• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
If you could replace any character of the roster with your most wanted newcomer, who would it be?
I’d say replace Wii Fit with Isaac. I know some people like her but I really don’t think a mannequin yoga instructor was necessary. I held off on Geno since he’s probably coming anyways, and Isaac’s in a tough spot rn

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It kinda feels like you are mixing up the actual character of the Heavy with the memes that surround him. They are not one in the same.
Maybe to some degree, but I don't like the Heavy's defining features in TF2 either (To be fair, I think aesthetically and sonically, nothing in TF2 really comes off as appealing to me). Whatever has clicked with people for years absolutely does not with me, and I find most of the TF2 cast insufferable to listen to in game.

Heavy is far from a throw away. He’s easily the game’s most popular character. You’d have label the whole cast as throwaways if Heavy is. There’s also a LOT more annoying internet characters that you could go with. As much as I like him Sans has become the definition of “annoying meme” but still made it in smash as a mii costume.
I mean, he's recognizable and important to TF2, sure. But he's poorly defined as the just the name of the class you're playing in the game. Honestly, Heavy is the most annoying online character to me. I don't know why, but he's one of the only other fictional characters besides Spongebob that I just have zero tolerance for as an existence.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I mean there are plenty of characters on the roster I would be fine with axing for free, much less to slip in Isaac or the Wa.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
If you could replace any character of the roster with your most wanted newcomer, who would it be?
I'd Say The Mii's with Zael, Calista, and Fawful. Characters i believe deserve more recognition for their history with nintendo and their stories. but i also love The Last Story.

Edit: Oh, i'd also swap out Corn on the cob and Fiery Garfield for Rayman and Heavy.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I would throw Corrin off that cliff for the Soul Stone without a second thought

EDIT: and my most wanted newcomer is Bomberman. When Bomberman gets the Bomberman assist trophy the game just explodes

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'd replace Piranha Plant with Toad. Toad has been my #1 since SM4SH was revealed and I first stepped into Smashboards and the speculation scene. Don't get me wrong, I love Piranha Plant, but I would kill to have had Toad finally get the recognition that he deserves for his status as a Nintendo icon. And even if Sakurai didn't change Peach's special, just replace the Toad in Peach's special with Toadsworth and the Toad in Daisy's special with a Dryite (because it fits the "Sarasaland is a Desert Kingdom" theme and Dryites are desert Toads wearing turbans and stuff, very cool) and boom, solved and also thematically appropriate.

EDIT: OH AND INCINEROAR FOR DECIDUEYE. I was so sad, I thought Decidueye was a lock.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
So I have a bit of a theory after Sabi leaked the upcoming Crash game. I think that by looking at upcoming game releases and reveals combined with the commonly discussed names and what happened with prior characters, we could get a better understanding of possible future characters

•Two months after Joker released, Persona 5 Royal and Scramble were announced.
•Two months after Hero released, DQ11S was announced
•Banjo is the exception here, but I think big fan requested retro reps can be disregarded here
•Samurai Showdown which was repped in Terry’s spirits, is getting a switch release two months (at least for Japan)

So I think that at this point we can tie most dlc characters to an upcoming announcements or releases.

Operating the assumption that the cacomallow is leak is real and not considering number 5 atm, I think I can predict with a bit of likelyhood a couple characters

•#6 will be Geno. Announced around January or February, when #5 comes out. He should release around March (which is also the month SMRPG came out). He wont end up tying to a release, except maybe a SNES online rerelease.
•#7 will be Doomguy, announced in March alongside the release of Doom Eternal. I dont think they delayed it for this reason, but they could have pushed it further back to line up with smash.

•#8 will be Crash, announced at E3. Since we dont know how far along his new game is, it could be revealed at the TGAs and released around E3, or just announced at E3

•As for #9, there’s not much to go with here, but I think we should keep an eye on capcom releases coming up to E3. They’ll probably be announced alongside Crash though.

I’m not gonna jump to any conclusions on who else could be in based on just upcoming releases, since we only have a couple “known names in the insider groups. This is just my guessing tbh, im not sure on any of this but I think it gives more weight to Crash and Doomguy

TLDR: Doomguy could be coming alongside doom eternal, Crash could be coming alongside the reveal or release of this new game
You know, Shantae 5 is supposed to release this year, I'd assume in December since there's not much time left to release in the year, VGAs in December with a possible Smash reveal.. haha, jk...

...Unless.
It's grasping I know, but that'd make me really happy.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Weighing in on Heavy. The way I see it he's basically the videogame equivalent of Shrek. He's popular because of stupid memes. He has about the same amount of actual value in that some people who love the franchise legitimately care about the character, but it's mostly memes and ****posts.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Maybe to some degree, but I don't like the Heavy's defining features in TF2 either (To be fair, I think aesthetically and sonically, nothing in TF2 really comes off as appealing to me). Whatever has clicked with people for years absolutely does not with me, and I find most of the TF2 cast insufferable to listen to in game.

I mean, he's recognizable and important to TF2, sure. But he's poorly defined as the just the name of the class you're playing in the game. Honestly, Heavy is the most annoying online character to me. I don't know why, but he's one of the only other fictional characters besides Spongebob that I just have zero tolerance for as an existence.
To each their own I guess. I have a lot of attachment to the game myself so I’d love to see any of them in

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hero. He/they are just a weird combination of very bland/generic design and bull**** mechanics. I would easily switch Hero for Geno. I unironically think Slime should have been the DQ rep instead of Hero.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Plant for just about anything. I just genuinely believe it was an awful roster choice. The single worst inclusion to date. Oh well, I guess it's a nice reminder not even Sakurai is perfect.

D

Deleted member

Piranha Plant for Geno easily. Piranha Plant was funny and interesting....for 5 minutes then the gimmick of being so bottom of the barrel that it's hilarious kinda faded away and now it's just a bottom of the barrel character.

He has an interesting moveset but that's the only saving grace he really has and even then I don't really like his playstyle/moveset so I don't care I just don't really like them at all. Piranha Plant for Geno easily but even then Piranha Plant for Isaac, Shadow, Rex/Pyra, You name it I'd prefer it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can't think of any character being a meme pick, tbh, let alone the Heavy. Honestly, I'd only call non-vidya meme-worthy, so only stuff like Goku or Luffy. After all, a lot of people like to unfairly make fun of Geno fans for liking a 'meme pick', so I just... don't feel comfortable pointing those kind of fingers.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
As much crap as I've given it I don't think plant is definitively the weakest choice on the roster. In a world where it didn't close out the worst presentation in history I might have just laughed and forgotten about it like the other joke characters he made. I'd say it's competing with corrin, incineroar, and isabelle for lamest pick and I don't know which I would crown.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I had this big post that was done but it was on Monday and it was overly snarky because I had some rough days at work and I guess I just felt like pelting out some of my aggression on posts that I saw that irritated me, so I removed most of it because you guys don't deserve that even if there are some questionable posts.

Between being ill and having ill family members and having more angry phone calls at work then I ever had while being at work and having to stay home for Thanksgiving BECAUSE I was really ill (and still recovering, but can't miss any more work) while my family travels up north without me...

Yeah, let's just say that Monday started off like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FBLI8gCzA and the last few hours were like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUtpTR_ozw and all of Tuesday was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBR9zCgAT8 with no Peach, Lazy Shell Armor, or Red Essence. Cute personal fun fact: as I mentioned, SMRPG music plays through my mouth and my head in my daily life, and all these songs popped up in my head those days and kinda pushed me forward to make it through my 10-hour shifts. Think of it as a personal anime moment, I guess ('Geno wouldn't give up against Smithy, and I won't give up either!' or something dumb like that). I'm positive most SMRPG fans are like this, but in my head I cannot hear Fight Against Culex without hearing the sound effect of Crystal.

However, I feel like a lot of people jumped on me for a fair comment and I want to address that.

You seriously need to expand your gaming horizons if Smash is one of the only games you consider worthwhile in recent years. Hell, it seems like a great game releases every other week for this year alone.
When I decide if I want to get a game, part of that decision making is based off a lot of research. I will research to see if the game looks good, if it's engaging, if it's buggy or unpolished...you know, typical stuff.

However, in the last five years or so, something strange has happened with gamers. They've started supporting incomplete games and broken games and buggy games and unpolished ones just because they love the company or the franchise, and if you refuse to do that YOU are the problem. They will mock and attack you and spend more money just to spite you for having standards, and it's disgusting. It puts true fans of the game into a horrible bind: do you support the game even though it's not nearly as good as it could be and know that you will get more of the same, or do you not support the game and get insulted for being a 'hater.'

Because of this, calling a game 'good' or 'great' means nothing. Games like SwSh and these horrible 2K20 games are getting rave reviews and people swear they are fantastic, but if these games are 'good' or 'great' then that becomes the new benchmark. Now things that these games have done that are unacceptable are now acceptable, and now games that might be better are ranked lower or games that are worse are ranked higher.

Feel free to call me a 'gamer boomer', but I remember when games didn't have another shot at glory once it was released: either your game was good and you got to make more, or it was bad and you struggled to keep up at best and faded away at worst. Many bad games are iconic for how bad they are rather than pretending they are good. When something didn't work, it was considered broken and objectively bad instead of a selling point/feature or something to just ignore and buy it anyway because of bias and agenda.

Thus, I have my own rating system, where 5/10 is average and 7/10 is above average. Nowadays, a game needs to hit that 7/10 for me to care. Games like Borderlands 3 (at launch, not after all the bad changes) and Kingdom Hearts III are a 6/10 which is just slightly above average and I struggle in whether or not to recommend them to friends but I acknowledge they are not bad, just not good or great. Then there are games like SwSh, Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man's Sky (launch), Sea of Thieves (launch), State of Decay 2 and many MANY more that either barely hit 5/10 or are MUCH lower and I only talk about them when dissing them for how good they could have been or arguing with blind fans that their game is flawed. Then, there are games like Smash Ultimate and God of War (and, for all intent and purposes, the first of the Final Fantasy 7 remakes which we all know is gonna be mind-gasmingly good even though it's not out for a small while yet) which are just flat out amazing and I can't recommend enough that if you haven't played them that you go and do that at your earliest convenience.

So no, I don't need to span my horizons, as I play a ton of games and have played a ton more. The difference here is that I'm extra critical because of how the modern day frames what games are 'good' when they are really only 'okay' at best. Currently, to me, Nintendo still holds that title for making games that are consistently actually good because they value fun over everything else, even with SwSh making a dent in that.

As I told someone on Twitter who said 'SwSh is fun, oh no I'm so controversial', you can enjoy products of bad quality. Kids used to kick around cans in the streets for fun. You can make fun out of just about anything, especially with friends and family. I love really bad horror movies, one of my favorites being the Puppet Master series which is just not good at all, but I love it anyway. Yet, I admit it's not good. The problem now is that if you like it, it's good and if you hate it, it's bad. There is no more complexity or nuance. On top of that, I will spend my money on what I think is worth it and you shall do the same. If I EVER tell someone that I disagree with what they spent their money on, it is not due to a bias or anything against them, but because I truly think what they spent their money on was a waste or simply was not worth the amount spent and I would hate to see them get more of the same down the road.

Anywho, enough about my passion for gaming and how it's gotten worse as it's gotten better. Onto other things...or so I'd like to say.
I hope it loses to KHIII
No game should lose to KHIII unless it's objectively a worse game, and that has only been done by a select few. I won't go crazy in here, but KHIII is a lot like SwSh where fans are defending it even though it clearly has issues and should have been closer to expectations, just that KHIII is a better game than SwSh at being at best a 6/10.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War pulled the same shifty business last year.
Gotta say, this is a little different because both God of War and RDR2 were really good games and it made sense that RDR2 won many of those awards even if I felt like other did better as GoW, RDR2 and Spiderman were all really good games.

Death Stranding has been very controversial, Control was decent but nothing incredibly ground-breaking and from devs that just finally starting figuring themselves out and making something good...yet they have all these nominations in all these categories and since some people involved with the game awards are also involved with the games (or at least Death Stranding, not sure about Control) that is where the controversy is because last year was the first year the VGAs felt like they mattered to gamers instead of being a joke. Would suck if suddenly this changes to be just more Hollywood icons and Mountain Dew sponsors.
EDIT: OH AND INCINEROAR FOR DECIDUEYE. I was so sad, I thought Decidueye was a lock.
So first off, let me make it clear: just like removing 400+ Pokemon was a bad idea, removing characters from Smash is a bad idea. Just because you don't like Toon Link or Young Link or Pichu or Incineroar doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I hated that Roy was gone in Brawl despite not playing his game of origin and I was so hype when he came back as DLC in Smash 4. An old friend of mine mained Toon Link in Brawl and would hate it if he was gone. This is the most ungodly selfish topic to have and we've had it a bunch of times before.

The reason for quoting this one over another one?

Incineroar actually offered something new and was the obvious pick from the get-go. Anyone who thought Decidueye was a lock, ESPECIALLY after his reveal for Pokken, was ignoring the signs. Decidueye would be yet another character with a bow and his main kit would likely revolve around it. No thanks, Incineroar was the better choice in every way. And yes, I will admit my bias here: of what little Ultimate I've been able to play, I fell in love with Incineroar immediately. I love playing the heavy that just gets up in your grill and makes you afraid to do all that much out of fear of getting destroyed, and much like Zangief, Incineroar has that sort of playstyle. So no, I'd rather keep my Chad Incineroar over the V-Card Decidueye.

Oh, and Incineroar bodied Decidueye in the anime, so it's canon.

Plant for just about anything. I just genuinely believe it was an awful roster choice. The single worst inclusion to date. Oh well, I guess it's a nice reminder not even Sakurai is perfect.
Hero. He/they are just a weird combination of very bland/generic design and bull**** mechanics. I would easily switch Hero for Geno. I unironically think Slime should have been the DQ rep instead of Hero.
This is exactly why these conversations are stupid: it's just a bunch of people spouting out their bias against a certain character and acting as if their favorite is a better fit when in reality it's nothing of the sort. I actually can't wait to try Hero because of how fun he looks to play and Plant is a fun gimmicky character that some players have actually found some success with and is a wonderful wacky Sakurai addition to the roster.

"Replace X character with Y because I like Y much better and X is a waste of a slot because of my own subjective opinion and not anything based in the reality of the situation. Curse X for being a stinky butthead! Y is MUCH better!"

The only argument I've seen that has any weight is vs Smash 4 Bayonetta because she was actually the best in the game. That is an objective argument that holds weight because of imbalance, not just a personal complaint.
Moving on, I think I will bring back my big post perhaps sometime after work tomorrow, but I have to send off my family first so depending on whether I try to recreate it's effort in length or decided to slim it down but carry the general point will determine whether or not it comes after my shift or the day after. Still, I hope you guys will be excited, as it pretty much counters just about any argument for someone who actually doesn't want Geno in the game.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Plant is a fun gimmicky character that some players have actually found some success with and is a wonderful wacky Sakurai addition to the roster.
I agree he is fun and he is wacky. Doesn't make him any less of a stupid addition. However, if you enjoy him that's all that matters.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As others have said, Geno for Piranha Plant is a no brainer and my most wanted was Banjo & Kazooie. So if I had to not go with the obvious....

I am about to show my obscure video game knowledge. Vahn from Legend of Legaia would be my "literal who" "I DON'T CARE!" pick and I would want them over Piranha Plant. (If anyone knows that game, I will genuinely be surprised.)

EDIT:
Guy with the blue hair.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's easy: I would trade Corrin for Goemon anyday of the year.

You know, Shantae 5 is supposed to release this year, I'd assume in December since there's not much time left to release in the year, VGAs in December with a possible Smash reveal.. haha, jk...

...Unless.
It's grasping I know, but that'd make me really happy.
Since it's already this late in November and in the year in general, and the fact they still haven't announced the release date for the game yet, I believe it's going to get pushed back to a 2020 release from how things are looking right now.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Pirahna Plant -> Isaac
incineroar -> Shovel Knight
Young Link -> Master Chief
Toon Link -> Dixie Kong
Dr. Mario -> Impa
Mii brawler -> Geno
Mii Gunner -> Sans
Mii Swordsman -> Elma
Pichu ->Edelgard

D

Deleted member

So I had this big post that was done but it was on Monday and it was overly snarky because I had some rough days at work and I guess I just felt like pelting out some of my aggression on posts that I saw that irritated me, so I removed most of it because you guys don't deserve that even if there are some questionable posts.

Between being ill and having ill family members and having more angry phone calls at work then I ever had while being at work and having to stay home for Thanksgiving BECAUSE I was really ill (and still recovering, but can't miss any more work) while my family travels up north without me...

Yeah, let's just say that Monday started off like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FBLI8gCzA and the last few hours were like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUtpTR_ozw and all of Tuesday was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBR9zCgAT8 with no Peach, Lazy Shell Armor, or Red Essence. Cute personal fun fact: as I mentioned, SMRPG music plays through my mouth and my head in my daily life, and all these songs popped up in my head those days and kinda pushed me forward to make it through my 10-hour shifts. Think of it as a personal anime moment, I guess ('Geno wouldn't give up against Smithy, and I won't give up either!' or something dumb like that). I'm positive most SMRPG fans are like this, but in my head I cannot hear Fight Against Culex without hearing the sound effect of Crystal.

However, I feel like a lot of people jumped on me for a fair comment and I want to address that.

When I decide if I want to get a game, part of that decision making is based off a lot of research. I will research to see if the game looks good, if it's engaging, if it's buggy or unpolished...you know, typical stuff.

However, in the last five years or so, something strange has happened with gamers. They've started supporting incomplete games and broken games and buggy games and unpolished ones just because they love the company or the franchise, and if you refuse to do that YOU are the problem. They will mock and attack you and spend more money just to spite you for having standards, and it's disgusting. It puts true fans of the game into a horrible bind: do you support the game even though it's not nearly as good as it could be and know that you will get more of the same, or do you not support the game and get insulted for being a 'hater.'

Because of this, calling a game 'good' or 'great' means nothing. Games like SwSh and these horrible 2K20 games are getting rave reviews and people swear they are fantastic, but if these games are 'good' or 'great' then that becomes the new benchmark. Now things that these games have done that are unacceptable are now acceptable, and now games that might be better are ranked lower or games that are worse are ranked higher.

Feel free to call me a 'gamer boomer', but I remember when games didn't have another shot at glory once it was released: either your game was good and you got to make more, or it was bad and you struggled to keep up at best and faded away at worst. Many bad games are iconic for how bad they are rather than pretending they are good. When something didn't work, it was considered broken and objectively bad instead of a selling point/feature or something to just ignore and buy it anyway because of bias and agenda.

Thus, I have my own rating system, where 5/10 is average and 7/10 is above average. Nowadays, a game needs to hit that 7/10 for me to care. Games like Borderlands 3 (at launch, not after all the bad changes) and Kingdom Hearts III are a 6/10 which is just slightly above average and I struggle in whether or not to recommend them to friends but I acknowledge they are not bad, just not good or great. Then there are games like SwSh, Fallout 76, Anthem, No Man's Sky (launch), Sea of Thieves (launch), State of Decay 2 and many MANY more that either barely hit 5/10 or are MUCH lower and I only talk about them when dissing them for how good they could have been or arguing with blind fans that their game is flawed. Then, there are games like Smash Ultimate and God of War (and, for all intent and purposes, the first of the Final Fantasy 7 remakes which we all know is gonna be mind-gasmingly good even though it's not out for a small while yet) which are just flat out amazing and I can't recommend enough that if you haven't played them that you go and do that at your earliest convenience.

So no, I don't need to span my horizons, as I play a ton of games and have played a ton more. The difference here is that I'm extra critical because of how the modern day frames what games are 'good' when they are really only 'okay' at best. Currently, to me, Nintendo still holds that title for making games that are consistently actually good because they value fun over everything else, even with SwSh making a dent in that.

As I told someone on Twitter who said 'SwSh is fun, oh no I'm so controversial', you can enjoy products of bad quality. Kids used to kick around cans in the streets for fun. You can make fun out of just about anything, especially with friends and family. I love really bad horror movies, one of my favorites being the Puppet Master series which is just not good at all, but I love it anyway. Yet, I admit it's not good. The problem now is that if you like it, it's good and if you hate it, it's bad. There is no more complexity or nuance. On top of that, I will spend my money on what I think is worth it and you shall do the same. If I EVER tell someone that I disagree with what they spent their money on, it is not due to a bias or anything against them, but because I truly think what they spent their money on was a waste or simply was not worth the amount spent and I would hate to see them get more of the same down the road.

Anywho, enough about my passion for gaming and how it's gotten worse as it's gotten better. Onto other things...or so I'd like to say.
No game should lose to KHIII unless it's objectively a worse game, and that has only been done by a select few. I won't go crazy in here, but KHIII is a lot like SwSh where fans are defending it even though it clearly has issues and should have been closer to expectations, just that KHIII is a better game than SwSh at being at best a 6/10.

Gotta say, this is a little different because both God of War and RDR2 were really good games and it made sense that RDR2 won many of those awards even if I felt like other did better as GoW, RDR2 and Spiderman were all really good games.

Death Stranding has been very controversial, Control was decent but nothing incredibly ground-breaking and from devs that just finally starting figuring themselves out and making something good...yet they have all these nominations in all these categories and since some people involved with the game awards are also involved with the games (or at least Death Stranding, not sure about Control) that is where the controversy is because last year was the first year the VGAs felt like they mattered to gamers instead of being a joke. Would suck if suddenly this changes to be just more Hollywood icons and Mountain Dew sponsors.
So first off, let me make it clear: just like removing 400+ Pokemon was a bad idea, removing characters from Smash is a bad idea. Just because you don't like Toon Link or Young Link or Pichu or Incineroar doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I hated that Roy was gone in Brawl despite not playing his game of origin and I was so hype when he came back as DLC in Smash 4. An old friend of mine mained Toon Link in Brawl and would hate it if he was gone. This is the most ungodly selfish topic to have and we've had it a bunch of times before.

Incineroar actually offered something new and was the obvious pick from the get-go. Anyone who thought Decidueye was a lock, ESPECIALLY after his reveal for Pokken, was ignoring the signs. Decidueye would be yet another character with a bow and his main kit would likely revolve around it. No thanks, Incineroar was the better choice in every way. And yes, I will admit my bias here: of what little Ultimate I've been able to play, I fell in love with Incineroar immediately. I love playing the heavy that just gets up in your grill and makes you afraid to do all that much out of fear of getting destroyed, and much like Zangief, Incineroar has that sort of playstyle. So no, I'd rather keep my Chad Incineroar over the V-Card Decidueye.

This is exactly why these conversations are stupid: it's just a bunch of people spouting out their bias against a certain character and acting as if their favorite is a better fit when in reality it's nothing of the sort. I actually can't wait to try Hero because of how fun he looks to play and Plant is a fun gimmicky character that some players have actually found some success with and is a wonderful wacky Sakurai addition to the roster.

"Replace X character with Y because I like Y much better and X is a waste of a slot because of my own subjective opinion and not anything based in the reality of the situation. Curse X for being a stinky butthead! Y is MUCH better!"

The only argument I've seen that has any weight is vs Smash 4 Bayonetta because she was actually the best in the game. That is an objective argument that holds weight because of imbalance, not just a personal complaint.
Moving on, I think I will bring back my big post perhaps sometime after work tomorrow, but I have to send off my family first so depending on whether I try to recreate it's effort in length or decided to slim it down but carry the general point will determine whether or not it comes after my shift or the day after. Still, I hope you guys will be excited, as it pretty much counters just about any argument for someone who actually doesn't want Geno in the game.
I was honestly joking when I said I hope Iceborne loses to KHIII. From what I've heard it's by all accounts amazing and a massive improvement to what was already one of my favorite games from last year.
But I wouldn't know because it's not on PC yet ****ing why Capcom

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Piranha Plant, I wouldn't even replace it with my most wanted I just get rid of Piranha Plant.
woah woah calm down wynn. If you say you hate plant all the 4 chan users who totally requested plant for years will call you a salty geno#### and dab on you. Oh god there coming. Oh no. OH GOD. WYNN RUN.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't hate Piranha Plant (I don't love it either - but getting worked up about optional characters seems pointless to me), though I think the character does prove that no matter who gets added to Smash, no matter what people may say about them pre-addition, they'll get defended once they're added.

It's reassuring to know just how readily some people will change their tune once it conflicts with the roster. And by reassuring, I mean discouraging.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
As others have said, Geno for Piranha Plant is a no brainer and my most wanted was Banjo & Kazooie. So if I had to not go with the obvious....

I am about to show my obscure video game knowledge. Vahn from Legend of Legaia would be my "literal who" "I DON'T CARE!" pick and I would want them over Piranha Plant. (If anyone knows that game, I will genuinely be surprised.)

EDIT:
Guy with the blue hair.
I know that game. I've never had the chance to play it but have always wanted to. Someday.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I know that game. I've never had the chance to play it but have always wanted to. Someday.
Fair warning, It is a HARD game to find. Not a lot of copies exist, but I would highly encourage others to play it. Especially if you like RPG's and interesting fighting mechanics. Also...the grind...Lord, the grind have mercy lol.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Fair warning, It is a HARD game to find. Not a lot of copies exist, but I would highly encourage others to play it. Especially if you like RPG's and interesting fighting mechanics. Also...the grind...Lord, the grind have mercy lol.
The combination is so interesting. It's why I want it so much. As for not being many copies, well..., I know some unsavory methods to get around needing things like disks or consoles. Really the biggest thing stopping me is time. I just started a new job and only get gaming time on weekends. It makes playing through older games and balancing new releases so much harder. Curse you world I want my youth back!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

This is it, chief. I'm much more for decloning than replacement.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys i just thought of something. People say spirits cant be in the game because it would not make sense to add something for a character if they had no plans for them and cus there already represented.

Of course we said for extra dlc the fighters could be spirit upgrades cus its outside of the og plan, but people still say its impossible cus it would not make sense to have a fight who is a spirit and the old spirit in the game.

Basically they think it wont happen because they think it not possible for the old spirit and the a fighter who was a spirit can be in the same game cus it would not make sense.

But there has been a similar situation with another character from another game.

Gill from sf5 was a dlc skin in 2017. So many people thought he was never going to be a fighter, but in 2019 gill got announced to be a fighter. This could be a similar situation to smash were he was not planned at the time but got in later. They did not have to get rid of the skin or anything they just added gill with the skin sill in game.

I know sf5 and smash are two different games with different workers supporting them, but it does show that having a character get upgrade even if there are in the game in some form is not a brand new thing and is not impossible

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

You know for someone who’s all about freedom of speech and not getting offended over what other people say you sure do get triggered and holier than thou over other people’s own subjective opinions on something as unimportant as what video game characters we like more than others. We’re just answering someone else’s question. You are hyped for Hero? Great! I personally don’t care for the character’s playstyle (he just feels like a Link+Robin with the added spell menu) and design and that’s it. Oh actually he’s also a very annoying character to play against. Lots of people don’t really like Hero for those reasons. Lots of people do. Not everyone is going to like every single character in a 70+ character roster. It’s not even a Geno vs Hero thing at this point. Even if Geno was deconfirmed tomorrow I’d still take plenty of characters over Hero. Plenty of people have those kinds of feelings about this roster, To try to shame us over it and put words in our mouths when we were just answering a simple question is just lame.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord

About the replacement argument, I think your taking this a little too seriously my guy, people aren’t actually going to request these characters get replaced with their own, this is just a game
(Also your telling me you always thought it would be incineroar?)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
As a Geno fan who loves Piranha Plant it can be... a little difficult reading this thread sometimes, not gonna lie.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Plant is here so he can stay. He's got plenty of charm to my mind. I wouldn't personally drop any characters from Ultimate, but I do think that it would have been better for everyone involved if instead of Corrin back in the Smash 4 DLC, they'd done Azura. So I guess that's the closest I come to it.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Plant is here so he can stay. He's got plenty of charm to my mind. I wouldn't personally drop any characters from Ultimate, but I do think that it would have been better for everyone involved if instead of Corrin back in the Smash 4 DLC, they'd done Azura. So I guess that's the closest I come to it.
Who tf is azura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom