• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
we are about to LIVE that “OMFG” moment that has been posted here when Banjo and Ridley joined the party
And that moment will be posted on future threads of popular/never ever characters just like those were here. I hope I can think of something more memorable to say than "rdhkcdetbx" which was my contribution to the Ridley OMFG moment.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Rewatching reactions to when Banjo & Kazooie were revealed as one of the DLC fighters for Ultimate, I'm just thinking back of how impactful of a moment that was. A true dream come true. What do ya'll think; could we be getting some CG trailers with the first Vol. 2 fighters?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I really hope it's soon. I'm still setting my up for the idea that it may not happen just yet or at all but I'm ready. Geno *will* come in time and I will gladly stand by you all as the star descends one of these days. Nothing is impossible.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Since we are all talking about what Geno's Challenger Pack should come with. I thought it would be perfect to give my thoughts on the perfect Geno pack.

Fighter: Geno [Obviously]

Stage: Vista Hill

Cameos: *Mallow
*Exor
*Boshi
*Croco
*Booster
*The Axem Rangers
*Bowyer
*Smithy

Music:
*Beware The Forest's Mushrooms [REMIX]
*Fight Against An Armed Boss [REMIX]
*Let's Do The Fooka-Fooka!
*Rose Town
*And My Name's Booster
*Fight Against A Somewhat Stronger Monster
*Fight Against Bowser
*Fight Against Smithy

Classic Mode: Legend of the Seven Stars - This route references each member of the Smithy Gang. In every battle, Mario, Bowser, Peach, and a Mii wearing a Mallow hat are your allies.
*Round 1 - :ultness::ultcloud: on Kalos Pokemon League
*Round 2 - :ultduckhunt: on Mushroomy Kingdom
*Round 3 - :ultyounglink: on Garden Of Hope
*Round 4 - :ultwario: on Garreg Mach Monastery
*Round 5 - :ultmetaknight: X5 on Vista Hill
*Round 6 - :ultkingdedede: on Shadow Moses Island
*Round 7 - Galleom

Spirits:
*Croco - 1 Star [Novice]
*Boshi - 2 Star [Advanced]
*Mack - 1 Star [Ace]
*Belome - 2 Star [Advanced]
*Bowyer - 3 Star [Ace]
*Booster - 3 Star [Advanced]
*The Axem Rangers - 3 Star [Ace]
*Smithy - 3 Star [Ace]
*Smithy [Final Form] - 4 Star [Legend]

Mii Outfits:
*Mallow Hat
*Smithy
*Fawful
*Crono
*Chocobo
*Sephiroth [Comes with the song, One Winged Angel]

This would be the perfect SMRPG Challenger Pack for me. What do you all think?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I am far faaaaaar from putting it past Nintendo/Square only giving us 2 songs with Geno. Nintendo might come in clutch and give us more Paper Mario music to go with him but idk. I don't think it would be anywhere near the most baffling thing Nintendo has ever done lol

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, I am far faaaaaar from putting it past Nintendo/Square only giving us 2 songs with Geno. Nintendo might come in clutch and give us more Paper Mario music to go with him but idk. I don't think it would be anywhere near the most baffling thing Nintendo has ever done lol
Give us a Popple or Fawful remix and I'm sold.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
If they could finally add these 2 damn songs , I wouldn't say no to that alternative.
(Or the TTYD battle theme)

Seriously , why aren't those 2 tracks in Smash lol.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I would also like more Thousand Year Door music, but it's really hard to pick which ones beyond the battle theme

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The thing I am disappointed in is the fact that Paper Mario representation is absolutely terrible in Smash as they hardly represent the first three games. Getting some more PM64, TTYD, and Super representation would be much appreciated.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The thing I am disappointed in is the fact that Paper Mario representation is absolutely terrible in Smash as they hardly represent the first three games. Getting some more PM64, TTYD, and Super representation would be much appreciated.
Yep, it's really disappointing, even in the spirits department

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Yep, it's really disappointing, even in the spirits department
yeah it’s so disappointing in the amount of content they have. I completely forgot that TTYD even had a music track in the game. We need more of them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still, I don't think the music track amount coming with Geno will be disappointing. I imagine the Mario RPGs as a whole are going to get a lot more love

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Still, I don't think the music track amount coming with Geno will be disappointing. I imagine the Mario RPGs as a whole are going to get a lot more love
If Geno gets in then the whole music situation could become toxic if you think about it. Geno could get more tracks than hero and cloud and then also the mario songs added to his stage and that’s gonna cause a huge backlash from DQ fans and cloud fans.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno gets in then the whole music situation could become toxic if you think about it. Geno could get more tracks than hero and cloud and then also the mario songs added to his stage and that’s gonna cause a huge backlash from DQ fans and cloud fans.
That's not Geno's fault nor Yoko Shimomura, it's the stinginess of the composers for the other two series

D

Deleted member

Even if we don’t get anything this week let’s not be discouraged we still have all of June.

So hope we’ll hear about the character and maybe even Geno soon.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I doubt they would wait any longer than the 3rd week of June frankly. There were no announcements of any delays for FP6, and I don't think they're going to pull that now so late into this cycle. If they were going to delay it, they would've done it a month or so ago.

D

Deleted member

Yup in all things are hopefully looking good for this week.
Hoping for the best myself.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
We can hope both Cloud and Hero got cucked by Uematsu and Sugiyama, since both are well-known divas to work with, while Shimomura isn't.

Also while Hero did get 2 songs per alt, they still got 8 in total, despite that being Sugiyama's work. I really don't think they'll only give us 2 songs. Not every song needs to be taken down after all, otherwise we'd have noticed more takedowns, yeah?

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Also while Hero did get 2 songs per alt, they still got 8 in total, despite that being Sugiyama's work.
Though to be fair, with those 8 songs, Sakurai did even highlight how it was 2 songs per Hero and then even got a bit frustrated by the idea of only 2 songs coming with a character. I think whatever power that be, whether it was Sugiyama/Square/Nintendo/etc. told him "2 songs per game" and then Sakurai decided to exploit a loophole with Hero due to how he technically is 4 games wrapped into one.

Firox

Smash Master
That's not Geno's fault nor Yoko Shimomura, it's the stinginess of the composers for the other two series
Exactly. If whiners got an issue with that they can go nag those diva composers or pony up the dough if they care that much.

PS. It's always baffled me how a composer can be so stingy about their stuff that they deny themselves the glory and attention of showcasing it. You'd think they'd be proud to get the accolades and exposure.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Exactly. If whiners got an issue with that they can go nag those diva composers or pony up the dough if they care that much.

PS. It's always baffled me how a composer can be so stingy about their stuff that they deny themselves the glory and attention of showcasing it. You'd think they'd be proud to get the accolades and exposure.
Yep. It really doesn't make much sense

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I've been thinking. You know how quite a few Mario games released since the beginning of 2019 have gone without spirit events? Maybe they could be held off for a hypothetical Geno or what have you. I'm fully aware challenger packs only come with things from their games so it may not make much sense but it could be added alongside SMRPG spirits just to add some more variety for newer games that have been glaringly omitted. They are all technically under the Mario umbrella so I guess it could work. We obviously wouldn't get stuff from non Mario games as that's only happened with SNK which is excused by KOF basically being what Smash Bros is to Nintendo but to SNK. The games in question btw are Mario Maker 2, LM3 and maybe Yoshis Crafted World (even though it's already acknowledged by an alt that was made before the game released) and almost definitely some others im forgetting

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I've been thinking. You know how quite a few Mario games released since the beginning of 2019 have gone without spirit events? Maybe they could be held off for a hypothetical Geno or what have you. I'm fully aware challenger packs only come with things from their games so it may not make much sense but it could be added alongside SMRPG spirits just to add some more variety for newer games that have been glaringly omitted. They are all technically under the Mario umbrella so I guess it could work. We obviously wouldn't get stuff from non Mario games as that's only happened with SNK which is excused by KOF basically being what Smash Bros is to Nintendo but to SNK. The games in question btw are Mario Maker 2, LM3 and maybe Yoshis Crafted World (even though it's already acknowledged by an alt that was made before the game released) and almost definitely some others im forgetting
Your theory makes sense until you realize that Super Mario Party did get a Spirit event. I am of the opinion that King Boo and Undodog are most likely not going to get in Smash, but I don't think this means anything, unless that Spirit Event was planned before Geno or some other Mario character was negotiated for

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Your theory makes sense until you realize that Super Mario Party did get a Spirit event. I am of the opinion that King Boo and Undodog are most likely not going to get in Smash, but I don't think this means anything, unless that Spirit Event was planned before Geno or some other Mario character was negotiated for
SMP got spirits way before FP2 was even greenlit, I think he is talking about spirits after June.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's Geno this morning cuddled up to my wife:

IMG_20200607_122934245.jpg

After I rescued and took him home from the vet as a kitten, my now wife had him sleep between us so that he'd bond with us faster. He's 5 now and he's never really grown out of it. My wife called him "our relationship cat" the other day and it's just another way that Geno wound up being an important part of my adult life. In the event Geno gets in, I hope to do a picture with me, him, and Geno's splash screen in the background on my living room TV.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

View attachment 274097

After I rescued and took him home from the vet as a kitten, my now wife had him sleep between us so that he'd bond with us faster. He's 5 now and he's never really grown out of it. My wife called him "our relationship cat" the other day and it's just another way that Geno wound up being an important part of my adult life. In the event Geno gets in, I hope to do a picture with me, him, and Geno's splash screen in the background on my living room TV.
And then you should post that picture on the thread as a face reveal, unless you really are a floating blue Popeye head...

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
SMP actually did get spirits about a month after Ultimate launched and was a 2018 game so I don't think that necessarily contests with anything

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
SMP actually did get spirits about a month after Ultimate launched and was a 2018 game so I don't think that necessarily contests with anything
Yeah I pointed that out in the reply. I'm starting to think that maybe this could mean something. I still think Geno is getting included but we must wait and see

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Fatman should wear a blue popeye mask if he takes a selfie with the splash screen. Just to **** with people.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

View attachment 274097

That's a really nice story and a really cute kitty.
And then you should post that picture on the thread as a face reveal, unless you really are a floating blue Popeye head...
IIRC he's done a face reveal here, though I think it was at least six months ago.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh really? I wasn't here six months ago so I had no idea lol
I'm pretty open with my IRL identity because I figured being more than just a Popeye avatar would give me a more human element because of how often I'm accused of being a liar, con-man, etc. I've got an almost 14 year history on this site alone and was a staff member TWICE so just the tiniest bit of research would show this isn't a charade and I'm genuine about not only Geno the character but the Geno fanbase and yet, here we are. I don't ask for money, I don't have a Twitter, I don't upload videos, I don't have my own Discord channel, I deliberately turned down being one of the main people behind Operation Starfall, etc. It's wild because if I was really was trying to be a famous leaker or con scores of people, I'm definitely half-assing it to umpteenth degree by predominantly posting rumors, theories, and speculation on a dying website that maaaaybe has a couple thousand visitors on a really good day.

T2by4

Smash Lord
It's E3 week fellas, we could be getting big news this week. Do you think they'll make announcements this week or clump them all next week with the pokemon dlc?
1590776527311.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom