• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

RIP Sword Shield Pokemon for character 5.
Welp, Goodbye Chances for Scorbunny or Grooky Evolutions, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Edit: Sorry sorry, i thought it was funny i'll stop because i know there might still be a chance.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Welp, Goodbye Chances for Scorbunny or Grooky Evoultions, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Edit: Sorry sorry, i thought it was funny i'll stop because i know there might still be a chance.
.....Wait, isn't it kind of odd that we think these Pokemon Sword and Shield disconfirm characters from that game as playable...

Yet we still want Geno and think he will be playable as DLC, even though he is a spirit now?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Damn, just reading you talk about those games makes me wanna play them lol. A Bomberman Mii Costume is something I thought of a while back and honestly, I'd take it if it was the best we could get. I already made a Mii Gunner from his likeness anyway, so that would only make it more accurate to the real thing which is nice.

Lmao I literally just thought of that as I wrote, but it's totally true the more I think about it.
Yeah because of this conversation I found some Super Bomberman 2 music on YouTube and now I’m super in nostalgia mode lol. That raises a question though, would the Mii costume be a gunner since bombs are projectiles or a brawler because Bomberman doesn’t have an arm cannon? I lean towards brawler cause of that and the Shot Put kinda looks like a bomb (and also I prefer playing brawler lol)

Now we just need someone to make fanart of that lol, unfortunately I’m not exactly an artist

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
In my opinion, people shouldn't think Pokémon Sword & Shield Spirits deconfirm any playable Gen 8 character and then celebrate.

That is the type of behavior that gives the Smash fanbase a bad rap. You wouldn't want people to celebrate if Geno ended up being a Mii costume again, would you? Not trying to be this thread's dad, but try and model someone better and don't be the stereotypical fan who gives into the tribalism. I myself don't personally want a Sword & Shield Pokémon, but I'm not gonna cheer if one gets deconfirmed.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
.....Wait, isn't it kind of odd that we think these Pokemon Sword and Shield disconfirm characters from that game as playable...

Yet we still want Geno and think he will be playable as DLC, even though he is a spirit now?
Might be, Geno may be a spirit but it's likely he'll still become playable and i can see that happening for others as well even Pokemon. though honestly i think the series had enough characters for one game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Might be, Geno may be a spirit but it's likely he'll still become playable and i can see that happening for others as well even Pokemon. though honestly i think the series had enough characters for one game.
Rillaboom would be one last character to add in this game that I would be fine with.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Yeah because of this conversation I found some Super Bomberman 2 music on YouTube and now I’m super in nostalgia mode lol. That raises a question though, would the Mii costume be a gunner since bombs are projectiles or a brawler because Bomberman doesn’t have an arm cannon? I lean towards brawler cause of that and the Shot Put kinda looks like a bomb (and also I prefer playing brawler lol)

Now we just need someone to make fanart of that lol, unfortunately I’m not exactly an artist
I feel like Bomberman is just suited to a Mii Gunner a lot more myself. A lot of Gunner's custom moves are explosives and I mean, the explosions from his bombs could basically count as projectiles, right... right?

I'd totally make fanart of the two if I had the talent, but unfortunately the best I can do I some ****ty Photoshop edit lol. Hmm, might not be a bad idea, actually...
In my opinion, people shouldn't think Pokémon Sword & Shield Spirits deconfirm any playable Gen 8 character and then celebrate.

That is the type of behavior that gives the Smash fanbase a bad rap. You wouldn't want people to celebrate if Geno ended up being a Mii costume again, would you? Not trying to be this thread's dad, but try and model someone better and don't be the stereotypical fan who gives into the tribalism. I myself don't personally want a Sword & Shield Pokémon, but I'm not gonna cheer if one gets deconfirmed.
Indeed. I can understand the deconfirm part even if I disagree myself, not so much the celebrate part though. We should commemorate other people's success instead of their failures the way I see it. You know, just like we do to ourselves.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace

I know Geno relies on the whole “spirits dont deconfirm”, but I think can probably rule out any event spirits or spirits that come with other fighters. At release wave 2 wasnt slated, and Geno wasnt coming in the pass. Now however, wave 2 is in the works and wave 3 may be in consideration, so I think we can rule out pokemon for awhile

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I feel like Bomberman is just suited to a Mii Gunner a lot more myself. A lot of Gunner's custom moves are explosives and I mean, the explosions from his bombs could basically count as projectiles, right... right?

I'd totally make fanart of the two if I had the talent, but unfortunately the best I can do I some ****ty Photoshop edit lol. Hmm, might not be a bad idea, actually...
The special moves I definitely agree on, it’s just that Bomberman shooting lasers just doesn’t seem quite right, and I’m not sure what the arm cannon would look like.

Ooooo now I’m intrigued haha

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
The special moves I definitely agree on, it’s just that Bomberman shooting lasers just doesn’t seem quite right, and I’m not sure what the arm cannon would look like.

Ooooo now I’m intrigued haha
Fair points, I personally just imagine his costume having a hole on his right arm to serve as a gun, and as for the lasers, uhhh... I guess it sounds a little more appropriate to me than he just punching people? I dunno, weird either way lol

So am I haha. I'll just think of something tomorrow because I'm feeling really lazy right now

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Fair points, I personally just imagine his costume having a hole on his right arm to serve as a gun, and as for the lasers, uhhh... I guess it sounds a little more appropriate to me that he just punching people? I dunno, weird either way lol

So am I haha. I'll just think of something tomorrow because I'm feeling really lazy right now
That’s a good point, I suppose anything other than hitting people with bombs is weird for him lol. I guess he does punch and kick the bombs though.

Fair enough haha

Plank08

Smash Lord
:ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: along with Goemon were all my most wanted characters for Smash since I gotten into the series back during Melee's release. I waited 17 to 18 years for the first three and I don't know if I ever will get Goemon. But to answer your question: After Geno, find yourself another wish.
Atleast Goemon got a pretty good mii costume, that’s more than I expected.
When Geno is playable, I fully intend to take FULL credit of getting him added. I will steal the thunder from those who worked years and years to do it, instead boosting my Geno campaign of 3 1/2 weeks as THE pivotal movement that pushed Geno to playabilityness. I alone brought him to Ultimate. Of course, if he isn't playable, that's everyone else's fault, not mine.

Some call my credit plan greedy, some call it unfair, rude, egotistical, evil. My therapist describes me with 'hyper raging narcissistic God complex,' but really, I think they are all just jealous of my awesome hair. Things go all slow motion when I turn.

Anyway, the point is, Geno's cape is blue. BLUE. How do you counter that to claim he can't be playable? Spoilers: You can't.
I just love your posts
After Geno get's in, I will be spending the majority of my time on these forums in the Shantae thread. What about you guys, where we'll you'll be settling at on this site after Geno get's in?
I’ll just stay in the social and Newcomer discussion threads

Griselda

Smash Lord
Now I want to make an animation with the Smithy Gang drifting past the screen in various poses while the camera steadily zooms in towards Smithy himself, sitting on a throne made of scrap metal.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Something I just thought about is that if the amiibos stick to a 2 month schedule until we run out of the fighters pass characters, we could be seeing Joker, Hero (if only Luminary) and Banjo in March. And I wouldnt be surprised if we get #6 or #7 around that time

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Something I just thought about is that if the amiibos stick to a 2 month schedule until we run out of the fighters pass characters, we could be seeing Joker, Hero (if only Luminary) and Banjo in March. And I wouldnt be surprised if we get #6 or #7 around that time
The next wave is down to two though, and I believe that it's intentional and a sign of waves to come for that exact reason you mentioned. Even if pass production ramps up as we have seen recently and what we've been told about the schedule were going to run out very quick if figures outpace dlc by 2 fighters each wave. This way it's only one ahead and actually fits in nicely with the hypothetical release schedule.

January: dark samus/richter release, #5 releases

march: joker/hero release, geno releases

e3: banjo/terry release, fighter #2 releases

july/august: #5/geno, fighter #3 releases

october/november: #2/#3 releases, fighter #4 releases

december/january: #4/#5 releases simultaneously with fighter 5# itself, ending the current project plan.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Hmm... Notice how Pokemon Sword & Shield got Spirit treatment along with other tie-in releases like Link's Awakening, yet Fire Emblem Three Houses never got that treatment with any of it's characters. Curious.

Also yeah, it's not like any of those Pokemon are going to be considered playable, the playable characters would be the final evolve form of the fighters. If anything they're only promoting the Pokemons that already were talked about for the Spirit event and not include any other Pokemon as Spirits so they don't spoil anything. Or at the very least future DLC fighters might not come with Spirits anymore.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hmm... Notice how Pokemon Sword & Shield got Spirit treatment along with other tie-in releases like Link's Awakening, yet Fire Emblem Three Houses never got that treatment with any of it's characters. Curious.

Also yeah, it's not like any of those Pokemon are going to be considered playable, the playable characters would be the final evolve form of the fighters. If anything they're only promoting the Pokemons that already were talked about for the Spirit event and not include any other Pokemon as Spirits so they don't spoil anything. Or at the very least future DLC fighters might not come with Spirits anymore.
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Maker 2 reps confirmed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well maybe it's because 'Warm Crest: Tres Hostiles' is an easy game for babies. :ultpacman:
... or maybe the just didn't want to, I dunno...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Luigi has his Poltergust from Luigi's Mansion 3 as his grab and Mario has his builder outfit from Mario Maker, so they're already represented.
Ya, though i'd like to see someone from the Luigi's Mansion get added as a playable character to help represent Luigi's series(i don't want it to be Gooigi though).

D

Deleted member

Sorry Intelleon your one of my favourite Pokemon and are just plain awesome. But looks like you won't get your chance in Smash this time. It's okay you're still my awesome spy James Bond lizard plus yeah we already have enough Pokemon I think.

Well the spirits should be fun at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Toxtricity ether? Or Flapple maybe they still have a chance.

Maybe even Dracovish.

Actually yeah the first two and Sirfetch'd I'd be fine with Dracovish never mind.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I can't believe that there were people that actually thought that there would be a shill pick

D

Deleted member

There are 7 guests now and 7 is the number of the star pieces...guys i think he´s in.
You call that a theory? Get ready for the biggest stretch ever:

We have 16 users and 17 guests in the thread right now (as of writing this) so 6+1= 7 so we now have two 7s and a 1 which makes 177? Right? Wrong if we rearrange it in a date pattern we'd get 01/07/17. 01/07/17 was 2 years 9 months and 11 days ago we do more math to make 20 and 2 or 02/07/20.

February 7th 2020. The deadline for the original Fighters Pass is February 2020 so #5 could be released then with a description for post-pass DLC + the first reveal for it. Geno is rumored to be #6 or #7 by Fatmanonice and if he is right then that makes him #6. That means Geno will be revealed on 02/07/20 as the first post-pass DLC character you heard it here first folks.

Geno is in. :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
It's 24 at the moment. ..Now, how many more characters do you think Ultimate will get before the end? Quite curious.
You know what? that is actually a very good question...maybe i´m exaggerating but i feel like they might do 10 or 15

You call that a theory? Get ready for the biggest stretch ever:

We have 16 users and 17 guests in the thread right now (as of writing this) so 6+1= 7 so we now have two 7s and a 1 which makes 177? Right? Wrong if we rearrange it in a date pattern we'd get 01/07/17. 01/07/17 was 2 years 9 months and 11 days ago we do more math to make 20 and 2 or 02/07/20.

February 7th 2020. The deadline for the original Fighters Pass is February 2020 so #5 could be released then with a description for post-pass DLC + the first reveal for it. Geno is rumored to be #6 or #7 by Fatmanonice and if he is right then that makes him #6. That means Geno will be revealed on 02/07/20 as the first post-pass DLC character you heard it here first folks.

Geno is in. :4pacman:
Holy good moles, i think this might be it!

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know what? that is actually a very good question...maybe i´m exaggerating but i feel like they might do 10 or 15
I was trying to imply that there would be 24, but in all seriousness something like 10 or 15 sounds more reasonable, since we could very well get another DLC pass even after the next one - assuming the further DLC is structured in a pass(es) of five type of deal in the first place. To be honest.. Making Smash is literally Sakurai's job, and if he's still making a ton of money I don't see any reason for him not to keep working on DLC for quite a while.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I see us getting 11 (counting :ultpiranha:) minimum and 16 (again counting :ultpiranha:) at most
Considering it seems that Piranha Plant was intended for base (or at the very least isn't considered the same as other DLC), I don't think it should really factor into the equation.

OffBi

Smash Ace
It would seem that Arthur from ghosts and goblins is the 5th dlc
arth.jpg

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So Mario Kart Tour just added Pink Gold Peach.

THIS is why when Sakurai said at the start of the Fighter Pass that Nintendo picked the characters that people flipped the hell out. Whatever team decides on the Mario Kart roster......NEVER allow them near Smash! EVER!

Griselda

Smash Lord
So Mario Kart Tour just added Pink Gold Peach.

THIS is why when Sakurai said at the start of the Fighter Pass that Nintendo picked the characters that people flipped the hell out. Whatever team decides on the Mario Kart roster......NEVER allow them near Smash! EVER!
I personally think Pink Gold Peach has value as an ambiguously aligned counterpart of unknown origin to Peach, in the way Metal Mario is to Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom