• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
surprising that we got a lot on fire emblem (which is admittedly a niche franchise) but nothing at all on animal crossing (which i guess is niche in its own right?)

overall it was really disappointing other than mario maker 2 (it was mostly just 3rd party ports and square announcements, 2 things i never really cared much about)

Klimax

Smash Ace
Vergeben:
"They will show Starfox Grand Prix"
No

Still Vergeben: "The new Zelda is a different thing from Link's Awakening"
No

Last edited:

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Links awakening and Rune Factory 5. Cool, everything else? Meh.

At least there was no erdrick reveal?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So I'm gonna watch it now. But didn't Verge also say that Erdrick will be shown as well? Or just that "he's coming"

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I liked it overall. Nothing made me too bored and I am glad to see Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2 and the new Platinum game. Lost a bet though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, most of the rumors wound up being true. No Smash, Mario Maker 2, Box Boy, a new Platinum game, and 2D Zelda got checked off. No Star Fox though so there's a lot of explaining to do from Vergeben.

Doctor Lucky

Smash Cadet
With Joker started for before the end of April, I'd wager the next character announcement would be somewhere around March.

domriver

Smash Lord
Well - I was expecting Joker gameplay guess not. What exactly was suppose to be the big one? Zelda or Astral Chains (which looks cool not sure if im sold on it - looks like a cross of bayonetta, devil may cry and xeno chronices)

Maybe its to premature to be thinking that Smash just might have another direct for itself? If thats the case Version 3.0 direct should be sometime in March i would think. Then and there I guess Joker gameplay along with release date and price and a preview of whats to come. TO be honest maybe not even that due to E3 being so close.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben:
"They will show Starfox Grand Prix"
No

Still Vergeben: "The new Zelda is a different thing from Link's Awakening"
No
Verge got so much **** wrong today lmao.

I will take things he says with a wheelbarrow of salt now, not just a grain of salt

Huh. No Joker gameplay. At least we know what he looks like ingame... and we know he's coming pretty soon (if he's gonna be part of 3.0, that is). They said magor stuff was coming, but after 2.0, I'm certain "magor" dosen't mean anything exciting.

On a side note, damn. A lot of **** just got blown out of the water. No Pikmin 3 port, no Metroid Prime trilogy, no Star Fox grand prix.....

Honestly, aside from Mario Maker 2, that direct kinda bored me.

(Also, MARIO MAKER 2 HYPE TRAIN)

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Things Vergeben insisted would be in the Direct.

- Dragon Quest VIII

- Pikmin 3

- Star Fox Grand Prix

- that the new 2D Zelda would not be related to Link's Awakening.

Imagine believing Erdrick is Brave

This post was made by the Geno Gang.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So joker is not even done enough to show gameplay? Yeah I think it might be awhile before we get DLC 2.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Well, most of the rumors wound up being true. No Smash, Mario Maker 2, Box Boy, a new Platinum game, and 2D Zelda got checked off. No Star Fox though so there's a lot of explaining to do from Vergeben.
But wasn't Pikmin 3/4, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and the 2D Zelda being an original title a thing? Also weren't people also saying stuff about the new Pokemon title? I mean a couple things were right but some things were way off.

So joker is not even done enough to show gameplay? Yeah I think it might be awhile before we get DLC 2.
They said he'll be playable before the end of April. So not too long and within the DLC approximately every 2 months as had been speculated.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Verge just said Erdrick was coming, but it wasn't this direct. Maybe we'll get a small Smash direct at some point soon.

Overall, the Direct started off well, petered into boring territory, and ended with a heck of a bang. As soon as I saw the raft and Link's hand and foot, I started squealing like an Outset Island piggy.

I'm so ****ing ready for that (and also to buy FFIX on my Switch).

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I have a hunch we will get something to be proud of this week.

*Stay tuned*
You were right! To be honest, the most I really wanted out of this Direct was for them to tell us what Final Fantasy VII's release date was, and we got it! It's March 26. :)

I am also really looking forward to Joker! Smash Ultimate Version 3.0.0 predictions: Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder, and/or Break the Targets!

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm starting to be sceptical about Erdrick's chances, I mean, we had so much Dragon Quest during this direct, that was the absolute perfect opportunity.
We didn't get any new character but I think that now, people are going to doubt about all of these leaks.

In my opinion, that direct was still a good proof that no one knows about the DLC characters.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain
OH OKAY FINAL FANTASY IX IS JUST RELEASING TODAY
Link's Awakening...maybe. Damn that style didn't jive with me

Those were some of the highlights for me.

Nothing really bombshell-tier, but okayish overall I suppose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Imran Khan said it would be a "big one" so I don't know if he is very reliable.

Or maybe he just thought the things shown there were hype which I heavily disagree with.

And Verge has lost a lot of credibility after that direct. Less reason to trust him now.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well no news on the dlc character is good news right?

Also saw some solid stuff I’m interested in. Ff9 is my 2nd favorite ff, only beaten by 6, so getting it sooner rather than later is good imo. Mario maker 2, no complaints there. A link’s awaking remake is also good imo, so can’t complain there either. Rest of the direct was pretty “meh” but seeing the leakers like verge get it completely wrong is good imo.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, now I'm starting to really doubt the Erdrick claims, too, mostly because all the stuff we thought we had to be getting this Direct was blown out of the water... and god, I'm so glad Verge was dead wrong about Link's Awakening. I am so happy about that. Makes me wonder if his sources are baiting him when they flat out said that would not be happening at all, specifically debunking it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm gonna be honest... Erdrick kinda looks unlikely now.... cautiously hyped?

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice can you explain what game was for which hint?
The hint Polar's source gave was for Zelda. It was really esoteric but it refers to Puerto Ceiba in Mexico which is supposedly known for expansive beaches and crabs, similar to the ones found in Link's Awakening.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm starting to be sceptical about Erdrick's chances, I mean, we had so much Dragon Quest during this direct, that was the absolute perfect opportunity.
We didn't get any new character but I think that now, people are going to doubt about all of these leaks.

In my opinion, that direct was still a good proof that no one knows about the DLC characters.
You know I really really doubt it's Erdrick now.
This. I mean, if you were going to announce Erdrick of all characters wouldn't you do it after the DQ11/builders presentation? Or at least hold off on that stuff until you were going to announce him? I mean he could be announced as a part of a Smash specific direct but.. ehhhhh.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So I got to all the Dragon Quest news. If this wasn't the time to announce him after making Dragon Quest sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know when the perfect time to announce him would be.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I for one am super happy to see Link's Awakening.

That made the lack of Bayonetta and Animal Crossing more palatable.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Smash Related: DISSAPOINTING
RPG Related: ASUIDFHASDJNRFHJ23U23U423789BNDFKLSD BRUH

I loved it, I mean, It was disgusting for my "Smash" Expectations but AAAAAAAAAA I player the hell out of Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii and now they're making 5?? AND THE REMAKE IS COMING SOON? ADFHASUHFDHASUIED3

I loved it.

FE looks neat, vibes from Pokemon Go clans tho, and pretty interesting Cinematics (on gameplay)

The new game was a meh for me.

So... and the big blue crab was for... ?

EDIT: Bayo 3 and Link "plastic" awakening remake, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE IT

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So I got to all the Dragon Quest news. If this wasn't the time to announce him after making Dragon Quest sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know when the perfect time to announce him would be.
Like I keep saying, probably a separate Direct or even a Smash Direct. You all heard how they laid it on extra thick for Dragon Quest. If it's in Smash, they're going to give it a red carpet entrance, mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom