• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I look at this thread and rarely ever see any posts that are actually escalated. But I see a dozen posts a day telling everyone they need to calm down.

People are blowing off steam on a video game forum and are looking forward to video game news. Any way you slice it we’re in a drought for news. That is a fact. It isn’t needy. It isn’t greedy. After animal crossing we know literally nothing with regards to games coming in 2020. It’s okay for people to point that out and want some news to chew on as customers and frankly I’m sick of seeing people in this thread constantly being regulated for what boils down to just wanting news on video games.

I am in the Geno thread and we basically have nothing to do Geno related except wait for another Direct to hopefully give us some clarity on when he is coming. Therefore we are looking forward to an announcement. I’d much rather speculate on when a direct might be than have to read one more person’s list of 17 characters they want added in Fighter Pass 2
This one is probably going to be unpopular, but that's kinda been my thing recently apparently, and when you point out the negative qualities in people I suppose you are asking for that.

You know as well as I do that we have had many people say they are going crazy in one way or another. This is a silly thing to allow to happen to yourself. I am merely stating this as well as that speculation is fine but it's been awhile since I've seen this majority of this thread do that in a manner that seems grounded and not out of some form of knee-jerk act of desperation to come to a needy conclusion.

I will never tell people to hype responsibly or anything like that, but I will encourage people to take a moment (like I said, breathe) to just have a bit of clarity and to look at the situation again.

We are not in a drought: We had a Smash reveal and Pokemon announcements in January and a Direct for a major title in Animal Crossing as well as many smaller announcements in February. The only reason people are saying it's a 'drought' is because certain persons have spread out rumors to hype up possible reveals and the fact that some people were unhappy or unsatisfied with what information they received.

This doesn't mean we are in a drought because the news has been there. That would be like saying you are suffering from a food shortage and are starving but in reality you just ate half your sandwich because it wasn't to your taste and you didn't want the macaroni salad being served to you. The food is there, and just because you didn't like it or don't want it doesn't mean you weren't given food. This is where my 'needy and greedy' view of the Nintendo fanbase comes in, but it's most egregious with Smash.

Smash could actually get away with nothing until E3 if they really wanted to. They could reveal a bunch of titles this month and not talk about Smash at all...and it would honestly make sense since the JUST talked about it in January. Yet, Smash fans are acting like they haven't talked about Smash since November or something, which is just bias against Byleth. Sorry guys, but your negative to indifferent views against Byleth doesn't change the fact that we've already gotten Smash news this year and that Nintendo can play future reveals based on that. Your lack of interest in Animal Crossing doesn't change the fact that we had a Direct LAST MONTH focused on a major release title. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

I'm separating the emotional attachment and looking solely at the information we've been given, and in that regard we've actually been given a lot already. I'm not big on Byleth and I've never played Animal Crossing, but because I'm pulling back and looking at it with more clarity, I realize that Nintendo has already had three major announcements for titles, with two of them having multiple big announcements.

You can still hate Byleth or not care about Animal Crossing and you can still desire more information from Nintendo, but all I've been asking for about week or so now is that people pull back and look at things logically a little bit more rather than fully emotionally charged. I've even seen brief discussion on how Nintendo is purposely torturing us and I can't help but feel some of this is less blowing off steam or joking around and more of actually being irrational.

Though this is all text-based responses, so I suppose I really don't know how people feel despite seeing this ever since Byleth's reveal.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does anyone think that Nintendo Switch will go on to have a long healthy lifespan like the 3DS did? I feel like I know an insane amount of people with a Switch..
The Switch apparently outsold the SNES's lifetime sales about a month ago. Don't know about the Wii but it'll probably eventually be in the top 5 best selling Nintendo platforms ever if they keep releasing good games for it.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
A bit unrelated but I'm still jumping on that theory that Hero was gonna be bundled with Chocobo and Geno's costumes but then those 2 got delayed for whatever reason. Clearly there's going to be at least one more Square Enix character (unless if they'd be cool with mix and matching their properties which I don't see them doing). I can't really think of a popularly requested candidate aside from Geno. MAYBE someone like Sephiroth but I don't think they'd purposefully hold off GENO to bundle with someone like that.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
This one is probably going to be unpopular, but that's kinda been my thing recently apparently, and when you point out the negative qualities in people I suppose you are asking for that.

You know as well as I do that we have had many people say they are going crazy in one way or another. This is a silly thing to allow to happen to yourself. I am merely stating this as well as that speculation is fine but it's been awhile since I've seen this majority of this thread do that in a manner that seems grounded and not out of some form of knee-jerk act of desperation to come to a needy conclusion.

I will never tell people to hype responsibly or anything like that, but I will encourage people to take a moment (like I said, breathe) to just have a bit of clarity and to look at the situation again.

We are not in a drought: We had a Smash reveal and Pokemon announcements in January and a Direct for a major title in Animal Crossing as well as many smaller announcements in February. The only reason people are saying it's a 'drought' is because certain persons have spread out rumors to hype up possible reveals and the fact that some people were unhappy or unsatisfied with what information they received.

This doesn't mean we are in a drought because the news has been there. That would be like saying you are suffering from a food shortage and are starving but in reality you just ate half your sandwich because it wasn't to your taste and you didn't want the macaroni salad being served to you. The food is there, and just because you didn't like it or don't want it doesn't mean you weren't given food. This is where my 'needy and greedy' view of the Nintendo fanbase comes in, but it's most egregious with Smash.

Smash could actually get away with nothing until E3 if they really wanted to. They could reveal a bunch of titles this month and not talk about Smash at all...and it would honestly make sense since the JUST talked about it in January. Yet, Smash fans are acting like they haven't talked about Smash since November or something, which is just bias against Byleth. Sorry guys, but your negative to indifferent views against Byleth doesn't change the fact that we've already gotten Smash news this year and that Nintendo can play future reveals based on that. Your lack of interest in Animal Crossing doesn't change the fact that we had a Direct LAST MONTH focused on a major release title. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

I'm separating the emotional attachment and looking solely at the information we've been given, and in that regard we've actually been given a lot already. I'm not big on Byleth and I've never played Animal Crossing, but because I'm pulling back and looking at it with more clarity, I realize that Nintendo has already had three major announcements for titles, with two of them having multiple big announcements.

You can still hate Byleth or not care about Animal Crossing and you can still desire more information from Nintendo, but all I've been asking for about week or so now is that people pull back and look at things logically a little bit more rather than fully emotionally charged. I've even seen brief discussion on how Nintendo is purposely torturing us and I can't help but feel some of this is less blowing off steam or joking around and more of actually being irrational.

Though this is all text-based responses, so I suppose I really don't know how people feel despite seeing this ever since Byleth's reveal.
I don’t really think it’s because of Byleth? I feel like the Byleth hate has long passed. The main thing is that the Fighter’s Pass 2 has been on sale for roughly more than a month with almost nothing to show for it except a BotW mii costume, with the supposed physical version of said card coming out in two weeks in Japan. The original Fighter’s Pass didn’t even go on sale until Joker was revealed, at least I think. People probably want a Smash reveal so they could have incentive to buy the pass, and to be fair, when the smash DLC characters have consistently released every 2-3 months before now, it’s not crazy to think one would be revealed soon.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Give me the direct Nintendo before i make your disappearance the gang's next mystery.
As someone already said on the discord, seems like the Direct will be packing if they're showing all this beforehand.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So ... what will Nintendo show since so much news and tweets keeps coming out like this.

Needs more Geno.

D

Deleted member

If I may be so bold, you're overreacting to people's overreactions, which are often done just as a form of catharsis. The same people who say they're "going crazy" are most likely calmly typing away at a keyboard while watching their favorite show, or maybe they're at their job performing their daily routine... anything. If you're genuinely worried for people's mental state that's really noble of you, but there's so much overblown BS on any given message board that it's almost not worth it to care.

I think you're putting a little too much stock into how much people hate Byleth. I think most everyone is over it. You have to frame these complaints of an information drought in the following light:

In 2018, the night before Ultimate came out, we knew the entire roster of the game, that we were getting a bonus character soon that they had failed to meet the deadline while making, and the first character in the first fighters pass. While we waited on Joker, we got Piranha Plant and when Joker came out in April, we were only two months away from E3 where we knew that we were going to get a character reveal, or at least general information. We could put a date on when to expect information, and that helps people cope with a wait. Completely obliterating our expectations, we got two characters at E3 and one of them was out by the end of the month and we knew the next one must not be far behind because of the gameplay footage we got with him.

Three months later, we got another direct, the surprise release of Banjo, and the announcement not only of Terry, but of additional DLC beyond the Fighters Pass. With someone to look forward to, someone that seemed almost as unfinished as Joker, maybe we should be counting our blessings that we got him only two months later... But that's when this issue started. Let's look back at the September 4 direct announcements:

- Overwatch on Switch: a port, which released in October. It's probably safe to say no one cared.
- Luigi's Mansion 3... again: This also released in October.
- Kirby Freebie Clash: This released the day of.
- Trials of Mana: releases April 24, 2020. Overlooked, likely because it's a remake, and the original is on Collection of Mana.
- Return of the Obra Din: Another port, this time an indie game. Released for Switch in Fall, if anyone who cared about it hadn't already played it.
- Little Town Hero: I think people were looking forward to this? It fell off the damn map and came out in October.
- Link's Awakening: Released in September.
- Dragon Quest XI S: Released in September
- TMS #FE Encore: a port of a game that iirc wasn't well received to begin with. Came out in January.
- Deadly Premonition: Another port. Came out the day of.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2: another port. Came out the day of.
- Doom 64: another port, released in November.
- Rogue Company: Something I honestly forgot about. Given a generic 2020 release date. If I had to take a guess, it's not a very interesting concept to the average Nintendo fan.
- Pokemon SwSh... again: Released in November.
- Nintendo Switch Online Super NES: Released the next day
- Tetris 99 Physical: "released" two days later.
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympics: released in November
- Daemon X Machina... again: released in September
- Jedi Outcast: another port. Released in September.
- The Witcher 3: ... I don't know if they even put a date on this. Also it's a port.
- Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection: a lot of ports. Released in December.
- Dauntless: a port of an MMO. I don't think they gave a release date for this, either.
- Just Dance 2020: November.
- GRID Autosport: September
- Farming Simulator 20: December
- Ni No Kuni: Port. September.
- NBA 2k20: September. Also looks like a goddamn PS2 game lmao.
- Call of Cthulu: October
- The Outer Worlds: Coming Soon! (has been out for ages on other consoles)
- Devil May Cry 2: another port. September. As if anyone wants to play it.
- Vampyr: October
- HEY GUYS WE DELAYED ANIMAL CROSSING SEE YOU 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles Anime Edition: 2020

So, coming into 2020, we know 6 games yet unreleased, unless some of those released and I didn't know. Of those 6, four are multiplatform or ports. The two that are not are big name Nintendo titles, and one of them we have heard all about since 2018, since they originally intended to bring it out in 2019. They played the hell out of Animal Crossing at E3 to the point I was pretty convinced we wouldn't get a direct purely for it, but it's nice that we got it. Do you understand the situation? We're in a drought because we've learned nothing to look forward to in 2020 that we didn't already know. Since the year began, we got:

DLC for the most controversial Pokemon title ever.
A remake of one of the most beloved Pokemon titles ever, set to release tomorrow.
Animal Crossing set to release in 15 days.

We would like a release date for Xenoblade. We would like to know how Metroid Prime 4 is doing. We would like to know where Bayonetta 3 ****ed off to. We would like to know if that Mario render towards the end of last summer meant anything. We would like to know if any of the rumors are true. Breath of the Wild 2? Even with all of that, it's only 5 games at most... They don't intend to go through 2020 with five more games, do they? I should hope not.

Let's get back to the Smash thing. After Terry released in November, Byleth was done. We know this because Sakurai told us as much - though I know people love to ignore the things he says to push their own narrative sometimes. Not only was Byleth done, but we knew there was additional DLC planned since whenever they filmed the Terry presentation which I speculate was August. So we're in a situation where they took comparitively forever to show off the next DLC character, but not only did they intentionally hold off for the entire month of December to show Byleth, they spent the entire month of January getting the DLC distribution ready. So, from August to November, we're expected to believe that not even a Joker tier reveal of the next challenger pack is lined up? Not a second's worth of work was put into the second Fighters Pass from August to November? I'm not buying that. People aren't in the wrong to state that we've been made to wait an exceptionally long time, and they're not wrong to be frustrated by it.

As someone already said on the discord, seems like the Direct will be packing if they're showing all this beforehand.
Hey, that was me!

Firox

Smash Master
Could you imagine Geno being revealed in one of Nintendo's mundane little tweets?

"Oh, BTW, Geno is joining smash as the next fighter. Details at E3!"

Dukefire

Smash Master
This is interesting for a General Direct coming soon to start the year. To me, it doesn't matter if a Direct will be held off for Weeks or Months. As long some information of upcoming games show up, I don't mind the waiting.

Also, there are other things to keep yourself busy, so focus on that more compared to think more on Directs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Could you imagine Geno being revealed in one of Nintendo's mundane little tweets?

They could announce it on the bottom of limited edition Snapple lids and I'd be down with it, I just want to know it's happening.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog

This'd be even funnier if he released in March.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
If I may be so bold, you're overreacting to people's overreactions, which are often done just as a form of catharsis. The same people who say they're "going crazy" are most likely calmly typing away at a keyboard while watching their favorite show, or maybe they're at their job performing their daily routine... anything. If you're genuinely worried for people's mental state that's really noble of you, but there's so much overblown BS on any given message board that it's almost not worth it to care.

I think you're putting a little too much stock into how much people hate Byleth. I think most everyone is over it. You have to frame these complaints of an information drought in the following light:

In 2018, the night before Ultimate came out, we knew the entire roster of the game, that we were getting a bonus character soon that they had failed to meet the deadline while making, and the first character in the first fighters pass. While we waited on Joker, we got Piranha Plant and when Joker came out in April, we were only two months away from E3 where we knew that we were going to get a character reveal, or at least general information. We could put a date on when to expect information, and that helps people cope with a wait. Completely obliterating our expectations, we got two characters at E3 and one of them was out by the end of the month and we knew the next one must not be far behind because of the gameplay footage we got with him.

Three months later, we got another direct, the surprise release of Banjo, and the announcement not only of Terry, but of additional DLC beyond the Fighters Pass. With someone to look forward to, someone that seemed almost as unfinished as Joker, maybe we should be counting our blessings that we got him only two months later... But that's when this issue started. Let's look back at the September 4 direct announcements:

- Overwatch on Switch: a port, which released in October. It's probably safe to say no one cared.
- Luigi's Mansion 3... again: This also released in October.
- Kirby Freebie Clash: This released the day of.
- Trials of Mana: releases April 24, 2020. Overlooked, likely because it's a remake, and the original is on Collection of Mana.
- Return of the Obra Din: Another port, this time an indie game. Released for Switch in Fall, if anyone who cared about it hadn't already played it.
- Little Town Hero: I think people were looking forward to this? It fell off the damn map and came out in October.
- Link's Awakening: Released in September.
- Dragon Quest XI S: Released in September
- TMS #FE Encore: a port of a game that iirc wasn't well received to begin with. Came out in January.
- Deadly Premonition: Another port. Came out the day of.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2: another port. Came out the day of.
- Doom 64: another port, released in November.
- Rogue Company: Something I honestly forgot about. Given a generic 2020 release date. If I had to take a guess, it's not a very interesting concept to the average Nintendo fan.
- Pokemon SwSh... again: Released in November.
- Nintendo Switch Online Super NES: Released the next day
- Tetris 99 Physical: "released" two days later.
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympics: released in November
- Daemon X Machina... again: released in September
- Jedi Outcast: another port. Released in September.
- The Witcher 3: ... I don't know if they even put a date on this. Also it's a port.
- Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection: a lot of ports. Released in December.
- Dauntless: a port of an MMO. I don't think they gave a release date for this, either.
- Just Dance 2020: November.
- GRID Autosport: September
- Farming Simulator 20: December
- Ni No Kuni: Port. September.
- NBA 2k20: September. Also looks like a goddamn PS2 game lmao.
- Call of Cthulu: October
- The Outer Worlds: Coming Soon! (has been out for ages on other consoles)
- Devil May Cry 2: another port. September. As if anyone wants to play it.
- Vampyr: October
- HEY GUYS WE DELAYED ANIMAL CROSSING SEE YOU 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles Anime Edition: 2020

So, coming into 2020, we know 6 games yet unreleased, unless some of those released and I didn't know. Of those 6, four are multiplatform or ports. The two that are not are big name Nintendo titles, and one of them we have heard all about since 2018, since they originally intended to bring it out in 2019. They played the hell out of Animal Crossing at E3 to the point I was pretty convinced we wouldn't get a direct purely for it, but it's nice that we got it. Do you understand the situation? We're in a drought because we've learned nothing to look forward to in 2020 that we didn't already know. Since the year began, we got:

DLC for the most controversial Pokemon title ever.
A remake of one of the most beloved Pokemon titles ever, set to release tomorrow.
Animal Crossing set to release in 15 days.

We would like a release date for Xenoblade. We would like to know how Metroid Prime 4 is doing. We would like to know where Bayonetta 3 ****ed off to. We would like to know if that Mario render towards the end of last summer meant anything. We would like to know if any of the rumors are true. Breath of the Wild 2? Even with all of that, it's only 5 games at most... They don't intend to go through 2020 with five more games, do they? I should hope not.

Let's get back to the Smash thing. After Terry released in November, Byleth was done. We know this because Sakurai told us as much - though I know people love to ignore the things he says to push their own narrative sometimes. Not only was Byleth done, but we knew there was additional DLC planned since whenever they filmed the Terry presentation which I speculate was August. So we're in a situation where they took comparitively forever to show off the next DLC character, but not only did they intentionally hold off for the entire month of December to show Byleth, they spent the entire month of January getting the DLC distribution ready. So, from August to November, we're expected to believe that not even a Joker tier reveal of the next challenger pack is lined up? Not a second's worth of work was put into the second Fighters Pass from August to November? I'm not buying that. People aren't in the wrong to state that we've been made to wait an exceptionally long time, and they're not wrong to be frustrated by it.

Hey, that was me!
*Sigh*

I get what you WANT. I'm ignoring desires and spitting cold hard facts.

The facts are that Nintendo has already had new information for Pokemon, Smash, and Animal Crossing as well as minor announcements all in the first two months of the year.

Just because it's NOT what you want to SEE or HEAR does not change the fact that information has been given. Like I said, the sandwich you didn't like and the macaroni salad you won't eat doesn't change the fact that food was given to you.

From Nintendo's point of view, they could easily see that as enough for a quarter and I wouldn't blame them. The only reason it's not enough for people is because it isn't what they wanted to see or hear, but in reality we've already gotten a lot of reveals and information.

I don’t really think it’s because of Byleth? I feel like the Byleth hate has long passed. The main thing is that the Fighter’s Pass 2 has been on sale for roughly more than a month with almost nothing to show for it except a BotW mii costume, with the supposed physical version of said card coming out in two weeks in Japan. The original Fighter’s Pass didn’t even go on sale until Joker was revealed, at least I think. People probably want a Smash reveal so they could have incentive to buy the pass, and to be fair, when the smash DLC characters have consistently released every 2-3 months before now, it’s not crazy to think one would be revealed soon.
It's less about hating Byleth and more that people found Byleth as a weak reveal and thus want more despite just getting a Smash reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So ... what will Nintendo show since so much news and tweets keeps coming out like this.

Needs more Geno.
A lot, especially in the light that the Direct supposedly started being put together in November. Based on the rumors, the "news constipation" jokes are totally accurate. Nintendo's holding back an absurd amount of things so hopefully in a week or two things will be like this:

giphy (3).gif

D

Deleted member

A lot, especially in the light that the Direct supposedly started being put together in November. Based on the rumors, the "news constipation" jokes are totally accurate. Nintendo's holding back an absurd amount of things so hopefully in a week or two things will be like this:

View attachment 264834
all I ask is a list of games as long as the one I posted from the September 4 direct but with games Nintendo fans actually care about and zero ports.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Guys, I just realized. Besides Hero, Banjo and Terry, none of the DLC characters so far has had their name end in a vowel. I think Geno's been deconfirmed guys :(

Polarthief

Smash Lord

TBH at this point I just don't care. If there's no direct and they just post tweets like this, I really, truly, wouldn't care months from now. Hell I'd even laugh at the absurdity thinking back to it.

A lot, especially in the light that the Direct supposedly started being put together in November. Based on the rumors, the "news constipation" jokes are totally accurate. Nintendo's holding back an absurd amount of things so hopefully in a week or two things will be like this
Gonna cry when Zippo was wrong on a proper Paper Mario 3. That alone would make the direct massive for me. Geno would too, obviously, but game-wise, I really just want PM3. I would even settle for PM64 and/or TTYD ported (NOT EVEN REMADE) on Switch, and I'd instantly buy em for $20.

all I ask is a list of games as long as the one I posted from the September 4 direct but with games Nintendo fans actually care about and zero ports.
Oh don't you worry, there will most definitely be ports. Gotta get all those old games modern again and giving some games a better chance from the Wii U.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

View attachment 264834
Nintendo should make sure to be careful on know their limit of holding things with over confidence ...

star-wars-porkins-gif.gif

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Lax Chris, OF ALL PEOPLE, finds a 4chan leak fake because Geno is listed as a costume.

EVEN LAXCHRIS, OF ALL PEOPLE, THINKS GENO BEING A MII COSTUME IS STUPID AND HE WILL BE PLAYABLE!

HE'S IN.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alas, we shall always remember X-wing pilot....uh...what was his name again? Chubby, incompetent guy?
Porkins. Seriously, that was his name.

An unrelated bit of trivia - his actor also voiced one of the more memorable characters in Eternal Darkness (Maximilian Roivas, the main character's ancestor, who gradually goes insane and gives vivid descriptions of every enemy in the game).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, tread very carefully since things can change on the fly without any warning.
Screenshot_20200304-151140_YouTube.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Polarthief Polarthief Given Nintendo supposedly reached out to Zippo, Sabi, and KingZell to specifically tell them to STFU, Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, and more Microsoft games on Switch are probably true. That's at least four games that would be headliners for any kind of presentation, even E3, and that's not including all the other stuff rumored or Smash (which is virtually always front page worthy).

Other things to consider about this year beyond rumors:

-25th anniversary of Tales
-35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros
-30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Give me the direct Nintendo before i make your disappearance the gang's next mystery.
We can decry the lack of a direct without putting down a potential Ace Attorney spiritual successor complete with music by the guy that actually composed those games. The people in the Twitter comments are babies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Polarthief Polarthief Given Nintendo supposedly reached out to Zippo, Sabi, and KingZell to specifically tell them to STFU, Paper Mario, 2D Metroid, and more Microsoft games on Switch are probably true. That's at least four games that would be headliners for any kind of presentation, even E3, and that's not including all the other stuff rumored or Smash (which is virtually always front page worthy).
Where exactly is this whole "Nintendo reached out to them" thing coming from? I know people were talking throughout the last month about Nintendo cracking down on people but that seems to be more focused around stuff like actual hackers of their site/servers and press outlets leaking stuff like Pokemon.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’d argue even bigger evidence toward Paper Mario being true was GameXplain making an entire video on it

It’s funny cause they basically did this and then right after, completely stabbed zippo in the back when we didnt get a Feb direct. Jon went on some twitter rant saying “dont trust no names on the internet” or something despite the fact that they just backed his leak here.

GameXplain is like an evil corporation at this point

If there’s one thing that’s good about all this, it’s that we know they are too prideful to report on something that will be wrong. And , guess what, Jon made an entire video in November ranting about how spirits and assist trophies don’t deconfirm...

I know i’m beating a dead horse at this point, but I just still think it’s so funny how GX’s arrogance and pride can basically give us clues as to when to trust a leak or not, lol.

Poor zippo though. Gamexplain did him dirty

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
While evidence are stacking to good terms, just don't go too high to avoid crash if it turns out to be someone else instead.
Why avoid Crash? His chances are pretty good.

In all seriousness, I won't be upset if he's not next or even this year, as long as he's in, which he is ;)

Where exactly is this whole "Nintendo reached out to them" thing coming from?
Would love to see this too before I get super excited by what you said Fatman.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hello everyone. I'm still alive. I just haven't been posting a lot since I've been busy with college and catching up on movies.

Anywho, we are in March and for the first week there is no direct. If there is no direct in March, we may just have to wait until E3 then at that point which kind of sucks but that has gotten me wondering. Nintendo has seemingly been slowly revealing stuff. Pokemon direct, Smash direct, Animal Crossing direct, tweets, etc. If they got so much stuff to reveal, then they should be revealing that stuff soon. Like holy **** if they are holding back for this long, they must have an astronomical amount of content they are working on.

Oooooor, and this is probably just as likely, Nintendo doesn't have too much to show off so they are waiting to build up things to announce. All we know is that Nintendo has been really dragging their feet with this general direct. I wish we somehow knew what their mindset is. They should be aware of all the people asking where the direct is. Maybe they think these occasional directs are good enough to hold people over, even though it's clearly not helping much. Thank god I've been taking my mind away from this stuff. It would have been driving me crazy by now.

As for Geno, I'm still confident in him. I've got a good feeling we will see him by the end of this pass. I know people have speculated a lot on this, but Sakurai did say that there was a character that Nintendo refused. That would make total sense as to why there are 6 slots instead of 5 (This also likely means a compromise in the form of a shill pick like another Pokemon). Geno may have been that character. And this is another reason why I haven't been active. News just has been dry and it's boring going through the same conversations over and over.

While we are on the topic: My predictions for the direct:

Next Smash character teased
News on Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW 2

50/50 on there being Bayonetta 3 news. Really Platinum? You just got done Astral Chain and now you are working on a new game besides Bayonetta 3. This is a short rant, but Platinum just doesn't seem to have the manpower to handle more than one game at a time, hence the long wait for anything Bayonetta 3. I'm not expecting that game to come out for another year or two.

News and release date for No More heroes 3
A surprise new IP
Ports of older games like more Assassin's Creed games and Capcom's games
More of a want, but the announcement of a new Ace Attorney game
Maybe an announcement for Mario Kart 9
Just some surprises in general

As for when we are getting a direct? Who knows. There are rumors for a March direct, but there were plenty of rumors for a January and February direct as well. We've had things like GameStop SKUs pop up and the Smash channel being updated, all of which have lead up to nothing so far. What a drought.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Oooooor, and this is probably just as likely, Nintendo doesn't have too much to show off so they are waiting to build up things to announce
Extremely unlikely. They usually announce next year stuff at the last direct of the year. Last year told us nothing about this year. We have *NO* lineup at all. There is no way this is the reason. They're not just going to completely fold on the first half of the year when competitors are releasing next gen consoles.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Other things to consider about this year beyond rumors:

-25th anniversary of Tales
-35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros
-30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic is 29 this year, not 30.

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
So much to read, it's tough to keep up. Thanks for the kind words some pages back btw. All I have to say for now is that I hope a Direct happens next week, and that I would totally be on board for either a new "proper Paper Mario" or even just TTYD:Re... becuase TTYD is the most perfect game in all of existence... probably.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Where exactly is this whole "Nintendo reached out to them" thing coming from? I know people were talking throughout the last month about Nintendo cracking down on people but that seems to be more focused around stuff like actual hackers of their site/servers and press outlets leaking stuff like Pokemon.
Here's one article on the matter:

https://www.wired.com/story/nintendo-leaks-crack-down-animal-crossing-e3/

Beyond that, it just honestly makes sense, especially in the light that Sabi already was on incredibly thin ice and then blasted not only Zippo and King Zell's rumors but the Animal Crossing Direct.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Extremely unlikely. They usually announce next year stuff at the last direct of the year. Last year told us nothing about this year. We have *NO* lineup at all. There is no way this is the reason. They're not just going to completely fold on the first half of the year when competitors are releasing next gen consoles.
I see what you mean. I'm just being realistic. There is a possibility they just released too many games at once. 2019 was a very good year with plenty of titles. But with Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW 2 still about midway development there isn't a lot of big titles that are known for this year unless they have surprises (Which I'm sure they do have). I'm just feeling skeptical right now with this being the longest period in between directs. I would love to be proven wrong. I want Nintendo to blow our minds with this next Direct. Just keeping my hype in check though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom