• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Is there anything significant about spirits that appearing on the spirit board compared to spirits who cannot appear on the spirit board and can only be summoned? Are they flagged or shown to be different from the spirit board ones?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and the rest of the crew, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom for the supposed general direct?
Is this a hobby dump post? Uh...

-I cook everyday.

-I run a Halloween Facebook group with my wife.

-I have 5 cats that are oodles of fun except when they're not.

-I watch and review a lot of cartoons across the map thanks to Netflix. I do the same with horror.

-I garden and not just flowers and herbs but probably close to a dozen different vegetables the past three seasons including pumpkins.

-I read a lot and I especially like to read "classics" so I can figure out which ones actually deserve that moniker.

-I do stuff with my wife. We really like walking in parks together.

-I drink absurd amounts of coffee to the point that it practically is a hobby. Another thing me and my wife bond over.

-I listen to a very wide range of music. I especially like music from the 60's and early 70's like CCR, Donovan, Jefferson Airplane, and Van Morrison.

-I study Spanish, French, and Italian via Duolingo.

-I do yoga.

-I play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp with my wife every day.

-I obviously play video games.

I think that covers most of it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Is this a hobby dump post? Uh...

-I cook everyday.

-I run a Halloween Facebook group with my wife.

-I have 5 cats that are oodles of fun except when they're not.

-I watch and review a lot of cartoons across the map thanks to Netflix. I do the same with horror.

-I garden and not just flowers and herbs but probably close to a dozen different vegetables the past three seasons including pumpkins.

-I read a lot and I especially like to read "classics" so I can figure out which ones actually deserve that moniker.

-I do stuff with my wife. We really like walking in parks together.

-I drink absurd amounts of coffee to the point that it practically is a hobby. Another thing me and my wife bond over.

-I listen to a very wide range of music. I especially like music from the 60's and early 70's like CCR, Donovan, Jefferson Airplane, and Van Morrison.

-I study Spanish, French, and Italian via Duolingo.

-I do yoga.

-I play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp with my wife every day.

-I obviously play video games.

I think that covers most of it.
Apart from hoping for Geno related news and coming to Smashboards and my job, I'm just watching movies/TV shows I own and occasionally playing the Switch.

Firox

Smash Master
I don't think any indie characters are likely, but I really don't understand why people always treat 'em like they're all under one company's umbrella.
I don't think Forsaken is saying they're "under one umbrella/company" as much as the fact that we'll be lucky to get one. And if one, which one? The most popular/obvious picks already failed, so what chance do lesser ones have, is the point. Potential slots are limited so indies would, in effect, be competing with each other in a category separate from most other 1st party and high viz 3rd party characters (ie Capcom, Namco, SE etc.). This is where we get into the argument of what I call "true viability". For example:

Say I'm a huge fan of Poppy from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Rex already got screwed out of being playable and he's the main character, so realistically speaking, the chances of a relatively obscure side character getting in before him is slim to none. With this in mind, I would argue that if anyone has "true viability" (that is, a realistic chance of getting in) it would be Pyra/Mythra since she's the next most prominent character in the game. Poppy, Zeke, Nia, etc. are almost certainly NOT viable because even the main characters are struggling to get in. However, one recurring issue we see with Smash fans are the die-hards that will insist that Poppy is still viable despite the logic against it.

Now then, people would try to reason why this argument of "true viability" works against Geno due to his apparent obscurity, but he's got three major things in his favor.

A) Connection to the Mario franchise, Nintendo's flagship
B) Significant fan demand
C) Recognition by Sakurai himself

No other character in speculation right now can boast these qualities, hence he wouldn't fall into the same category as the other indies at large.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
My hobbies include:

- Collecting a paycheck in an office that works in credit card processing.
- Making music in my home studio.
- Making art in my other home studio on the other side of the same room.
- Playing Nintendo Games on my TV in the center of the same room. (It's a nice sized room.)
- Running around playing Pokemon Go in various cities on Earth or in my local town.
- Visiting the gym.
- Occasionally using the restroom, eating, sleeping, etc.
- Genoposting on Smashboards.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and the rest of the crew, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom for the supposed general direct?
Adding some more tech knowledge to my repertoire
Making goofy comics on reddit
Practicing Smash
Playing through Super Metroid again
Relearning some songs on guitar
Practicing free throws (there's something so very relaxing and unwinding about just shooting hoops for a while)
WAITING FOR THE RAIN TO TAKE A BREAK
Looking up some new recipes
Watching Arlo

Boredom doesn't often show up on my door, because I have a wide variety of interests.

Firox

Smash Master
My hobbies include:

- Collecting a paycheck in an office that works in credit card processing.
- Making music in my home studio.
- Making art in my other home studio on the other side of the same room.
- Playing Nintendo Games on my TV in the center of the same room. (It's a nice sized room.)
- Running around playing Pokemon Go in various cities on Earth or in my local town.
- Visiting the gym.
- Occasionally using the restroom, eating, sleeping, etc.
- Genoposting on Smashboards.
Sooooo I take it you have a studio apartment? (pun partially intended)

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet

Hello Geno thread, source gaming is doing a smash poll, I'm sure Geno is gonna be one of the top 3 most wanted no matter what but you should vote to show some support anyway, and if Geno is not your favorite then I guess vote for someone else you want bye ;p.

Edit: Wait I'm an idiot I don't know if it's a character voting thing, I'm stupid, anyway check it out bye.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Hello Geno thread, source gaming is doing a smash poll, I'm sure Geno is gonna be one of the top 3 most wanted no matter what but you should vote to show some support anyway, and if Geno is not your favorite then I guess vote for someone else you want bye ;p.

Edit: Whait I'm an idiot I don't know if it's a character voting thing, I'm stupid, anyway check it out bye.
Already voted in this, but thanks for the reminder for those who haven't

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Edit: Whait I'm an idiot I don't know if it's a character voting thing, I'm stupid, anyway check it out bye.
Already voted a while back, but thanks for sharing.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm supposed to have hobbies/interests/a life other than on the Geno thread? Oof.

I've actually had to put some of my hobbies on hold right now as my gf and I are looking to buy a house soon and packing stuff up and getting ready. Also working 2 jobs makes it difficult for me to find time to do everything I want to do. But as someone who works with people who have disabilities, one of my favorite pastimes will always be bashing the bureaucratic nature of the DDA.

But I was spending time drawing a lot even tho I'm not that great. My friend and I would draw Fakemon and were also at one point "working" on a super secret never-going-to-happen Pokemon inspired game.

I also used to write in high school and college and would like to pick that up again. I tend to write stuff in my head because my biggest flaw as an artist is never finishing anything I start. There are a long series of short stories I've been working on in my head that I really like and want to get down on paper but just haven't gotten around to it.

Obviously I play video games. Currently I'm replaying FE3H with the DLC and playing Mother when I have time. I have many systems but mostly play switch and older games.

Obviously I spend time with my gf. Lately we've been going to a lot of furniture stores to look around for stuff we would like for our house which is actually incredibly fun as our styles and tastes are generally in sync and we have similar ideas. We also play Guitar Hero, Rock and, and many tabletop games together.

I also sometimes use adult coloring books (mostly underwater or day of the dead ones) to help relieve some stress. Coloring really forces me to focus and think about what colors would look best where and how they'd look together. I can't shade or anything like that for the life of me because I press the pencils too dang hard on the paper but it's still fun.

I really like coop tabletop games like Pandemic and Mysterium too if we have enough people to play them. Onirim is pretty fun as well if it's just me and my gf altho sometimes we just play Pandemic and each use 2 characters. I also have spent my time making up some of my own tabletop games but most are unfinished or in simplified states.

Other than that I also enjoy cooking if I have time. I really like Korean and Vietnamese recipes. And I can never get tired of Mexican food. I make a mean Pico de Gallo if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
How likely is geno ( From 1 - 10 ) and why?
Around, I'll say, 8/10.
A bunch of stuff for his full on playable inclusion has been lining up that I'm for sure been brought up here at-least once.
-Song takedowns
-Mii Costume Guy
-Missing Mii
-Insiders hearing his name
-Most options on the "Seven Squares" memo having many things against them.
-"extravagant additions" being quoted by Sakurai in his latest column about FPV2, meaning the characters will either be "lacking restraint in spending money or using resources", or "exceeding what is reasonable or appropriate; absurd.". Both are good in favor of Geno's inclusion
-Spirits proven to not mean anything with Luma's spirit and ""playable"" appearance.
etc, etc.
So, yeah, around there.

oh, um, hey. been lurking around here for a bit and i felt like this was a fitting first post.

EmeraldNate

Smash Rookie
Around, I'll say, 8/10.
A bunch of stuff for his full on playable inclusion has been lining up that I'm for sure been brought up here at-least once.
-Song takedowns
-Mii Costume Guy
-Missing Mii
-"extravagant additions" being quoted by Sakurai in his latest column about FPV2, meaning the characters will either be "lacking restraint in spending money or using resources", or "exceeding what is reasonable or appropriate; absurd.". Both are good in favor of Geno's inclusion
-Spirits proven to not mean anything with Luma's spirit and ""playable"" appearance.
etc, etc.
So, yeah, around there.

oh, um, hey. been lurking around here for a bit and i felt like this was a fitting first post.
I definitely agree the song takedowns are strong evidence towards, along with insiders hearing his name.
I don't think his mii missing had anything to do with him being likely though.
What Mii Costume Guy?

If I can only use whole numbers, 9.
If I can use decimals: 9.5.
Why? Because.
Wasn't aware of this post! Thanks!

link2702

Smash Champion
So now we be discussing hobbies while waiting for anything...?
K

Repairing and collecting antique and junk radios(mostly transistor, got my first two tube radios though awhile back and just waiting for parts to repair em to come in.).
Taking apart electronics in general just for the hell of it.
Cleaning/restoring old games and game cartridges(think everyone here knows this one about me now...)
Playing piano.
Playing other niche instruments like ocarinas, native American flutes, or other wind instruments just cuz they are relaxing.
Watching bob ross videos because they’re relaxing and to keep the existential dread and stress of life from causing me to go insane and drive my car off a cliff.
Reading classic novels.

And obviously playing video games.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
How likely is geno ( From 1 - 10 ) and why?
I think he's about a 7, maybe an 8 if I'm feeling generous. Given all we've seen over the past year, from the lack of his Mii Costume alongside Hero, to the Mii Costume list, to the CacoMallow Post, to the music takedowns, to the fact that his name is still circulating in insider circles, there's little doubt in my mind that he'll be getting something by the end of this Fighter Pass, and it's more likely than not going to be a spot on the roster. Ultimate's roster has been more geared towards the fan's wants than any Smash game before it. While not all of the picks have been standouts, the majority of them were, and I have little reason to think they wouldn't want to go for another couple of big fan wants.

Around, I'll say, 8/10.
-Song takedowns
-Mii Costume Guy
-Missing Mii
etc, etc.
So, yeah, around there.

Welcome to the thread! Geno hat, for you.
Hat time.png

D

Deleted member

Mainly focusing on school and posting on here and Discord. I do usually play Smash everyday after I finish my work just to get some enjoyment out of my day.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Watching bob ross videos because they’re relaxing and to keep the existential dread and stress of life from causing me to go insane and drive my car off a cliff.
"We're just gonna put a happy little star warrior right up here. We're gonna need some blue and some light brown.

Now you may be thinking we'll need some Smithy Gray, but that won't be the case. If you did just so happen to get ahead a little here and dab some of that on your brush, you just go ahead, place it in some water and beat the Smithy out of it."

God bless you Bob Ross, you were too good for this world.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Wasn't aware of this post! Thanks!
I made it awhile ago (~1.5 weeks ago at this point) and now it's just eating memory from my computer because I'm leaving it up for awhile to quickly link to. It's nice to just have a quick link to it whenever I want for reasons like this. :)

PS: Be careful with double-posting as it's against the rules (and yes I've been infracted for it). Edit your first post in the future to avoid that.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree the song takedowns are strong evidence towards, along with insiders hearing his name.
I don't think his mii missing had anything to do with him being likely though.
What Mii Costume Guy?
I mean, Hero, once again, only had 4 Mii costumes. Of course, why is this? Why would Hero have only 4 costumes when there was only 2 left to add, being Geno and Chocobo?
There would be no reason to wait unless some deal was made.
I'll post about a theory I have in a bit, but, he's Mii being missing, when it was the only Video Game character to get a splash screen, means something by the seems of things.
Also, they knew what they were doing and there is evidence to this.
17:54 is the timing of the video we should be looking at, and make sure to pay attention to the music.
Hear that? It's the normal Smash fanfare (or atleast, one of them.) Now, why would they do this for the Mii Costume showcase only when the whole video included music from Dragon Quest?

In my, overthinking world, this shows that Square, or someone long those lines, have some control over the Mii costumes, and, knowing Square, they would want All of their content together.
And the fact they allowed Geno to be the only Square Mii, or video game character Mii, to have a splash screen alone, shows that they are not only aware the fan-demand, but the importance of the character and possibly SMRPG as a whole.

Welcome to the thread! Geno hat, for you.
View attachment 264761
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Awesome art by roy_the_boi_sama on Instagram!
The Robotnik and Hollow Knight ones freak me out since they actually have eyes. Rayman's also just looks weird to me for some reason.

17:54 is the timing of the video we should be looking at, and make sure to pay attention to the music.
Hear that? It's the normal Smash fanfare (or atleast, one of them.) Now, why would they do this for the Mii Costume showcase only when the whole video included music from Dragon Quest?
I don't think that specifically means much, but I do agree w/ the rest of the post. The biggest ??? is where is the costume? Why delay it to FP2 if you're just gonna bring it back? There's simply too much circumstantial evidence that points to Geno being playable over being a Mii costume.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ffs Mike, I blew out my voice from events yesterday, and here you go making me laugh really hard.
(for the curious, I was doing silly voices for a game heavy in dialogue at a party; also laughing a lot at said party)

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that specifically means much, but I do agree w/ the rest of the post. The biggest ??? is where is the costume? Why delay it to FP2 if you're just gonna bring it back? There's simply too much circumstantial evidence that points to Geno being playable over being a Mii costume.
I completely agree, even if I wasn't a Geno supporter, it'll be Way too late too add back the Geno Mii at this point.
It'll be the biggest "middle finger" to a large group of fans, maybe even Sakurai again, (hope he's alright). The absolute latest they could of added it was it being a bonus for FPV2.

And now with possibly real Cacomallow, not being disproved and infact contacts saying it has a chance at possibly being real.
Which disproves Geno being a Deluxe Mii costume as a whole.
And Mii Costume Guy saying both Mallow and Smithy Miis.
Which disproves Geno being a Mii costume all together, as they aren't going to add 3 random SMRPG Mii's, 2 being brand-new ones, with a random fighter. And like how I stated earlier, Square likes to have all of their content together, I find Geno, very likely.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm not the biggest Geno fan in here. All I will say is that I think i had one of those Geno dreams alot of you get.

I saw a whole Geno Trailer for Smash in my dream, also we got a yugioh character, but do you think this dream was a sign

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I'm not the biggest Geno fan in here. All I will say is that I think i had one of those Geno dreams alot of you get.

I saw a whole Geno Trailer for Smash in my dream, also we got a yugioh character, but do you think this dream was a sign
Kuribo for smash confirmed?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I completely agree, even if I wasn't a Geno supporter, it'll be Way too late too add back the Geno Mii at this point.
It'll be the biggest "middle finger" to a large group of fans, maybe even Sakurai again, (hope he's alright). The absolute latest they could of added it was it being a bonus for FPV2.
Yeah if the costume was coming back (even as a premium costume, it doesn't matter), the latest for it to have been added was Hero's DLC pack. He's gonna be in.

Kuribo for smash confirmed?
More like JOEY WHEELER, BABY! Aww yeeeeeah, UpB's gonna be KUNAAAAAAI WIT CHAAAAAYN

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have almost complete faith that the Direct is coming next week. Only almost because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, or strong disappointment. I do believe we will get something by then, nonetheless, though.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
View attachment 264773
They've done that a few times in the past, and from what I remember it wasn't related to anything new.
Can I borrow this for OSF?

At least since since Isaac becoming an assist trophy but that might be debatable since him being back as an Assist Trophy is a big deal considering he was inexplicably absent from Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom