• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
@fatomanice is evo really the right place to announce Geno in though? Seems like a smash direct would be optimal

D

Deleted member

@fatomanice is evo really the right place to announce Geno in though? Seems like a smash direct would be optimal
Most of the players there may likely be pretty informed about the whole thing regarding the Geno support.

So maybe yes, EVO would be a reasonable place to show Geno.

D

Deleted member

Geno gets in, but he only gets two songs with them being beware of the forests mushrooms (original)and this battle against an armed boss remix

Wdyd?
Y'know I have experience with this absolute bop: My nephew who comes down once or twice a year really likes this joke and since he knows I like Super Mario RPG he showed me it and I really like this meme. So if this got in I would actually laugh so hard and be totally fine with it just due to how funny it is that this version of all versions got in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
After playing through SMRPG again recently I can say that his attack animations have so much personality and variety that it's almost like he was made for Smash.
Some fan character choices seem like natural fits for Smash, when you think about it. Take BK, who have so many moves that making up a set for them is a no-brainer, and sure enough that helped them get in.

Most of the players there may likely be pretty informed about the whole thing regarding the Geno support.

So maybe yes, EVO would be a reasonable place to show Geno.
Either that, or they'll drop a Direct announcement and run, just like last time.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Ovaltine Ovaltine hey, since you said you like color theory, could I get you to look over something for me, please? My project's hero has a rough variety of colors and I don't know if it would be appealing. Can't show the design though for obvious reasons but I figured I'd ask. Maybe advice on how to improve it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In less than an hour, it will be 0:00am where I live.

We’ll see if the update and Hero drop at that hour or 3:00am as someone else said.

Pokemaster73

Smash Cadet
No Geno Mii costume has me extremely cautiously hopeful. On one hand, I was really excited to not see it show up, but at the same time, I'm fearful that this could also mean he doesn't show up at all besides as a spirit. This will be a painful few months before anything else is known.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ovaltine Ovaltine hey, since you said you like color theory, could I get you to look over something for me, please? My project's hero has a rough variety of colors and I don't know if it would be appealing. Can't show the design though for obvious reasons but I figured I'd ask. Maybe advice on how to improve it?
Oh yeah, I'm knee-deep into art and design, so I'd be happy to give my opinion! Feel free to shoot me a message and I'll give the colors a look-see.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
It was a short week at my summer camp today and I sure am surprised to see the hero drop so soon this week as I expected him around EVO on Sunday. I am not only really hopeful due to the mii costume being a no show but that starling hint got me going along with FatManOnIce's post on how Fighter #4 being shown at EVO is the perfect time. Geno was my ballot vote and was part of my holy trinity prior to Ultimate (Banjo, Isaac, and Geno) so i really hope his time is coming.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Shoutout to Ovaltine Ovaltine SSGuy SSGuy and whoever else at Operation Starfall. I just watched the SMRPG influence on other games video on Twitter and it was really well done. Keep up the great work you guys!
You should probably be thanking Slender Slender for those.

He puts the work into making them come to life.

Also this has been on my mind for a bit. It's been really nice knowing that the possibility of him showing up is still in play. I'm just still concerned for what we don't know.

What if we end up getting up staged again but instead of Piranha Plant, it is by Sora (who would arguably be the worst thing to ever happen to Smash Bros ever. Much worse of a screw the Geno fans pick than Piranha Plant) Considering there were talks about deconfirming Banjo or saying nothing is being worked on, it is likely that the same could happen with Nomura's very own *******.

I don't know if I could be betrayed by Sakurai like that again. This would be the worst way for him to do it as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is finally July 31st, but Hero doesn’t seem to be out yet.

Maybe we will have to wait 2 hours or so.

Also worth to comment that I would rofl if I got tags here the moment he drops while I’m not online but none on the Ultimate Social thread.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’ll probably buy Hero in the next week or so, by then, the servers won’t be as chaotic. I’m really liking the design of the DQ4 Hero the best out of the alts myself and the Luminary. :grin:

Firox

Smash Master
I"m not sure if anyone's asked this, but when is Hero expected to be up for download? I know the servers are gonna take a dump, but I just want to know when I'll even get the chance.

D

Deleted member

Also worth to comment that I would rofl if I got tags here the moment he drops while I’m not online but none on the Ultimate Social thread.
If I recall correctly Joker dropped at 9 PM EST and it's now 7 PM EST so that checks out. I say it makes a lot of sense for Hero to drop then but I wouldn't mind if they dropped him earlier.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Yo I got you fam! I just knew you as an Eight guy (myself included) and just thought 'They must know that there is music'
All are welcome here bud.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
At EVO, we'll get a Smash newcomer. The trailer shows Staraptor flying in from nowhere, at first disappointing us all...only for the camera to pan up and show Geno riding it.
Yes and then the Pokemon and SMRPG crossover that I have always dreamed of is announced and all the things I love are saved.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I"m not sure if anyone's asked this, but when is Hero expected to be up for download? I know the servers are gonna take a dump, but I just want to know when I'll even get the chance.
90 minutes from this post

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You should probably be thanking Slender Slender for those.

He puts the work into making them come to life.

Also this has been on my mind for a bit. It's been really nice knowing that the possibility of him showing up is still in play. I'm just still concerned for what we don't know.

What if we end up getting up staged again but instead of Piranha Plant, it is by Sora (who would arguably be the worst thing to ever happen to Smash Bros ever. Much worse of a screw the Geno fans pick than Piranha Plant) Considering there were talks about deconfirming Banjo or saying nothing is being worked on, it is likely that the same could happen with Nomura's very own *******.

I don't know if I could be betrayed by Sakurai like that again. This would be the worst way for him to do it as well.
I don’t really see the issue with Sora or how he’s the worst pick ever. Sure, they’re ****ty Kingdom Hearts fans out there, but he’s an incredibly popular never-ever choice too for a great number of people and the series does have prestige that Smash can always use more of.

Plus, it can always be worse... we could end up with a Fortnite character or Bubsy.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don’t really see the issue with Sora or how he’s the worst pick ever. Sure, they’re ****ty Kingdom Hearts fans out there, but he’s an incredibly popular never-ever choice too for a great number of people and the series does have prestige that Smash can always use more of.

Plus, it can always be worse... we could end up with a Fortnite character or Bubsy.
I just dont recall whatever Bubsy fans are out there treating us like trash.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, are we really speculating that this insider went out and found a specific type of bird to take a picture of, in order to tease STARLING? Instead of the much easier, equally-indirect ways to tease that same word, or to tease Geno in a similarly esoteric way?

Just seems like a serious strain on believability IMO

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
I saw this brought up a couple pages ago, but when was geno on HQ trivia? I play it almost every night and I'm surprised I never saw it
It was around the time that Joker was going to be announced in December 2018, when the game awards were happening.

It was the exact same night Joker was revealed, like a couple hours before even!

skip to like 7:18 if it doesn't automatically

They even namedrop him and everything and I love how you can see the chat freak out a little

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
oh shoot, they directly mention Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
My reaction.

I'm pretty sure this is why Sabi's source does things the way he does. It's just kind of funny. I can't say this 100% I want to say that he kind of wants to be the total opposite of people like Vergeben. He's a person that recognizes that video game speculation is kind of ridiculous as all hell and only takes it seriously on the most basic level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom