• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget about his cloud partner from the same game.

You know what rhymes with my username? That's right, Mallow Kart, baby! Let's get him in there too.
Anyone who wants Mallow in any game deserves him. He's such a pure, cute character and would make for a great additional character to any roster.

I'm hoping he and Geno make it into Smash in some way, shape or form. If Geno's a character and Mallow is a hat I 10000% will be emotional.

SIDE NOTE - I started another playthrough of SMRPG that I'm playing on YouTube. I'm going to hashtag #GenoForSmash in every title and link to Operation Starfall, so even if you don't watch it (we've all played the game) the views might mean something for the Op Starfall mission! (I also play Mario RPG fan games and I'm hoping to try some randomizer stuff too if you're into that on YT! Sorry for shameless promotion....)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The reality is that the Mario franchise is kind of bleak when it comes to getting original and interesting characters included into spin-offs or appearing in more than one game. As long as Miyamoto is calling the shots we’re going to be getting generic enemies, babies/metal variations of characters for years to come.

I’m happy to see the koopa kids come back. Roy’s my boy. But it’s frustrating that RPG characters from the Paper Mario series or Mario & Luigi are completely ignored even when there are a lot of fan requests for them to show up elsewhere.

But to be honest I do think that Geno actually seems to be a solid candidate for being added as a regular to mario spin offs and whatnot in the future. Despite the rights stuff Nintendo has officially referenced him more in the past 3 years than they ever have before and if there really was talk about him in the Nintendo offices in years past maybe it’s something they’re looking into. I especially think this now considering they talk couldn’t have been for SSBU considering the rumor is he was planned to be a costume before S2 was decided upon. It very well could have been Nintendo possibly looking at putting him into their spin-offs as an experiment to see if he’d prove to be popular with mainstream audiences. If he does show up in SSBU and they see a big reaction to him I could very well also see SE and Nintendo hashing out some sort of deal for using him and Mallow further.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The reality is that the Mario franchise is kind of bleak when it comes to getting original and interesting characters included into spin-offs or appearing in more than one game. As long as Miyamoto is calling the shots we’re going to be getting generic enemies, babies/metal variations of characters for years to come.

I’m happy to see the koopa kids come back. Roy’s my boy. But it’s frustrating that RPG characters from the Paper Mario series or Mario & Luigi are completely ignored even when there are a lot of fan requests for them to show up elsewhere.

But to be honest I do think that Geno actually seems to be a solid candidate for being added as a regular to mario spin offs and whatnot in the future. Despite the rights stuff Nintendo has officially referenced him more in the past 3 years than they ever have before and if there really was talk about him in the Nintendo offices in years past maybe it’s something they’re looking into. I especially think this now considering they talk couldn’t have been for SSBU considering the rumor is he was planned to be a costume before S2 was decided upon. It very well could have been Nintendo possibly looking at putting him into their spin-offs as an experiment to see if he’d prove to be popular with mainstream audiences. If he does show up in SSBU and they see a big reaction to him I could very well also see SE and Nintendo hashing out some sort of deal for using him and Mallow further.
It is nonsense,

ABSOLUTE nonsense,

that between Mario Hoops, Mario Sports Mix, and Fortune Street, all Mario spinoffs made by this little company called SQUARE ENIX, the ONLY Super Mario RPG references made are music tracks in Fortune Street

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Anyone who wants Mallow in any game deserves him. He's such a pure, cute character and would make for a great additional character to any roster.

I'm hoping he and Geno make it into Smash in some way, shape or form. If Geno's a character and Mallow is a hat I 10000% will be emotional.

SIDE NOTE - I started another playthrough of SMRPG that I'm playing on YouTube. I'm going to hashtag #GenoForSmash in every title and link to Operation Starfall, so even if you don't watch it (we've all played the game) the views might mean something for the Op Starfall mission! (I also play Mario RPG fan games and I'm hoping to try some randomizer stuff too if you're into that on YT! Sorry for shameless promotion....)
DUDE I want Mallow in Smash so bad too. At the very least, he should be in Geno's taunts and victory screens a la Morgana and Slime, because just a Mii hat won't cut it for me. I can already picture him vibrantly jumping and waving his hands around by Geno's side in HD, let's hope that can become a reality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
DUDE I want Mallow in Smash so bad too. At the very least, he should be in Geno's taunts and victory screens a la Morgana and Slime, because just a Mii hat won't cut it for me. I can already picture him vibrantly jumping and waving his hands around by Geno's side in HD, let's hope that can become a reality.
Mallow: Looking cool, Geno!

Sorry, I just had to do it.

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
A Smash Ultimate Leak is very likely to be revealed in the 2nd week of December.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If you mean the hope and despair tweets, they literally said that it wasn’t a Smash hint in the second tweet
I mean yeah they said that, but it could also be a "plausible deniability thing"
If she teased monokuma only to be "lol jk" that would be a pretty **** move of them, tbh. I hate when people do that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Smash Ultimate Leak is very likely to be revealed in the 2nd week of December.
Not to be a jackass but at this rate, by the time anything gets leaked it isn't going to matter that much.

I mean yeah they said that, but it could also be a "plausible deniability thing"
If she teased monokuma only to be "lol jk" that would be a pretty **** move of them, tbh. I hate when people do that.
I think most of us agree that Sabi could work on their attitude, but I believe them when they say they're not making hints at Smash, especially given the above quoted tweets. It's safe to say that so far, their one source knows #5 and can only tell us the MallowDemon leak, if real, has nothing to do with that fighter.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If your going to make us wait untill the week of tga at the earliest then I don't even see the point of leaking it at all tbh. If we have to put in the time anyway at the very least we should get to enjoy the surprise.

D

Deleted member

If your going to make us wait untill the week of tga at the earliest then I don't even see the point of leaking it at all tbh. If we have to put in the time anyway at the very least we should get to enjoy the surprise.
To be fair, they aren't shoving it in your face. If the surprise means anything, just don't pay them any attention. I'll still appreciate when it leaks because if I had 100% faith in these people, it would mean I could skip watching something as vapid as The Game Awards, but since I only have 90% faith in them at the highest, it'll be an adventure just to see if they're right.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
To be fair, they aren't shoving it in your face. If the surprise means anything, just don't pay them any attention. I'll still appreciate when it leaks because if I had 100% faith in these people, it would mean I could skip watching something as vapid as The Game Awards, but since I only have 90% faith in them at the highest, it'll be an adventure just to see if they're right.
They might not be, but if they come down hard on something you would be kidding yourself to think it won't spread across the net like wildfire. The only other option is to avoid using any social part of the internet entirely, including here, and the only way you would know to need to do that is when some headline or thumbnail is staring you in the face.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
What day of the VGA's was Joker dropped? People make it sound like a multiple day event.
VGA's is a single night event. It's like any other awards show.

Joker was revealed closer to the end of the show. People aren't enthused about a Smash reveal because many people don't want to have to sit through another VGA to see the reveal, since not everyone like watching it. I didn't mind, and am willing to watch the VGA's all the way through...

...that is I would if I didn't have stuff going on in that timeframe.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So this is an important thing to remember guys. Sabi says that not very many people know the new character, so if it leaks right now, Nintendo will have a pretty good idea whose fault it is. And if that happens, if they’re lucky they’ll just get fired. That’s why the source isn’t saying anything yet, and I don’t blame them.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
They really need to fix their spin-off rosters. Stop with the babies, the metals, the mooks and the baby metal mooks. Actually USE your character universe. Give the spotlight to lessen known characters. Maybe that will help elevate them to big name characters. Give time to those games that are on hiatus so we don't have to keep hearing that 'irrelevant' crap. And be consistent. Why have Diddy in one game but not the other?

What, some characters can't be used as it wouldn't make sense for them in the spin-off context? Yea, well, having Fox be in a fighting game since he strictly uses vehicles in his game is impossible I guess.

Fire Emblem made a games with all their many different characters. You don't see FE with Marth, Metal Marth, Baby Marth, Cat Marth, Doctor Marth or Marth in a Sombrero Marth on the roster outside of Smash Bros, do you, Nintendo? So please fix your kart/sports rosters. More Geno, Less Pink Diamond Bombomb.
More Geno, Less Pink Diamond Bombomb.
PinkDiamondBobOmb.png

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Agreed heavily. The general state of Mario Kart at the moment is just depressing as hell. We’re stuck with a port and a ****ty mobile game as Mario Kart fans with no sign of Mario Kart 9 in sight while the Smash Bros. fanbase gets treated to a five course meal (a new game and plenty of DLC)
How do you think Mario Party fans feel?... :(

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
I can see Mallow being a part of Geno's Final Smash as well, just like with Ness, Lucas and Robin. When Geno first activates it, it starts with Mallow appearing and casting Shocker on the middle of the stage. Anyone caught in the initial strike is completely immobilized as Geno either uses Geno Flash or Geno Blast to finish them off. Anyone who avoided the Shocker, are still free to move and attempt to avoid Geno's attack. I'm probably not the first to think of that though, lol.

D

Deleted member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ddw3hupXlo

Our favourite Smash chanel posted something about the Gordan Freeman thing seems like the guy had Half-Life news and it included Gordon getting in Smash. Probably nothing though.

Respect to the dude I guess. For clarifying something for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I can see Mallow being a part of Geno's Final Smash as well, just like with Ness, Lucas and Robin. When Geno first activates it, it starts with Mallow appearing and casting Shocker on the middle of the stage. Anyone caught in the initial strike is completely immobilized as Geno either uses Geno Flash or Geno Blast to finish them off. Anyone who avoided the Shocker, are still free to move and attempt to avoid Geno's attack. I'm probably not the first to think of that though, lol.
That's... actually a brilliant idea and I don't know why I didn't think of that before lmao. I can picture Mallow using Shocker right by Geno's side, which would have a hitbox similar to the Jinjonator's statue in Banjo's FS, and triggering a cutscene where Geno turns into a cannon and unleashes Geno Flash upon the captured foes. That'd be the bee's knees.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm the only person who wants to see Geno Whirl be his Final Smash and actually do 999.9% before literally blowing the victim up. It's kind of hard to not want Geno Blast to be his Final Smash, though, since it's sort of hard to come up with a way to make it be an average special.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Considering it seems that Piranha Plant was intended for base (or at the very least isn't considered the same as other DLC), I don't think it should really factor into the equation.
I know we've probably moved past this, but this is entirely why I specified. I can see 2-3 passes, or just characters coming in batches of five, the extra one being pp who isnt really a dlc fighter
Edited because I forgot a word

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
OK, just to be sure, I haven't missed Fatmanonice's epic post yet have I?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I feel like I'm the only person who wants to see Geno Whirl be his Final Smash and actually do 999.9% before literally blowing the victim up. It's kind of hard to not want Geno Blast to be his Final Smash, though, since it's sort of hard to come up with a way to make it be an average special.
I actually imagine Geno Blast serving as his Down B, acting like Pikachu's Thunder, except it's multiple beams of light descending in front of Geno until they reach his foot's height. Each individual beam wouldn't be as strong as Thunder, but they'd have their purposes like edge guarding, I guess.

Geno Flash is way more apt for his FS, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

I actually imagine Geno Blast serving as his Down B, acting like Pikachu's Thunder, except it's multiple beams of light descending in front of Geno until they reach his foot's height. Each individual beam wouldn't be as strong as Thunder, but they'd have their purposes like edge guarding, I guess.

Geno Flash is way more apt for his FS, in my opinion.
Legacy XP using it as his recovery move is something that really grew on me.

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
I also had idea for a fun little gimmick Geno could have. I remember someone mentioning that one of Geno's taunts should be him lifting his hat and pulling out an item that has no effect and is only for show.

But what if it DID have an effect? It's already established that some taunts can do damage or effect battle in small ways, so why not give him a taunt that's completely randomized like Hero's magic casting? Every item he pulls from his hat is random, and most won't have any effect, for example, Honey Syrup, so you can't just spam it for benefits. But very rarely he can pull an item that does have a effect:

Mushroom: Heal a small amount of damage.
Bracer: Reduces damage and knockback Geno takes briefly
Energizer: Increases damage and knockback Geno does briefly
Sleepy Bomb: Puts anyone near Geno to sleep for a few seconds
Fire Bomb: Creates an explosion around Geno with decent knockback.
Ice Bomb: Freezes anyone nearby Geno briefly

And the two rarest ones to get:
Rock Candy: Unleashes an attack that looks and acts like a slightly weaker PK Starstorm that spreads across the screen.
Yoshi-Ade: A combination of the Bracer and Energizer, that lasts slightly longer.

I dunno, just a fun idea. It just goes to show how much potential Geno has to be fun to play as, which is exactly what appeals to Sakurai more than anything.

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
I also had idea for a fun little gimmick Geno could have. I remember someone mentioning that one of Geno's taunts should be him lifting his hat and pulling out an item that has no effect and is only for show.

But what if it DID have an effect? It's already established that some taunts can do damage or effect battle in small ways, so why not give him a taunt that's completely randomized like Hero's magic casting? Every item he pulls from his hat is random, and most won't have any effect, for example, Honey Syrup, so you can't just spam it for benefits. But very rarely he can pull an item that does have a effect:

Mushroom: Heal a small amount of damage.
Bracer: Reduces damage and knockback Geno takes briefly
Energizer: Increases damage and knockback Geno does briefly
Sleepy Bomb: Puts anyone near Geno to sleep for a few seconds
Fire Bomb: Creates an explosion around Geno with decent knockback.
Ice Bomb: Freezes anyone nearby Geno briefly

And the two rarest ones to get:
Rock Candy: Unleashes an attack that looks and acts like a slightly weaker PK Starstorm that spreads across the screen.
Yoshi-Ade: A combination of the Bracer and Energizer, that lasts slightly longer.

I dunno, just a fun idea. It just goes to show how much potential Geno has to be fun to play as, which is exactly what appeals to Sakurai more than anything.
I would quite like this idea if it worked only when items were enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom