• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
honestly the biggest letdown of the direct was that we didnt get anything about a release date of animal crossing (and i guess only getting an ass shot of joker)

also cringe culture is for dweeeeebs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when it didn't happen, but im not going to act like the nightmare is over. It isn't, and its best to be realistic. Last time we got hyped we got kicked in the gut with steel toes, I'd rather not have that happen again.
I do agree that Erdrick isn't completely out of the running.

Regardless though, I am more doubtful of Erdrick than before this direct

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You were right! To be honest, the most I really wanted out of this Direct was for them to tell us what Final Fantasy VII's release date was, and we got it! It's March 26. :)

I am also really looking forward to Joker! Smash Ultimate Version 3.0.0 predictions: Home-Run Contest, Stage Builder, and/or Break the Targets!

c66.jpg

I got you

Ovaltine

Smash Master
that deltarune thing was extra cringey, so not sure what the aim was there.
I can tell you what the aim was:

Also holy **** I forgot Wart was in Link's Awakening. I AM SO READY TO SEE HIM IN CLAYMATION HD GLORY.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
No offense Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but.... please just stop.

This is the first time in a long time doubt has been casted on DQ. Please acknowledge how this is a good thing. How Verge was wrong. How ALL the big leakers were wrong. Let's talk about THAT.
No, Fatmanonice has a good point that relates to our discussion. If it's going to be Erdrick, it makes sense to hold off on him. They put Dragon Quest 11 S as one of the big moments of the Direct (It wasn't just another announcement, it was one of the marquee big ones), so they're clearly pushing a little harder for it. Plus it seems like Joker is still in a relatively underdeveloped form, so we're very likely ages from DLC 2. This wasn't the time to reveal him (or anyone else for that matter given Joker's status). Smash fans got relatively nothing to work with today other than what we'd long since expected. April-ish for Joker. No one is any better or worse shape.

Either way though this direct was garbage lol.

See you tomorrow btw :)
Nah, the Direct was pretty damn solid. Not for Smash fans, or people who don't like Japanese games, but there were a lot of big announcements here and some very wanted ones. And to be fair, Smash fans have had Nintendo hype almost exclusively to themselves for the past like 5 months, so it's time for something else to get some spotlight. I'm sure the lack of Metroid Prime Trilogy surprised a lot of people (myself included), but Astral Chain, Dragon Quest 11 S coming West with amazing features, Super Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening remake, a pretty solid Fire Emblem Three Houses showing that seems to be trying some genuinely different things, and a hefty focus on other big titles coming fairly soon made this a pretty great beginning of the year Direct.

It was very Japanese based and didn't have the best Western showings I'll admit, and a couple of the bigger things people had been expecting weren't there. But overall, it was pretty great and better than the September Direct by a big margin in my mind. With the focus on all other new stuff, it does help set back up the idea that there is a lot still on the way. They didn't touch Town, Pokemon Gen 8, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Shin Megami Tensei V, and barely touched upon Bayonneta 3. When you put those two lists together, they've actually got a really nice selection of big name games coming soon.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
I can tell you what the aim was:

Also holy **** I forgot Wart was in Link's Awakening. I AM SO READY TO SEE HIM IN CLAYMATION HD GLORY.
Yeah I loved the art for links awakening hd remix. Can't wait to hop around tal tal heights for an hour just for the music.

D

Deleted member

No, Fatmanonice has a good point that relates to our discussion. If it's going to be Erdrick, it makes sense to hold off on him. They put Dragon Quest 11 S as one of the big moments of the Direct (It wasn't just another announcement, it was one of the marquee big ones), so they're clearly pushing a little harder for it. Plus it seems like Joker is still in a relatively underdeveloped form, so we're very likely ages from DLC 2. This wasn't the time to reveal him (or anyone else for that matter given Joker's status). Smash fans got relatively nothing to work with today other than what we'd long since expected. April-ish for Joker. No one is any better or worse shape.

Nah, the Direct was pretty damn solid. Not for Smash fans, or people who don't like Japanese games, but there were a lot of big announcements here and some very wanted ones. And to be fair, Smash fans have had Nintendo hype almost exclusively to themselves for the past like 5 months, so it's time for something else to get some spotlight. I'm sure the lack of Metroid Prime Trilogy surprised a lot of people (myself included), but Astral Chain, Dragon Quest 11 S coming West with amazing features, Super Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening remake, a pretty solid Fire Emblem Three Houses showing that seems to be trying some genuinely different things, and a hefty focus on other big titles coming fairly soon made this a pretty great beginning of the year Direct.

It was very Japanese based and didn't have the best Western showings I'll admit, and a couple of the bigger things people had been expecting weren't there. But overall, it was pretty great and better than the September Direct by a big margin in my mind. With the focus on all other new stuff, it does help set back up the idea that there is a lot still on the way. They didn't touch Town, Pokemon Gen 8, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Shin Megami Tensei V, and barely touched upon Bayonneta 3. When you put those two lists together, they've actually got a really nice selection of big name games coming soon.
Nah, the direct was trash m8

T2by4

Smash Lord
No offense Fatmanonice Fatmanonice but.... please just stop.

This is the first time in a long time doubt has been casted on DQ. Please acknowledge how this is a good thing. How Verge was wrong. How ALL the big leakers were wrong. Let's talk about THAT.
Isn't Verge only aware of who the next newcomers are, not necessarily when they'll be released? Or am I mistaken?

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Btw, if you doubted I knew about Zelda, here u go. The crab was supposed to represent how Link wakes up on the beach if you didn't catch that.
For a history lesson on why i chose that specific crab:

Here is Puerto Ceiba, Tabasco in Mexico. On the beach you can find crabs, and you can find a giant crap statue. In Links awakining Sand Crab are on the beach

https://www.turimexico.com/estados-...exico/playas-en-tabasco/puerto-ceiba-tabasco/

BTW this hint was given to me by my source, Santiago. It wasn't decided by me lol, his info.

links awakening.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As people have said, Vergeben got BTFO to the point that there's no salvaging it. He's done. People are already theory crafting a Smash Direct in early April so here's to another month and a half wait until character #2.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So, Verge saying that his source says Geno isn't in and Link's Awakening isn't being remade...

It makes you wonder.
That's three red flags:

-MC content being in the base game: wrong.
-The Square character being the first DLC character: wrong.
-Link's Awakening not being remade: WRONG.

This is actually good news, and now it seems like his sources could be wrong about Geno not being in.
Personally, when it comes to the amount of debunking on insiders' part (outside of Polar's) and the treatment DQ was getting, I'm a solid 50/50 on Erdrick now. I'm not as sure as I was before after all of that happened. Even if we do get Erdrick, too, it makes me think that we really have no idea what we're in for. Geno could be planned and we don't even know it. He could have never been thought of. Who knows? No one.
There could even be something even better than just Geno... Banjo and Geno are being planned for DLC, which means I'm so getting the fighters pass. Could you imagine it? Joker releases in April, Geno (if he's in) gets teased in April as the 2nd DLC character, and Banjo comes with a new game at E3 along with being revealed as the 3rd DLC character at E3? This would be amazing.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
If we assume that Vergeben didn't just make up the leak, then that means his source purposefully told him it wasn't link's awakening. That feels too coincidental for it to just be some troll guy giving him false information. I think Verge has been getting leakbaited.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
As people have said, Vergeben got BTFO to the point that there's no salvaging it. He's done. People are already theory crafting a Smash Direct in early April so here's to another month and a half wait until character #2.
I'm still hesitant on considering Verge out. I'll wait until the next newcomer. If it isn't erdrick or any character he hinted at all, then I drop him. I have a feeling that he knows the character but not the date. Let's not give him hate quite yet... Lower those pitchforks for now.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Early April... meaning around my birthday.

Pray for my birthday to be our lucky time, guys. A full Smash direct might have more surprises than just Joker and Erdrick. After all, during one Smash direct, didn't we get three reveals for Sm4sh (Lucas/Roy/Ryu) after a long drought outside of Mewtwo? It's absolutely not out of the question, and it would explain why Joker is going slower than expected if they have teams working on multiple characters. A surprise would be great to soften the Erdrick blow, too, something outside of Fighter's Pass that might make people go, "HOLY ****?"

Looma

Smash Journeyman
The direct was everything I could've asked it to be. I have a new Link's Awakening, a new Mario Maker, AND Burger Ben is donezo? Mmmmm...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Like I keep saying, probably a separate Direct or even a Smash Direct. You all heard how they laid it on extra thick for Dragon Quest. If it's in Smash, they're going to give it a red carpet entrance, mark my words.
Sounds to me like they are just setting the stage for his grand entrance with all the game announcements first. Get the franchise nice and cozy and then WHAM! New character!

D

Deleted member

For you tho, but since you like Mother and SMRPG there must be one RPG that was shown in the direct that got your attention, right?
Why do you see it as trash?
Yes, those, a Ninten reveal, and a Geno reveal are the only things that would make me go ape ****.

It was also do to how hyped up it was by everyone and I personally just didn't see anything people would fall of their seat for

Scary I know but I personally think that is what Nintendo thinks is E3 Worthy
Delete the **** out if it tho

I like the sound of this

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm gonna assume that Animal Crossing will be announced at E3 with a Fall/Winter 2019 release date. I was really looking forward to some new stuff on that but I guess not. For some reason today I got myself super hyped that Mother 3 had a chance of being announced, but that didn't come to fruition either. Guess, uh... guess I'll continue waiting on that one.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
People are resisting so hard against Erdrick possibly being a red herring. Now more than ever; I encourage people to engage in discussions. We're not gonna shut up about Geno till we ****ing die.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still hesitant on considering Verge out. I'll wait until the next newcomer. If it isn't erdrick or any character he hinted at all, then I drop him. I have a feeling that he knows the character but not the date. Let's not give him hate quite yet... Lower those pitchforks for now.
The thing is that he wasn't the only person calling on Erdrick though and he wasn't the first. In that sense, it's not "his" so if it winds up being right it would ultimately be credited to Hitagi's source because that was the first to put a name to it instead of just "a Square Enix character."

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The thing is that he wasn't the only person calling on Erdrick though and he wasn't the first. In that sense, it's not "his" so if it winds up being right it would ultimately be credited to Hitagi's source because that was the first to put a name to it instead of just "a Square Enix character."
If anything, though, if his source is saying Erdrick and his sources are getting wrong information, it's making me wonder if Erdrick was, indeed, leak bait all along. There's a low chance of that, but if Verge is being baited, who's to say that everyone else isn't?

D

Deleted member

Verge is ****ed.

He got two things incorrect, and each of them he was 100% sure of.

I will laugh my *** off if he tries to backpedal, and to see what people say to him now

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
How are we coming out of this direct MORE confident in Erdrick? Guy's; let's take little victories where we can rather than trying to shoehorn Erdrick back into the narrative.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm kinda glad Verge's reign of terror is over. Nobody really agrees with me here, but I truly believe he was just a random dude that got lucky with a bunch of guesses.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol Hitagi has no track record to stand on though either.

Have we really been putting so much faith in Erdrick because of ''GATCHA GAME GIRL IS FOR SMASH!" guy?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, I think hatred for Verge is rather unfounded. After all, he isn't the problem beyond a pretty bad attitude (and the way he loves to use 'autism' as an insult, like gee thanks my literally autistic ass loves that). His sources are the ones relaying bad information. He's only relaying what he's heard and placing bets.

Now, the people who think Verge is always 100% right and has done no wrong, however... hooo.

D

Deleted member

Honestly the best part of the direct for me.
Same here. No offense to the guy I'm sure he's a cool dude IRL but I just don't like the guy and him saying it's Erdrick really dunked on my hype so again I'm sure he's a fine guy, but I'm glad his reign of terror is over.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
For you tho, but since you like Mother and SMRPG there must be one RPG that was shown in the direct that got your attention, right?
i love mother and the mario rpg games (just look at my favorite games in my signature) and i cant really say that anything shown caught my eye other than mario maker 2 and links awakening lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom