• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, I can understand why. Honestly, I absolutely love Pittoo as a character (he was amazing in KI:U), but... yeah, I'd definitely trade him out for Phosphora or Medusa any day. That's just me, though, and I swear I don't want to trash anyone who likes Pittoo because of this, especially given I'm a fellow Pittoo fan.
Eh, I'm overall indifferent to Dark Pit. he was okay in KI: U. Wasn't crazy about his addition in Smash 4, but recognized he was an easy quick addition so whatever.

If we had to get any Kid Icarus character I'd want Medusa. It would be nice to have a female villain in Smash.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I still don't understand why Dark Pit is even here. If it was up to me I would put in Magnus and remove him.
Because putting him in took less development time than a unique character. Also, he was in Smash 4, and this is the game where Everyone is Here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because putting him took less development time than a unique character. Also, he was in Smash 4, and this is the game where Everyone is Here!
I know that and I can understand why, but I'd get rid of him for Magnus if it were up to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, but most would still prefer a proven character as an Echo. Even Medusa would have made sense, since she has seniority.

Pittoo barely even got Luigified to the point that Pit retrieved the lightning chariot away from him, when he could have used that as his FS.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
To end the debate:

Instead of Dark Pit, they should have just added in Darker Pit and Darkerer Pit to make things balanced.

Three Pits, three Links.

It makes sense now.

D

Deleted member

To end the debate:

Instead of Dark Pit, they should have just added in Darker Pit and Darkerer Pit to make things balanced.

Three Pits, three Links.

It makes sense now.
Well **** now I found 2 other characters I want

D

Deleted member

To end the debate:

Three Pits, three Links.

It makes sense now.
No Classic Pit? Or Classic Dark Pit?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah dark pit was unnecessary. If at least there were more differences. Would've worked really well as a skin. No big deal tho, i think.

@Maxie Ranma :)

Rikarte

Smash Ace
To end the debate:

Three Pits, three Links.

It makes sense now.
In that case they should also add Dark Dr. Mario too so we can have 3 Marios too!

Yeah dark pit was unnecessary. If at least there were more differences. Would've worked really well as a skin. No big deal tho, i think.
I think the reason Pitoo is a character and not just a skin is because Sakurai wanted him to have his own Final Smash as he never canonically used the three sacred treasures. But then again, the Koopalings never used the paintbrush from Sunshine so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
In case anyone didn't see this, I thought I'd share this with everyone. This is an amazing animation/tribute for the game's 20th anniversary. There was a behind the scenes video on this, and I have to say, the person or people who animated and did the artwork on this did such an excellent job. Gosh, I'm just in love with the artwork.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
And then Smash comes along and Nintendo is like "Hey lets pay for the Geno rights for a png image"
Actually, thinking about it, why would they do that? The Geno cameo is too insignificant to pay for, yet buying two insignificant PNGs for Ultimate is A-OK? Fan demand doesn't line up there, either. A lot of people wanted that cameo to come back. In that case, it isn't even an argument beyond Nintendo just being that obtuse.

... Ah, who am I kidding. If Sakurai was making the choices for DLC, it would have been Geno's time, but NoJ stepped in instead. They would be that obtuse, huh. (Haha, I'm not bitter, aren't I? Nah, I'm pretty bitter.)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Ehh. True.

I dunno. My life's been in turmoil so I guess I'm just taking my irrational anger out on stupid **** like video games now. Sorry, I've not been logical lately, just emotional.
Tell me about it. I've been debating going back to brawl or melee if Steve is added instead of Banjo because I am so emotionally attached to video games and I am just so tired of hoping and having my hopes destroyed. It doesn't help that I'm at a stressful time of my life trying to balance college and work. And that is just scratching the surface lmao

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Tell me about it. I've been debating going back to brawl or melee if Steve is added instead of Banjo because I am so emotionally attached to video games and I am just so tired of hoping and having my hopes destroyed. It doesn't help that I'm at a stressful time of my life trying to balance school and these last several semesters of college. And that is just scratching the surface lmao
Man, how sad is it that our lives are so crappy that we go to video games for comfort, and they only end up making you upset, too?

I'm just so sapped. I should probably take a break from Smash speculation, but I know out of sight, out of mind won't apply to me.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Man, how sad is it that our lives are so crappy that we go to video games for comfort, and they only end up making you upset, too?

I'm just so sapped. I should probably take a break from Smash speculation, but I know out of sight, out of mind won't apply to me.
What really does it for me is that, we aren't even in the minority in terms of our picks. We have extremely popular fan picks that we want. So we are always in a constant state of thinking we have a chance instead of living in a blissful "yeah I want this character but I know it won't happen" state. It's just a constant cycle of hope and disappointment. And I am getting to the end of wanting to tolerate it.

I'm not even as big into Geno as some of you are. But I know we all share the same feeling of constant rejection not exactly knowing why we keep getting rejected. Not to mention it seems to be becoming popular to make fun of our choices.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ehh. True.

I dunno. My life's been in turmoil so I guess I'm just taking my irrational anger out on stupid **** like video games now. Sorry, I've not been logical lately, just emotional.
Tell me about it. I've been debating going back to brawl or melee if Steve is added instead of Banjo because I am so emotionally attached to video games and I am just so tired of hoping and having my hopes destroyed. It doesn't help that I'm at a stressful time of my life trying to balance college and work. And that is just scratching the surface lmao
Same. I'm considering taking yet ANOTHER break cause I'm so frustrated and anxious, Just UGH. If Geno or Banjo don't get in this game I'm going back to Melee I don't care at this point just give me EITHER and I'll be happy. I've been off my meds recently which might be why I'm anxious and Depressed but this speculation cycle has so much stakes as it's now or never for Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Been away for awhile. Finally settled into my new job at work. It's nice because I'm actually doing work at work again and not just sitting on my ass derping on my phone for 50-70% of my shift. Looking forward to the 2.0 update because I'm very curious what they'll do in terms of balance, especially since nobody in the game right now is broken or super janky. Everyone alright?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Been away for awhile. Finally settled into my new job at work. It's nice because I'm actually doing work at work again and not just sitting on my *** derping on my phone for 50-70% of my shift. Looking forward to the 2.0 update because I'm very curious what they'll do in terms of balance, especially since nobody in the game right now is broken or super janky. Everyone alright?
I'm good, pretty much one of the few who isn't on the verge of going bonkers in the thread.

Besides preparing for PP, I'm not sure what else it'll bring that's significant.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Been away for awhile. Finally settled into my new job at work. It's nice because I'm actually doing work at work again and not just sitting on my *** derping on my phone for 50-70% of my shift. Looking forward to the 2.0 update because I'm very curious what they'll do in terms of balance, especially since nobody in the game right now is broken or super janky. Everyone alright?
Decent. Just waiting for stuff to happen, that is all.

D

Deleted member

Ehh. True.

You don't have anything to apologize for :)

I've been wondering where you were.

I sit on my *** too for a good majority of the time sneaking onto Smashboards.

Anyways nice to have you back :)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Wish there were more things to talk about right now, kind of sad seeing the drastic decline in activity. Also, weren’t we supposed to get a Nindies direct this week? Or was it next week, I forgot.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wish there were more things to talk about right now, kind of sad seeing the drastic decline in activity. Also, weren’t we supposed to get a Nindies direct this week? Or was it next week, I forgot.
It was a Nindies showcase, and it was from NoE. That's already happened earlier this week.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was a Nindies showcase, and it was from NoE. That's already happened earlier this week.
And even then it was just more ports.

Only thing to do right now is stall until the :ultpiranha:-mageddon lands on the game. At least there's only a week left...

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Does anyone think that the dragon quest hero dai being added to the ps4 game jump force may hurt eddies chances of making it into smash bros? I only say this because I read in one of Sakurai's recent interviews that It happened to decidueye because he had fighter representation in another game apparently.
Dai isn't Erdrick though, lol...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Oof... This is painfully relatable. Videogames are definitely escapism and have been most of my life ranging from an emotionally abusive parent to trying not to face plant into alcoholism in grad school to now and my ongoing existential angst with my degree and job. Kind of sucks that Smash stresses me out so often. Speculation is stressful. Competitive gaming is stressful too. Take out those and you lose like 90% of the appeal of Smash to begin with so it's a cruel mistress.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oof... This is painfully relatable. Videogames are definitely escapism and have been most of my life ranging from an emotionally abusive parent to trying not to face plant into alcoholism in grad school to now and my ongoing existential angst with my degree and job. Kind of sucks that Smash stresses me out so often. Speculation is stressful. Competitive gaming is stressful too. Take out those and you lose like 90% of the appeal of Smash to begin with so it's a cruel mistress.
Man, I'm disabled, mentally ill, single, nearing my 30s, and generally am doomed to a life of isolation and struggle because of it all. Video games went from being a fun past-time for little child me all the way to escapism and a coping mechanism when dealing with life's trash. It's... It's kind of a mess when you don't have much going for you in life and there's not much you can do about it, and then your coping strategies get muddied up in stuff like that, you know?

It's all really personal, though. I'd rather not go into further depth than that, but... boy, it's rough.

D

Deleted member

Dai isn't Erdrick though, lol...
Speaking of that I've wanted to ask you... Some people seem to be passing around the idea that insiders mistook Dai for Erdrick, thus Erdrick is deconfirmed.
I've already said my thoughts on why I highly doubt that but I'd like to hear from you on that.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Speaking of that I've wanted to ask you... Some people seem to be passing around the idea that insiders mistook Dai for Erdrick, thus Erdrick is deconfirmed.
I've already said my thoughts on why I highly doubt that but I'd like to hear from you on that.
Not Polar, but man, that would be ridiculous to even think that Dai and Erdrick could be mixed up in any capacity. Tansut definitely hasn't, for that matter, as he's aware of Erdrick having male and female alts.

D

Deleted member

Smash speculation isn't fun, and, like you guys said, it's stressful.

I haven't been in the speculation cycle nearly as long as a lot of you have, but it's already changed so much in my time of it. Fun to trapped in a stressful limbo, arguments, and headaches, lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Whoever mistook the two for each other clearly needs glasses, since their respective art styles aren't the same.

It's one thing to assume an animal from Cubivore is from Minecraft instead, but another to think Dai was drawn by Toriyama at all.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, I'm disabled, mentally ill, single, nearing my 30s, and generally am doomed to a life of isolation and struggle because of it all. Video games went from being a fun past-time for little child me all the way to escapism and a coping mechanism when dealing with life's trash. It's... It's kind of a mess when you don't have much going for you in life and there's not much you can do about it, and then your coping strategies get muddied up in stuff like that, you know?

It's all really personal, though. I'd rather not go into further depth than that, but... boy, it's rough.
Yeah, and now video games stress me out when I don't beat them in a timely manner and it stresses when I don't have time to play them. Video games are almost ironically a chore but, then again, just about every hobby will genuinely start to stress you once you get deep enough into it. Definitely one of the painful realities of adulthood I guess.

D

Deleted member

My biggest problem with video games is that they're very addictive and I have a habit of having long play sessions for games I enjoy. This is why I avoid playing Breath of the Wild and Civilization 5. Once I sit down, I am not getting up from that chair and that's terrible when I have priorities.

Luckily, Smash is that kind of game where you can put it on for ten minutes, have fun, and then put it down to work on other things.

If I do play games, it's because I want to accomplish some objective from it. Like beating Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson Punch Out or beating the hard mode of Fire Emblem 7 without restarting. **** like that, which feeds off my desire to accomplish, critically think, or challenge. Only issue is time management. DX

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

My biggest problem with video games is that they're very addictive and I have a habit of having long play sessions for games I enjoy. This is why I avoid playing Breath of the Wild and Civilization 5. Once I sit down, I am not getting up from that chair and that's terrible when I have priorities.

Luckily, Smash is that kind of game where you can put it on for ten minutes, have fun, and then put it down to work on other things.

If I do play games, it's because I want to accomplish some objective from it. Like beating Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson Punch Out or beating the hard mode of Fire Emblem 7 without restarting. **** like that, which feeds off my desire to accomplish, critically think, or challenge. Only issue is time management. DX
I agree. The Mother and Mario RPGs are that kind of addictive for me. I play them for hours at a time lol.

And, like you said, Smash is the kind of game you can put down after playing a bit.

Unless I'm playing SSE from Brawl :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom