• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, here's an interesting question, is there any character out there that you think is an inevitability when it comes to them being an eventual Smash newcomer? Like, you are 100% certain it's a matter of when, not if.
Waluigi. He's one of the few other primary Mario characters to not make it into Smash now, and his status as a meme had to have been heard by Sakurai. It's another Ridley situation with him. If they're gonna add another Mario character, especially now that we're dipping into people like Daisy and Bowser Jr., I think Waluigi will get his time.

On the topic of who would I not want in Smash Bros for Geno? Call me a stubborn ******* who doesn't like change, but if they included non-video game related characters like Goku or some Marvel guy, I feel Smash Bros would become something completely different that I wouldn't like to be a part of. We're still getting over how a generic Mario Bros mook made it in. We're gonna have a parade over any 4th party character getting in. Of course, that's in the far future. I do not expect an anime character in Smash Bros any time in Ultimate's life cycle. One big step at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Waluigi. He's one of the few other primary Mario characters to not make it into Smash now, and his status as a meme had to have been heard by Sakurai. It's another Ridley situation with him. If they're gonna add another Mario character, especially now that we're dipping into people like Daisy and Bowser Jr., I think Waluigi will get his time.
I just wonder what banner they would put him under, that being Mario or Wario. Because he is closely related to Wario, but he has never appeared in a Wario game, so he is kinda in an awkward position.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just wonder what banner they would put him under, that being Mario and Wario. Because he is closely related to Wario, but he has never appeared in a Wario game, so he is kinda in an awkward position.
I believed the Wario banner is meant for WarioWare. It is an awkward position, but Waluigi is usually listed under Mario when it comes to trophies in previous games. He could probably be given Wario victory theme to compensate.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Meanwhile, I get the impression that even Sak is getting tired of the main FE lords using swords, since it makes gameplay variety difficult.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...a-plant-character-changes-online-much-more/3/

I get that he likes FE, but I wonder why he needs to add a Pokémon newcomer each game.
I believe he is getting tired of it. Sakurai even said to himself that FE has too many reps, and with putting this quote in mind, I think he's getting bored of the "generic swordsman" type. He even called Chrom boring because his moveset didn't seem unique like the rest, so he made him as an echo fighter in this game; this is why he didn't put him in Smash 4.

I get why he wants a new Pokémon each game; Pokémon is Nintendo's 2nd biggest video game series yet, and it's also one of the top 5 video game franchises in the world, sitting at #3, right below Mario and Sonic. Decidueye was VERY close to making it as a newcomer, so it was guaranteed that we were going to get a new Pokémon rep, however, he wanted a wrestler-type Pokémon so he chose Incineroar... I doubt that was the story, my guess is Mr. Masuda wanted Incineroar in because it's his favorite Gen 7 rep, and the same happened with Greninja being in Smash 4; Mr. Masuda was also behind that. But it's possible for any series to not get any new reps, and it happened back in Brawl. Mario didn't get any new reps back in Brawl, the Legend of Zelda didn't get any new reps back in Smash 4. Pokémon will always get a new rep each Smash game, no doubt, because each generation comes out like every 3-4 years, and by then we'll probably have a new Smash game in the next 6-10 years.

Geno was supposed to be the new Mario rep for Brawl, but it didn't happen; Geno was also going to be one of the first third-parties in Smash, so he would've been part of the 1st generation of third-parties in Smash... man, it's such a shame he didn't make it in Brawl. Sometimes I always forget that Geno was actually considered for a newcomer by Sakurai... like, he was that close without us even knowing until like 8 years later. Gosh, if Geno was back in Brawl, I probably would've stayed playing with Brawl instead of Smash 4. When I went to my sister's friend's house a few times to play Brawl over there, I would've loved to introduce them to our beloved puppet and his game.
You made me remember this guy actually rose from the dead around K.Rool's reveal in August to post a continuation of Smash Kingdom's Geno and his growing annoyance of being excluded from Smash.
Yeah, he said he planned on doing more again. I'm glad he's back. He even did a sequel to the one where Kirby got pissed off at all the third-parties coming in Smash. I'm also surprised that they got the same guy who voiced Geno to come back, haha.
On the topic of who would I not want in Smash Bros for Geno? Call me a stubborn ******* who doesn't like change, but if they included non-video game related characters like Goku or some Marvel guy, I feel Smash Bros would become something completely different that I wouldn't like to be a part of. We're still getting over how a generic Mario Bros mook made it in. We're gonna have a parade over any 4th party character getting in. Of course, that's in the far future. I do not expect an anime character in Smash Bros any time in Ultimate's life cycle. One big step at a time.
I think we're in the clear. I doubt Sakurai wants to go above third-parties because he even said before that manga characters will never be added, and they are fourth-parties, but maybe Nintendo will if they try to continue the series without Sakurai. I'm never buying a Smash game again if Sakurai isn't working on it, and I'm sure a lot won't either.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I believed the Wario banner is meant for WarioWare. It is an awkward position, but Waluigi is usually listed under Mario when it comes to trophies in previous games. He could probably be given Wario victory theme to compensate.
Yeah, that makes sense. I will say, I actually think Ashley is going to be an eventual Smash rep for the Warioware series if Nintendo continues to push her like they have.

D

Deleted member

Man, when you lack so much info and are desperate for news that, in light of the drought of Smash news, you distract yourselves by guessing each other's genders.

I'll stay out of this guessing because the topic is nothing but asking for a problem for me, but I will inform you all of something.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I understand that this is technically drama, and I really HATE drama unless it's manufactured well on a silver screen, but I believe this NEEDS to be said for all of you here as we are the most likely audience to want to support him: Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT have anything to do with @papagenos Leak Speculation channel unless you have an iron will to resist people who try to discredit your argument by warping it to make you sound like you are an unintelligent child and look to insult you just because they do not agree with your argument and cannot offer true counterpoint or discussion.

As I have posted SO MANY TIMES here in recent days, that chat is mostly infested with close-minded Erdrick believers who are 100% convinced that everything they have found proves his existence as 'Brave' and that he's already in development as we speak. As it's rude to mentioned names, I won't, but there are roughly four to six certain individuals in particular that do nothing but mock any points brought up against him or in favor of another rep, and if you try to back up your claims or refute theirs, they just belittle you.

Now you all know me, I get a little spicy from time to time, but mostly I'm pretty chill when it comes to being actually mean to people and I love to get hype and have a good time. However, something that irks me to no end is when someone tries to debate and can't, then decides to make it personal for no reason. Dealing with this day after day for almost a month, I finally starting getting snippy back with one or two of these individuals, and it ended with me getting banned from the Leak Speculation channel...but not because I was snippy, but because one of them was a mod at the time and didn't like my argument nor the fact that I wouldn't back down just because of how he treated me. This person was de-modded and after a little over a day, I returned.

I was doing my best to ignore them and I was doing fine, up until I offered counterpoints to the list of circumstantial evidence for Erdrick that a much more polite user brought up. After giving some of the reasons I think Erdrick could be leakbait, this same de-modded individual came into the chat and did this same routine: trying to make me sound like a dumb kid be twisting my words or posting a summary of my points in a mocking and demeaning manner. However, they completely got it wrong in it's entirety, so I corrected them and basically told them that if you are going to be like that at least get the opposing stance correct.

This debate went back and forth with this de-modded member and another joining in and basically heckling my stance, and I did my best to stay polite, but shortly after an incorrect statement about PolarPanda PolarPanda things went south: They said that Polar thinks Erdrick is 100%, however I had spoken with him a couple days prior and he said they were neutral about Erdrick at this time, so I informed them on it. They didn't believe me, so I copy/pasted just the discussion of what Polar thought about Erdrick's chances personally. They acted like I did something horrible, but since I shared nothing personal or leak-related, I failed to see the issue (though if that bothers you Sabi, I apologize, but we've been over this). This was when this de-modded member more than crossed the line...

The pasted a screenshot of their private DMs with Sabi into the chat, and they did it not to prove that Sabi had maybe changed his mind, but to imply that Sabi didn't enjoy talking to me on Discord. This person did this just to upset me personally because they were losing a debate because they can do nothing but insult and are unable to open their mind to other possibilities. Of course I fell for this, did get a smidge irritated with them because this was absolutely ridiculous, and at this point I was no longer polite with them. Just to keep in mind this person had previously in this argument said that 'this is sad' and 'Do you have so little self-esteem that online debates are the only way you feel worth anything' prior to dropping this screenshot. Things escalated, staff FINALLY intervened, and HOOO boy it gets even better.

I was almost the only one who got in trouble. YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT! I did nothing to start this but respond to him, and this member has been doing this for over a month now to me and other people, and yet he and his lackey tried to pin the whole thing on me and people started to believe them. I had to dig through the messages just to prove that I was mostly innocent, the whole thing was ridiculous. Needless to say, the 'let's all get along' BS was pushed and it lasted all of a couple days, since I'm back complaining about it.

Fun fact: the next day, Sabi responds to me messages, which were basically me being disappointed because I would rather have someone outright tell me they are tired of talking to me than just faking it and talking behind my E-Back. That screenshot that loser had? Turns out it was not only screenshot WITHOUT Sabi's knowledge or permission, but he also shared it without his knowledge or permission, AND it was only a fraction of the whole conversation: this guy PURPOSELY changed the context of a DM conversation so that he could upset someone because HE COULDN'T DEBATE WITH THEM! Needless to say, I DM'd him and **** all over him and then blocked him, that way I could talk int he leak speculation with a little more peace.

This leads to today. I had been mostly absent from the server because it really never changes much from 'Erdrick is in, just accept it' and at most the discussion goes to who is after Erdrick rather than who else could Brave be, and when you do argue about who else Brave could be, you risk what I've been dealing with for so long (really, it is SO bad that it mostly ends up as a place to joke around and meme when the rules specifically say not to). I had just finished the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals for the 4 LCQs (btw, the Top 8 is tomorrow, as well as announcements for Season 2 DLC as well as a reveal for Project Z, which is a brand-new DBZ RPG. Go check it out tomorrow, it's at 11AM PST) and was just checking the convo in the chat before heading off to bed. Needless to say, it was roughly as stagnant as always, but I noticed that this one individual was treating someone else the same way as he does me, so I called him out on it to try to get a mod to do something about it...and of course, nothing was done.

This soon spiraled into members trying to tell me that I treat people the same way as him, which is untrue as I only treated people like him that way and only after I got sick of them, which took a long while. Things escalated, it got personal, but then it kinda died down and I was able to properly debate people...but I then was banned YET AGAIN from the Leak Speculation channel and at this point it's basically delayed punishment for trying to get a mod to do something about the actual toxic members in their server and then not backing off when this people sling s*** in my face.

Now, I don't want people to think I want to be unbanned and I'm whining about that. as I truly no longer care because that channel is a cesspool and it won't end until Erdrick gets confirmed or denied, and then it will just fire up again for another character later on and be just as bad. People in there do not know how to debate properly, and while I am no expert, I'm pretty sure insults have no place in a true debate.

Also, I don't want people to think I don't want you to join @papagenos Discord Server because I love this dude and support him and there are other areas you can chat in about whatever. This is just a warning that if you go in there and you do not ignore or agree with these troublemakers, you WILL get punished for it, and this needs to be heard and adjustments need to be made. They are looking for new staff, but frankly unless they get rid of a good chunk of the losers just there for speculation and have nothing to do with Papa, it will stay like this.

This has been a Public Service Announcement from your local interwebz rando!
Oh my I’m so sorry to hear that but your not the only one

I had the same problem but with spirits I don’t believe they deconfirm and people are doing the same thing on my social media’s like I funny and YouTube(thunder productions,scissorman) but do you know what I do?

Just ignore them they are not worth your time

If you want to put your points against eddy then put them in here where no one will hound you down.

Also I personally think dq is leakbait too given how you said PolarPanda PolarPanda was neutral with him I think the same way too

And those guys in the chat you were in who say “brave is eddy accept it!” Are wrong and Have autism

like me:4pacman:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
When it comes to this question, I immediately expel any third party out of my mind. Does not matter how perfect it seems or how close the two parties involved are, that is some rickety scaffolding when it comes to saying a character is a lock.
I may be a bit ballsy for saying this, but I still see a future where Isaac will make it in be it dlc or a future smash game. Of all the 1st party picks nintendo can do, They have gotta be aware of the huge demand he has going for him now given that AT Backlash and how many golden sun fans like myself have now came out of hiding and are now supporting the return of the series after being dormant for awhile.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really despise Steve. Even if Geno got in. I feel like Steve's presence would ruin it for me. It's Banjo or nothing.

D

Deleted member

I think we're in the clear. I doubt Sakurai wants to go above third-parties because he even said before that manga characters will never be added, and they are fourth-parties, but maybe Nintendo will if they try to continue the series without Sakurai. I'm never buying a Smash game again if Sakurai isn't working on it, and I'm sure a lot won't either.
Yeah. I'm pretty sold on there not being any 4th parties for Ultimate DLC. Just answering what I would not stand for right now. I think a "terrible" character only evens out a great character. If Geno got in along with a unanimously sketchy character that's hard to appreciate, my interest in Geno would be tilted by a negative. At the end of the day, Smash Bros is about the roster. If there are outliers, even if the majority is good, we're going to think how much we want the bad one replaced. It's like how Bayonetta is pretty sick, but we got Corrin in the same direct. Could have been better.

In this circumstance, I see Smash Bros as a celebration of video games. It might not mean much to an anime or manga fan, but my interest in those categories is far below my interest in video games. It would make speculation less fun because I would really stop giving a damn about who gets in when literally anyone could at that point.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno was supposed to be the new Mario rep for Brawl, but it didn't happen; Geno was also going to be one of the first third-parties in Smash, so he would've been part of the 1st generation of third-parties in Smash... man, it's such a shame he didn't make it in Brawl. Sometimes I always forget that Geno was actually considered for a newcomer by Sakurai... like, he was that close without us even knowing until like 8 years later. Gosh, if Geno was back in Brawl, I probably would've stayed playing with Brawl instead of Smash 4. When I went to my sister's friend's house a few times to play Brawl over there, I would've loved to introduce them to our beloved puppet and his game.
It is pretty frustrating, really. Brawl's reasoning was likely because Square would have wanted him as DLC, and Brawl wasn't going to have that. Smash 4 was because of Cloud getting in because Nintendo and Square wanted Final Fantasy, and for that, Sakurai chose Cloud. They didn't have a lot of time left due to needing to start on Ultimate + the Wii U was ending its life cycle, so Sakurai couldn't also do Geno. Therefore, Geno was a Mii costume.

It makes me wonder about Square's reasoning this time, given Sakurai has gone on record to say that he 'wants to do as much as he can with Ultimate' and that they have a 'surplus of money and time'. Either this time, Square said no or, because NoJ chose the DLC this time, Sakurai never even got the chance to ask for Geno this time. Because of all of the circumstances, this is why I doubt Geno is in the Fighter's Pass. If Sakurai had any chance to ask for Geno and Square said yes to that, it's either going to be as misc. DLC or as DLC for the next Smash. Either way, either NoJ or Square is to blame this time, and it's sad. The stars aligned for Geno in Brawl, but Square said no because of presumably lack of DLC. The stars aligned for Smash 4, but it wasn't going to have much of a DLC future because of Ultimate + the Switch alongside the Wii U's failure. The stars REALLY aligned for Ultimate, but NoJ was tasked with choosing and Square could have also said no for various reasons.

Then again, I can't imagine why they'd say no if they allowed the Mii costume as DLC and the spirit as just plain base game material. Of course, Square is Square, so who knows?

EDIT: Along with that, I wouldn't say Nintendo entirely is at fault either. NoJ is the main branch, but it isn't all of Nintendo. With what Polar's source said about disappointment from lack of Geno in the base game and the Geno DLC rumor, plus NoA shoving Geno into social media mentions and that one HQ quiz, I wouldn't be surprised if NoA themselves are pushing for Geno to make a return. It's not so much all of Nintendo then. It's mainly NoJ. NoA is hearing us loud and clear, I'd wager.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just wonder what banner they would put him under, that being Mario and Wario. Because he is closely related to Wario, but he has never appeared in a Wario game, so he is kinda in an awkward position.
He's a Mario character. Being closely related to Wario doesn't mean anything.

He's barely had a cameo in a Wario game at best. His first appearance is Mario Tennis. If he starts becoming playable in a Wario Ware/World/Land game, then he can start using a Wario banner, and only the proper one in question for his appearances.

Unlike, say, Kamek(who is a Yoshi character first, Mario character second), there is no questioning what series he pretty much inhibits. He's appeared in more Sonic games than Wario games, even(as Mario & Sonic games are both series), which is funny, but true.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
He'd be part of the Mario reps (Mushroom Kingdom emblem). Same goes for Geno, despite him being third-party, he'd still be part of the Mushroom Kingdom clan/Mario reps because his Mii costume also has the Mushroom Kingdom emblem.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
NoA is much more aware of the fact that fans exist and have desires than NoJ. I have a feeling that if NoA was in charge of the roster, many more fan favorites would be in.

D

Deleted member

I believe he is getting tired of it. Sakurai even said to himself that FE has too many reps, and with putting this quote in mind, I think he's getting bored of the "generic swordsman" type. He even called Chrom boring because his moveset didn't seem unique like the rest, so he made him as an echo fighter in this game; this is why he didn't put him in Smash 4.
I mean, when you think about it, the only non-echo FE characters he added since Sm4sh were pretty unique, Robin having some very unique and interesting mechanics and Corrin having a very unique moveset that isn't just "swing my sword around" given that she is part dragon. We often forget that besides Echos, Sakurai DOES care about uniqueness in characters.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I mean, when you think about it, the only non-echo FE characters he added since Sm4sh were pretty unique, Robin having some very unique and interesting mechanics and Corrin having a very unique moveset that isn't just "swing my sword around" given that she is part dragon. We often forget that besides Echos, Sakurai DOES care about uniqueness in characters.
I forgot to include the part about wanting unique FE characters after me putting the "generic swordsman" part. If I do want one, I'd choose Black Knight. I'm a big fan of heavy sword users.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
It is a shame that FE never got a chance to be represented properly - it went from being neglected a bit in Brawl to having a bunch of redundant characters in Smash 4. All of the different classes didn't get a chance to shine properly, and I think it's warped people's perception of FE a bit ("oh just another generic FE swordsman")

Though Robin is pretty unique by comparison

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Didn't he also mention something about wanting more axe characters compared to sword characters at that point in that interview? I am not sure if he was necessarily hinting at an axe character, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did another FE character it would be an axe character.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I still don't understand why Roy is a Marth clone, I think he should be decloned (not removed quite yet, he's still one of the most popular characters from FE). Chrom and Lucina are boring to me and Corrin I'd be fine without since Camilla was much more interesting anyway (I thought so, at least). Lyn is also pretty popular but I think Ephraim as a lance user and Camilla as an axe user would bring much more variety than Lyn.

I'd cut Marth if I could, he's just the face of the franchise despite bringing absolutely nothing new to the table.

And I have a question for y'all: do you think Tracer would be a good or bad addition? Something I just randomly thought of. I'd take Tracer if it meant Geno, since Overwatch is a massively popular game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, it's still pretty sad to me that Geno wasn't in Brawl because of Square and the lack of DLC. I would've loved to show my older brother who he was and where he came from.

Plus seeing Geno in Subspace would've been soooooo cool. I think about that every once in awhile and imagine cutscenes with Geno interacting with the other characters in SE, him being apart of the intro on the cliff, and him being with the rest of the cast in the final part of the game where you fight Tabuu.

It brings a little tear to my eye each time I think about it.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think another tier of DLC characters is likely? I'm doubtful, but I think Geno's chances would increase if that were the case.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think another tier of DLC characters is likely? I'm doubtful, but I think Geno's chances would increase if that were the case.
I think Nintendo would push for it, but it would come down to whether or not Sakurai wants it or thinks it can be done. If fans are loud enough, I think it can definitely happen in all honesty.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If we get more DLC characters, they won't be in tiers. Fighter's Pass is going to have characters with music and stages, and I'm not sure if I can see them doing a second pass. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they released DLC characters outside of the pass as a standalone-type thing, with no stage and maybe a bit of music at maximum.

D

Deleted member

It sounds like a realistic expectation. I doubt we're getting Smash 6 soon after 2020 so might as well keep the DLC train rolling. We still don't know the full extent to what they can do with DLC. Could it mean Geno? Who knows. Maybe if Sakurai chooses.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
If Smash 4 was supported for 2 years on a console Nintendo wanted to forget about, wouldn't it make sense that its inevitably more lucrative successor on a more popular console (no less, releasing earlier in the console's lifespan, which is expected to outlast the Wii U's) receive more content over time?

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
No

Fire emblem and Pokémon are a total waste of slot
i will say that FE is overrepresented because its done in the WRONG way, despite how popular dad marth and girl marth are, they shouldn't have been added as characters, maybe costumes. Nor should corrin, beause that was a shameless plug and corrin sucks. There are like 5 other weapons that FE characters use, and NONE of them are represented at all, and thats what bugs the hell out of me. Roy, Marth and Ike are fine, Drop the knockoff marths for Hector and Ephraim. That way they stick to main characters, but have some variety. for DLC, Tiki. She'd be fun.

Pokemon is overrepped and for almost no reason, its a dying franchise at this point. Still, its earned its stripes in the past, Inceneroar sucks and I'd like to see him out for just about anyone else, but I hate sun and moon and it singlehandedly killed pokemon for me. so thats my heavy bias talking.

But no the only character I will say is a waste of a slot is Steve, because I just can't fathom him being fun, unique, interesting, or doing anything good for the game, also losing banjo for him would make me unbelievably sad. He'd be a funny mii costume, just because of how they could edit the weapons to be unique to him, like mii gunners shots are all really ugly pixel arrows and mii brawler uses various mining equipment instead of fists.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still don't understand why Roy is a Marth clone, I think he should be decloned (not removed quite yet, he's still one of the most popular characters from FE). Chrom and Lucina are boring to me and Corrin I'd be fine without since Camilla was much more interesting anyway (I thought so, at least). Lyn is also pretty popular but I think Ephraim as a lance user and Camilla as an axe user would bring much more variety than Lyn.

I'd cut Marth if I could, he's just the face of the franchise despite bringing absolutely nothing new to the table.

And I have a question for y'all: do you think Tracer would be a good or bad addition? Something I just randomly thought of. I'd take Tracer if it meant Geno, since Overwatch is a massively popular game.
Because every single character who is a clone still derives their moveset from their counterpart to this day. They only get updated and further de-cloned. Roy is a lot more different from Marth than in Melee.

Sakurai doesn't like heavily changing movesets, as it would drive away veteran fans of that character. Ganondorf is still blatantly based upon Captain Falcon, but got further apart among the series.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve would be unique, no way Sakurai just takes Villager's items and slaps 'em onto Steve when a few of them don't even exist in Minecraft, nor would he take a fan's Steve as Link mod and add it into the game.

plus he could use a crafting/building gimmick if Sakurai could make it work, or maybe something to do with simply gathering resources and using them against opponents. He would certainly do lot's of good for Smash 'cause of Minecraft's popularity but can we have a playable Creeper please Mojang won't add a playable Creeper mode/version.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I don't think I shared this dream with anyone, but I had a dream a few months ago where I was working at a convention center and we had a few stacks of Smash amiibos in the back. When we were planning to set up the Smash amiibos up for display, there was a big reveal going to happen later that day at the convention center. When all of us workers were getting ready to set the amiibos out for display, we were allowed and all got to take a glimpse of the amiibos; they were on platform trucks, stacked, and turned upside down to keep them "hidden" from our eyes, and while we were rolling them out there, we turned some of them over to their front side and what we saw were King K. Rool, Waluigi, Skull Kid, and Geno amiibos ready to be setup for display; keep in mind that those are the only ones we saw, there were more newcomer amiibos in the stacks but we didn't turn them all over since we only grabbed the ones from on top of the stacked piles. I was so excited to set them up for everyone to see and lose their minds, but due to how excited I was, I woke up and was sad to find out it was all a dream. I remember having this dream back in October, so I thought this would be like some prophecy for the future or something... why did it have to be false? :/

Man, I don't think I'll ever get one dream where I get to see Geno in an actual Super Smash Brothers game; this is the closest form I got to seeing Geno being "playable" in Smash from one of my dreams.

D

Deleted member

i will say that FE is overrepresented because its done in the WRONG way, despite how popular dad marth and girl marth are, they shouldn't have been added as characters, maybe costumes. Nor should corrin, beause that was a shameless plug and corrin sucks. There are like 5 other weapons that FE characters use, and NONE of them are represented at all, and thats what bugs the hell out of me. Roy, Marth and Ike are fine, Drop the knockoff marths for Hector and Ephraim. That way they stick to main characters, but have some variety. for DLC, Tiki. She'd be fun.

Pokemon is overrepped and for almost no reason, its a dying franchise at this point. Still, its earned its stripes in the past, Inceneroar sucks and I'd like to see him out for just about anyone else, but I hate sun and moon and it singlehandedly killed pokemon for me. so thats my heavy bias talking.

But no the only character I will say is a waste of a slot is Steve, because I just can't fathom him being fun, unique, interesting, or doing anything good for the game, also losing banjo for him would make me unbelievably sad. He'd be a funny mii costume, just because of how they could edit the weapons to be unique to him, like mii gunners shots are all really ugly pixel arrows and mii brawler uses various mining equipment instead of fists.
Waste of slot discussion is weird. We always gain from a new character so it's hard to pinpoint who would feel like an utter waste of time, even if there are better options. Hard to say.

FE just needs to be better represented. Going from Smash Bros to Fire Emblem can make the characters unrecognizable. If you told me Ike had a personality, I would never know.

Pokemon is boring to me. I loved Gen 4 as my introduction to the main series of games, but god am I indifferent to what every game has to offer and I see the boredom between the game mechanics. That being said, Incineroar has way more personality than most Pokemon or FE reps nowadays, so I'm pretty happy with him even if my brother mains him effectively.

Minecraft? I can't imagine Steve not being unique and Minecraft is incredible for what it accomplished back in the day. If Sakurai added Steve, he would go all out. Aesthetically, Minecraft mechanics and enemies can make for a surprisingly compelling experience if handled correctly. It would add to Smash Bros than subtract. A mii costume would definitely be adorable, though.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Steve is a good choice if for nothing else because of his moveset potential. I think the possibilities are limitless with him. I don't think he will get in, but I also think it would be cool if he got in.

D

Deleted member

My college friends have definitely opened me up to Minecraft simply because I actually played Minecraft for a short period of time. If Steve got in, we'd just make a bunch of memes and have a blast. Not my personal dream but Minecraft itself is pretty cool for what it is.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah I think Steve is a likely choice but I'm also afraid he may not get in anyway; even if Minecraft seems like an obvious inclusion due to its popularity, what Sakurai has said about it, and Nintendo's cooperation with it...I only started seeing Steve being likely 'cause of Vergeben (though seeing his leak made me realize Minecraft definitely has a shot due to the reasons I stated when thinking about it, I just have this sense of dread) so I'm just ready to be disappointed unless Banjo-Kazooie can get in...

The other characters in my sig. (or Porky, Goomba, some others) would lighten my mood, though, but even so I don't really care whether other characters get in or not if they're some I don't know or personally want.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is boring to me. I loved Gen 4 as my introduction to the main series of games, but god am I indifferent to what every game has to offer and I see the boredom between the game mechanics. That being said, Incineroar has way more personality than most Pokemon or FE reps nowadays, so I'm pretty happy with him even if my brother mains him effectively.
Yeah, Gen 4 was my introduction to pokemon as well, and I loved Diamond and SoulSilver. Unfortunately no other pokemon games have appealed to me much. Personally, I can't help but feel that smash has failed to capture the potential many pokemon could bring to the table. I feel like I should be eager for pokemon reps, but they seem to almost always leave me disappointed.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Also I personally think dq is leakbait too given how you said PolarPanda PolarPanda was neutral with him I think the same way too

And those guys in the chat you were in who say “brave is eddy accept it!” Are wrong and Have autism

like me:4pacman:
Which is hilarious, because I have autism, and yet I was more tolerable of them and am much more open for debates and having my opinion challenged and possibly even changed.

But no, dudes with autism are closed-minded and live in their mother's basements and smell funny :4pacman:

I just wonder what banner they would put him under, that being Mario or Wario. Because he is closely related to Wario, but he has never appeared in a Wario game, so he is kinda in an awkward position.
Unpopular opinion here, but I'd make him a Wario rep. For no real reason.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Gen 4 was my introduction to pokemon as well, and I loved Diamond and SoulSilver. Unfortunately no other pokemon games have appealed to me much. Personally, I can't help but feel that smash has failed to capture the potential many pokemon could bring to the table. I feel like I should be eager for pokemon reps, but they seem to almost always leave me disappointed.
My opinion is that the best Pokemon game is probably gonna be your first because most other games capture the same magic but in vastly different eras for the younger generation.

Personally, I think Pokemon Trainer is the most genius Pokemon character ever. It actually feels like the spirit of Pokemon is being represented by having a trainer command three Pokemon you can control rather than some specific Pokemon like Greninja or Incineroar. Incineroar even feels like his own character because of the wrestling motif. He literally throws you to a random wrestling ring in his final smash and can be seen with a title belt in his victory animation. After Brawl, I feel Pokemon representaiton is just sort of eh. Not awful. Not even mediocre. Just nothing as exciting as before. Doesn't help I stopped playing after X & Y because god am I tired of it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Please stop talking about how suddenly Steve is an amazing DLC pick. My Banjo loving heart can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom