• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Him being a bonus just kinda feels like he wasn't given as much priority as the other DLC characters. But maybe that's just me.
I wouldn't take that as bad, though. Geno getting into Smash Bros at all just cannot be a bad thing. Him getting in means he was given enough priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong, I would by far take bonus Geno over no Geno, but I would also by far take him as a main DLC character rather than a bonus. Him being a bonus just kinda feels like he wasn't given as much priority as the other DLC characters. But maybe that's just me.
Personally, I wouldn't even care. Bonus DLC to give Square some of those extra royalty bucks and keeping other people from complaining because he 'takes up a Fighter's Pass slot' would honestly be a better scenario. Less reason for people to whine, more reason for us to celebrate that he's finally in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Personally, I wouldn't even care. Bonus DLC to give Square some of those extra royalty bucks and keeping other people from complaining because he 'takes up a Fighter's Pass slot' would honestly be a better scenario. Less reason for people to whine, more reason for us to celebrate that he's finally in.
It'd be cool if they even said that they'd been working a bit on him in the past so it was just to complete the job. That kind of praises a bit in that he's been deserving a spot at the same time. But I dunno. I hope eventually we get more of sakurai's thoughts on characters that made it in and didn't.

D

Deleted member

Every character has people who complain about them though. With the fan demand Geno has gotten too....it would kinda bug me lol.

I wouldn't take that as bad, though. Geno getting into Smash Bros at all just cannot be a bad thing. Him getting in at all means he was given enough priority.
That's a good way to look at it

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Yeah unlikely but a neat idea. I mean, sakurai's gotta feel a little bit of the geno hype right? he's been thinking about him since brawl.
I could picture some cool trailer after he says that him and square enix have a little extra surprsise at the end :p
There's also no doubt that Sakurai thought about Geno during the choosing of DLC, especially if he's been trying for over 11 years now. Someone also mentioned this on the Geno thread and said it was confirmed in some article or interview that all the DLC suggestions for the DLC weren't rejected, so whatever character Sakurai/Nintendo brought up for being a DLC character, all of them were chosen to be DLC. (Not sure if this is true, but somebody did mention it on here.) If Geno was on his mind during the DLC selection, then Nintendo might possibly try to work something out if they were to negotiate with Square. With the help of Nintendo at Sakurai's side, getting the full rights to Geno shouldn't be too hard, and if not, they could possibly buy them if Square is up for it. I'd rather them buy all of SMRPG's rights, that way Nintendo can give it to AlphaDream to remake or create a sequel for the series. I think a lot of AlphaDream employees worked on SMRPG back when it was in development, so it'll still have its original taste, even with Square not getting in the way. Also, this would make it easier for Sakurai to get Geno in his game without having any problems; it's perfect, so let's hope it happens someday.

I can see Nintendo agreeing with Sakurai. I said this about a month ago: the Mii costumes from Smash 4. Geno's Mii costume could've been there as a test, to see how well it would sell. If it did well, Nintendo would probably be up for it because he'll do good for being DLC; if it didn't do good, then Nintendo could've rejected Sakurai's idea for wanting him as DLC. Every Smash player I know got Geno's Mii costume in Smash 4, and I'm sure a lot of others got it as well, so I'm sure it sold pretty well, especially since Geno's Mii costume probably came to DLC because of Sakurai and the ballot votes for Geno. If that article is true about the suggested DLC characters not being rejected at all, then this could be a sign. It depends if we will get a Square character as DLC or not.

Last edited:

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
I think it's either Sora Ltd. or Bandai Namco that are the ones responsible for the codes in the game's files, but my guess is it's probably Sora that's responsible for the game's coding.

Anything would be great if we got Geno as a bonus character with the main Square DLC character.

I'm late. Hi, In-
-us, welcome to the Geno thread! I love your drawing!
I have a stupid question: Is your drawing (profile picture) a mix between Rich Uncle Pennybags and Korosensei?
Thank you for the lovely welcome! (Also I love what you did there with my name ;) ) sorry for the last reply btw usually there isn't a lot going on around here so... But haha! I never made that connection till now heh! But nope its candyman from an indie game called Lethal League! I just think he´s really neat~ And thank you for the compliment :)

Here´s candyman btw: (its kinda big so ima put it in a spoiler)

Also id just actually cry if Geno were to get in in any way

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I want Geno to be a main DLC character, not some extra bonus character
After ten years I take anything.

Plus the best universe: the day before Piranha Plant releases they announce it was a huge troll and the bonus character was Geno and Plant was an AT or whatever.

It’s the best outcome because we get Geno and we don’t get Piranha Plant.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Steve was actually brave?
No. No it wouldn’t. At all.

D

Deleted member

Plus the best universe: the day before Piranha Plant releases they announce it was a huge troll and the bonus character was Geno and Plant was an AT or whatever.

No. No it wouldn’t. At all.
Lol that really would be the best universe.

Now I wish I were in it :p

D

Deleted member

Hey, m-maybe... the capitals on Brave and Superstar are a positive hint for our boy... r-right...?

I'm dreaming so hard and I don't want to wake up. I am sad.
And streeeccchhhh!

Although the stats discussion isn’t dead yet we just hadn’t gotten an update on braves patch yet let’s just wait until something happens with brave I’m very confident it’s geno because of the height and it floatyness

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Guys, uh...

I really hope you realize I was joking around, haha...

I wish it was a sign for Geno, but nawh. I'm playing and making humor out of my pessimism. Nothing to see here.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
No way. Geno getting in AND getting SMRPG music AND either Bowser's Castle with Exor sticking out or Mushroom Forest would be the best case scenatio. This is a hill I'm willing to die on. I don't give a **** about people complaining. Every character in the FP is going to have some level of complaining.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
yes.

fite me, haterssss.
I shall fight you.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment and would personally prefer for Steve from the game ‘Minecraft’ to not be included as a playable combatant in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

(Did I win?)

link2702

Smash Champion
Oh no......

MY REPLAYS!!!!!!!
I just realized how many replays I have to now rush to get off the system....

I might be putting my switch in airplane mode for awhile now as i get these put on YouTube...ran into the same mistake I did on wii u....saving all replays of me winning, good or bad...and now gotta go through each one to decide if it’s worth saving....

D

Deleted member

Hahaha...No. That would Deconfirm Banjo who is one of the only two characters I have left while also Erdrick being likely which if he is in also deconfirms the other character I wanted. Personally it would not be funny whatsoever.

Doctor Lucky

Smash Cadet
Hey, m-maybe... the capitals on Brave and Superstar are a positive hint for our boy... r-right...?

Well, I'll personally take that as a potential hint as in Superstar Saga there is a Geno cameo during one of the minigames (Star 'Stache Smash.

And while this is a pretty big stretch, it's not completely out of the left field given the odd, breadcrumb like trail of things surrounding Nintendo that relate to both Super Mario RPG and Geno. (The figure Sakurai bought, the 22nd anniversary announcement, the art made by an official Nintendo artist that got taken down and so forth)

Granted this is all extremely "tinfoil hat" like levels of dot connecting and information analyzing but that's what's so fun about this whole shebang.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Okay, now I feel like Nintendo is getting on Boon's level here for a minute.

Seriously, think about it for a second: what is the point of making that specific compliment?

Sure, I get it: Luigi is a scaredy-cat and it a little joke, but they most CERTAINLY know that we datamined this update and know the codename Brave. It's likely nothing, but I would swear on my life that an employee reviewed this and chuckled since it would trigger us to discuss it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah the guy running the Twitter just thought to themselves "boy do I have the perfect way to **** with people"

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I know we've talked about what Geno would sound like in the past but I honestly never really had a clear idea of what he could sound like myself. Funnily enough though I'm a big fan of the DC animated show Young Justice and today on Twitter I noticed the VA for the new YJ version of Cyborg is a huge Geno fan! And it turns out he's been waiting for him to be in Smash since Brawl like many of us have:
https://twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1088730924395581440

Tbh listening to this clip I could see him playing Geno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvAEtWvYAc

Idk I just think it's pretty cool that a legit VA is a big Geno fan

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, now I feel like Nintendo is getting on Boon's level here for a minute.

Seriously, think about it for a second: what is the point of making that specific compliment?

Sure, I get it: Luigi is a scaredy-cat and it a little joke, but they most CERTAINLY know that we datamined this update and know the codename Brave. It's likely nothing, but I would swear on my life that an employee reviewed this and chuckled since it would trigger us to discuss it.
Don't go on the route of the Shantae fans. It's a dangerous path.

Until further notice, I'll chalk this up as coincidence.

Although I would laugh if King Boo was Brave.

0dXRpCn.gif

In all seriousness though, I already see Minecraft everywhere I go, so I don't need this.

Last edited:

NerfOrNothiing

Smash Cadet
I know we've talked about what Geno would sound like in the past but I honestly never really had a clear idea of what he could sound like myself. Funnily enough though I'm a big fan of the DC animated show Young Justice and today on Twitter I noticed the VA for the new YJ version of Cyborg is a huge Geno fan! And it turns out he's been waiting for him to be in Smash since Brawl like many of us have:
https://twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1088730924395581440

Tbh listening to this clip I could see him playing Geno: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvAEtWvYAc

Idk I just think it's pretty cool that a legit VA is a big Geno fan
Oh man, that'd be REALLY cool! It's really nice to see more fans of Geno around ^^ Theres a lot of good VA ideas for Geno, but this one is already one of my favorites -- next to Chris Niosi of course

D

Deleted member

I mean... Piranha Plant still looks fun (and is pretty funny). The true question is "Why not both?"

D

Deleted member

Hey ya'll, sorry if I gave off any negative vibes yesterday.

I would really prefer him come with a stage and some music, but, again, sorry if I did anything

D

Deleted member

I shall fight you.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment and would personally prefer for Steve from the game ‘Minecraft’ to not be included as a playable combatant in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

(Did I win?)
Nope you just made his chances even greater:p

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I shall fight you.

(Did I win?)
yes you win because you respectfully disagreed instead of making up reasons like "Steve would be a Link clone" and didn't bash the fanbase like the typical Steve haters do.

really though it's not like Minecraft's fanbase is any worse than literally every other fanbase, I don't get the fanbase bashing.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My gut is telling me Geno is a mii costume. Hopefully my gut is wrong here.
Same. Even then, I wouldn't call that a definitely deconfirmation necessarily. That said, though, I'd personally take it as one and just put my all into a general revival for him and Mallow rather than anything for Smash.

Man, if I were a billionaire, I'd just buy Geno and Mallow's right entirely and give them to Nintendo for free.

Nintendo be like, "What royalties do you want for use of him? How much of a price point do you have for permanent use?"
And I just, "My price point is actually freaking use them from now on and I don't mean once or twice as cameos or discardable characters, you actual nuggets."

D

Deleted member

My gut is telling me that Geno is a DLC fighter

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom