• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
hey today is SMRPG 24th Anniversary so i prepared Gaz's House VRChat world!!!
i want it to be public but the guidline has changed so i am trying to fix this issue so everyone would be able to come
you can ask me if you want to check it out
VRChat_1920x1080_2020-03-09_11-26-10.762.png

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Meh. Mewthree was cooler. :p
This actually takes me back to being a kid when rumors swirled that the metal mewtwo from the movie was actually mewthree and was somehow obtainable in red/blue haha.

You can tell it's the real deal because of how nervous he is reading the list. He has so much power right now. I hope the ninjas don't kill him. /s
But should any one man control that much power? No, I think he has sealed his own fate. Nintendo's own Phil Spencer and Reggie Filmsaim will be there to personally take care of him personally

Also happy SMRPG day everyone!

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Happy anniversary Mario RPG and happy birthday Geno.

I know I'm late to the party, but I have an answer for why the States still has DST. So there's labs like area 51, and probably even more secret ones. They're all in the middle of the desert, where a bunch of lights would be pretty conspicuous. Therefore they need to operate their outside stuff during the day, this includes planes that get shipments. What would be so important to mold time you ask?

̶D̶e̶e̶z̶ ̶N̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶t̶e̶m̶
Figther pass 2 with FP6 Geno

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Happy Anniversary SMRPG! My first RPG that introduced me to my favorite genre of games. :)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I was definitely playing more Earthbound and SMRPG than FFVI or Chrono Trigger.

SMRPG was the last official Mario game for the SNES and had to compete with the N64 coming out soon after.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's hope for our sake that we get some Direct confirmation news this week and that Nate was right

Firox

Smash Master
Happy Anniversary, everyone! So has Nintendo graced the occasion with any kind of acknowledgement?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Happy SMRPG Anniversary! These past/future few days have really celebrated a lot of my favorite games/characters. March 7th is Chief's birthday, today in the anniversary of one of my favorite RPGs, and then MAR10 day tomorrow!

SMRPG is a game that holds a special place in my heart. I was around 6 when this game came out. My cousin and brother played through it together. I took Mario, brother played Mallow, and my cousin was Geno. I remember finding so many secrets in the game, battling crazy bosses, and staying up way too late playing this game. May have to break it out today and take down Smithy for the anniversary...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I remember playing, thinking 'Wow, who is this Geno guy? Eh, he's not important. In fact, I bet that we will never see or hear his name ever again from anyone after this, and he definitely won't be fighter #77 in Smash Brothers Ultimate, a game that doesn't not yet exist at this point. Now MALLOW. Mallow will be a new star, eventually eclipsing even Mario in popularity. Also, wow, Valentina's boss fight has boobs.'

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, doesn't look like a Direct got announced this morning. Still, it could be in the afternoon. Would it be at 6 PM Eastern time?

Dukefire

Smash Master
If not today, then tomorrow is the case since announcement for a direct usually appears on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Then a direct happening two days later

Edit: People can be wrong since Nintendo is unpredictable, but in honesty. Most of us doesn't know a lot of upcoming 2020 game titles yet.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Their Twitter hasn’t posted anything yet that i can see today so I wouldn’t give up yet.

I usually see posts by them s 11am my time so thirty more minutes

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
But should any one man control that much power? No, I think he has sealed his own fate. Nintendo's own Phil Spencer and Reggie Filmsaim will be there to personally take care of him personally

Also happy SMRPG day everyone![/QUOTE]

It's going to be an interesting Jermania for sure.

Yoko has been really excited over Super Mario RPG getting a ton of love over social media. This makes me happy!

Twitter embed is bugged. Direct link: https://twitter.com/midiplex/status/1237030788698275840

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Also happy SMRPG day everyone!

It's going to be an interesting Jermania for sure.

Yoko has been really excited over Super Mario RPG getting a ton of love over social media. This makes me happy!

Glad it is. The game deserves it

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Her music has always been phenomenal. The unbelievable things she does to a violin are borderline illegal in 19 states.

SMRPG was my first exposure to her music (that I know). The soundtrack still sounds amazing to today. The fact that none of it is in Smash, Geno or not, is a goddamn sin.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Direct announcements aren't usually on Mondays. It wasn't going to be today for an announcement. I'm banking on something tomorrow. Mario Day direct announcement for a direct on Thursday makes sense and falls in line with the usual 2nd week of the month timeframe.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of people are saying this is actual Super Mario RPG concept art, Is this true?
https://twitter.com/kurashimakaz/status/1236892698608455685
Update:
http://oniongames.jp/about-us/onions-profile-kurashima-kazuyuki
Yes it is apparently... This guy worked on Mario RPG character designs, some of them...
You can't look at these pictures and not see the very obvious influence of Tim Burton. It kind of cracks me up that a lot of the original designs were very toned down to not be too scary. I mean, Jesus, look at Belome's original design, as if a four eyed, bulldog/leopard hybrid that swallows people whole wasn't bad enough!

MattX20

Smash Hero
That concept art makes me wonder if there's any for Geno that hasn't been shown off.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That concept art makes me wonder if there's any for Geno that hasn't been shown off.
More than likely. New playable characters tend to get a ton of concept art so that the team can decide what to ultimately go with. Somewhere out there there's probably a sketchbook that's nothing but Geno and Mallow concept art.

link2702

Smash Champion
This lack of news is even starting to bug me...

I kinda am wishing we had some sort of credible leaks pop up again just cuz this waiting is driving me nuts.

The ninteninjas have finally figured out how to silence the leakers.

Firox

Smash Master
This lack of news is even starting to bug me...

I kinda am wishing we had some sort of credible leaks pop up again just cuz this waiting is driving me nuts.

The ninteninjas have finally figured out how to silence the leakers.
The funny irony of it all.

Smashfans 2019: "Freaking leakers! They ruin everything! All they do is spread lies and drama!"

Smashfans 2020: "Where'd all the leakers go?......Somebody?......ANYBODY?....."

MattX20

Smash Hero
The funny irony of it all.

Smashfans 2019: "Freaking leakers! They ruin everything! All they do is spread lies and drama!"

Smashfans 2020: "Where'd all the leakers go?......Somebody?......ANYBODY?....."
Yep, ironic for us all

Firox

Smash Master
Yep, ironic for us all
The most hilariously ironic part is that we got more Smash news out of the leakers than we ever did Nintendo....

Even to this day, 90% of our speculation and talking points are derived from past leaks and rumors.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Well the thing is, when the leakers were more common....

....so was the actual news by Nintendo.

Firox

Smash Master
Well the thing is, when the leakers were more common....

....so was the actual news by Nintendo.
Maybe Nintendo felt like they needed to keep up. They couldn't sit on their hands forever unless they wanted the leakers to steal all their thunder. Now that they've filtered all the information, we're at their mercy. I guess being genuinely surprised by stuff wouldn't be so bad if we actually GOT info a little more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom