• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
WHAT HE SAY HOLY ****AKE

It censored the mushroom lmao

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You've heard of Geno, but now it's time to meet...
Greeno!
Greeno.png

Greeno is Geno's brother. When he had heard that Geno left for the Mushroom Kingdom to fix the Star Road, he quickly raced over to join him in his quest. Unfortunately, he got lost along the way and ended up far from where he intended. Upon reaching the mortal realm, he posessed an off-brand Geno doll in order to fight against whatever evil had destroyed the Star Road.

And so he began his quest, wandering through many different kingdoms until he eventually found his way back to the Mushroom Kingdom. But by the time he got there, Geno had already defeated the Smithy Gang and fixed the Star Road. This left Greeno utterly dejected. Too sad and embarassed to return home, he threw himself into the garbage and never left. THE END.
HOLY **** VERGEBEN SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GENO!!!
WHERE'S THE SAUCE?!

D

Deleted member

Geez, you guys are super sensitive to any potential slight at Geno, huh? The guy said there may be some slight Geno bias. May. Which is an entirely valid statement that was just a one-off sentence on a report of the statistics. Keep in mind that not everyone who voted on that poll was directly a member of the PapaGenos Discord, and may just be people who watch his videos, support Geno, and don’t contribute to the Geno bashing that happens online. In my opinion, you guys can be a tad oversensitive at times.
Nah, these guys are absolutely right in the fact that pointing out potential bias is asinine for this poll.

This poll was run by three different discord servers that, as far as the "favorite meat" question is concerned, was answered by over 6000 people, yet Geno scraped by in victory with 1/10th of that number. If there was some kind of implicit bias in the fact that Papagenos is Papa"Geno"s, then one would assume his numbers to be approximately one third of the votes. Operation Starfall's twitter, which shared the fact that a poll was running has almost 1000 followers, if not more, and yet Geno didn't break that number, either. Not to mention the really questionable assumption outright that you can somehow have bias in a poll in which every answer is a write-in when almost daily you find people who support Geno, but then won't support him in a poll against a character they like more, such as the Rayman vs Geno poll on Twitter.

Singling Geno out as having potential bias while all the rest of the characters have fan groups and "4smash" accounts/tags on Twitter is the only bias here, and pointing it out isn't being oversensitive, it's stating a fact.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
You've heard of Geno, but now it's time to meet...
Greeno!
View attachment 243374
Greeno is Geno's brother. When he had heard that Geno left for the Mushroom Kingdom to fix the Star Road, he quickly raced over to join him in his quest. Unfortunately, he got lost along the way and ended up far from where he intended. Upon reaching the mortal realm, he posessed an off-brand Geno doll in order to fight against whatever evil had destroyed the Star Road.

And so he began his quest, wandering through many different kingdoms until he eventually found his way back to the Mushroom Kingdom. But by the time he got there, Geno had already defeated the Smithy Gang and fixed the Star Road. This left Greeno utterly dejected. Too sad and embarassed to return home, he threw himself into the garbage and never left. THE END.

WHERE'S THE SAUCE?!
Greeno for geno skin

D

Deleted member

HOLY **** VERGEBEN SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GENO!!!
Until I see proof that's gonna be an
X Doubt.png
moment from me.

If true hopefully it's something positive but idk maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Okay! New rule! When it comes to Vergeben and Geno, none of you guys (you OffBoi and other like minded people) can talk! Just joking, but please don't troll.
I'm sorry, but it was really fricking funny to do this, part of it being that there are no news right now, therefore it's boring around here :troll:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi explained the Memoryman stuff on Twitter; someone in the replies of one of her tweets showed an image of what she said to him.

edit: I didn't realize she used transphobic slang. Big oof.

no way that's happening, since Microsoft bought Minecraft we're not about get a second Microsoft rep.
Steve (uh huh...(transparant background)).png

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
On the one hand thats awful, but on the other hand I cant really feel sympathy for memoryman. Not saying what Sabi did was right though

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It’s pretty weird that Geno is one of the most “expected” characters in that poll

I mean, wanting and expecting are two very different things. I WANT Geno. Can’t say I expect him. His chances are like 50/50 at this point. After I “expected” Isaac because the Grinch leak seemed so convincing, I was mortally burned in the ensuing direct. I can’t put myself in that position again.

But meanwhile, there’s so many people thinking that spirits deconfirm or that Geno has zero chance, yet he’s #2 on the expected poll? Above Ryu Hayabusa? What the ****?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
It’s pretty weird that Geno is one of the most “expected” characters in that poll

I mean, wanting and expecting are two very different things. I WANT Geno. Can’t say I expect him. His chances are like 50/50 at this point. After I “expected” Isaac because the Grinch leak seemed so convincing, I was mortally burned in the ensuing direct. I can’t put myself in that position again.

But meanwhile, there’s so many people thinking that spirits deconfirm or that Geno has zero chance, yet he’s #2 on the expected poll? Above Ryu Hayabusa? What the ****?
Honestly I think the people who dont want or are indifferent to Geno actually expect him, while we’re over here doubting it constantly

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

That's because many people don't want to believe that Spirits were chosen after the DLC character selection and ignore anything that show Spirits aren't getting upgraded in the Fighters Pass. Also most people were just going to vote for the character they wanted, not the one they expect that going to show up.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

There was a lot of confusion on whether or not spirits deconfirm when it was announced that we're getting the Tetris spirits starting tomorrow. As it stands right now, spirits don't deconfirm, but it's something that we should keep an eye on in case there's an official statement.

I'm not the biggest Geno supporter out there, but I do enjoy seeing the support people have given him, especially considering that his last appearance was the original version of Superstar Saga - over 15 years ago. We've already seen highly requested characters get in Ultimate (Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie) so it's still possible that Geno can get in.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I was stupid enough to do any Halloween-themed drawing my friend wanted.

Enjoy this image or be scarred for life. The choice is yours.
Where the heck is Zinith. WHERE. Zinith Zinith You are SORELY NEEDED.

Can we not do that? Seriously? :drwtf:

As for the Sabi and Memoryman thing... Memoryman is a pretty terrible scumbag, but two wrongs don't make a right either. That's about all I'm willing to give without having a clear enough picture about it. Those screenshots are pretty awful and damning, though. Terrible behavior.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
There was a lot of confusion on whether or not spirits deconfirm when it was announced that we're getting the Tetris spirits starting tomorrow. As it stands right now, spirits don't deconfirm, but it's something that we should keep an eye on in case there's an official statement.
Four of the five know DLC characters weren't Spirits in Ultimate and when they got added in they brought in Spirits from their game. It's safe to say that Spirits aren't getting upgraded for this Fighter Pass. These characters had to be negotiated early which takes a long time and we know that Spirits take no time to make seeing how they google image Masked Man and used a fan made sprite. Also if the series is already fairly represent with Spirits, such how nearly every major character of the Kirby series is a Spirit, means that they're their series isn't going to be part of the Fighter Pass either since each DLC character bring own Spirit. Characters aren't deconfirmed because they're Spirits, they're Spirits because they had no plan on using them.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Four of the five know DLC characters weren't Spirits in Ultimate and when they got added in they brought in Spirits from their game. It's safe to say that Spirits aren't getting upgraded for this Fighter Pass. These characters had to be negotiated early which takes a long time and we know that Spirits take no time to make seeing how they google image Masked Man and used a fan made sprite. Also if the series is already fairly represent with Spirits, such how nearly every major character of the Kirby series is a Spirit, means that they're their series isn't going to be part of the Fighter Pass either since each DLC character bring own Spirit. Characters aren't deconfirmed because they're Spirits, they're Spirits because they had no plan on using them.
I mean, technically speaking, there's still plenty of major Kirby characters that could be fighters and plenty of optional additional spirits too...so....maybe you should use a different example

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Where the heck is Zinith. WHERE. Zinith Zinith You are SORELY NEEDED.

Can we not do that? Seriously? :drwtf:

As for the Sabi and Memoryman thing... Memoryman is a pretty terrible scumbag, but two wrongs don't make a right either. That's about all I'm willing to give without having a clear enough picture about it. Those screenshots are pretty awful and damning, though. Terrible behavior.
Pretty much. Nothing justifies such actions. Young people I guess… And I want to add / make clear that none of the mods in our server (including me) agreed to any of these actions sabi proceed to do, hell we weren't even informed or even asked for an opinion before it all happened. We were very disappointed, to say the least, quite the discussion in the mod chat today. Hopefully he learned. Well, that's the drama of the day, let's just move on and focus again on Geno stuff.

I will personally continue to try to verify any rumor or leaks going on if I can, provided by sabi's sources behalf (and permission of course) whenever possible, but for now… don't believe anything on /v/ or gamefaqs so lightly, lol, altho you already know that. You can see how that Kos Mos stuff died pretty quickly, this is the usual stuff with fake leaks, specially not being verified by current known sources.

We are potentially just a couple of weeks maybe from Terry releasing (imo he should be releasing in the first two weeks of november, tho i could always be wrong, of course). I do kinda hope we get 5th character reveal there so that TGA is the teaser for the next pass dlc or something… tho they could perfectly keep us waiting on that one till next year, and only show pack 5, lol. I actually wonder what you guys predict will happen on this situation! it's about to get exciting pretty soon.

Can you give us a hint of the playable roster for Smash 8? Is Dark Periwinkle Diamond Dark Mario in Marth Red Alt Echo of Roy one of the leading contenders to be added?? I hope!
I'm pretty sure we will have rainbow Morth at that point. :p

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I mean, technically speaking, there's still plenty of major Kirby characters that could be fighters and plenty of optional additional spirits too...so....maybe you should use a different example
There's around 50 Kirby Spirit with the only character of worth missing is Adeleine & Ribbom. If Adelenine is somehow the fifth fighter then the Spirits she's bringing are generic one time enemies. There not enough characters left to bring in as Spirits or make into Spirit battles.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
There's around 50 Kirby Spirit with the only character of worth missing is Adeleine & Ribbom. If Adelenine is somehow the fifth fighter then the Spirits she's bringing are generic one time enemies. There not enough characters left to bring in as Spirits or make into Spirit battles.
unless she brings in some missing kirby characters such as Taranza, Dark Meta Knight, Star Allies Enemies, Zero Two, Necrodeus, Hyness, and Void Termina.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You have: Adeleine & Ribbon, Taranza, Hyness, Dark Matter (True Form), Dark Meta Knight, Prince Fluff, Drawcia, Shadow Dedede, Void Termina, and more. There are plenty of viable options for playable characters, each having pretty good merits to the series and, fun fact, none of them were restricted to just one title.

Adeleine has been in Dreamland 3 (1, as Ado), The Crystal Shards (2), and finally back in Star Allies (3). She isn't a one time enemy. She's a character that debuted in 1997 on the SNES and has only made a handful of appearances since...wait a minute... what's that I smell? That's the smell of a character who is almost exactly in the same boat as Geno.

I won't even elaborate on why Dark Matter, Taranza, Hyness, and the others I listed are also of worth to the series. Just because you don't have a tie to these characters doesn't mean they don't have worth because I can assure you that all the ones I listed do to the franchise's whole.

Also, yeah, whoever told you they couldn't bring spirits with them must be blind because Kirby has a literal fountain of untapped enemies from Star Allies alone. Don't even get me started on everything else.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Kirby IMO is the worst represented franchise in Smash. It should have about 6 characters, not 3.
BTW, my cast would be our 3 now, Dee, Adeline, and Dark Matter.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kirby IMO is the worst represented franchise in Smash. It should have about 6 characters, not 3.
BTW, my cast would be our 3 now, Dee, Adeline, and Dark Matter.
You know, I think I could say the same thing about Zelda's representation in Smash to an extent, not counting Toon and Young Link, if I know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom