• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, most of the rumors wound up being true. No Smash, Mario Maker 2, Box Boy, a new Platinum game, and 2D Zelda got checked off. No Star Fox though so there's a lot of explaining to do from Vergeben.
Star Link or whatever it's called is pretty much Star Fox on Switch.

That's probably what his sources were talking about.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Smash Related: DISSAPOINTING
RPG Related: ASUIDFHASDJNRFHJ23U23U423789BNDFKLSD BRUH

I loved it, I mean, It was disgusting for my "Smash" Expectations but AAAAAAAAAA I player the hell out of Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii and now they're making 5?? AND THE REMAKE IS COMING SOON? ADFHASUHFDHASUIED3

I loved it.

FE looks neat, vibes from Pokemon Go clans tho, and pretty interesting Cinematics (on gameplay)

The new game was a meh for me.

So... and the big blue crab was for... ?

EDIT: Bayo 3 and Link "plastic" awakening remake, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE IT
This direct really was an RPG fans wish come true.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
YES!!! They delayed the inevitable! Geno and Banjo still have a chance!
Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain
OH OKAY FINAL FANTASY IX IS JUST RELEASING TODAY
Link's Awakening...maybe. Damn that style didn't jive with me

Those were some of the highlights for me.

Nothing really bombshell-tier, but okayish overall I suppose.
I'm not really liking that style as well but hopefully, it will grow on me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I think it might be awhile before we get DLC 2.
E3 like I predicted.

I'm gonna be honest... Erdrick kinda looks unlikely now.... cautiously hyped?

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice can you explain what game was for which hint?
You know I really really doubt it's Erdrick now.
I still think he has a chance.

So I got to all the Dragon Quest news. If this wasn't the time to announce him after making Dragon Quest sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know when the perfect time to announce him would be.
E3 which, God forbid I hope not.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No offense Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but.... please just stop.

This is the first time in a long time doubt has been casted on DQ. Please acknowledge how this is a good thing. How Verge was wrong. How ALL the big leakers were wrong. Let's talk about THAT.

MattX20

Smash Hero
God, watching the Direct was nerve wracking, and when the DQ content was highlighted I was prepping for a DQ reveal, but it didn't happen. My faith in Geno hasn't been totally dashed, thank God.

D

Deleted member

No, he specified Starfox Grand Prix, so he loses some credibility there as well as where he said that the LoZ game coming to Switch had nothing to do with Link's Awakening.

He took a big credibility blow after this direct

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, E3 would be an awful time to announce him. It's a big deal, and if people get hyped for Smash to find that the DLC is Erdrick, it wouldn't be received well. E3 would be a time for a HUGE show-stopper.

That is... unless they revealed a character that catered to the east along with one that catered to the west...

Gu-huh? Bree?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The most interesting things in this to me were FFVII coming soon and FFIX today, the mech game demo, and Zelda as that artstyle is charming as **** and I have never played Awakening. Starlink just makes me wish for a legit Star Fox game. Also the next direct or E3 need to show us some hype stuff because a lot of people have been criticizing Nintendo for keeping certain tiles so close to the chest when they're not meeting sales expectations. They really should have shown something for AC at the very least if it's so close to releasing as has been rumored.

Like I keep saying, probably a separate Direct or even a Smash Direct. You all heard how they laid it on extra thick for Dragon Quest. If it's in Smash, they're going to give it a red carpet entrance, mark my words.
Honestly I'm not sure what else from the DQ games they could really show for a dedicated direct. I was really expecting them to reveal Erdrick as it seemed like this was their big "Look at DQ doesn't that make you want to spend your American $$$???". I could still see a Smash Direct revealing him possibly around when Joker is released. But judging from all the "This is boring" and "Who cares" comments on the YT stream... Hoo boy is Erdrick going to be a tough sell for a lot of people regardless of when they hypothetically announce him.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well that was something. PolarPanda PolarPanda Fatmanonice Fatmanonice So if I understand correctly, the crab tease was for Link’s Awakening?

Was that also the showstopper the guys at NoA were hyping over? Because if so... those people are more bored than we are.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yes. More on my earlier post, I'm pretty sure Polar's source called Erdrick "Edward" until we corrected him.
And they kept calling him "Edward"? And we hear rumors about them being a "swordsman"? Maybe they mistook them as a swordsman... Perhaps the true culprit under that name is none other than Edward Scissorhands...

*Bear noises intensifies*
"GUH-HUH!"

ZelDan

Smash Master

I was actually considering that maybe vergeben maybe saw some of the footage we saw but some of the Stalink Association was missing for him.

or maybe that's not how this stuff works I dunno.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Well that was something. PolarPanda PolarPanda Fatmanonice Fatmanonice So if I understand correctly, the crab tease was for Link’s Awakening?

Was that also the showstopper the guys at NoA were hyping over? Because if so... those people are more bored than we are.
Yes the crab tease was for Link's Awakening. Think about it, waking up on a beach.
I've already got people telling me it's a "reach" but it was a vague a hint as I could give. I didn't want to use a giant egg or something because that would be way too obvious lol. I feel like this was near impossible to guess, so you got blown away.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well guys, I am going to get a couple of more hours of sleep before I go to work, so I'll see you all tomorrow. :)

Same, I thought there would be something Pikmin, F-Zero, or Mother related but nope
Pikmin I was expecting because of the leak from King Zell. F-Zero or Mother 3 I was expecting not to see at all today to be honest.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yes the crab tease was for Link's Awakening. Think about it, waking up on a beach.
I've already got people telling me it's a "reach" but it was a vague a hint as I could give. I didn't want to use a giant egg or something because that would be way too obvious lol. I feel like this was near impossible to guess, so you got blown away.
I am so glad it was that vague and that I got to be totally surprised. The noises I made seeing it announced were kind of just... inhuman, haha.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Same, I thought there would be something Pikmin, F-Zero, or Mother related but nope
Seriously, so many leakers kept talking about all these games, Animal Crossing, and then we get there to the Direct and it's 3 Nintendo titles and the rest is pretty much ''WE LOVE OUR THIRD PARTY FRIENDS! MARVEL, SQUARE ENIX, ESPECIALLY YOU SQUARE ENIX, AND ONE FOR YOU BEHAVIOUR ENTERTAINMENT, AND ONE FOR YOU PLATINUM, OH BAYO 3 STILL EXISTS. KTHNXBYE."

D

Deleted member

Well guys, I am going to get a couple of more hours of sleep before I go to work, so I'll see you all tomorrow. :)

Pikmin I was expecting because of the leak from King Zell. F-Zero or Mother 3 I was expecting not to see at all today to be honest.
Either way though this direct was garbage lol.

See you tomorrow btw :)

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I played Link's Awakening on my 3DS, so I admit I didn't catch the hint either. I need to finish it one of these days.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, Verge saying that his source says Geno isn't in and Link's Awakening isn't being remade...

It makes you wonder.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, so many leakers kept talking about all these games, Animal Crossing, and then we get there to the Direct and it's 3 Nintendo titles and the rest is pretty much ''WE LOVE OUR THIRD PARTY FRIENDS! MARVEL, SQUARE ENIX, ESPECIALLY YOU SQUARE ENIX, AND ONE FOR YOU BEHAVIOUR ENTERTAINMENT, AND ONE FOR YOU PLATINUM, OH BAYO 3 STILL EXISTS. KTHNXBYE."
I know. At least the good thing that comes out of this is that insiders will likely not have accurate info on this kind of stuff

The moment Mr. Koizumi said something about a special/original RPG coming up, I thought there was going to be a remastered trilogy of Mother.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND I WAS SO HYPED AND CRIED WHEN IT WAS DQ.

It was sad and I thought it would be that

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wouldn't lose too much faith in erdrick yet. DQ got super overhyped in all this, and I feel like there was a reason for it, and not just because dragonmine buildercraft 2 got announced.

Since we got NO smash news, I feel like there will be a smash direct on the eve of Jokers release, and thats where we will get our next character, be it Erdrick or whatever but I'd prefer it if you all didn't psyche yourselves out because of this.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So, Verge saying that his source says Geno isn't in and Link's Awakening isn't being remade...

It makes you wonder.
I'm eagerly anticipating the frantic backpedaling that's going to happen for the stuff that didn't happen in this direct alone.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Personally, when it comes to the amount of debunking on insiders' part (outside of Polar's) and the treatment DQ was getting, I'm a solid 50/50 on Erdrick now. I'm not as sure as I was before after all of that happened. Even if we do get Erdrick, too, it makes me think that we really have no idea what we're in for. Geno could be planned and we don't even know it. He could have never been thought of. Who knows? No one.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I wasn't aware that a 2D Zelda game was rumored so when they said they had one final announcement I was like "okay here we go it's brave time!" and then I saw Link and that island and was like "okay this is 100% erdrick" but... nope guess not lol! Super excited about Mario Maker 2 and that Marvel game though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, I wouldn't lose too much faith in erdrick yet. DQ got super overhyped in all this, and I feel like there was a reason for it, and not just because dragonmine buildercraft 2 got announced.

Since we got NO smash news, I feel like there will be a smash direct on the eve of Jokers release, and thats where we will get our next character, be it Erdrick whatever.
''We hyped up Dragon Quest boys! Let's make our move!"

-makes move 1 to 2 months later when the memory isn't as fresh-

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I know. At least the good thing that comes out of this is that insiders will likely not have accurate info on this kind of stuff

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED AND I WAS SO HYPED AND CRIED WHEN IT WAS DQ.

It was sad and I thought it would be that
I thought Erdrick was going to be announced at the end after DQ11 showed up, but I was so happy to find out Legend of Zelda was the ending. My guess is we won't see Brave revealed until a possible April Direct or E3. This is honesty good because Super Mario RPG 2 or a new Banjo-Kazooie game would definitely be revealed at some place like E3, so that would be the perfect time to reveal Banjo or Geno there.

ZelDan

Smash Master
oh yeah, one thing I also wasn't expecting is to see Delta Rune, or atleast not this soon or in it's current demo state.

Gee, Toby Fox sure seems to like the Switch...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Since we got NO smash news, I feel like there will be a smash direct on the eve of Jokers release, and thats where we will get our next character, be it Erdrick whatever.
I'm trying to think of a good metaphor for this. But this would be like trying to hype up pizza to taco lovers. Them still not caring about pizza. And you give them pizza anyway expecting them to enjoy it.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, one thing I also wasn't expecting is to see Delta Rune, or atleast not this soon or in it's current demo state.

Gee, Toby Fox sure seems to like the Switch...
that deltarune thing was extra cringey, so not sure what the aim was there.

D

Deleted member

I thought Erdrick was going to be announced at the end after DQ11 showed up, but I was so happy to find out Legend of Zelda was the ending. My guess is we won't see Brave revealed until a possible April Direct or E3. This is honesty good because Super Mario RPG 2 or a new Banjo-Kazooie game would definitely be revealed at some place like E3, so that would be the perfect time to reveal Banjo or Geno there.
I almost cried at that DQ XI segment and I thought either Erdrick or Luminary would be revealed there because of how much narrative and hype they were giving it.

I am so relieved it did not happen, and I agree with you on Banjo and Geno, either one or, call me crazy, but maybe even both to be an E3 reveal(s)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like sharing this here, since it is something I think we can all appreciate.
They were in the original. You know who was also in Link's Awakening?
that deltarune thing was extra cringey, so not sure what the aim was there.
I loved it, but that is perhaps because I am very familiar with Toby's style of trailer by now.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
I almost cried at that DQ XI segment and I thought either Erdrick or Luminary would be revealed there because of how much narrative and hype they were giving it.

I am so relieved it did not happen, and I agree with you on Banjo and Geno, either one or, call me crazy, but maybe even both to be an E3 reveal(s)
Yeah I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when it didn't happen, but im not going to act like the nightmare is over. It isn't, and its best to be realistic. Last time we got hyped we got kicked in the gut with steel toes, I'd rather not have that happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom