• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I love the Rabbids. Why are you trying to appeal to me?

(Not joking. I'm okay with Geno being bought out if it means more use, and if a combination with Rabbids happen, that's even better for me~)
Listen, now that I've played through all of Mario + Rabbids, I will forever support the idea of Geno being in that game. He would have been an incredible fit. I wonder if Rabbid Geno would be similar to Belome clone Geno, constantly sulking over Star Pieces...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
9/10, one point missing because there was no Froggy joke between Big and Mallow.
I said the duo acted different in the sonic universe. Due to smashboards policy on nsfw topics, I cannot elaborate further on how Mallow’s daddy issues with Froggy are explored in this worst timeline.

Also no issue with the rabbids in kingdom battle. The rayman minigame collections with them got old fast after the first one. And the first one got old fast on its own.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I love the Rabbids. Why are you trying to appeal to me?

(Not joking. I'm okay with Geno being bought out if it means more use, and if a combination with Rabbids happen, that's even better for me~)
...I didn't know I wanted something like this before. Imagine Geno and Mallow in a Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Sequel! That would be pretty amazing and I never even played that game! (Played Xcom back in the day)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I said the duo acted different in the sonic universe. Due to smashboards policy on nsfw topics, I cannot elaborate further on how Mallow’s daddy issues with Froggy are explored in this worst timeline.
ddbc7827eb30db3bf1ae5bf4913019f1.png

I don't even need to say anything.

This image? It encapsulates exactly how I feel.

Despairing.............

T2by4

Smash Lord
...I didn't know I wanted something like this before. Imagine Geno and Mallow in a Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Sequel! That would be pretty amazing and I never even played that game! (Played Xcom back in the day)
He literally has an arm cannon. NINTENDO. THE POTENTIAL IS THERE.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kingdom Battle was one of those games that had absolutely no reason to be good but it was. Definitely one of the most satisfying Nintendo and third party cross overs in a long time. I feel it largely boiled down to the same reason why SMRPG was so good, the creators and pretty much everyone involved in it had a great amount of respect for the Mario IP and wanted to do it justice.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Monkey's Paw scenario for Geno returning to the Mario franchise?

Dance Dance Mario Mix 2, and Geno is locked behind completing all the songs perfectly on the highest difficulty. Square Enix and Nintendo are literally going to make you dance for them to get Geno back.

T2by4

Smash Lord

Dance Dance Mario Mix 2, and Geno is locked behind completing all the songs perfectly on the highest difficulty. Square Enix and Nintendo are literally going to make you dance for them to get Geno back.
I unironically love dance dance mario mix, I have no problems with this. Geno better be the hardest damn final boss in any dance dance game though

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Forget everything else, this is the clear winner. I can imagine the board members pitching this idea and everyone just laughs and says "Oh yes...I would love to see that."

EDIT: I can imagine on the back of the box is Geno's silhouette with the text "You want him, you have to dance for him!"

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Okay so let's say this Song thing is actually something massive which I kind of doubt but that's not my point, What exactly points to this being Smash and not say.. Geno making a cameo in a new Mario and Luigi or maybe SNES games getting on the Switch Service with Super Mario RPG being one of the very first few?

Sure him appearing in Smash is easily the more obvious and easier thing to do but they may want to go about this in a different direction.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What exactly points to this being Smash and not say.. Geno making a cameo in a new Mario and Luigi or maybe SNES games getting on the Switch Service with Super Mario RPG being one of the very first few?
Thing is, nothing does. Him being in Smash because of this is just an assumption. As to why people are linking this to Smash? I think it is because Ultimate's newcomers are highly requested fighters for the most part. Geno fits right in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This being tied to the Switch service would make sense, if they eventually commit to releasing SNES games period.

Also no issue with the rabbids in kingdom battle. The rayman minigame collections with them got old fast after the first one. And the first one got old fast on its own.
Meanwhile, the GBA version of Rabbids collects dust, despite being closest to a traditional Rayman.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Okay so let's say this Song thing is actually something massive which I kind of doubt but that's not my point, What exactly points to this being Smash and not say.. Geno making a cameo in a new Mario and Luigi or maybe SNES games getting on the Switch Service with Super Mario RPG being one of the very first few?

Sure him appearing in Smash is easily the more obvious and easier thing to do but they may want to go about this in a different direction.
I think for the most part, the timing of this particular thing is questionable at least. Smash fans feel the Hero is dropping soon, we are expecting the costume to return, we see Nintendo targeting two music tracks from SMRPG (One being very much Geno's theme), Chaos ensues.

Side note, that uploader has gotten rid of ALL of SMRPG other than remixes I believe (last I checked). I would love SNES games on Switch! That would be pretty great to see.

Honestly, nothing points to anything with this. I, personally, just find it interesting. Will I still hope for Geno in some fashion? You betcha!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Worst case scenario, bupkis happens, no costume, no songs, no Switch service, just simple tardy timing on copyright strikes that made some bloke panic. Biggest coincidence.

And that would be no good for anyone.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Worst case scenario, bupkis happens, no costume, no songs, no Switch service, just simple tardy timing on copyright strikes that made some bloke panic. Biggest coincidence.

And that would be no good for anyone.
We've seen bigger coincidences happen and bigger moments of people overanalyzing the **** out of minor events/details. And we'll continue to see such things because this is the Smash community lol.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We've seen bigger coincidences happen and bigger moments of people overanalyzing the **** out of minor events/details. And we'll continue to see such things because this is the Smash community lol.
It still beats "Look, [obviously fake leak with pointless riddles] came up on [random website board], let's solve it!", or "[fake text leak that's way too detailed] looks legit.".

Although in one case of analysis, it did pay off in the end (just not due to songs or pointless decor, but more tangible factors), so it's necessary to find actual clues or slip-ups for who actually made in, and try to recognize irrelevant elements. Try to see the forest for the trees. :ultbanjokazooie:

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I would wait and see if the videos go back up, Because if its a fake copyright request, Youtube catches that pretty quickly if he disputes it. But if it's a real request, it's weird that Nintendo would take down videos of something they don't even own. Would be pretty cool if Nintendo finally bought the SMRPG stuff they didn't own from SE.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I would wait and see if the videos go back up, Because if its a fake copyright request, Youtube catches that pretty quickly if he disputes it. But if it's a real request, it's weird that Nintendo would take down videos of something they don't even own. Would be pretty cool if Nintendo finally bought the SMRPG stuff they didn't own from SE.
Doubt they will come back. All of the SMPRG (expect for two) are off of this guys channel and they, themselves, took them down. They could challenge it, but like he stated before, Nintendo has been doing this for months now. They only are going to be putting up remixes now. So who knows.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Lol, YouTube couldn’t care less about who it ****s over and doesn’t, especially when it comes to people uploading music. Even if this one is fake, it’s likely to stay down.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey mans, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve been on this thread and that’s largely in part of me being a camp counselor in Canada over the summer so I hope our support for the star puppet is going well and strong. Is there any developments I need to know about about Genoa chances? I’ll just give a quick theory and say that when the hero from dragon quest drops and geno costume comes back.... I really hope that’s not a deconfirm or anything but that might sound trouble at least to me for geno. Any objections?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Heya folks, just wanted to stop in to share some thoughts...

Back in Dec of 2018 Nintendo hit some YouTube channels with Banjo-Kazooie music with copyright strikes.. from what Grant said we know Nintendo contacted him in January to make his Spiral mountain remix... so... imo it's not insane to consider that Nintendo is doing the same for Geno..

People thought the Banjo stuff was nothing too and now look at where we are... could it mean nothing? Sure.. but idunno... seem's eerily familiar to me...

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Back in Dec of 2018 Nintendo hit some YouTube channels with Banjo-Kazooie music with copyright strikes.. from what Grant said we know Nintendo contacted him in January to make his Spiral mountain remix... so... imo it's not insane to consider that Nintendo is doing the same for Geno..

People thought the Banjo stuff was nothing too and now look at where we are... could it mean nothing? Sure.. but idunno... seem's eerily familiar to me...
I did not know that about the Banjo-Kazooie music. Good lord he might actually be in boys

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I did not know that about the Banjo-Kazooie music. Good lord he might actually be in boys
God I want to believe but I won't believe it until I see it with my very own eyes and hearing it come out of Sakurai's mouth specifically.

"Geno from Super Mario RPG is now a downloadable character for Super Smash Bros Ultimate." hearing/reading this or some variation of it directly from Sakurai is what will make me believe he is in. Sure the same thing could happen with Geno as it happened with Banjo but I still doubt it. Maybe it's just me not wanting to get my hopes up after that horrible hoax but I won't believe it till I see it.

I'm hoping for the best while expecting the worst.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wonder if they are gonna do another fake out trailer. Or if they are going to be upfront about it.

Regardless it will be sweet after years of "literal whos" thrown his way. But uh. Not getting my hopes up in the least. I got lucky with Banjo. Not gonna make the same mistake for Geno.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they are gonna do another fake out trailer. Or if they are going to be upfront about it.

Regardless it will be sweet after years of "literal whos" thrown his way. But uh. Not getting my hopes up in the least. I got lucky with Banjo. Not gonna make the same mistake for Geno.
I hope it's the latter cause I would love to see a fully unique CGI trailer for Geno instead of doing a fake out again which could only be used so many times until it gets tiring while a fully unique CGI trailer would be absolutely incredible.

One funny thing I would like to see them do if they do indeed go the "DK and the gang" route say after Banjo's reveal trailer the treehouse is completely busted so they scrounge around in the forest looking for wood and supplies so they could rebuild the treehouse yet instead of the wood they find a doll which they watch come to life only to be revealed as Geno.

It's not going to happen though or at least it's very unlikely to cause Geno is pretty unlikely.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

No, that was different. During that time when Nintendo was striking down songs that was when Smash Bros Ultimate was leaked and people started to post songs from Ultimate and people started to make fan-made songs with the same title structure on YouTube, one being Banjo and the other being Undertale Megalovania. During that time Nintendo was on cover up duty no, strike video first ask questions later. They weren't analyzing each video, they just strike down anything that could be related to Smash Bros Ultimate.

It's coincident that Nintendo striked down fan made Banjo song during November/December takedown and Banjo actually being in Smash Bros. If it actually means something then that means one of the last character is going to be someone from Undertale, and hypothetically say Geno is in as well. I find this unlikely because that means 4 of the 5 DLC characters are all turn-based RPG characters. I find that extremely unlikely.

This whole thing means nothing. I'm not believing anything until I see a trailer from Nintendo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
No, that was different. During that time when Nintendo was striking down songs that was when Smash Bros Ultimate was leaked and people started to post songs from Ultimate and people started to make fan-made songs with the same title structure on YouTube, one being Banjo and the other being Undertale Megalovania. During that time Nintendo was on cover up duty no, strike video first ask questions later. They weren't analyzing each video, they just strike down anything that could be related to Smash Bros Ultimate.

It's coincident that Nintendo striked down fan made Banjo song during November/December takedown and Banjo actually being in Smash Bros. If it actually means something then that means one of the last character is going to be someone from Undertale, and hypothetically say Geno is in as well. I find this unlikely because that means 4 of the 5 DLC characters are all turn-based RPG characters. I find that extremely unlikely.

This whole thing means nothing. I'm not believing anything until I see a trailer from Nintendo.
You're right. 4 out of the 5 DLC characters being from turn-based RPGs is unlikely. Thats because all 5 of the characters are going to be from turn-based RPGs. :4pacman:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
You're right. I haven't even played any of the Banjo games. So for all I know Banjo Kazooie could be a turn-based RPG
That’s because it is. Honestly, I’m surprised that the reception to Banjo has been so universally positive compared to how much the Smash fanbase usually complains about RPG swordsmen.

33FBC0D9-411E-456E-A688-1121E9BCC879.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

I don't think genres are an issue. That could come off as a fan made quota theory, and Ultimate has done a great job in smashing fan theories (too big, irrelevant, competitor character, dead series, licensing hell, etc).

Also, technically 4's DLC had 5 out of 7 characters from RPGs. So its not impossible for the pass to be RPG heavy. That's also the side effect of Square taking so long to play nice. Many fan favorites are tied to them to some degree.

Plus, the Smash fanbase will complain about anything. People act like Banjo being added is flooding smash in 90s nostalgia, despite only having 2 other 90s characters.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I like Phoenix Wright and would like to see him Smash for the pure absurdity of him continuing to be in fighting games...

But Amaterasu is my pick for a third Capcom (well fourth I guess) character. The stage and music alone would justify her existence, let alone how creative you could get with the move set.

I'd honestly expect Dante to be next in line from Capcom though, and I have no problems with that either.

I don't think genres are an issue. That could come off as a fan made quota theory, and Ultimate has done a great job in smashing fan theories (too big, irrelevant, competitor character, dead series, licensing hell, etc).

Also, technically 4's DLC had 5 out of 7 characters from RPGs. So its not impossible for the pass to be RPG heavy. That's also the side effect of Square taking so long to play nice. Many fan favorites are tied to them to some degree.

Plus, the Smash fanbase will complain about anything. People act like Banjo being added is flooding smash in 90s nostalgia, despite only having 2 other 90s characters.
If you're talking about additions solely to Ultimate, we've gotten four from the 90s: Richter Belmont, King K. Rool, Solo (One of Hero's alts), and Banjo Kazooie. Ken could also be considered one given the fact the main basis for his appearance is from Street Fighter II even though he debuted earlier, his popularity centers almost entirely around the 90s.

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of the copyright strikes, I'm still curious as to why Nintendo took down the SMRPG songs. I get that BrawlBRSTMs3 X basically said that Nintendo have been copyright striking him for a while... but they're still SMRPG songs. Do they own the rights to the soundtrack? Does it even matter?

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of the copyright strikes, I'm still curious as to why Nintendo took down the SMRPG songs. I get that BrawlBRSTMs3 X basically said that Nintendo have been copyright striking him for a while... but they're still SMRPG songs. Do they own the rights to the soundtrack? Does it even matter?
Honestly if they don't start copyright striking more Super Mario RPG music this upcoming week I'm just going to assume it was an honest mistake and that it means nothing. Maybe it does mean something but I doubt it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The thing to keep in mind is that YouTube has a tendency to do fairly minimal work to confirm copyright claims. It usually falls to the creator to fight and argue their case for why a video should re-instated. The problem is that BrawlBRSTMs3 X can't really make much of an argument against them period since it's licensed music. He doesn't have any defense or even basic case to fight against a copyright claim. I bet Nintendo holds basically an absolute domain over all Mario related content on YouTube and at any moment they can make a copyright claim against something with Mario in the title and YouTube will almost certainly side with them. It probably doesn't matter than Nintendo doesn't own the copyright to Super Mario RPG music, they do to Mario and that's likely valid enough for YouTube's already broken and poorly moderated copyright claim system.

So then the question becomes why target these videos? Well, they were already targeting his channel and previous music that BrawlBRSTMs3 X had uploaded. They seem to have been going after him for some time, so it's more than likely they just got to these videos and continued their copyright claiming.

I'm begging everyone, do not base your hopes or theories off of YouTube copyright claims of all things. They are terribly anti-consumer, anti-content-creator, and broken in nature. Any company with enough clout can exert pressure on YouTube and they almost always fold. Let alone in a case like straight uploaded music where the uploader holds no power whatsoever. Go with anything else that doesn't involve one of the most abused systems on the YouTube platform that has relatively few real checks and balances.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What are the chances you guys think some troll had anything to do with the Mario RPG songs being removed from BrawlBRSTMs3 X's Youtube channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom