• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
This upcoming update could be a game changer in a lot of ways. Of course there's the balancing but there's the strong implication of things big enough to warrant a jump to 2.0. It gives me hope that Smash Ultimate will have a long DLC cycle that's at least equal to Splatoon 2 and have updates that make even the most burnt out fans want to go back.
Any stirrings in the insider community about what this update could contain? Or we still driving into this rollercoaster blind?
Honestly, the idea of more modes and new additions is hyping me more than character speculation at the moment. There's so much potential in that, and we know Nintendo listens to our feedback as much as possible. What are we going to even GET?!

I'm gonna jump out of my seat.
Imagine, more story and expansions too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good afternoon everybody! just gonna say this cause while I was reading the previous pages I was interested in this topic and that I'm a dude probably not a big surprise. with that out of the way I totally expect one or two previous modes to return and I bet on them being like Homerun contest and Stage builder or something but I really want an updated Smash run.

Smash Run was awesome and in my opinion one of the only things that made Smash 3DS worth playing. It was way better than Smash tour by a long mile. Anyways I'm super interested in seeing what's in 2.0.0 since as somebody already pointed out it's a huge jump in terms of an update. Also one final thing Welcome back Fatmanonice! was wondering what happened, glad you're back dude. your speculation is always an interesting read.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Might want to tone back these expectations a bit ya'll. At most expect the plant to be released and some balance changes. Not full new game modes and WoL expansions.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Might want to tone back these expectations a bit ya'll. At most expect the plant to be released and some balance changes. Not full new game modes and WoL expansions.
Man, even so, I'm super interested in seeing what's on the horizon with all of this. This is huge that we're already getting such a big version jump so early on. Sure, it could mostly be because of the plant, but it makes me excited instead of dreading what's in store. I missed actually being excited for Smash again instead of exasperated about it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Man, even so, I'm super interested in seeing what's on the horizon with all of this. This is huge that we're already getting such a big version jump so early on. Sure, it could mostly be because of the plant, but it makes me excited instead of dreading what's in store. I missed actually being excited for Smash again instead of exasperated about it.
The problem is that it's a 2.0, not a 1.5 etc
I'd expect HomeRun Contest.
Smash isn't exactly known for consistent version numbers. Smash 4 never went past 1.x.x. with all the updates it had. Some being super major. So lets just wait and see before getting excited.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Put this into perspective though. They never skipped any numbers with Smash 4 updates, even when DLC characters got added.

It's not unrealistic to expect more here, considering that games of Nintendo's that have made such a skip have added hearty doses of content and even expansions.
Smash isn't exactly known for consistent version numbers. Smash 4 never went past 1.x.x. with all the updates it had. Some being super major. So lets just wait and see before getting excited.
The thing is that, they've been following that same pattern with Smash Ultimate up until this point. Which spotlights consistency with the updates that only constitute adding characters, tweaks, and/or bug fixes.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What is interesting is that. A 2.0.0 update seems like something they would show the details of in a direct. But it really does seem like they are gonna drop the update and have us look for ourselves whats in it.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Who is a character you all hate fighting against?
Corrin. Despite me always slaying over 50+ Corrin mains, I still get annoyed by them. Why? Because they remind me every time that he got in as DLC for promoting a series, NOT even a requested pick like other DLC were.
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing lmfao—
I'd be offended if you think it's bad, but it's a good thing. I don't meet too many nice strangers these days anymore. lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'd be offended if you think it's bad, but it's a good thing. I don't meet too many nice strangers these days anymore. lol
Well, then if it means I'm like the nice, strange lady that like, holds open a door for a friendly duck going to the store, then you got it down-pat, my friend! :drohyou:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least one new mode is realistic given a ton missed the base game. I will be genuinely surprised if stage maker and homerun contest don't come back at the very least. I'm also thinking that break the targets will finally come back too as well as Boss Rush, possibly with new bosses.

Things I don't expect as free updates: new items, pokeballs, new stages, new ALTs.

Things I think will happen but not with this update: old stages, new assist trophies, new echoes, at least one mode that's completely new.

D

Deleted member

This new update could have something to do with the extra arrow on the stage select screen, like making your own stages with stage builder, which could be what this new update will add.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I really hope Home Run Contest and the classic Break the Targets return in the update or a future update. Ultimate is lacking in variety with the single player experience without them.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Wew lad I’ve missed out on some quality conversation these past few pages. For anyone wondering I am a guy (male) and am in fact Geno perpetually drinking a Monster energy drink.
Not just a Geno drinking a Monster Energy drink, but an AWESOME Geno drinking a Monster Energy drink!

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, just a quick question.
How would you feel if Geno would 100% be a DLC character BUT a Stalfos gets in before him?

D

Deleted member

Ok nvm I saw the stalfos and as long as Geno gets in I would be okay with it

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys, just a quick question.
How would you feel if Geno would 100% be a DLC character BUT a Stalfos gets in before him?
I would be happy that Geno got in, but very mad about Stalfos getting in possibly over Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Elma, or Porky.

Last edited:

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I would take nearly anyone for Geno to get in. So yes, give me OoT Stalfos or any other variant.

The question is more-so who WOULDN'T I want in if it meant Geno would get in

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I always saw the OoT Stalfos design as the best one, but that's just me.
It's definitely the coolest as far as its place in Zelda, but it would make for a more boring smash character.

I'd also take Ramna in this damn game if it meant Geno would get in. OK, I might be kidding about that, but you get my point

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's definitely the coolest as far as its place in Zelda, but it would make for a more boring smash character.

I'd also take Ramna in this damn game if it meant Geno would get in. OK, I might be kidding about that, but you get my point
I'd take anyone if it meant Geno got in

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Ranma would actually be the one 4th party character I would choose to be in Smash, honestly.
If anime characters had to be in Smash, a decent amount of the characters I'd like to see are by Rumiko Takahashi. So I feel you there.

But I don't want anime or other 4th party mediums to mix with Smash, so that's a line I'd not cross normally.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If anime characters had to be in Smash, a decent amount of the characters I'd like to see are by Rumiko Takahashi. So I feel you there.

But I don't want anime or other 4th party mediums to mix with Smash, so that's a line I'd not cross normally.
Well there is a Smash clone that was only released in Japan called Battle Stadium Dawn and it has Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, and One Piece characters in the roster.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't want to cross that line either. Having Ranma in would be great but that would also mean Shrek would have a legitimate chance of being in, which is a world I don't want.

I can always dream of that pig-tailed martial artist duking it out with the face of Nintendo and a whip wielding vampire hunter.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want to cross that line either. Having Ranma in would be great but that would also mean Shrek would have a legitimate chance of being in, which is a world I don't want.

I can always dream of that pig-tailed martial artist duking it out with the face of Nintendo and a whip wielding vampire hunter.
Hey, maybe with mods you could. Mods will definitely give us Geno if we don't get him officially. (though mods are never as sweet as the real genuine movesets by Sakurai, I'm really curious what moveset he'd give him)

As someone who modded Brawl extensively, those were fun times. I made a Geno mod back in the day.
Either way, your dream of Ramna is pretty cool.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Cause steve would be a total waste of a slot. Make it a mii costume.
Nah man Steve's inclusion would be golden, especially since "slots" aren't really a thing save for Pokémon and maybe Fire Emblem.

If Steve were added, he'd obviously have a unique moveset (he'd be brand-new DLC) and would probably attract all the Minecraft fans (bash the fanbase all y'all want, you're just showing your rudeness, bias and ignorance).

and mii costumes suck in the case of being a character graveyard (otherwise they're actually nice to have as a sort-of "compensation" I guess...if you don't have both the actual character and the costume instead...)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would accept 4th party characters too if it means Geno gets in
4th party characters getting in would greatly decrease the chances of 3rd party and Nintendo characters because that's all most people we would want if that ever becames a thing. And it shouldn't for that reason alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom