• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightspeed97

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a datamine of patch 2.0.0 at all, or at least a part of it. I could see stat changes and Mii costumes being leaked, but new codenames probably won't be leaked. After the fiasco from before, I'd imagine they'd keep it top secret for as long as possible, unless some of the deviating dataminers decide to spill the beans.

tl;dr: I wouldn't heckle miners for any info. They're going to be treading very lightly.
True, however, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else ended up datamining and posting the info now that everyone knows people kept it secret the first time.

I'm also curious to hear if PolarPanda PolarPanda knows anything about a Direct yet?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a datamine of patch 2.0.0 at all, or at least a part of it. I could see stat changes and Mii costumes being leaked, but new codenames probably won't be leaked. After the fiasco from before, I'd imagine they'd keep it top secret for as long as possible, unless some of the deviating dataminers decide to spill the beans.

tl;dr: I wouldn't heckle miners for any info. They're going to be treading very lightly.
I dunno nintendo seems to learn from their mistakes pretty slowly. at least when it comes to data.
And I mean, there's always going to be 'something' in the datamines, even if it's just the character changes. I'm really curious about those too.

N Gimme P-Plant! :ultpiranha::)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but have you guys heard the rumor of Ultimate patch 2.0 coming next week? https://twitter.com/SSBUBot/status/1088371138189819904?s=19

I assume it will at least add the rest of Piranha Plant's data. I wonder if we will see any new codenames? Or maybe some changes to Joker or Brave's stats/data?
I hope if the Stats do change and get leaked they look more Like Geno's. or at least change it in a way that makes speculation more interesting since the stat's discussion is kinda dead right now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can't wait till we find victory music and franchise icons they forgot to remove.

For Geno and Banjo of course.

D

Deleted member

Better save my replays as videos if 2.0.0 is coming.

Hopefully they buff Dr. Mario and don't do anything to Wario.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully they accidentally add Geno to the game in the update

:grin:
lol if they Accidentally added Geno in the game for free and with no announcement you know people are gonna freak out, I personally would freak out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno nintendo seems to learn from their mistakes pretty slowly. at least when it comes to data.
And I mean, there's always going to be 'something' in the datamines, even if it's just the character changes. I'm really curious about those too.

N Gimme P-Plant! :ultpiranha::)
Reminder that this is the last week you can get him for free.

As for me, I`ll buy him. I have no regrets.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
What's up y'all. It's midterms week for me and I fell asleep, but I'm here now to show support again!

Anything I missed?

D

Deleted member

What's up y'all. It's midterms week for me and I fell asleep, but I'm here now to show support again!

Anything I missed?
Some Leak people thought could've been real but got debunked in less than an Hour and a half. That's pretty much everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman

I honestly dislike this mentality. I do agree that datminers shouldn't announce some things before they come out, within reason. But I'm also of the strong opinion that the moment it's in the game files of the public version, it's fair game. Coming from my background as a software dev...if Nintendo doesn't wasn't people to know about something, it's their fault for including it in the files. It's not hard to prune this sort of thing before a build goes out.

Tl;dr: if it can be dat mined, it should be datmined and made public.

D

Deleted member

I hope if the Stats do change and get leaked they look more Like Geno's. or at least change it in a way that makes speculation more interesting since the stat's discussion is kinda dead right now.
Wait how did it die?!

D

Deleted member

Wait how did it die?!
From what it looks like, I think the general consensus is that the stats are not as decisive as we thought they would be. When everyone started making arguments for how the Square reps could all fit within the stats, people realized we were just arguing how our characters could work with these stats but not if that meant they were in.

Really, we're back at the checkpoint here.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm talking more about how nobody seems to want to talk about the Stats and how for the most part people have already said everything there is to say about the Stats.
There's still quite of stuff to possibly look at, but if a patch is coming soon anyway, may be worth waiting to see if there's any changes.
And whatever else there is :)

D

Deleted member

There's still quite of stuff to possibly look at, but if a patch is coming soon anyway, may be worth waiting to see if there's any changes.
I agree. We'll just have to wait for miners to dig around to see if there's more evidence.

D

Deleted member

Agreed. Guess I should wait and write up my research until after the patch comes out then since it wouldn't be outdated in a week.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hopefully they accidentally add Geno to the game in the update

:grin:
Gosh, that profile picture looks awesome.

And if there is a new update coming this week, I better start saving like 50+ of my replays. Damn, I wish saving replays were easy and just took 20 seconds to save a 3-6 minute clip instead of waiting until the very end to record it all. I have so many clips of me using Snake's taunt to edge guard and KO my opponents. I also wish the video recording software was easier, because not having to go back in a replay is really lame since we have to restart the replay in order to go back.

D

Deleted member

From what it looks like, I think the general consensus is that the stats are not as decisive as we thought they would be. When everyone started making arguments for how the Square reps could all fit within the stats, people realized we were just arguing how our characters could work with these stats but not if that meant they were in.

Really, we're back at the checkpoint here.
Well the size dose matter right?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well the size dose matter right?
It does a little bit at least, in that most of the height stats follow how the characters' heights are, but not all of them, and the character model is much more important than that stat, and changing it doesn't affect much.

It's probably what goes the most in favor of geno at the time, if it's an SE character at all. Let's see if anything changes in the next patch.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It does a little bit at least, in that most of the height stats follow how the characters' heights are, but not all of them, and the character model is much more important than that stat, and changing it doesn't affect much.

It's probably what goes the most in favor of geno at the time, if it's an SE character at all. Let's see if anything changes in the next patch.
Honestly, even if the stats really make me think of Geno, I wouldn't say any of it is 'in his favor'. Correlation of the codename to him is stretchy at best, and it still feels a bit like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

If I were you or anyone else, I'd not place my bets on Brave being Geno.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly, even if the stats really make me think of Geno, I wouldn't say any of it is 'in his favor'. Correlation of the codename to him is stretchy at best, and it still feels a bit like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.

If I were you or anyone else, I'd not place my bets on Brave being Geno.
I'm not even putting it on being Erdrick (maybe including because of the current height stat)
I will admit that even if I dream of a scenario where we get 2 SE reps (like there being a bonus character), I think it's more likely that we only have one, and looking at everything about 'brave' right now doesn't make me think that it's totally a fit for any SE rep.

Maybe I'm a little more able to see how Sora could somehow fit, but I really dont know at this point, and I'm pretty iffy on if it even is a square rep.
And of course I might just be overthinking and it'll be obvious once we know more :p

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I honestly dislike this mentality. I do agree that datminers shouldn't announce some things before they come out, within reason. But I'm also of the strong opinion that the moment it's in the game files of the public version, it's fair game. Coming from my background as a software dev...if Nintendo doesn't wasn't people to know about something, it's their fault for including it in the files. It's not hard to prune this sort of thing before a build goes out.

Tl;dr: if it can be dat mined, it should be datmined and made public.
I think it's either Sora Ltd. or Bandai Namco that are the ones responsible for the codes in the game's files, but my guess is it's probably Sora that's responsible for the game's coding.
I'm not even putting it on being Erdrick (maybe including because of the current height stat)
I will admit that even if I dream of a scenario where we get 2 SE reps (like there being a bonus character), I think it's more likely that we only have one, and looking at everything about 'brave' right now doesn't make me think that it's totally a fit for any SE rep.

Maybe I'm a little more able to see how Sora could somehow fit, but I really dont know at this point, and I'm pretty iffy on if it even is a square rep.
And of course I might just be overthinking and it'll be obvious once we know more :p
Anything would be great if we got Geno as a bonus character with the main Square DLC character.
Doing swell thank you very much for asking! Im in a good mood today :) How are you?
I'm late. Hi, In-
-us, welcome to the Geno thread! I love your drawing!
I have a stupid question: Is your drawing (profile picture) a mix between Rich Uncle Pennybags and Korosensei?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anything would be great if we got Geno as a bonus character with the main Square DLC character.
Wouldn't it be great if we got a reveal for Erdrick and we were like, "Crap, it's over. Pack it up, boys, we're done," but then Sakurai drops a bombshell with another reveal trailer, this time being Geno? Or if they did a new trailer to celebrate PP's release, and after PP attacks Mario, we hear a Geno Whirl coming in from off-screen?

Sigh. If only. My hopes for the DLC in general, Geno or not, are so terribly low.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wouldn't it be great if we got a reveal for Erdrick and we were like, "Crap, it's over. Pack it up, boys, we're done," but then Sakurai drops a bombshell with another reveal trailer, this time being Geno? Or if they did a new trailer to celebrate PP's release, and after PP attacks Mario, we hear a Geno Whirl coming in from off-screen?

Sigh. If only. My hopes for the DLC in general, Geno or not, are so terribly low.
Yeah unlikely but a neat idea. I mean, sakurai's gotta feel a little bit of the geno hype right? he's been thinking about him since brawl.
I could picture some cool trailer after he says that him and square enix have a little extra surprsise at the end :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I want Geno to be a main DLC character, not some extra bonus character
I think if it'd be between bonus character or no geno, you'd want geno ;p

I think it'd be better to think of it as 2 SE characters for the price of one :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think if it'd be between bonus character or no geno, you'd want geno ;p

I think it'd be better to think of it as 2 SE characters for the price of one :)
Don't get me wrong, I would by far take bonus Geno over no Geno, but I would also by far take him as a main DLC character rather than a bonus. Him being a bonus just kinda feels like he wasn't given as much priority as the other DLC characters. But maybe that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom