• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Over a month ago I said the only new Mii costumes with Hero would be from the DQ series, and no one agreed with me. Making this post right here specifically to gloat and say I was right. That is all.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
This about how long I’ve been wanting Geno in Smash, see the date of 2011. So give or take about 7 or so odd years. Since then, many characters on my wishlist have become playable such as:

- Daisy became playable in Ultimate
- Rosalina became playable in Sm4sh
- Bowser Jr. became playable in Sm4sh
- King K. Rool became playable in Ultimate
- Ridley became playable in Ultimate
- Little Mac became playable in Sm4sh
- Mega Man became playable in Sm4sh
- Ryu became playable in Sm4sh as DLC
- Ken became Ryu’s echo in Ultimate
- Simon Belmont became playable in Ultimate
- Cloud became DLC in Sm4sh
- Pac-Man became playable in Sm4sh

We’ve really come a long way since then and there were also other characters I advocated for such as Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Dixie Kong, King Boo, Dark Link (who is just an alt for Link), Meowth, Zoroark, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Krystal (now an assist trophy), Eggplant Wizard (was into Kid Icarus at the time), Balloon Fighter (wanted another Retro Rep and didn’t think of DHD at the time), King Hippo, Starfy, Isaac (unfortunately an assist again), Shadow (an assist, ugh), Silver, Knuckles (an assist), Tails (Mii Costume), Eggman, Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins, Firebrand, Zero (assist), Dr. Wily (assist), Chun-Li, Guile (assist), M. Bison, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Sackboy (for Sony Rep I guess...), Alucard (assist), Dracula (boss), Sora, Lloyd Irving (Mii Costume), Randi (Secret of Mana protagonist), NiGHTS, Quote (Cave Story), Shantae, Risky Boots, Sephiroth, Ryu Hayabusa, Dirk the Daring (lol...), Master Higgins (Adventure Island), and Geno (obviously), rest either came back in Sm4sh or Ultimate. Out of all these characters, Geno still holds top priority after all these years. :grin:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I just dont recall whatever Bubsy fans are out there treating us like trash.
Oh, so this is entirely because a few Kingdom Hearts fans were ****ty about the way they conducted themselves. Looks like we’re throwing out Waluigi, Isaac, Ashley, and others including Geno himself. Geno fans have been plenty harsh on Kingdom Hearts (including exactly what you’re doing right now).

It’s not all fans of these characters and while I understand the frustration people experience when certain people in certain fan bases act like assholes, that doesn’t mean that the legitimate people who support their character and aren’t asshats about it shouldn’t get their character. Honestly, with how much Sora has gotten **** on and considered a never ever, he “deserves” the spot as much as anyone else with a notable fan base. And Sora has one of the stronger ones out there these days. No reason to discount him as a choice or consider him the worst case scenario. He’s a beloved icon from the PS2 generation at this point.

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
I can't get it this at all, can somebody explain me about that photo? When and where it was posted? And where Sabi says that? I only follow Sabi on twitter and on twitter there's nothing about that, so can someone tell me what happen about that and where?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I can't get it this at all, can somebody explain me about that photo? When and where it was posted? And where Sabi says that? I only follow Sabi on twitter and on twitter there's nothing about that, so can someone tell me what happen about that and where?
Let me guess, Blocked Content brought you here

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What if we end up getting up staged again but instead of Piranha Plant, it is by Sora (who would arguably be the worst thing to ever happen to Smash Bros ever. Much worse of a screw the Geno fans pick than Piranha Plant) Considering there were talks about deconfirming Banjo or saying nothing is being worked on, it is likely that the same could happen with Nomura's very own *******.

I don't know if I could be betrayed by Sakurai like that again. This would be the worst way for him to do it as well.
Betrayed, huh? That kind of thinking is a bit of a fantasy. For Sakurai to "betray" you, for Sakurai to pick characters to "screw over" the Geno fans, that means he's predicating his decisions less on the character in question, and more on an unrelated fanbase, which is a pretty self-centred way of thinking.

I also must've missed the part where Sakurai actually went back on his assurances to the fanbase to, you know, constitute a betrayal. Because if he never made any, you're not left with broken promises or vindictive countermeasures on his end, just assumptions that haven't panned out on yours.

D

Deleted member

9pm EST, 3am Spain confirmed
I will try to find the best possible way to kill some time.

Maybe I’ll watch some World Record Progression videos by SummoningSalt

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
Well, he did not get those facts straight. You should not trust his videos for reliable information.
I supossed that, but seeing all speak about that starling photo,
it makes me think that I missed something

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't relish raining on excitement, but keep in mind the only reason Bird Theory is associated mostly with Geno is because the other fanbases haven't bothered trying to tie the picture to their own. The picture is vague enough that any number of connections can be made to any number of characters. We need more than that one photo to really get anywhere with it.

D

Deleted member

I don't relish raining on excitement, but keep in mind the only reason Bird Theory is associated mostly with Geno is because the other fanbases haven't bothered trying to tie the picture to their own. The picture is vague enough that any number of connections can be made to any number of characters. We need more than that one photo to really get anywhere with it.
Well while that may be true I've seen first hand people trying to connect it to a whole slew of characters like Nekoruru, Phoenix Wright, Edelgard and of course Geno.

I personally doubt Phoenix Wright cause I personally doubt they'd use this to hint Phoenix but I may be wrong it's just that the Species isn't right and I doubt they'd use a bird maybe some mythical creature cause Phoenixes are mythical they aren't real. Nekoruru is technically possible but I don't know enough about them to say anything on it and then there's the two head runners in my opinion, Edelgard and Geno both have things going for and against them.

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684

Where does that picture come from? And how does it relate to Sabi?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sorry, are we really speculating that this insider went out and found a specific type of bird to take a picture of, in order to tease STARLING? Instead of the much easier, equally-indirect ways to tease that same word, or to tease Geno in a similarly esoteric way?

Just seems like a serious strain on believability IMO
He could've taken the picture through his window or found it off some website he's familiar with.

I dunno.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, are we really speculating that this insider went out and found a specific type of bird to take a picture of, in order to tease STARLING? Instead of the much easier, equally-indirect ways to tease that same word, or to tease Geno in a similarly esoteric way?

Just seems like a serious strain on believability IMO
I always assumed it was a spur of the moment type of thing so he may have taken a picture from inside his house or have had a picture of a Starling in his files for whatever reason.

From the kind of scenario he posted it in it sounded like a spur of the moment sort of deal anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since the info drop is probably going to wind up being EVO, I doubt we'll get another hint. I feel like we got two hints for Banjo because he was making fun of Sabi. She didn't believe "Puzzle Witch" meant anything and then literally posted a bear and bird to sort of rub it in. Ironically, she didn't believe that either.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Where? I can't find the post
Long story short. Sabi's source posted pics before that hinted at other things (Links Awakening and Banjo for Smash). These have always been posted in one place...the Geno PRIVATE discord. So he drops these and infinidabs out of existence. They are always dropped with no text.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Considering how the Geno Mii Costume was one of the best selling parts of Smash 4's DLC, it's really surprising that it didn't come back in today's presentation, especially since the costumes for Tails and Knuckles came back with Joker's presentation.

And with those two specific Mario RPG tracks getting copyrighted by Nintendo themselves, I'm a little optimistic. I haven't played Mario RPG, but after Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo and Kazooie, Geno's like the fourth most frequently requested character, and seeing essentially all the godfathers of fan requests together in this game would be a godsend

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Nintendo servers down for 3, 4, 8, maybe 11 hours.
I see what you did there. :troll:

Anyway, Hero incoming! I doubt it, but let's make sure the Geno and Chocobo costumes don't get shadow-dropped with the rest of Round 2. Two less slots than Joker, two missing pieces... soooo, you really never know.

Also, datamines. I doubt they'll give us much, but datamiiines.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Considering how the Geno Mii Costume was one of the best selling parts of Smash 4's DLC, it's really surprising that it didn't come back in today's presentation, especially since the costumes for Tails and Knuckles came back with Joker's presentation.

And with those two specific Mario RPG tracks getting copyrighted by Nintendo themselves, I'm a little optimistic. I haven't played Mario RPG, but after Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo and Kazooie, Geno's like the fourth most frequently requested character, and seeing essentially all the godfathers of fan requests together in this game would be a godsend
I'm optimistic about Geno's chances, but we have literally no idea how well the Geno costume sold.

Sunwer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TailsMacSunwer
3DS FC
2766-8450-0603
Switch FC
SW-5278-0895-8684
Long story short. Sabi's source posted pics before that hinted at other things (Links Awakening and Banjo for Smash). These have always been posted in one place...the Geno PRIVATE discord. So he drops these and infinidabs out of existence. They are always dropped with no text.
Thanks for the explain, now I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom