• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It was actually my first icon for Smashboards and I have just been too lazy to change it on Discord.
So yeah, I noticed immediately.
Haha, lol.

So, on the topic of our gut feelings....what's your gut telling you, Earl?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Haha, lol.

So, on the topic of our gut feelings....what's your gut telling you, Earl?
No clue. Never been the most in touch with my gut, and currently my brain is kind of blanking. I will probably get back to you on this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, we have 50 or so posts left before we become the second most replied newcomer speculation thread again.

D

Deleted member

ALRIGHT EVERYONE LET'S DO SOME ****POSTING

Jk, but seriously, that's awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I know we've talked about what Geno would sound like in the past but I honestly never really had a clear idea of what he could sound like myself. Funnily enough though I'm a big fan of the DC animated show Young Justice and today on Twitter I noticed the VA for the new YJ version of Cyborg is a huge Geno fan! And it turns out he's been waiting for him to be in Smash since Brawl like many of us have:
https://twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1088730924395581440

Tbh listening to this clip I could see him playing Geno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvAEtWvYAc

Idk I just think it's pretty cool that a legit VA is a big Geno fan
I'll definitely take Zeno Robinson or Josh Grelle as Geno. And wow, that's awesome how a voice actor is a huge fan of Geno! I'd love to see some actors/actresses even be fans of Geno, and I'm sure there are some out there.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Same. Even then, I wouldn't call that a definitely deconfirmation necessarily. That said, though, I'd personally take it as one and just put my all into a general revival for him and Mallow rather than anything for Smash.

Man, if I were a billionaire, I'd just buy Geno and Mallow's right entirely and give them to Nintendo for free.

Nintendo be like, "What royalties do you want for use of him? How much of a price point do you have for permanent use?"
And I just, "My price point is actually freaking use them from now on and I don't mean once or twice as cameos or discardable characters, you actual nuggets."
A stranger asked me this one time: if I mysteriously got $800 million out of the blue, what would I do with it? Well, it seems you already know it. I'd offer Square $20-40 million for SMRPG characters I'd pick to own. But of course, I'd give those characters to Nintendo for a small price because I don't think they'll allow it for free, so I'll offer them like under a million. Anything to keep these beloved characters away from PlayStation territory.

And I wouldn't just buy Geno and Mallow, I'd literally try buy every character in SMRPG. Geno, Mallow, Belome, Croco, and Smithy would be the first five I'd try to buy from Square, and then I'd buy the rest and sell them to Nintendo for a reasonable price.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that the dragon quest hero dai being added to the ps4 game jump force may hurt eddies chances of making it into smash bros? I only say this because I read in one of Sakurai's recent interviews that It happened to decidueye because he had fighter representation in another game apparently.

Attachments

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that the dragon quest hero dai being added to the ps4 game jump force may hurt eddies chances of making it into smash bros? I only say this because I read in one of Sakurai's recent interviews that It happened to decidueye because he had fighter representation in another game apparently.
DQ content is coming to Jump Force, so I say that they're more focused on getting DQ stuff in Jump Force. That takes a lot of work if they want DQ in Jump Force and Super Smash Brothers, yikes. I'm honestly not sure.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it has any positive or negative impact on Eddy's chances, since Square Enix doesn't own Dai in any way

D

Deleted member

Okay, Everyone I have a question to pass the time cause why not; If you had to remove 5 characters to get your favorite character in smash who would you replace for your character and what would your character be? Rules are simple you cannot replace an echo fighter for a non-echo fighter character and vice versa and You cannot cheat by saying something like "Nana" or "mii fighters" it has to be an actual character.

Example; I would get rid of Wii fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Roy, Inceniroar and Palutena for Geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Okay, Everyone I have a question to pass the time cause why not; If you had to remove 5 characters to get your favorite character in smash who would you replace for your character and what would your character be? Rules are simple you cannot replace an echo fighter for a non-echo fighter character and vice versa and You cannot cheat by saying something like "Nana" or "mii fighters" it has to be an actual character.

Example; I would get rid of Wii fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Roy, Inceniroar and Palutena for Geno.
Incineroar, Lucario, Roy, Dark Pit, and Greninja for Geno or Banjo, one of the two. Easy. Absolutely easy.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar, Lucario, Roy, Dark Pit, and Greninja for Geno or Banjo, one of the two. Easy. Absolutely easy.
Smart. I would also Replace Roy cause we already have Chrom who is basically Roy except relevant and requested for Smash. Sorry Roy fans :p

D

Deleted member

I would get rid of Duck-hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Corrin, Greninja, Incineroar, Isabelle, Inkling, Mr. Game and Watch, Piranha Plant (although he is a bonus so I don't know if he would count), Toon Link, Falco, Wario, Bowser Jr., King Dedede, Cloud, Joker, Roy, Marth, Snake, Ryu, Bayonetta, Mewtwo, Robin, Wolf...and pretty much the entire Smash roster with the exception of the original 12, Lucas, Ike, Ridley, and King K Rool.

D

Deleted member

I would get rid of Duck-hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Corrin, Greninja, Incineroar, Isabelle, Inkling, Mr. Game and Watch, Piranha Plant (although he is a bonus so I don't know if he would count), Toon Link, Falco, Wario, Bowser Jr., King Dedede, Cloud, Joker, Roy, Marth, Snake, Ryu, Bayonetta, Mewtwo, Robin, Wolf...and pretty much the entire Smash roster with the exception of the original 12, Lucas, and Ike.
Wow that's quite a bit of dedication. Respect.

D

Deleted member

Wow that's quite a bit of dedication. Respect.
Thanks. The same goes for Ninten as well lol.

I forgot to add Ridley and K Rool to the exceptions, so I edited that in :p

But, actually...I would sacrifice them for Geno, but the 3 would go so perfectly together

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

I would remove Dr. Mario, Chrom (I'm saying Chrom instead of Roy just because I like Roy more; breaks up the blue haired monotony of the FE cast), Young Link, Corrin, and Pichu for Geno just because I don't think they should be in the game anyway lol.

Also guys Roy is cool he's just made a semi-clone of Marth for no reason. He's even 2nd on the FE popularity poll for guys and 5th overall, AHEAD of Chrom, Ike, Marth, Corrin, and Robin.

For me, we shouldn't cut Roy, we should declone him.

D

Deleted member

Pichu, Greninja, Incineroar, Isabelle, and Bowser Jr. for Geno, Shantae, and Crash Bandicoot

domriver

Smash Lord

I love to pretend!

If i can have Geno and remove 5 characters oh you make it so easy.
Pichu -1
Young Link - 2
Dr. Mario -3
Mii's - ( i never cared for these)
Lucario - 4
R.O.B -5

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If I could remove any character for Geno, Corrin would definitely be the one.

I chose Corrin because he only got in for promoting a series, so he's only in the game for promotion, not fan service. I also can't stand Corrin mains; I always have a fun time slaying Corrin mains with Simon Belmont and Cloud online. I can't choose any other character because they all mean a lot to others, sorry. I don't want to take away the retro reps because they mean a lot to Nintendo's history, plus they're cute and funny characters. :)

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

Alright for a newcomer of my Choice I'd get rid of
+Wonder Red
-Dr. Mario
-Young Link
-Pichu
-Zero Suit Samus
-Inceroar

Those last two were particularly tough choices, I tried to pick characters that I know less people would miss

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
As much as I like Geno, I wouldn't trade any characters in for him. I like "Everyone is here!", and I don't want to sadden fans of characters I don't like.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I dont know, but Even if its garanteed to have Geno if I remove other 5 character, I'd rather to not have Geno.
I want no one to suffer because of my hapiness.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd be fine with Goku, Steve, Slime, and Katalina if it means I get Geno too
That’s the dark side of the force right there.

The easy trio of Corrin, Incineroar and Piranha Plant goes. Then let’s say Dr. Mario and Young Link.

T2by4

Smash Lord
ALRIGHT EVERYONE LET'S DO SOME ****POSTING

Jk, but seriously, that's awesome
Been ****posting for Geno to be in for months.

Not really. This could be a year where they REALLY push DQ. I hope not into Smash where our boy Geno is meant to be.

Also
+Geno
-WiiFitTrainer
-Corrin
-Chrom
-Dr Mario
-YLink

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cause steve would be a total waste of a slot. Make it a mii costume.
Hey, I don't want Steve either, but we shouldn't bash on other characters. TheCJBrine TheCJBrine wants Steve, he wouldn't be happy with his most wanted characters being bashed

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Gimme Geno for Incineroar, Corrin, Little Mac, Young Link, and Roy. Easiest choice of my life.

link2702

Smash Champion
e_o so...many...replays...

Man i wish Nintendo gave us a way to straight upload em to YouTube like in 4. Sure this new method guarantees you always have a way to upload, which the old service didn’t and soon as it ended i lost any way to upload to YouTube...

But damn with how many I’ve got, it’s gonna take days to get them converted...and then I still have to upload them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom