• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm pretty open with my IRL identity because I figured being more than just a Popeye avatar would give me a more human element because of how often I'm accused of being a liar, con-man, etc. I've got an almost 14 year history on this site alone and was a staff member TWICE so just the tiniest bit of research would show this isn't a charade and I'm genuine about not only Geno the character but the Geno fanbase and yet, here we are. I don't ask for money, I don't have a Twitter, I don't upload videos, I don't have my own Discord channel, I deliberately turned down being one of the main people behind Operation Starfall, etc. It's wild because if I was really was trying to be a famous leaker or con scores of people, I'm definitely half-assing it to umpteenth degree by predominantly posting rumors, theories, and speculation on a dying website that maaaaybe has a couple thousand visitors on a really good day.
Yeah true that is very understandable. I don't get why everyone thinks you're a leaker because really you're just speculating like everyone else.

Griselda

Smash Lord
At this point, I don't think I even care if everyone else in the pass is a character I actually hate, as long as I get Geno, also.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So perhaps I am a bit behind on the times in here, but why is it that we're so sure Geno is imminent? Obviously I think he's super likely and all that jazz, but am I missing something as to why a lot of people are placing their poker chips on Geno being announced very soon? (You're, of course, more than welcome to think he's soon, I'm just wondering for myself is all! Wasn't sure if I missed something!)

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
So perhaps I am a bit behind on the times in here, but why is it that we're so sure Geno is imminent? Obviously I think he's super likely and all that jazz, but am I missing something as to why a lot of people are placing their poker chips on Geno being announced very soon? (You're, of course, more than welcome to think he's soon, I'm just wondering for myself is all! Wasn't sure if I missed something!)
I dunno? Beyond people thinking that we're going to get Smash news (with a possible multi-reveal) soon, and maybe a mindset that if Geno's in then he'd be one of the next few, I suppose.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot, honestly. The theory that Geno would be 6 or 7 has been around since last August but it's simply gotten stronger with time. I think it would be hard to recap all of it but I think "the List" covers a lot of main talking points. I might do a recap later about the things that have happened in 2020 that support he's very likely going to be a summer announcement.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
At this point, I don't think I even care if everyone else in the pass is a character I actually hate, as long as I get Geno, also.
Honestly same here. Their isn't really any character I wouldn't want to see included as I would be content with anyone really [except Jonesy from Fortnite], but I seriously wouldn't care who else they include as long as they either include Crash Or Geno.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey.
I didn’t know where else to go.

I had this dream last night where SMRPG has been remade in the style of M&L games.
I was playing as Mario & Luigi, but pretty sure I could swap Luigi for either Bowser or Peach (dunno where Mallow was lol).

But I made it as far as the Forest Maze, where it was a mess of puzzle platforming. I started doubting that what I was playing was real because I was like “hey.. wasn’t Geno like a late addition to the party?” (And the Forest maze here was like the second map).

I don’t think I got to see him, but my mind made me an image of what he would look like in that style, and now I want it.

Would you guys want a M&L style remake? Or would you prefer a 1:1 perfect remake?

TTF

Smash Journeyman
A lot, honestly. The theory that Geno would be 6 or 7 has been around since last August but it's simply gotten stronger with time. I think it would be hard to recap all of it but I think "the List" covers a lot of main talking points. I might do a recap later about the things that have happened in 2020 that support he's very likely going to be a summer announcement.
I remember seeing a list awhile back before I finally made an account of things that seemed to point it being very likely.

D

Deleted member

Hey.
I didn’t know where else to go.

I had this dream last night where SMRPG has been remade in the style of M&L games.
I was playing as Mario & Luigi, but pretty sure I could swap Luigi for either Bowser or Peach (dunno where Mallow was lol).

But I made it as far as the Forest Maze, where it was a mess of puzzle platforming. I started doubting that what I was playing was real because I was like “hey.. wasn’t Geno like a late addition to the party?” (And the Forest maze here was like the second map).

I don’t think I got to see him, but my mind made me an image of what he would look like in that style, and now I want it.

Would you guys want a M&L style remake? Or would you prefer a 1:1 perfect remake?
I think a Mario and Luigi style remake where timed hits are replaced with action commands and dodging enemy attacks would be absolutely incredible.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
welp it's finally not-E3 week, hopefully this is it and the drought is broken. After so long I can hardly believe it's already here

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I feel good about getting some news this week, but can't help but be a little bummed that we went from a few months ago where we were guaranteed to get a massive news drop this week to the present state of affairs where we're hopeful for at least a morsel this week

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Though to be fair, with those 8 songs, Sakurai did even highlight how it was 2 songs per Hero and then even got a bit frustrated by the idea of only 2 songs coming with a character. I think whatever power that be, whether it was Sugiyama/Square/Nintendo/etc. told him "2 songs per game" and then Sakurai decided to exploit a loophole with Hero due to how he technically is 4 games wrapped into one.
I still think that's at the fault of Sugiyama, but I guess we'll know for sure when Geno gets in.

Yeah I've been saying that for about 3 months now myself. 4 Urshifus, Misango, and Geno, perfect pass in my eyes, lol.
(replace 3 of the Urshifus with Sora, MC, and Sephiroth, I'd still be happy I got Geno)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds of anything being announced tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday, respectively?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Right. I remember some of the factors you mentioned pointing to an E3 Geno reveal. I guess my worry is, well, no E3. While yes Sakurai has said development of DLC has been easier and gone smoothly, I'm just worried about delays since so many companies are doing them. While yes, Nintendo can reveal bigger things in just a random video post (Paper Mario: The Origami King), I just am left wondering what they'll do for Smash. I don't want to get my hopes super high for a character to come with the ARMS character because remember Terry's presentation? Different surrounding circumstances I know, but nevertheless I remain skeptical. Because, and correct me if I'm wrong, another character hasn't been announced from a character-specific showcase. I guess we don't know yet if the ARMS character is getting that, but if they are, well then I'm hesitant to put my poker chips fully on the side of getting #7 revealed then and there.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, what are the odds of anything being announced tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday, respectively?
Reasonably good. We're in the second week of June, a good time to release the character's stuff(though the character may release later than the same day of the trailer).

We have had zero information in June as well for Nintendo products as is. So who knows how long it could take.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I've learned to balance my expectations. I'm excited on an announcement being soon, but also realizing that it could potentially be later or next week, that way I don't set myself up into being disappointed.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I've said before, we're likely to get the info no later than the 3rd week of June. Nintendo knows they can't afford to wait too much longer before it potentially becomes a money sink.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Like I've said before, we're likely to get the info no later than the 3rd week of June. Nintendo knows they can't afford to wait too much longer before it potentially becomes a money sink.
Yeah, which is also why I'm positive at least 1 more character will be shown with the ARMS rep this month, potentially 1 more further than that. I can't imagine FP2 sales being too high, and they know they have an incoming money mountain when they drop the bombshell.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
My guess if not this week, something next week.

At the same time too, since there will not be any directs for awhile, all the "E3" stuff can be scattered throughout June with tweet/videoes like Paper Mario.

Or, Nintendo will do another "mini" direct. But I am thinking more on the lines of spreading things out maybe? I dunno. Clicking upload on completed video's isn't a hard task since all this stuff has been worked on weeks - months in advanced.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
all the "E3" stuff can be scattered throughout June with tweet/videoes like Paper Mario.
This is what's gonna happen, but they're not gonna shadowdrop Smash reveals. We're likely getting a Byleth-like Sakurai video for the ARMS rep (Reveal+Breakdown), and he'll likely also be revealing #7, and potentially more than that.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
This is what's gonna happen, but they're not gonna shadowdrop Smash reveals. We're likely getting a Byleth-like Sakurai video for the ARMS rep (Reveal+Breakdown), and he'll likely also be revealing #7, and potentially more than that.
Nintendo will likely post a 24 hour heads up about it. A way for everyone, especially YouTube reactioners, to get themselves set up in advance for it.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Nintendo will likely post a 24 hour heads up about it. A way for everyone, especially YouTube reactioners, to get themselves set up in advance for it.
Everyone better stay away from gameFAQs for this week then. There’s the chance that vergeben will pop up and say who the character is gonna be and if there’s anyone else.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Everyone better stay away from gameFAQs for this week then. There’s the chance that vergeben will pop up and say who the character is gonna be and if there’s anyone else.
speaking of Vergeben, I'm guessing he found nothing when looking into the League of Legends rumor a few months ago that said Trials of Mana Spirits (which happened), and a Hollow Knight PreMiium costume along with a playable character from LoL

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, as a recap, here's what points to Geno being a summer 2020 announcement that has come out in 2020:

Tinfoil Hat Stuff:

-Jeff Grubb repeatedly retweeting SMRPG quotes.

-Jon Cartwright seemingly teasing at a star themed Mario character for #7 in a recent Tweet.

Past Precedent Stuff:

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had at least one notable third party reveal. (2018 counts because it highlighted Snake's return.)

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had a least one notable fan favorite reveal.

-With DLC, Nintendo seems to work with companies it has already worked with first. 6 being first party supports this theory and suggests 7 will be a third party already in Smash.

Notable Coincidences in 2020:

-Smash Legacy presumably getting C&D'd (typically when this happens Nintendo has similar plans or wants to use certain ideas in future games)

-Trials of Mana, a Square Enix game, being the only brand new game to get a spirit event for its launch.

-Mii Costume Guy correctly naming not only Byleth's ALTs but Byleth's stage. (Said Mallow and Smithy costumes were eventually coming last July.)

-Cacomallow still not disproven.

-SMRPG still not on the NSO, making it one of three major games tied to first party franchises and the only major Mario game still MIA.

-35th Super Mario Bros anniversary. Many games being remade or rereleased.

-Polish Smash Amiibo leak in May that showed Cloud and several Mario characters getting rereleases in September.

I think that's everything for the past 6 months.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mentioned him, I don't think anyone has heard from Vergeben since this whole quarantine started. Either, yeah he sics the reveal just out of the blue, or because workers are working from home it's been easier to keep things from leaking so he's not bothering for the time being.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, as a recap, here's what points to Geno being a summer 2020 announcement that has come out in 2020:

Tinfoil Hat Stuff:

-Jon Cartwright seemingly teasing at a star themed Mario character for #7 in a recent Tweet.

Past Precedent Stuff:

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had at least one notable third party reveal. (2018 counts because it highlighted Snake's return.)

-Every E3 featuring Smash since 2006 has had a least one notable fan favorite reveal.

-With DLC, Nintendo seems to work with companies it has already worked with first. 6 being first party supports this theory and suggests 7 will be a third party already in Smash.

-Smash Legacy presumably getting C&D'd (typically when this happens Nintendo has similar plans or wants to use certain ideas in future games)

-Trials of Mana, a Square Enix game, being the only brand new game to get a spirit event for its launch.

-Mii Costume Guy correctly naming not only Byleth's ALTs but Byleth's stage. (Said Mallow and Smithy costumes were eventually coming last July.)

-SMRPG still not on the NSO, making it one of three major games tied to first party franchises and the only major Mario game still MIA.

Yep, I think that about covers it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Tinfoil Hat Stuff:

Past Precedent Stuff:

It’s insane all the new stuff that has come up just in recent months AFTER a couple year long laundry list of “coincidences” and tinfoil **** unrelated to all the current topics.

Its starting to feel like banjo did a year ago when it became a matter of when and not if.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
This is definitely part of it, especially now that they've actually made a video on reactions. There's no way they'd shadowdrop and risk people getting spoiled and losing those reactions.

Plus, to do that with a character like Geno and we miss out on a lot of great reactions (and I'd lose my own one too), that would just be a crime.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My expectations are going to depend on how the info dump gets presented. If it's just "sakurai presents, arms" then I'm gonna start sweating but if it's a smash direct/mini then 7 is all but guaranteed and there could even be a chance we see 8

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I still think that's at the fault of Sugiyama, but I guess we'll know for sure when Geno gets in.

Yeah I've been saying that for about 3 months now myself. 4 Urshifus, Misango, and Geno, perfect pass in my eyes, lol.
(replace 3 of the Urshifus with Sora, MC, and Sephiroth, I'd still be happy I got Geno)
I read that as MissingNo and I had to double check to make sure I read it right, lol

Franauts

Smash Cadet

Tinfoil Hat Stuff:

Past Precedent Stuff:

Who's that "Mii costume guy" who mentioned Byleth?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
speaking of Vergeben, I'm guessing he found nothing when looking into the League of Legends rumor a few months ago that said Trials of Mana Spirits (which happened), and a Hollow Knight PreMiium costume along with a playable character from LoL
I don't think we need Vergeben in order to throw that one out. Trials of Manna spirits on release day wasn't a hard enough guess to justify believing something as outlandish as a LoL character, and the Hollow Knight costume is both the easiest guess of all time, and not evidence because it hasn't actually happened.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think it's going to be just a Mr. Sakurai presents video frankly. I'm more confident in a full direct style video since he's not constrained by an E3 general direct format

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can we really assume Jon is remotely reliable?

Like, we know how his """insider""" status exists to a small degree, but with how much he's come to loath it I doubt he'd want to start acting like one again. Plus, he's guessed Geno a LOT, like, almost any time a Smash discussion comes around. He's probably just a fan.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As a recap, "Mii Costume Guy" is a codename given to an insider who has been in connection with Papageno's network since about last Spring. He's been given this name because his first feat that was made public was correctly leaking Banjo's Mii costumes last July. Since then, he has also successfully leaked Terry's spirit board in September, Byleth's ALTs and stage in October (I didn't get this information until December). There's a language barrier (presumably Japanese) and he typically talks through "in-betweens" because of this. Because of that, sometimes there are translation errors like how Terry's spirit board was interpreted as Mii costumes and Byleth's ALTs were thought to be literal Mii costumes.

Since last summer, he's released a good amount of information but a lot of it hasn't come true yet. A vast majority of it has been Mii costumes. Through various conversations with Mii Costume Guy and his In-betweens, these are the Mii costumes he has put out since December:

-Ms. Pac-Man
-Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
-Gooigi
-Elecman
-KOS-MOS
-Cuphead
-Kris (Deltarune)
-Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Arle (Puyo Pop)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
-Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

And four costumes that were recommended to be kept secret:

-One heavily connected to Nintendo
-One heavily connected to Square
-One heavily connected to Microsoft
-One heavily connected to Sony

For the record, Mii Costume Guy hasn't put out anything new since about mid December.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Let me explain: He back in July posted a list of Miis: Goemon, Team Rocket, Zero And Protoman (All banjo's miis expect Sans) he claims that Smithy, Mallow and Chocobo miis exist, He knew about Terry spirit board, Byleth's skins, Cuphead, he think Googi, the knight from Hollow Knight and Kris from deltarune are also miis

Awkwah

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we need Vergeben in order to throw that one out. Trials of Manna spirits on release day wasn't a hard enough guess to justify believing something as outlandish as a LoL character, and the Hollow Knight costume is both the easiest guess of all time, and not evidence because it hasn't actually happened.
I mean, while I do dismiss that one leak of the LoL stuff... It really isn't too far fetched with some looking into Riot Games this past year. I wouldn't say it is outlandish. Just unlikely.

But here is hoping to Geno is in soon, this is the time to shine.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Can we really assume Jon is remotely reliable?

Like, we know how his """insider""" status exists to a small degree, but with how much he's come to loath it I doubt he'd want to start acting like one again. Plus, he's guessed Geno a LOT, like, almost any time a Smash discussion comes around. He's probably just a fan.
yes, he said that there are RPG characters that he would like like Chrono, Geno or Pyra but he thinks that more genres should be represented

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As a recap, "Mii Costume Guy" is a codename given to an insider who has been in connection with Papageno's network since about last Spring. He's been given this name because his first feat that was made public was correctly leaking Banjo's Mii costumes last July. Since then, he has also successfully leaked Terry's spirit board in September, Byleth's ALTs and stage in October (I didn't get this information until December). There's a language barrier (presumably Japanese) and he typically talks through "in-betweens" because of this. Because of that, sometimes there are translation errors like how Terry's spirit board was interpreted as Mii costumes and Byleth's ALTs were thought to be literal Mii costumes.

Since last summer, he's released a good amount of information but a lot of it hasn't come true yet. A vast majority of it has been Mii costumes. Through various conversations with Mii Costume Guy and his In-betweens, these are the Mii costumes he has put out since December:

-Ms. Pac-Man
-Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
-Gooigi
-Elecman
-KOS-MOS
-Cuphead
-Kris (Deltarune)
-Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Arle (Puyo Pop)
-Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
-Smithy (Super Mario RPG)

And four costumes that were recommended to be kept secret:

-One heavily connected to Nintendo
-One heavily connected to Square
-One heavily connected to Microsoft
-One heavily connected to Sony

For the record, Mii Costume Guy hasn't put out anything new since about mid December.
is this the guy that said Ori or was that someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom