• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Final Fantasy XV came out 9/30/2016.

It's a close match.

Oh somebody already got the Star Fox thing.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Well, it's 930216, not 9302016, so Idk about FF XV
Yeah I said close, not exact. Whatever, I tried :p

A new Star Fox is cool and good I guess. The games have been in a slump since, well, the 90's.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
yeah, it has to be star fox: GP considering what verge and panda had said.
Would Star Fox GP even be a huge headliner, though...? I don't see how that would 'undoubtedly get headlines'. In fact, for that kind of status, I'd argue F-Zero fits that bill better.

I dunno. I think it's something different that no one is expecting.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yes, actually, rumors about the perceived ports actually being sequels or even enhanced remasters.
now this is some spicy **** here.

I'd love it if we got an outright sequel to Mario Maker with way more options, in terms of tools, enemies, groundwork, and even what mario games we can use (Mario 2 content, Mario All-Stars visuals, etc.)

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I am debating between getting pikmin 3 on the wii u or on the switch if they announce it for that. There will have to be some real enhancement for me not to just get the cheaper version on the wii u though.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Would Star Fox GP even be a huge headliner, though...? I don't see how that would 'undoubtedly get headlines'. In fact, for that kind of status, I'd argue F-Zero fits that bill better.

I dunno. I think it's something different that no one is expecting.
Well there can be multiple big news things. The way polar phrased it on resetera, the crab is obviously separate from the Star Fox stuff.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Jokes on us, Polar Panda posted that hint because being repeatedly asked about the Direct contents was making her

CRABBY!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually the picture came from PolarPanda's source but he's been quiet on what it means. He posted it in the afternoon in our Discord chat.

MissingGlitch MissingGlitch

It's not Dragon Quest. I can confirm that Polar's source doesn't know the Dragon Quest games well enough to reference that. Funny story: we actually had to explain to him who Erdrick was when he first started becoming relevant in the Smash rumor mill because Dragon Quest was that foreign to him.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Polar said that her source claimed it was a hint for an actual game, not a Smash reveal, so I wouldn't connect DQ to that in terms of Smash just yet. Would be nice to see some DQ info, though, because I was thinking of buying DQXI when it comes to Switch.

D

Deleted member

Actually the picture came from PolarPanda's source but he's been quiet on what it means. He posted it in the afternoon in our Discord chat.
Just to clarify it came from her Nintendo source right?

Edit: Accidentally wrote his and not hers, Sorry Polar

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleGiraffesMeow

Smash Rookie
Alright guys, Star Fox:GP is ALSO a crossover with F-Zero. Two for one, boom.
(also hi everyone! long time lurker first time poster!)

D

Deleted member

Yes. More on my earlier post, I'm pretty sure Polar's source called Erdrick "Edward" until we corrected him.
Oh my gosh I didn't know we were gonna get a 4th party rep! Surprised that Twilight of all things is gonna be the first 4th party rep, Coulda sworn it was going to be Goku or Mickey Mouse :4pacman:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
PolarPanda's source doesn't know any specific details about Smash, right?

But does he know any specific details about "Three Houses" in the direct?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

It's not Dragon Quest. I can confirm that Polar's source doesn't know the Dragon Quest games well enough to reference that. Funny story: we actually had to explain to him who Erdrick was when he first started becoming relevant in the Smash rumor mill because Dragon Quest was that foreign to him.
Yes. More on my earlier post, I'm pretty sure Polar's source called Erdrick "Edward" until we corrected him.
Thats actually pretty hilarious.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
At this point I just want brave revealed so we can quit torturing ourselves speculating....

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm just getting put off by a few things like what I'm gauging to be bias at the expense of possibilities. I'd rather just leave the possibilities open.
Well, really it's especially that I want to go into the direct with some good vibes, and it's hard for me to keep it up if I see things I'd want to debate. Even just debating in general doesnt exactly put me in a good mood.

Hope you enjoy the direct oval :)
Huh, looking at things that might hint at us getting Geno...in the Geno Smash Thread.

Who'd have thunk?! :4pacman:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Along with that, though, many NoA workers are promoting the Direct, yet we haven't seen the same of anyone working at NoJ.

I honestly think it's kind of a moot point to argue either way. It's getting hyped for some reason, but we don't know what.
I just realized something, this is what YOU wanted! A Direct on a Wednesday! This will also be my second Direct I'll be watching live, since the past Directs had bad times for me. Oh yeah, and I am getting a Subway sandwich with this Direct; I always get hot sauce on my sandwich, so I'm gonna ask the sandwich artist (Subway worker) to literally poor the hot sauce and spell out "GENO" on my sandwich for hope. xD

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Anything on Smash Bros?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Anyone else think it's a bit... Coincidental that it's on the 13th...

13 being a significant and important number in kingdom hearts, the co-creators of kh retweeting the direct. I have a very, very, very bad feeling about tomorrow...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like if no one has figured out by now then it might not happen. Then again no one expected a VGA reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom