• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I only have like a minute to comment on here since I am at work. But I think FP5 will be a Namco rep, specifically Lloyd Irving.
Good luck with Work all the best. I adore Tales of Symphonia if Lloyd is on I'm going to to be stolked.

Far as Who I'd replace well King K Rool's already in so... Okay he was my most wanted newcomer but since he's in now it would me probably replacing Dark Pit with Spyro. I'd make Dark Pit an alternate for Pit of course with his own moveset still in tact.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Plant is here so he can stay. He's got plenty of charm to my mind. I wouldn't personally drop any characters from Ultimate, but I do think that it would have been better for everyone involved if instead of Corrin back in the Smash 4 DLC, they'd done Azura. So I guess that's the closest I come to it.
I don't know if Azura would have helped things that much. two of the reasons that people groaned over Corrin's reveal was the FE fates hadn't even released outside of japan at that point (I think it was out in Japan at that time?), and the fact that people dislike how many characters FE has, neither of which Azura would really address or change.

D

Deleted member

tbh instead of getting rid of characters I just think Sakurai should've had more time to develop base game give him 2 or so more years and not only would we have gotten more modes, characters and maybe even trophies he likely wouldn't have had to push himself so hard as the man literally brought an IV machine to work.

Plus it would've meant we could've had a longer base game speculation and base game was the single best speculation season for Smash so more of that would've been great. Also Rex may have been added due to the extra time I see now downside to this instead of cutting characters we could've possibly seen Geno, Isaac and Rex get in alongside a few more echoes like Dixie and Shadow if the best came to pass.

That should've happened instead of this hypothetical get rid of a character deal because every character has the right to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
tbh instead of getting rid of characters I just think Sakurai should've had more time to develop base game give him 2 or so more years and not only would we have gotten more modes, characters and maybe even trophies he likely wouldn't have had to push himself so hard as the man literally brought an IV machine to work.

Plus it would've meant we could've had a longer base game speculation and base game was the single best speculation season for Smash so more of that would've been great. Also Rex may have been added due to the extra time I see now downside to this instead of cutting characters we could've possibly seen Geno, Isaac and Rex get in alongside a few more echoes like Dixie and Shadow if the best came to pass.

That should've happened instead of this hypothetical get rid of a character deal because every character has the right to be here.
Dixie Kong is too unique to be a Echo. She would be better suoted as a semi-clone or unique fighter instead. Dixie is not a girl Diddy, because most of ger moves are associated with her hair.

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong is too unique to be a Echo. She would be better suoted as a semi-clone or unique fighter instead. Dixie is not a girl Diddy, because most of ger moves are associated with her hair.
well they could give her DK's up-b like they did with Ike to Chrom and just re-tool the animation to fit Dixie's hair but I guess she could work and would likely work better as a semi-clone to Diddy like Luigi to Mario.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Every clone/semi-clone is capable of being original. In almost every case, clones are made clones because they can work as a clone, not because they can't work as unique. No one is saying it's the ideal way to represent them. Idk, except maybe Ken.

With a few alterations, Dixie would work as a clone.

ZelDan

Smash Master
As someone who wants Dixie in Smash, I honestly have no qualms with Dixie being an echo...as long as she gets the ken/Chrom treatment and not the Daisy/Richter treatment

I mean for one, Dixie CAN do the things that Diddy can do, if I'm not mistaken (she's acrobatic, she apparently has a pop gun at some point, obviously she would like and eat bananas). On top of that, I don't recall Dixie being able to do THAT much with her hair beyond spinning in the air and grabbing/tossing things (and grabbing hooks but that wouldn't really be a thing in Ultimate anyways). I haven't really played any of the bajillion DKC spinoffs though so I could very well be missing something.

So really, an echo moveset where she gets Diddy's neutral, side, and down special, but gets her up special to be like DK's instead where she spins in the air horizontally with her hair, and gets some unique animations, attack or otherwise, from Diddy, would be absolutely fine in my books.

I mean, Dixie could certainly be unique or semi-clone, and of course the "Dixie is just girl Diddy" comments are dumb as hell, but still, I don't think there's anything wrong with Dixie getting the echo treatment, as long as Sakurai does it justice or how i explained above.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well they could give her DK's up-b like they did with Ike to Chrom and just re-tool the animation to fit Dixie's hair but I guess she could work and would likely work better as a semi-clone to Diddy like Luigi to Mario.
As someone who wants Dixie in Smash, I honestly have no qualms with Dixie being an echo...as long as she gets the ken/Chrom treatment and not the Daisy/Richter treatment

I mean for one, Dixie CAN do the things that Diddy can do, if I'm not mistaken (she's acrobatic, she apparently has a pop gun at some point, obviously she would like and eat bananas). On top of that, I don't recall Dixie being able to do THAT much with her hair beyond spinning in the air and grabbing/tossing things (and grabbing hooks but that wouldn't really be a thing in Ultimate anyways). I haven't really played any of the bajillion DKC spinoffs though so I could very well be missing something.

So really, an echo moveset where she gets Diddy's neutral, side, and down special, but gets her up special to be like DK's instead where she spins in the air horizontally with her hair, and gets some unique animations, attack or otherwise, from Diddy, would be absolutely fine in my books.
I think this video from Delzethin Delzethin would better explain things:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wasn't that just for E3?
Yes and no. She was about to leak Banjo & Kazooie the night before and Nintendo's lawyers stopped her and gave her a C&D before she could take action. Sabi isn't legally able to leak Nintendo content anymore because of this.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't that just for E3?
"Don't leak our stuff" isn't exactly something that only stands for a single event.

It's only Sabi that got C&D so she can't say anything publicly about Nintendo leaks anymore. She can probably still say stuff in private circles but not publicly anymore.
If that's the case, they wouldn't be saying, on their own Twitter, "don't worry I'll find about Smash stuff soon."

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
"Don't leak our stuff" isn't exactly something that only stands for a single event.

If that's the case, they wouldn't be saying, on their own Twitter, "don't worry I'll find about Smash stuff soon."
It's probably a fake account. There is a lot of fake Sabi and Vergeben accounts that claim to be them.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
She can leak PlayStation and Xbox stuff but not Nintendo. Anyways, I'm getting off lunch so I have to go back to work.
I'm noting the wording "in regards to Smash, it'll be shared when I can." Which implies that they intend to leak it themselves, or at least pass the information along to others (which I still think is a Bad Idea, given that you're basically saying, publicly, "yeah I'm still leaking stuff I'm not supposed to but I'm getting other people to say it").

OffBi

Smash Ace
How would you feel if the next DK rep was jumpman from donkey Kong?

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'll be honest, I have a really tough time making cuts to this roster even if it means adding other characters because I've honestly gotten really lucky with my wishlist since Smash 4.

I wanted:

-Animal Crossing guy
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
-Ghirahim
-Miis
-Pac-Man
-Petey Piranha
-Ridley
-King K Rool
-Geno
-Waluigi
-Skull Kid
-Master Chief
-Cut Veterans

Smash 4 got most of that list pretty substantially, and Everyone is Here + K. Rool, Ridley, and Plant pretty much gave me everything I could've wanted. A few may have been AT'd, sure. But the remaining two (Master Chief and Geno) probably have a better chance of making it in now than they ever did before.

I'm satisfied with the roster the way it is. No changes, no cuts, additions welcome. :grin:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Absolutely not. Keep the actual meme character far away from Smash and put actual Mr. Valve into it if you have to choose. I think I despise the Heavy as a character option choice as much as I would a Fortnite rep. That's how little I want him anywhere near Smash, particularly when Gordon and Chell are infinitely better choices.
I understand you not wanting Heavy, but you don't need to downplay him like that. Other people here have made a better job explaining than I can, but Heavy and TF2 plenty of merit besides just "lol funny memes xd". As a Waluigi fan, this reminds me of how he's usually dismissed by some people as "just a meme pick" despite, again, having more merit than just that. I don't think it's fair to deem certain characters as just memes when they so clearly have more to them outside of internet culture, is all I'm trying to say.

I was half joking with that post and I honestly haven't played TF2, but I'd welcome Heavy with open arms personally.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Here art of geno i did on ms paint about a month ago
Geno.png

and here's art of him today
Gen.png

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
He's a throwaway compared to Gordon Freeman and Chell. I like TF2's gameplay to an extent, but Heavy is literally the most ****ing annoying character that has been associated with years of meme and junk internet culture. His personality is exactly why I don't want him in Smash. I also really hate the idea of deciding to choose any single member from TF2 when they're just classes like that. Dunno, just have very little love for TF2's world, characters, or entire modus operandi.
He really isn't though. Just because you don't like the memes doesn't mean he doesn't have a character outside the class you play. (I refer you once again to the very extensive world building valve has done with tf2) If we're being perfectly realistic, he's far more of a character than Gordon Freeman who, in and of himself isn't a character, as his entire character is at best informed by how people act towards him in universe. Same with chell. They're blank slate silent protagonists that the player puts themselves in the role of. Now I want to pause and say I agree that Gordon is ideal to rep valve. This argument seems mostly based on memes and personal bias.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Breaking News: Pokémon Sword & Shield have sold 6 million copies worldwide in one week (making them the fastest grossing Nintendo Switch games).

...I'm not exactly happy with this. I want Game Freak and Nintendo to actually see complaints and take them to heart (also, that accomplishment for quickest selling should still belong to Smash). All that statistic shows is that people will just buy anything it seems. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice The other day I asked Nintendo's reaction to the Sword / Shield backlash, and you said you couldn't say anything yet aside from pointing out things that Nintendo has already publicly done.

Well now I'd really like to know what Nintendo and/or Game Freak think after this statistic. Because now I worry they will just be like "oh, false alarm, I guess. Pokémon is fine."

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
There does seem to be a disconnect between pre release and post release. Pre release, everything Gamefreak announced was met with disdain, anger and complaints, worse than any other Pokemon game. Post release, the games are met with praise and literally printed money.

You'd think this was two different games over the whole cycle.

Dynamic Worlok

There does seem to be a disconnect between pre release and post release. Pre release, everything Gamefreak announced was met with disdain, anger and complaints, worse than any other Pokemon game. Post release, the games are met with praise and literally printed money.

Nobody is consistent with their ideals, and there's definitely a non zero amount of people who bought the game to spite people who were criticizing it. (I know this because I've seen people posting about it) and at the end of the day, it's pokemon, you could play as a piece of poop and it will sell like candy coated crack based on it's pedigree alone.

D

Deleted member

It's just sadly true what they say: die hard Pokemon fans are gonna buy it regardless. The Pokemon Company doesn't have to adhere to any quality and has no standards and the fans will support that.

Those kinds of fans deserve as much, really. Who am I to try to get fools to not part with their money?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Nobody is consistent with their ideals, and there's definitely a non zero amount of people who bought the game to spite people who were criticizing it. (I know this because I've seen people posting about it) and at the end of the day, it's pokemon, you could play as a piece of poop and it will sell like candy coated crack based on it's pedigree alone.
you also should count children too, if they are fans of pokemon but parents wish to not buy the game, they have to give in defeat to give their kid the newest entry to their favorite series.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

you also should count children too, if they are fans of pokemon but parents wish to not buy the game, they have to give in defeat to give their kid the newest entry to their favorite series.
That's also a very big factor

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I mean
It's just sadly true what they say: die hard Pokemon fans are gonna buy it regardless. The Pokemon Company doesn't have to adhere to any quality and has no standards and the fans will support that.

Those kinds of fans deserve as much, really. Who am I to try to get fools to not part with their money?
Because as we all know, the quality of a work is a set quantifiable value. The idea of something being good to some people and bad to others is just ridiculous. And the loudest on the internet clearly know this quantified value of all items and thus, anyone who purchases a product are just, as you say, fools.

Look, I have no problem with people not liking anything, but this kind of “everyone who doesn’t agree with us is wrong and/or dumb” mentality REALLY pisses me off.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I mean, there's also the people that recognize the flaws of the game but aren;t as bothered by them and still like what they outside of the flaws...

D

Deleted member

I mean

Because as we all know, the quality of a work is a set quantifiable value. The idea of something being good to some people and bad to others is just ridiculous. And the loudest on the internet clearly know this quantified value of all items and thus, anyone who purchases a product are just, as you say, fools.

Look, I have no problem with people not liking anything, but this kind of “everyone who doesn’t agree with us is wrong and/or dumb” mentality REALLY pisses me off.
"quality" might not be a quantifiable value in general, but this is a video game that has to live up to the level of quality of other video games, other Nintendo titles, and most importantly, other Pokemon games. The effort put into this product is objectively less than effort put even into Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and before release, you would think that lack of quality had turned some hearts against the games, but the sales numbers reveal a lack of true concern for quality products and a lack of concern for whether or not future products aim higher.

If kids are buying the game, great. If fans are buying the game, great. But if you ***** and moan for 2 weeks about the quality of the final product and you still buy the product, you quite frankly are dumb.

ZelDan

Smash Master
"quality" might not be a quantifiable value in general, but this is a video game that has to live up to the level of quality of other video games, other Nintendo titles, and most importantly, other Pokemon games. The effort put into this product is objectively less than effort put even into Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and before release, you would think that lack of quality had turned some hearts against the games, but the sales numbers reveal a lack of true concern for quality products and a lack of concern for whether or not future products aim higher.

If kids are buying the game, great. If fans are buying the game, great. But if you ***** and moan for 2 weeks about the quality of the final product and you still buy the product, you quite frankly are dumb.
Well, I can agree with the last sentence. Whenever people throw a temper tantrum over a video game and then end up buying it anyway, it's definitely suspect and makes me wonder if they were actually that mad about it in the first place or were just ****ting on the game to get some easy internet brownie points.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well, I can agree with the last sentence. Whenever people throw a temper tantrum over a video game and then end up buying it anyway, it's definitely suspect and makes me wonder if they were actually that mad about it in the first place or were just ****ting on the game to get some easy internet brownie points.
i was honestly feeling that way with Fire Emblem: Fates.but i tried to see the positives before judging the negatives, i would say that i find the negatives a lot more apparent.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

“The effort put into this product is objectively less than Let’s Go” Cite that. No, really, if you’re gonna say something is an objective fact, show me.

I agree with the last part though, same as ZelDan ZelDan . People who spent so much time and energy complaining about how much they hated the games just to turn around and buy them just to hate play it are pretty dumb.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I think this is the first time I’ve changed my profile picture on this site. I will miss you, Geno eating pancakes...

Anyways, Pokemon, wow. This is kind of disappointing news because Game Freak has been vindicated and they probably realize now that they can do anything they want and people will still buy their product.

Dynamic Worlok

I think this is the first time I’ve changed my profile picture on this site. I will miss you, Geno eating pancakes...

Anyways, Pokemon, wow. This is kind of disappointing news because Game Freak has been vindicated and they probably realize now that they can do anything they want and people will still buy their product.
I can only hope they took some of the non petty criticisms to heart. And I really hope TPC gives them more than a year to crank out another pokemon game... But they won't, not as long as it prints money annually

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It's still moving slower than the last few gens so it's not a total wash. The idea that it would sell under 8 figures was a pipe dream anyway so as long as it stays noticeably under sun and moon I'll call it a win.

Just please don't outsell smash, that would break my heart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom