_20200223_185827.jpg

(Replace "he's" with "they're")

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
so any insider talking on when this reveal will be, this week or next?
Not that I know of, if not this week, then maybe next? Nintendo NEEDS to release something about the fighter's Pass 2. Granted, I am sure a huge number of people have pre-ordered it, but I am hoping a large number like myself will wait until we see something good, like I did with Banjo. I am not a fan, personally, of rewarding something before seeing it. Although I know Sakurai and his team puts so much effort in it, but Nintendo makes the choice on the fighters if doable ... regardless if they are wanted or not. Makes me worry ... but we got K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo (DLC) ... but we also got quite a few that were not requested at all and a complete shill/advertisement pick for DLC, who I will not name (Well, the advertisement and the mook choice from the begining.)

Sigh, I am sorry for being so gloomy ... I want to be excited, seriously do ... which depending on the ARMS rep will either excite me or just bring darkness. (I originally thought there could be a "neutral" option, via DLC or an ARMS 2, but the video that was displayed for the ARMS rep was pretty explicit on who it could be from the ARMS 1 roster ... so its a 50/50 instead of a 33.33/33.33/33.333 ... so an improvement on odds I think!)

Go Geno. I will say with out a doubt his chances have never been greater. Can't argue with that! (Though haters will do so despite the improved odds ... let alone if he is announced will still be haters. LOL.)

Maybe a tweet on Tuesday for a Thursday reveal?

Fatman bring me some joy!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not that I know of, if not this week, then maybe next? Nintendo NEEDS to release something about the fighter's Pass 2. Granted, I am sure a huge number of people have pre-ordered it, but I am hoping a large number like myself will wait until we see something good, like I did with Banjo. I am not a fan, personally, of rewarding something before seeing it. Although I know Sakurai and his team puts so much effort in it, but Nintendo makes the choice on the fighters if doable ... regardless if they are wanted or not. Makes me worry ... but we got K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo (DLC) ... but we also got quite a few that were not requested at all and a complete shill/advertisement pick for DLC, who I will not name (Well, the advertisement and the mook choice from the begining.)

Sigh, I am sorry for being so gloomy ... I want to be excited, seriously do ... which depending on the ARMS rep will either excite me or just bring darkness. (I originally thought there could be a "neutral" option, via DLC or an ARMS 2, but the video that was displayed for the ARMS rep was pretty explicit on who it could be from the ARMS 1 roster ... so its a 50/50 instead of a 33.33/33.33/33.333 ... so an improvement on odds I think!)

Go Geno. I will say with out a doubt his chances have never been greater. Can't argue with that! (Though haters will do so despite the improved odds ... let alone if he is announced will still be haters. LOL.)

Maybe a tweet on Tuesday for a Thursday reveal?

Fatman bring me some joy!
This was gonna be e3 week so I am expecting some news to drop about some stuff.

I feel like most insiders are either dead or trapped in Nintendo's Shadow Realm at this point.
I think any outright character leaks are not happening, but a date of when announcments will happen is more likely.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm glad to see how optimistic people are in this thread. It's a nice change of pace from what I can see elsewhere.

We're in the second week now , that's when we can start expecting announcements ! I would say to get in the hype train but , instead...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Get in the Hype Car , Mallow is our driver tonight.

QQS

Smash Lord
2252D546-88FF-40CE-9669-554F3E4C8402.jpeg

LET THE GOOD TIMES BEGIN AND HOPE THAT THE STARS ALIGN!

GENO BURSTS INTO THE PARTY!

(Credits on the photo to Ginzoman on Deviant Art)

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Any news on Geno or DLC 7 ( Plant is 1)?
My guess is that the arms character is gonna drop by the last tuesday or thursday of this month

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
With Geno's reveal potentially days away, I have a question. How many of ya'll are going to stick around on the Geno social if and when it happens? I know a lot of people will move on to other character threads or quit speculation altogether, but it would be nice if a lot of this community stuck together.

Firox

Smash Master
I feel like most insiders are either dead or trapped in Nintendo's Shadow Realm at this point.
LOL Nintendo's Shadow Realm is no joke. If you're gonna play children's card games, you better play to win....or at least pool enough friendship power to cheat effectively.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With Geno's reveal potentially days away, I have a question. How many of ya'll are going to stick around on the Geno social if and when it happens? I know a lot of people will move on to other character threads or quit speculation altogether, but it would be nice if a lot of this community stuck together.
I'd stick around. Plus, there are other character support threads I would visit

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
In the event Geno gets in and we get a character thread/channel, I will be sticking around to help develop it during the beginning of his meta. I'll absolutely be done with speculation (which would be a blessing) and I'll really just be focused with playj g the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom