• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, long time lurker here who just made his account. I normally just sit back and watch and pray. Geno is my favorite character of all time with Super Smash Bros being my favorite franchise.

I am keeping optimistic that the stars will align for the best wooden boy, though I honestly think Sora is more worrisome than Erdrick.

I dislike Sora as a character so much and always have since I first played KH. I havent even touched 3 because I feel so oversaturated with Sora. I also find the majority overrate the greatness of KH in general. I know that's my personal bias, and honestly, any future where Geno doesnt make it in is a worse future for it.

I feel the hate towards Geno is from people bandwagoning and nothing more. Those people will fall off when the time has come. I bet those people will love Geno.

He's so special to me. Wishes to Star Road! Cheers. ^_^

D

Deleted member

It's almost like saying there is not going to be another Golden Sun game because Isaac isn't playable in Ultimate. It doesn't make any sense at all to say that, Nintendo can definitely market the franchises of characters outside the roster.
The difference between GS and Geno in more Mario titles though is that Sakurai said he would not include Isaac in Smash unless Camelot was making a new GS game, so that is almost a necessity for Isaac to be in Smash.

Sakurai isn't of this mindset with Geno. If they want to do it, Sakurai and Nintendo can negotiate with SE to get Geno playable in Smash. So, if Geno doesn't get into Smash, I think it's unlikely for him to get into Mario games.

Hello everyone, long time lurker here who just made his account. I normally just sit back and watch and pray. Geno is my favorite character of all time with Super Smash Bros being my favorite franchise.

I am keeping optimistic that the stars will align for the best wooden boy, though I honestly think Sora is more worrisome than Erdrick.

I dislike Sora as a character so much and always have since I first played KH. I havent even touched 3 because I feel so oversaturated with Sora. I also find the majority overrate the greatness of KH in general. I know that's my personal bias, and honestly, any future where Geno doesnt make it in is a worse future for it.

I feel the hate towards Geno is from people bandwagoning and nothing more. Those people will fall off when the time has come. I bet those people will love Geno.

He's so special to me. Wishes to Star Road! Cheers. ^_^
Welcome! :)

We are cheering for him too, and hopefully he gets in Smash and the mainline Mario games

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
The difference between GS and Geno in more Mario titles though is that Sakurai said he would not include Isaac in Smash unless Camelot was making a new game, so that is almost a necessity for Isaac to be in Smash.

Sakurai isn't of this mindset with Geno. If they want to do it, Sakurai and Nintendo can negotiate with SE to get Geno playable in Smash. So, if Geno doesn't get into Smash, I think it's unlikely for him to get into Mario games.

Welcome! :)

We are cheering for him too, and hopefully he gets in Smash and the mainline Mario games
I'd take him in just about anything where he is playable, but theres just such a vision I have of him where he fits so effortlessly into Smash.

I'm still a tad shook he wasnt in base roster.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
I'd take him in just about anything where he is playable, but theres just such a vision I have of him where he fits so effortlessly into Smash.

play legacy XP and you'll be even more shook. He's flawlessly represented there, down to the OP timed hits.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If anything, they might focus on putting Geno in something outside of Smash, back in his home series, to appease the fans if he can't get into Smash. Square potentially using him as leak bait means that even they know he's highly beloved now. I don't see how he would be so unlikely. Have some hope, man, especially since Smash isn't looking likely, at least not for the near future.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't at all happy about that lol.

Every time I imagine a Geno reveal my mouth waters. It's just...so perfect and needs to happen

If anything, they might focus on putting Geno in something outside of Smash, back in his home series, to appease the fans if he can't get into Smash. Square potentially using him as leak bait means that even they know he's highly beloved now. I don't see how he would be so unlikely. Have some hope, man, especially since Smash isn't looking likely, at least not for the near future.
How though? I don't think it makes sense to include a character like Geno in Mario games but not Smash, when the major amount of requests are for Smash.

I don't think anything good would come out of SE using him as leakbait. Also, is he really being used as leakbait? I don't see his name heard much by insiders.

And hey, I do have hope! I'm just saying that I don't think it makes sense for him to be in Mario games and not be in Smash. However, I'm confident he will be in Smash in wave 1 DLC, and I'm confident he will appear in more Mario games after that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hope there is another mod like Project M or Legacy XP for Ultimate in the future so we can get all the fan favorite characters that missed the boat in like Isaac, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Skull Kid or any character that we are all rooting for that doesn't make it in the DLC cycle like Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, and Elma.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I hope there is another mod like Project M or Legacy XP for Ultimate in the future so we can get all the fan favorite characters that missed the boat in like Isaac, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Skull Kid or any character that we are all rooting for that doesn't make it in the DLC cycle like Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, or Elma.
Same, but even if it does, it won't be as widespread. Switch modding is very difficult and, when coupled with the fact that it can entirely ban you from NSO, it's not favorable. Doesn't that suck? Of course, Nintendo has very good reason to prevent hacking of their consoles and punish those who are, but it's also like...

"We don't want to put your favorites in, and if you want them anyway, too bad. You can't mod them in either. Deal with it."

Owwie.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully Geno gets announced but let's not get our hopes up cause for all we know there's no new character announced. I doubt that we aren't getting one but there's always a chance.

link2702

Smash Champion
I’m at work atm, so to keep myself from either getting too excited, or too disappointed, I’ll miss it.

Please oh please let it be geno revealed, i know I’ve grown used to being let down here, but I’m gonna still keep hoping....

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Well Joker is in before the end of April. That's pretty cool. Also they seemed to be hinting something significant for 3.0.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not even Joker gameplay, I don't expect the reveal of a newcomer at all now :laugh:
I thought we were going to see Joker gameplay, but I absolutely was expecting not to see the next fighter today. I said it was too soon for that.

Edit: I think Erdrick is definitely coming now.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I thought we were going to see Joker gameplay, but I absolutely was expecting not to see the next fighter today. I said it was too soon for that.

Edit: I think Edrick is definitely coming now.
Yeah too much Dragon Quest, it's the perfect time for Erdrick in my opinion, if they don't show him now, I'm going to doubt about his chances, for real.

D

Deleted member

It's totally Erdrick. Feels bad man.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah too much Dragon Quest, it's the perfect time for Erdrick in my opinion, if they don't show him now, I'm going to doubt about his chances, for real.
I really hope that ******* Vergeben doesn't deconfirm Banjo & Kazooie because if he does, he can go to ****. I'm tired of this guy spoiling everything.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Vergeben also said "Starfox Grand Prix will be revealed".
We just saw a racing mode in Starlink.
If Vergeben is wrong and there's not Starfox Grand Prix and just a Starlink update, that would be a HUGE blow to his credibility.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben also said "Starfox Grand Prix will be revealed".
We just saw a racing mode in Starlink.
If Vergeben is wrong and there's not Starfox Grand Prix and just a Starlink update, that would be a HUGE blow to his credibility.
I wouldn't say huge blow but a just another blow, he's a pretty iffy leaker everywhere except for maybe Smash apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom