• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Reminder that Vergeben insisted that Minecraft content was going to be in the game on the same day all the base content was leaked.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
So.. what's your point
I'm talking about legal issues
You're talking about... lore issues and how the fans see it and how bring him back but, that doesn't change the fact that Geno is owned by SE. lmao
Well, ownership negotiation is just an internal move, Geno's fighter title in the game is a different story. Both do matter, just in the actual game we would not see Geno be put in a guest slot along with other Square characters.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Eh? I saw a screencap of him talking about Erdrick in the Square thread, and from someone I trust wouldn't forge a screenshot like that. Are we sure about that? Maybe he deleted the post?
I went on the thread to see the screen. I can confirm that this message is not in the list of Vergeben's messages anymore. Maybe he deleted it. Maybe the screen is fake. Maybe Vergeben is playing, maybe he's trolling.

I don't remember him deleting his messages after confirming a character, don't know why he would do that. In my opinion, it doesn't change anything, Erdrick is still the most likely and the one I'm expecting to get in the game. But I don't take Vergeben's message as a confirmation this time (because he never acted like this before). And that's coming from a guy who though he was right about every Smash related things.

Would be legit funny if that "Yes" he gave the dude was stating that he saw his Twitter, rather than Erdrick being the one.
But yeah, I'm also 100% ready and accepting Erdrick is the one to come.
But, as stated, I believe Season 2 to be a thing. 100%
Honestly, it's not impossible that the "yes" was a troll and that would explain why he then deleted it, thinking "damn, if I confirm a character, someone could lose his job". :laugh:
Same thing, I'm ready for Erdrick now.
And sadly I don't believe in a Season 2 pass.

Last edited:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Geno comes back to life?! (You know, cause he’s been dormant for so long ;-; )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I went on the thread to see the screen. I can confirm that this message is not in the list of Vergeben's messages anymore. Maybe he deleted it. Maybe the screen is fake. Maybe Vergeben is playing, maybe he's trolling.

I don't remember him deleting his messages after confirming a character, don't know why he would do that. In my opinion, it doesn't change anything, Erdrick is still the most likely and the one I'm expecting to get in the game. But I don't take Vergeben's message as a confirmation this time (because he never acted like this before). And that's coming from a guy who though he was right about every Smash related things.

Honestly, it's not impossible that the "yes" was a troll and that would explain why he then deleted it, thinking "damn, if I confirm a character, someone could lose his job". :laugh:
Here is the post.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, I remain entirely skeptical of Erdrick going forward regardless of what happens today. I've already lost hope back in Brawl, and I'm not going through that again. May I remind you all that Vergeben got his info wrong regarding the first DLC character and the Minecraft content being a complete lie. If he can't get his facts straight, then it's not worth giving him the time of day.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Verge didn't delete that post at all

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I can't wait for ten years of support to be rendered completely useless by someone who gained a following over two months! :4pacman:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, I think today's gonna be the day where Brave gets revealed, and while it may seem like a dark timeline for Geno, I don't think today is gonna be the end guys. I actually have a pretty good feeling about this direct. I can't obviously guarantee anything since I'm just a theory person but, I think today is gonna be a good day for Geno fans.

Don't give up bros. :ness:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, I think today's gonna be the day where Brave gets revealed, and while it may seem like a dark timeline for Geno, I don't think today is gonna be the end guys. I actually have a pretty good feeling about this direct. I can't obviously guarantee anything since I'm just a theory person but, I think today is gonna be a good day for Geno fans.

Don't give up bros. :ness:
If anything, even with the bad news seeming to be on the horizon, it'll only make us stronger.

Geno will come back one day. I feel it in my bones.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I guess should Erdrick be confirmed as "Brave" despite a lot of things not adding up, I suppose the saving grace is that Geno still has 3 chances left to be one of the remaining characters.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
At this point, Sakurai could come out and say Geno is never going to be in Smash, and I still would expect him to pop up during every character reveal.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Winnie goddammit how many times have we told you, if we can't get Goku in Smash, you can't come, either.

AND DON'T GO CRYING TO CHRISTOPHER ROBIN EITHER. :mad088:
Here's our Square rep, my friends.
sephiroth-winnoe-the-pooh.jpg

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I already have an agreement with some Discords I'm in telling them to PM me if it's Erdrick or Steve. I will be in class so I would rather know when it happens then waiting till I get home to watch the direct my self. Saves me the disappointment from seeing it my self.
View attachment 192094

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I already have an agreement with some Discords I'm in telling them to PM me if it's Erdrick or Steve. I will be in class so I would rather know when it happens then waiting till I get home to watch the direct my self. Saves me the disappointment from seeing it my self.

Why would Erdrick in particular be such a huge deal for you? Or is it any S-E character that is not Geno?
EDIT: Oh ****... I thought this was the Square thread. XD
Oh well, no need to take this in a bad light anyways, my fellas

View attachment 192094
I legitimately laughed out loud with this.
Thank you, my good sir.
This was epic

Eh? What's this about?
A second season of the Fighter Pass.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Why would Erdrick in particular be such a huge deal for you? Or is it any S-E character that is not Geno?
EDIT: Oh ****... I thought this was the Square thread. XD
Oh well, no need to take this in a bad light anyways, my fellas
I am not really a fan of any other SE character (it's why I rarely post in the SE thread) Their entire lineup would be characters I don't feel strongly for one way or the other or characters I don't want anywhere near smash. You can guess where Erdrick lands for me.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
And now is when Nintendo Starts with Erdrick Showcase, Shows Joker's Gamplay in the middle, and ends with Geno reveal (Free DLC character if you buy the 3rd Party Mii Costumes Pack) :4pacman:

link2702

Smash Champion
Like I said in the past, if it’s Erdrick, Nintendo really doesn’t want me buying the pass or staying subbed to Nintendo Online.

I at least hope there’s one character on the fighter pass I’m interested in, cuz so far it looks like I won’t be purchasing any dlc for ultimate...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If it's Steve and Erdrick that only leaves me with two spots to get a character I actually want. I don't like those odds.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I guess should Erdrick be confirmed as "Brave" despite a lot of things not adding up, I suppose the saving grace is that Geno still has 3 chances left to be one of the remaining characters.
If Erdrick gets in, I don't want him to have a male and female alt. Cause that would blow that leak out of the water and allow us to actually have a discussion again.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If it's Steve and Erdrick that only leaves me with two spots to get a character I actually want. I don't like those odds.
I still don't think Steve will be in. He lacks good "fighting music" for his DLC pack tbh. Unless they just bundle Steve with a bunch of Microsoft music, but that would seem kind of weird to me.

D

Deleted member

I've been gone for a bit.

I still believe in Geno and, after Verge said the SE rep would be first, I'm taking what he says with a grain of salt, so I'm not really panicking about him being 100% on Erdrick.

For a tagline - Geno destroys the leaks! Jk lol, but, seriously - Geno gives it a whirl! (I really like Geno gets the show on the road btw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom