• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Last time Zelda got a new character was Melee tbh. Toon link was just a worse young link, if that were even possible.
Technically he was Young Link's replacement and a semi-clone, but yeah I agree, I wasn't a big fan of him either; I was sad Young Link didn't make it in Brawl. Toon Link was almost cut from Brawl, same goes for Wolf and Jigglypuff, they almost got cut, too; this makes sense because they were secret characters in Subspace Emissary. I'm glad my Young Link is back in Ultimate, he was my... youngling.
Oh , I could have summon Mallow , but I didn't had the spirits for him... I don't really like the spirit system tbh...
Ha, Geno was actually the 4th to appear on my spirit list for summoning. No, I didn't have the right amount of stuff to summon him, but you can get Geno and Mallow in the light realm; it's quicker and easier than trying to gather a bunch of random spirits out there to summon them.

Xigger

Smash Lord
So I have to ask, are all the active players in here not playing Smash Ultimate, or do you just love forums more than playing the game?

D

Deleted member

So I have to ask, are all the active players in here not playing Smash Ultimate, or do you just love forums more than playing the game?
I love the Geno and Ninten threads more than playing Ultimate lmao

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I was playing Ultimate but then the Giga MAC Spirit fight happened and it just made me want to stop playing.

Would love tips on how to cheese that one because it sucks.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Honestly, both. I pretty much beat everything after four weeks. All I'm trying to do now is unlock the E3 trailer music, but still trying to find out how. I haven't finished all of classic mode just yet, but my guess is the way to unlock that music track is to play as EVERY character in classic mode; nobody knows how, but this is my guess because of... well, you know? Everyone is here, play as EVERYONE. :/

I have all the music tracks and over 100 hours of Ultimate. I was expecting to get over a thousand, but was I wrong... there's no way, haha. The last game I had over a thousand hours on was Halo 3 and Reach, and I spent years playing those two games.
For my Smash Ultimate time: 40% is my gameplay, the other 60% is me drawing while I listening to the game's music in the music menu.
I was playing Ultimate but then the Giga MAC Spirit fight happened and it just made me want to stop playing.

I seriously despise that one. I just used King K. Rool and spammed his grab, used his side B and neutral special. Absolutely hated that one and felt so satisfied after I won. I used one spirit where its specialty was "giant killer", and I believe I used Soma Cruz for that one. You can get Soma Cruz if you evolve the Dracula spirit; If I remember correctly, I believe you get Dracula's spirit after his boss fight in the dark realm.

D

Deleted member

I spammed side b with Incineroar. It helps that it has good range and hits hard if you time it right.

Otherwise, that fight sucks. It ****ing sucks. Sucks harder than Porky's sucking up attack from Mother 3

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I love the forum more tbh.
Ultimate was kind of disapointing for me.

Also , can we all agree on the fact that Joker getting in is the proof that Sakurai still have some power on DLC?

D

Deleted member

I was able to do it with Cloud. My primary spirit was Alucard, who boosts the power of sword attacks, and my support spirits were the Shine Sprite, which boosts the power of specials and Star Rod, which gives me a first strike advantage.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I love both playing the game and chilling on Smashboards to be honest.

I spammed side b with Incineroar. It helps that it has good range and hits hard if you time it right.

Otherwise, that fight sucks. It ****ing sucks. Sucks harder than Porky's sucking up attack from Mother 3
I spammed side b with Ganondorf until that ******* ran out of health. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty sure he always had power over DLC, unless I'm mistaken.
Since the Sakurai tweet where he said the DLC selection was made by Nintendo , a lot of people thought Sakurai lost all power on DLC.
I think Sakurai is still choosing the characters, but from a list that Nintendo is presenting to him. All and all, Sakurai will decide who get's in if it's a list of options from Nintendo.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Also , can we all agree on the fact that Joker getting in is the proof that Sakurai still have some power on DLC?
We always knew that. Like he told us, while Nintendo made the initial picks, shopping around for candidates, he decided from the list they provided, which were doable for the Season pass.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
We always knew that. Like he told us, while Nintendo made the initial picks, shopping around for candidates, he decided from the list they provided, which were doable for the Season pass.
Most people still spread the misinformation that Nintendo chosed everything , but what you say is probably the most likely scenario.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So hows our boi's chances looking?
Frankly, if the rumors about Erdrick aren't leakbait, his chances for this first season are rather bleak. Still not about to give up hope for a revival otherwise, though, or even separate DLC.

D

Deleted member

I'd say they are looking pretty good

PolarPanda said that no one knows the DLC, so I'm taking everything insiders say with a grain of salt. So when they say Erdrick, I am keeping in mind that they don't know that for sure.

It depends on how you view his spirit. If you think spirits are deconfirmations, then you may think he has low chances. If you think spirits aren't deconfirmations, then, like myself, you think he has high chances

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd say I'm 50-50 on Geno's chances. In my mind, he's either getting in or he's not.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
I just remembered that they made zero an assist trophy. He was a mii costume in 4 so it really makes me think geno will be represented hugely other than a spirit

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just remembered that they made zero an assist trophy. He was a mii costume in 4 so it really makes me think geno will be represented hugely other than a spirit
Honestly, most Mii costumes got some kind of promotion, so I can't help but see Geno as being only a PNG as rather suspect...

(Also, my art is your icon and it makes me smile like a goof whenever I see it. I'm so happy people are liking my Geno art! I aim to portray him as a lot more expressive than much of fanon does, because let's be real, he's one of the more talkative and expressive party members in the game, second only to Bowser. That Star Hill scene with that angry/distressed sprite... Just. It kills me. It kills me dead.)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Honestly, most Mii costumes got some kind of promotion, so I can't help but see Geno as being only a PNG as rather suspect...

(Also, my art is your icon and it makes me smile like a goof whenever I see it. I'm so happy people are liking my Geno art! I aim to portray him as a lot more expressive than much of fanon does, because let's be real, he's one of the more talkative and expressive party members in the game, second only to Bowser. That Star Hill scene with that angry/distressed sprite... Just. It kills me. It kills me dead.)
"MARIO! THERE ARE STAR PIECES TO BE FOUND! HANG IN THERE!" God I love it.

Xigger

Smash Lord

How I did it: Kept jumping on the ropes, down-A whenever Mac jumped on the ropes. Great with fighters like Ridley or Toon Link who go straight down, and Mac's air attacks SUCK

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't even know anymore. It's like Box Theory 2.0, except there isn't a limit to the characters that are "missing", and the game designers are generally smarter than the marketing department.

That's pretty honest, right?

Heck, I generally don't see him being drawn laughing in a jolly way. People are so focused on the "serious moral center of the group" aspect.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'd say I'm 50-50 on Geno's chances. In my mind, he's either getting in or he's not.
That could literally be applied to any character lol.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, in case anyone cares, I woke up today and beat Giga Mac. He was bodying me hard, but then I ran off to the side of the stage and caught him with Dark Samus’ Final Smash.

Feels good man.

Dan

Smash Lord
I love the forum more tbh.
Ultimate was kind of disapointing for me.
I don't know if Ultimate is disappointing as much as there isn't much to do. Spirits is kind of neat but not compelling overall; now that I've unlocked the characters, I typically just go online for a few matches, buy my **** from the shop with the gold I've earned and shut it off for the day.

lol, what a bold prediction. I'm fully prepared to take my Mii Gunner Geno DLC costume online once it releases to beat whatever stupid anime character gets in as DLC over him.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I still think Geno is a lock. I'm gonna be blissfully waiting for Geno to be announced until his gets disconfirmed entirely. Optimism never hurt me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom