• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, but that's my fear a bit, if we know nothing before Animal Crossing, it could spell trouble to Nintendo, and their stocks are, dropping, bad, due to the virus, so, I feel like they need to say something soon.

I have no idea on what he means, we can not make proper assumptions, it's such a odd message to say to somebody like that
if anything, Nippon Ichi is the one doing pretty bad right now with Ninten at -3.96 and NI at a whooping -17.58

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like I was the only one who didn't care too much for the 3DS after being burned hard by Sticker Star and the ambassador thing. I bought a 3DS on day 1 purely because of Sticker Star, them showing off that it was actually gonna be a proper PM after SPM (I've said it before but SPM is a bad *Paper Mario* game, but a relatively good game if you get past that). Then it got delayed a lot and eventually turned out to be one of the worst 1st party games I've played in a loooooong time.

I probably played New Leaf more than anything else on the 3DS. That and deciding to become an Eevee Breeder in X&Y after getting a 4 perfect-IV Eevee out of nowhere (and no, I don't play Pokemon competitively by any means, I just really enjoyed breeding 5-6 IV Eevees for some reason). The 3DS was a huge miss for me, same with the original DS. I loved the GBA a hell of a lot more than both.
I bought a 3DS originally for Ocarina of Time 3D around the launch back in 2011. Sticker Star was so bad I stopped playing it around the 2nd chapter or level and never picked it up again. The 3DS has a ton of awesome games dude and you should check them out. ;)

I feel people grossly underestimate how amazing the Wii U's game library was. It really got crapped on a lot more than it deserved. I think the main bullet to the head for the Wii U was:

A) HORRIBLE NAME. So many uninformed parents heard the name and just assumed that it was a tacky add-on or peripheral for the original Wii. There's a good damn reason why Playstation sticks with the simple numbering pattern (2, 3, 4, 5, etc.). 3 is better than 2 just like how 4 is better than 3. Simple, stupid and straight forward. Wii U was almost as bad as the legendarily idiotic "New NEW 3DS". No joke. They actually called the last iteration of the 3DS this to ensure that the maximum number of people would fail to understand what it offered. Seriously, Nintendo's PR team needs to be flogged repeatedly.

B) HUGE drought of games for the first two years of the console's life. To this day I can't believe how little Nintendo had coming down the pipe when they released the console (not to mention the laughable amount of false advertising behind the Wii Pad's capabilities/utilization. Speaking of which...)

C) Terrible utilization of hardware. Don't get me wrong, the Wii pad had a lot of cool ideas to it (that other consoles ripped off by simply applying tablets and other generic smart devices) but when you consider all the games ever released for the system, the applications were clunky at best and downright unplayable at worst. Instead of designing the pad's motion controls to complement the various games, they designed the games AROUND the pad itself. In their attempts to give their gimmick relevance, they just killed the function of several games in the process. Granted, I typically applaud Nintendo's attempts to experiment with new innovations, but the Wii U gamepad was a perfect example of an ill-conceived gimmick.
Not to **** on Nintendo's first party catalog from the Wii U, but it was at it's weakest on this console. I felt like the Wii U only survived because of Indie support and lot of those games you could also buy on the PSN and XBLA. And now a lot of the major Wii U first party titles have been ported to the Switch so it's almost like Nintendo knows the Wii U wasn't that great. It was the worst selling Nintendo home console and it sold over 12 million units if I am not mistaken. Smash Ultimate has sold more copies than the Wii U has in units.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I bought a 3DS originally for Ocarina of Time 3D around the launch back in 2011. Sticker Star was so bad I stopped playing it around the 2nd chapter or level and never picked it up again. The 3DS has a ton of awesome games dude and you should check them out. ;)
I did check most of them out, but a lot were just ports or "games everyone knows exists". Yeah it had some great games, but I think my turning point for when I became a jaded adult was Sticker Star and around that time, I was just like "meh" towards most 3DS stuff. After GBA, I was a lot less interested in handheld. GBA was great, DS not so much. 3DS kinda followed suit for me. Again, I know it's got some great games but never any that made me really appreciate the system. AC:NL being the, likely, most played thing on the console.

So, there is possible hope, and Nate is trying to throw us off guard?
He got kidnapped by Ninteninjas and was threatened to say that. It's like when Grant Kirkhope randomly(?) told us not to expect Banjo-Kazooie.
... quick, someone ask Yoko Shimomura on Geno's chances. If she's super pessimistic about it, that could be a hint!

Heoj

Smash Ace
that whole thing with natedrake and the gamexplain guy seems pretty confusing and a bit annoying honestly

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Nate could also just be full of **** anyway. Credible or not, *EVERYONE* has been wrong lately, so I'm just going to trust no one now.

"EVERYONE is Wrong!", basically the tagline for 2020 so far.

Edit: Making my own "insider info guesses": Direct will be on the 12th or 19th. If I'm wrong, I can just backpedal on the night of the 18th.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
If the reveal of #76 is on 23 March, the Direct could be this week or next week, right? I wish it can be this week but I think it will be next week. Anyway, just patience, the waiting will be worth.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the reveal of #76 is on 23 March, the Direct could be this week or next week, right? I wish it can be this week but I think it will be next week. Anyway, just patience, the waiting will be worth.
I thought that date was for the release of those download cards or codes for the second Fighters Pass in Japan. Am I missing something here?

Firox

Smash Master
Not to **** on Nintendo's first party catalog from the Wii U, but it was at it's weakest on this console. I felt like the Wii U only survived because of Indie support and lot of those games you could also buy on the PSN and XBLA. And now a lot of the major Wii U first party titles have been ported to the Switch so it's almost like Nintendo knows the Wii U wasn't that great. It was the worst selling Nintendo home console and it sold over 12 million units if I am not mistaken. Smash Ultimate has sold more copies than the Wii U has in units.
Dude, what the heck are you talking about? The hardware and game release windows blew chunks, but the Wii U's game library was legendary. Need I remind you that some of the Switch's best games right now are Wii U ports? They had:

-Super Mario 3D World (one of the best, if not THE best multiplayer, non-spinoff Mario games ever made)
-Super Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-Super Smash Bros 4 (which was still a great game despite the drastically smaller install base)
-Splatoon
-Pokken Tournament
-Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
-Hyrule Warriors
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
-Nintendo Land
-Pikmin 3
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (yes, the game was dual-released, but lets be honest, the Switch version is just a slightly prettier version of a Wii U game, hence why they were even able to DO a dual-release)

And that's not including some explosively awesome 2nd party titles like Wonderful 101 or Xenoblade Chronicles X (which I feel sorry for those that never got to experience that game).

Heck, even Smash Ultimate is basically a revamped version of the Sm4sh engine with some new mechanics and characters thrown in. The primary reason that it's so much more successful than Smash 4 is simply because the install base is dramatically larger since the hardware of the Switch doesn't suck as bad as the Wii U's did. I feel the greatest reason that the Wii U suffered overall was simply because even Nintendo itself didn't believe in it. They completely ignored the glaring issues of game droughts and bad hardware schemes and simply chocked it up to consumer rejection. Most of their advertisements started drying up within a year and half and I remember being able to FEEL them abandoning their own system. To make matters worse, they idiotically started teasing the Switch TWO YEARS before it was unveiled, killing the Wii U even faster by discouraging anyone from investing in what was already declared a dead system. They honestly did everything wrong with that system EXCEPT for the quality of what games they did release.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dude, what the heck are you talking about? The hardware and game release windows blew chunks, but the Wii U's game library was legendary. Need I remind you that some of the Switch's best games right now are Wii U ports? They had:

-Super Mario 3D World (one of the best, if not THE best multiplayer, non-spinoff Mario games ever made)
-Super Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-Super Smash Bros 4 (which was still a great game despite the drastically smaller install base)
-Splatoon
-Pokken Tournament
-Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
-Hyrule Warriors
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
-Nintendo Land
-Pikmin 3
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (yes, the game was dual-released, but lets be honest, the Switch version is just a slightly prettier version of a Wii U game, hence why they were even able to DO a dual-release)

And that's not including some explosively awesome 2nd party titles like Wonderful 101 or Xenoblade Chronicles X (which I feel sorry for those that never got to experience that game).

Heck, even Smash Ultimate is basically a revamped version of the Sm4sh engine with some new mechanics and characters thrown in. The primary reason that it's so much more successful than Smash 4 is simply because the install base is dramatically larger since the hardware of the Switch doesn't suck as bad as the Wii U's did. I feel the greatest reason that the Wii U suffered overall was simply because even Nintendo itself didn't believe in it. They completely ignored the glaring issues of game droughts and bad hardware schemes and simply chocked it up to consumer rejection. Most of their advertisements started drying up within a year and half and I remember being able to FEEL them abandoning their own system. To make matters worse, they idiotically started teasing the Switch TWO YEARS before it was unveiled, killing the Wii U even faster by discouraging anyone from investing in what was already declared a dead system. They honestly did everything wrong with that system EXCEPT for the quality of what games they did release.
Those were very good games, but I don't feel like most of them really hold a candle to their cousins on other Nintendo consoles. Wii U had good games among it's gold, but really nothing iconic or outstanding aside from Breath of the Wild. Wii U's sales prove this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If there is no Direct this week, or better yet, this month, than that means the HTML update thing, the playlist thing Polarthief Polarthief mentioned some time ago, the Nintendo maintenance thing and some other things got us all hyped for nothing. Or maybe the playlist and HTML update (but not the maintenance, probably) were all for nothing if there is no Direct this month.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, if there is a general direct at all, we'll find out soon enough. If not, well, it might be another month. It's bizarre that Nintendo is pushing it back so far

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If there is no Direct this week, or better yet, this month, than that means the HTML update thing, the playlist thing mentioned some time ago, the Nintendo maintenance thing and some other things got us all hyped for nothing. Or maybe the playlist and HTML update (but not the maintenance, probably) were all for nothing if there is no Direct this month.
Exactly, which is like, what the ****??? It feels like all that was a total red herring on Nintendo's part so we won't pay attention to it anymore, but man that's just very tinfoil hat like.

Firox

Smash Master
Those were very good games, but I don't feel like most of them really hold a candle to their cousins on other Nintendo consoles. Wii U had good games among it's gold, but really nothing iconic or outstanding aside from Breath of the Wild. Wii U's sales prove this.
To be fair, what first-party games of note has the Switch given us besides Smash Ultimate that ISN'T a port? I count Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2, but also note that both are sequels of series that were first introduced on the Wii U.

EDIT: Oh, forgot about Mario Odyssey. That puts us at three. Anything else?

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Anything else?
Unless you're not counting BOTW... Also that one Pokemon game I love to hate on (for justified reasons).

Oh right, ARMS. I always forget ARMS exists, even though I really did enjoy it.
Edit: Does RFA count?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What the hell and why, ew. Gamestop, Reggie? You're so much better than that :/
Its Nintendo's ultimate plan. Reggie goes in and takes over Gamestop and plants the Nintendo flag, thus claiming it!!

Honestly, Reggie would help Gamestop.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly, Reggie would help Gamestop.
In what way though? Is he going to become as corrupt as them, or is he going to actually clean them up (and they would listen)?

Seriously, when you become the EA of retailers, people tend to avoid you like the plague. You need to listen to people to lose that EA-like status.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be fair, what first-party games of note has the Switch given us besides Smash Ultimate that ISN'T a port? I count Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2, but also note that both are sequels of series that were first introduced on the Wii U.

EDIT: Oh, forgot about Mario Odyssey. That puts us at three. Anything else?
Like I said, Ultimate has sold more copies than the Wii U has in units. But let's end this conversation now before the mod police get on our ***** for going off topic.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Seen some people claim that Zell has stated that we won¨t get direct until E3. Is that true?

Firox

Smash Master
Unless you're not counting BOTW... Also that one Pokemon game I love to hate on (for justified reasons).

Oh right, ARMS. I always forget ARMS exists, even though I really did enjoy it.
Edit: Does RFA count?
I think I'd count BOTW as a port since it's mostly Wii U-quality, but I'd definitely include SwSh (though I share your feelings of love/hate for it....mostly hate, but I digress). As for ARMS, that one kinda sits on the edge of relevance considering general reception and sales. Now that I think about it, we do have Three Houses too. What is RFA?

Like I said, Ultimate has sold more copies than the Wii U has in units. But let's end this conversation now before the mod police get on our ***** for going off topic.
I'm not arguing that Ultimate has sold more copies than the Wii U itself, but rather WHY. Regardless, I see your point. Moving along.......WOOOOOO GENO, baby yeah! Oh, behave!

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No way it can be true, with the HTML thing, the maintenance this week and other things. Who is Zell, anyway?
I¨m trying to find it myself. And the one I¨m talking about is King Zell. The same dude that dropped the rumor about MCC and Rare Replay way back last year

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

That KingZell post was legit a joke. And it wouldn't make any sense with how, you know, well Nintendo is doing at the moment.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Loving all the cool artwork of Geno and the gang going around lately.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if Shinobi is the one to spill the beans about Geno in Smash at E3 this year like he did with Banjo & Kazooie last year and Ridley the year before. :yeahboi:

Firox

Smash Master
Imagine if Shinobi is the one to spill the beans about Geno in Smash at E3 this year like he did with Banjo & Kazooie last year and Ridley the year before. :yeahboi:
How early before E3 did he leak the other two?

"Help me Obi-wan Shinobi. You're my only hope."

Polarthief

Smash Lord
s for ARMS, that one kinda sits on the edge of relevance considering general reception and sales.
I'd say it still counts.

Now that I think about it, we do have Three Houses too.
I'm so bad at thinking of things on the spot, ffs.

Ring Fit Adventure, sorry.

That KingZell post was legit a joke.
Thank ****, seriously. If we legit have to wait til E3, I don't know what I will do.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ugh, can this drought come to an end? I'm really tired of this, even if we don't get Geno as #6, I just want some new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom