• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's not even good leakbait. Geno is thrown around by every single fake leaker out there, it wouldn't really do its job of "weeding out" real leakers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What's even sadder is that I couldn't see Nintendo doing that to us, but I can absolutely see Square being that utterly cruel. I have a lot of disdain for Square as a company, so I just wouldn't put it past them, even if it logically doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I could also see Square doing this. I could also see them telling Nintendo "why would you want this irrelevant character when we have a whole array of magical swordsman at our disposal? Y'know you love 'em!"

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
What's even sadder is that I couldn't see Nintendo doing that to us, but I can absolutely see Square being that utterly cruel. I have a lot of disdain for Square as a company, so I just wouldn't put it past them, even if it logically doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I still think Nintendo in some way is going to include fan favorites on there - after all Lucus, Mewtwo and Roy were some characters fans wanted back, and we had them during Smash 4's DLC. Then you have some big characters like Cloud who was supposed to represent the Final Fantasy franchise, which as I understand they did because of the demand for a Final Fantasy character of some sort, so Sakurai thought to answer that with their most iconic character - even after Square asked if they were sure they wanted to use Cloud instead of other more recent characters in the series. So given there's no one else to bring back it's likely to go the way of fan favorites + any other characters Nintendo sees fit for DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So...let me see if I got this right.

If leakers are leakbaiting and Square is also leakbaiting, then this could be potentially a battle between leakbaiters that will rage on until either something gets leaked for real, or the leakers' careers will be put into jeopardy and be silenced?

Well, this should be an interesting few months.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

I could also see Square doing this. I could also see them telling Nintendo "why would you want this irrelevant character when we have a whole array of magical swordsman at our disposal? Y'know you love 'em!"
And they proceed to not let anyone at Nintendo put images of any of them in-game. Except in-house Smash stuff.

It doesn't make any sense.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Also Phil has said numerous times that he was working with nintendo on something big. My guess is a new BK game is coming at E3, along with the announcement of Banjo being in smash.
Gosh, that would be perfect. Announce a new Banjo-Kazooie game for the Switch, along with his character reveal. What if it's the continuation of Banjo-Threeie? That would be hype. E3 seems like the perfect time to reveal a character. I think we'll get another DLC character announcement in March, then we'll get one at E3... NOW, let's hope that one's for Banjo.

Let's also hope they go with his design from the Nintendo 64. In my opinion, the current design of Banjo and Kazooie from Nuts and Bolts looks terrible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Leakbait discussion? Yeah, I'm still a little shook by how Nintendo tried to hardcore leakbait its own employees with the VGAs. I'm pretty sure if that had gotten out online, people would have been jet propelled to the unemployment line. Glad everyone in the "Polar Camp®" was smart enough to not fall for it. Also, no, nothing new has come out but rumors are everywhere but they're coming from no one particularly credible. The damn should be breaking within a week though.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I always go back to when Reggie said Joker is an emblematic pick, and I think these are the only possibilities of what Joker’s pick was emblematic of:

1) Joker represents left-field picks.
2) Joker represents iconic games in recent years.
3) Joker represents characters who mainly appeal to smaller audiences.
4) “Emblematic” was all talk, and Joker is the only wild card choice.

I wholeheartedly believe that option 2 is something interesting that really no one is talking about, and if true, it’s definitely support 2b being the Square rep. However, if 1 or 3 are true, they’d both favor Geno (but at the same time, Erdrick).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Leakbait discussion? Yeah, I'm still a little shook by how Nintendo tried to hardcore leakbait its own employees with the VGAs. I'm pretty sure if that had gotten out online, people would have been jet propelled to the unemployment line. Glad everyone in the "Polar Camp®" was smart enough to not fall for it. Also, no, nothing new has come out but rumors are everywhere but they're coming from no one particularly credible. The damn should be breaking within a week though.
I mean, doesn't Bamco leakbait for their own stuff? Seems like that is finally starting to rub off on Nintendo then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Japanese names of Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps are names that are owned by Nintendo. They don't own the series. The content was removed. It was more likely they thought it was an actual Nintendo series, but couldn't do anything but keep the data names, which legally Nintendo owns. Names only.

It doesn't mean anything for the Rareware stuff.

Besides that, Banjo is hardly a lock. A contender, but no lock. Also, let's not pretend Steven isn't a highly popular choice. Yes, some don't like him. But some don't like Banjo either. Let's remember that one is a huge gaming icon while the other is actually a far lesser icon in comparison. There's no denying that Steve is also way more well known at this point. Both are absolutely contenders(and I for one really do want Steve in. I also don't have any issues with any 1st party Microsoft IP's getting in of the most known ones, because they're all great characters(Steve, Banjo & Kazooie, Fulgore, Battletoads, Master Chief). They all are highly deserving in their own right and have tons of merits beyond simply being iconic at some point in gaming).

D

Deleted member

Geno and Ninten in Ultimate, Super Mario RPG remake for Switch, and a remake of the 3 Mother games for Switch is what I need in life
I just need a Smash game with everybody from the past game in it (I can't believe Shulk is included in that!!!!) alongside Chrom and Inkling

Oh wait

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
The Japanese names of Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps are names that are owned by Nintendo. They don't own the series. The content was removed. It was more likely they thought it was an actual Nintendo series, but couldn't do anything but keep the data names, which legally Nintendo owns. Names only.

It doesn't mean anything for the Rareware stuff.

Besides that, Banjo is hardly a lock. A contender, but no lock. Also, let's not pretend Steven isn't a highly popular choice. Yes, some don't like him. But some don't like Banjo either. Let's remember that one is a huge gaming icon while the other is actually a far lesser icon in comparison. There's no denying that Steve is also way more well known at this point. Both are absolutely contenders(and I for one really do want Steve in. I also don't have any issues with any 1st party Microsoft IP's getting in of the most known ones, because they're all great characters(Steve, Banjo & Kazooie, Fulgore, Battletoads, Master Chief). They all are highly deserving in their own right and have tons of merits beyond simply being iconic at some point in gaming).
Yeah, I've always been in the mindset of not really minding who a potential Microsoft rep would be. I'd take anyone tbh. XD

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
While we for sure don't know the DLC there are some suspicious characters that are certainly very plausible.

>Geno for reasons mentioned here already
>Some other Square character obviously
>Ninten as far as first parties go has some rather... Interesting evidence that points at him being a plausible addition
>Lloyd Irving has been discussed quite a bit as well
>Banjo or Steve are also looking decently likely as the first Microsoft rep (Praying to god that if it's one of them it's Banjo)

I'm also fairly certain most if not all these characters were considered for Smash/liked by Sakurai so that kinda helps.

January direct seems very likely at this point since the last real one was in ****ing September and for the most part was a snoozefest. (In my opinion)

However the next character being revealed then? VERY slim chance. what we're most likely gonna get is the official release dates for PP as well as Joker and perhaps a trailer for him.

It's honestly way too early for no. 2 to be revealed yet. March or April though? THAT'S when they're gonna get revealed. I can feel it...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about Elma, Rex, and Pyra?
Don't get me wrong, they would be sick as **** and I would explode with hype, but honestly I will still be completely content even if none of them were added as DLC in the Fighter's Pass. There's just so much in this game, and Shulk is adequate representation as of right now tbh

The Zelda situation kinda blows ngl but hey I got my boy Young Link back and the og three's redesigns are incredible and they're actually viable now so I'm cool

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Elma I could see. But I highly doubt Rex not just because he's a Mii costume, but because he's part of that Fighter's Pass as a Mii costume. I could see him in a potential second Fighter's Pass, but I feel that kills his chances outright as a regular fighter. That feels like his intended role.

D

Deleted member

Don't get me wrong, they would be sick as **** and I would explode with hype, but honestly I will still be completely content even if none of them were added as DLC in the Fighter's Pass. There's just so much in this game, and Shulk is adequate representation as of right now tbh

The Zelda situation kinda blows ngl but hey I got my boy Young Link back and the og three's redesigns are incredible and they're actually viable now so I'm cool
Yeah, Ultimate is really awesome :D

I think Elma would be a good second rep for Xenoblade. She is a necessary addition imo. I feel she should join before Rex and Pyra too if there were another XB rep.

I like YL too. Initially, I wasn't too excited about him, but I like him

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
God if they bring back third party Mii costumes it'd be nice if they brought back the Protoman one as well. I know he's a lost cause at this point so I'd gladly take that over weeping in a corner with just a .png file.

D

Deleted member

God if they bring back third party Mii costumes it'd be nice if they brought back the Protoman one as well. I know he's a lost cause at this point so I'd gladly take that over weeping in a corner with just a .png file.
Protoman was actually the only other gunner Mii costume I bought in Smash 4 other than Geno. I really like his design

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Protoman was actually the only other gunner Mii costume I bought in Smash 4 other than Geno. I really like his design
One day Blues... One day you'll get your chance to join the brothers that smash...

Honestly those were the only Gunner Miis I used anyway. But my Claus Mii was where it was at. he was a Swordfighter with the SSB T-Shirt giving him a yellow beam looking sword and had the Mii Force helmet. He was literal perfection to me so I'm hoping the Mii Force helmet is back in Ultimate because I want my boy back. I have the T-Shirt for sure since I got that in the gold shop.

D

Deleted member

One day Blues... One day you'll get your chance to join the brothers that smash...

Honestly those were the only Gunner Miis I used anyway. But my Claus Mii was where it was at. he was a Swordfighter with the SSB T-Shirt giving him a yellow beam looking sword and had the Mii Force helmet. He was literal perfection to me so I'm hoping the Mii Force helmet is back in Ultimate because I want my boy back. I have the T-Shirt for sure since I got that in the gold shop.
That is the perfect Claus Mii costume. They should make it a thing.

Speaking of Mii costumes, what would you all think of a Mallow Mii costume coming with Geno (as a fighter, of course)?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
And they proceed to not let anyone at Nintendo put images of any of them in-game. Except in-house Smash stuff.

It doesn't make any sense.
Yep, that just shows how Square is with Nintendo. They got zero problems working with Ubisoft, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Activison, and Avalance Studios, but they got many problems with Nintendo. I find it interesting how Nintendo was even allowed to mention Super Mario RPG on their Twitter without Square having a mental breakdown, considering that Square doesn't like it when Nintendo mentions their stuff. There were a few pictures of Cloud in game, and I know there was one where he holds Zelda in the water. I'm surprised they even allowed Cloud to be in the roster banner.

I don't know if Yamauchi cussed Square out, stole their food, plagiarized their work and got away with it, or what, but I find it ridiculous that Square can't negotiate and get over their problems with Nintendo. Yamauchi is no longer the president, it's Shuntaro now. Square, it's time to call in a peace treaty with Nintendo. And while you're at it, please leave Sony and stay with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Elma I could see. But I highly doubt Rex not just because he's a Mii costume, but because he's part of that Fighter's Pass as a Mii costume. I could see him in a potential second Fighter's Pass, but I feel that kills his chances outright as a regular fighter. That feels like his intended role.
I can still dream

I mean I don't have it nearly as bad as geno fans or isaac fans have had it for the past decade or so and after hanging out in those threads for a while and seeing what all y'all went through I've learned to count my blessings

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yep, that just shows how Square is with Nintendo. They got zero problems working with Ubisoft, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Activison, and Avalance Studios, but they got many problems with Nintendo. I find it interesting how Nintendo was even allowed to mention Super Mario RPG on their Twitter without Square having a mental breakdown, considering that Square doesn't like it when Nintendo mentions their stuff. There were a few pictures of Cloud in game, and I know there was one where he holds Zelda in the water. I'm surprised they even allowed Cloud to be in the roster banner.

I don't know if Yamauchi cussed Square out, stole their food, plagiarized their work and got away with it, or what, but I find it ridiculous that Square can't negotiate and get over their problems with Nintendo. Yamauchi is no longer the president, it's Shuntaro now. Square, it's time to call in a peace treaty with Nintendo. And while you're at it, please leave Sony and stay with Nintendo.
I'm honestly kinda surprised that they even let some spirits use Cloud as a fighter with how they act like around Nintendo. Not sure if Miyamota pissed in their Cheerios or what's up there.

Other thing to mention, in the music section on Ultimate, I was making some playlists and I noticed that the Final Fantasy music is the ONLY section that doesn't mention series. It just says FINAL FANTASY VII in all capitals.

So uh. I guess what I'm saying here is uh... I don't think our Square rep is gonna be any Final Fantasy character period.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can still dream

I mean I don't have it nearly as bad as geno fans or isaac fans have had it for the past decade or so and after hanging out in those threads for a while and seeing what all y'all went through I've learned to count my blessings
Nah, that's fine. While I don't think he's happening for the current Fighter's Pass outside of the Mii costume, I won't pretend he's impossible. It's realistic to find him unlikely. It's not like he was straight out said he won't be playable as a regular DLC character. Makes sense to hope~

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman

Sony is rapidly sinking their own ship so I don't think its out of discussion for squeenix to finally jump ship. But if they do, it's likely they will try and jump to microsoft, as they already produce a LOT of content also for them. Not sure why they still feel so burned by Nintendo backing out on the n64 disc drive, seems like a pointless hill to die on, especially with the insane success of bravely default and octopath, the former being meh in my eyes but sales are sales.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly kinda surprised that they even let some spirits use Cloud as a fighter with how they act like around Nintendo. Not sure if Miyamota pissed in their Cheerios or what's up there.

Other thing to mention, in the music section on Ultimate, I was making some playlists and I noticed that the Final Fantasy music is the ONLY section that doesn't mention series. It just says FINAL FANTASY VII in all capitals.

So uh. I guess what I'm saying here is uh... I don't think our Square rep is gonna be any Final Fantasy character period.
It's also entirely possible that they're stingy because they already agreed to a certain wooden puppet from a certain rpg to be DLC so they don't want too much other stuff to be in the game~

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

They probably don't have the rights to put "Final Fantasy" in the game, only "Final Fantasy VII". But yeah, the only way we're getting another FF rep is if they're from FF7. The FF composer is currently on a hiatus, so I don't see it.

It was either Miyamoto or Yamauchi that really pissed them off. Miyamoto was an asshole to Rare and always ****talked their games, so he could be involved with making Square aggressive, too. Yamauchi told Square that if they leave, they can never come back; there's a chance Yamauchi was very rude to the Final Fantasy creators and some of the Square employees. Thanks to Mr. Iwata, their relationship with Square got a lot better over the years. It was either Miyamoto or Yamauchi that made Square angry. That's one of the reasons why I wish Iwata was still here, because he really cared about the Nintendo community and would always take notes from the fans; not to mention that he was a gamer, too, he wasn't just a businessman like the current and previous Nintendo presidents were.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Yeah, Ultimate is really awesome :D

I think Elma would be a good second rep for Xenoblade. She is a necessary addition imo. I feel she should join before Rex and Pyra too if there were another XB rep.

I like YL too. Initially, I wasn't too excited about him, but I like him
Elma would also be a lot more unique imo due to her dual wielding both swords and guns, a mech, the Overdrive mechanic, and a whole lot of cool arts. Rex and Pyra are okay, but Elma stands out as a character much more to me. She's definitely my most wanted (no offense to Geno, he's a close second).

Back to Geno though, I think that his Mii Costume will definitely be back along with all the other missing ones. Whether or not that's all, that's to be determined, but I highly doubt it.

D

Deleted member

Elma would also be a lot more unique imo due to her dual wielding both swords and guns, a mech, the Overdrive mechanic, and a whole lot of cool arts. Rex and Pyra are okay, but Elma stands out as a character much more to me. She's definitely my most wanted (no offense to Geno, he's a close second).

Back to Geno though, I think that his Mii Costume will definitely be back along with all the other missing ones. Whether or not that's all, that's to be determined, but I highly doubt it.
I agree about Elma, she would be unique.

And yeah, I am thinking that Lloyd and Geno could be 2 of the DLC, along with their Mii costumes returning

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Porky would definitely be added before Ninten.
Nope. Protagonists before antagonisnts every time. It took four Smash games to get two of Nintendo's most iconic villains in. Porky doesn't have the fanbase neccesary to put him in alongside those two But I feel like your post seems to be more of an opinion rather than a fact so I'm just gonna stop right here as I don't want to derail the thread with Ninten talk for the tenth time.

Xigger

Smash Lord
The rumor of the week is leakbait, huh? Can't say I believe it more than any other leak-of-the-week.

All I know is, I'm still optimistic because of the many, many good indications listed in the OP post, all the signs that gave us tons of hope. So the ever-changing fan-generated despair doesn't get to me!

Honestly, after Polar's source told us that Isaac and Shadow were assist trophies before the Direct, saying certain bosses would be in the game before it was confirmed, Pokémon Let's GO spirits were coming before it was officially announced with an update, saying no one knows the DLC which is also correct, and a bunch of other stuff... It makes me trust them. Not once did they get anything wrong. I stopped believing in leaks after the Grinch leak was fake.
Wow it's my first time hearing about this, sounds like Polar should be one of the top new leakers! Where do I go to see this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom