• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Ok here is the Geno version. We are going to ignore at the stats. Stats don't matter. What we need to look at is the name. "Brave" It's more then just a code word. Let me explain. Super Mario RPG's anniversary is going to be 03/09/2019. If we add that all together we get 24. It will be turning 23 this year. Then we have Brave. Each letter corresponds to a number. Brave becomes 2-18-1-22-5. Adding that up we get 21. That gives us the numbers 21, 23, 24. But we are missing the 22. But wait we saw a 22 in Brave. 22 is V. V means 5. There are 5 DLC characters. Brave is the 2nd DLC character. So that makes it 2/5. February 5th. It's a Tuesday. This all means that on February 5th we are going to get a Nintendo direct that announces Brave as Geno slated for a release on Super Mario RPG's anniversary 03/09/2019
Better run, ninteninja's are trying to find your location!

On a different note, had a thought today regarding if there's going to be another smash ballot. If Sakurai were to have another ballot and say something along the lines like, "even assist trophies can be submitted into the smash ballot" I think we should hold a strong bond with the Isaacfans and unite with them. Because if for whatever reason Sakurai allowed assist trophies to be a viable option, I do think a lot of normies would vote waluigi just because of memes, which could pose a threat to us. If we were to unite with Isaac fans it would be helpful extra numbers to our cause.

D

Deleted member

I still don't know why they would go with the chibi design for Erdrick . It was used for one game and the more commonly used and iconic design is his teenage/adult look. I feel like this is a good case of "The stats don't fit with who we expect it to be. How can we twist this to still be our character" Stats don't match adult Erdrick? Well we expect it to be Erdrick so it MUST be his chibi design.

I know we are all kinda guilty of it. But dang that is quite a jump.
And to be fair Leakers are saying that there is gonna be a Female Erdrick alt at the least which There is no Chibi Female Erdrick. They could make one up sure but that's kind of more trouble than you need to go through for someone that in all honesty isn't popular outside of Japan.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
And to be fair Leakers are saying that there is gonna be a Female Erdrick alt at the least which There is no Chibi Female Erdrick. They could make one up sure but that's kind of more trouble than you need to go through for someone that in all honesty isn't popular outside of Japan.
I'm really on the boat of, if Erdrick is actually added. He isn't Brave. Because there is a trend in this game of only giving female alt skins for characters that actually have female alt skins. So it would be strange to break this rule just to give it to a character that doesn't have it...when his adult form does.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
The Geno spirit battle was awesome, though not particularly difficult since it's so easily cheesed.

Just need to see him in playable form now.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm starting to think or hope that there are indeed two Square reps one being Erdrick who was planned for base but later pushed back due to time restraints and Geno being originally planned for DLC. I hope this is the case and with everything being so weird and Wishywoshy I would not put it past them that this is indeed the case.

Also side-note: Does anyone know how to put Images under their posts or Profile? Like how some people put like Icons for who they support and it shows up under your posts, how do you do that? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm starting to think or hope that there are indeed two Square reps one being Erdrick who was planned for base but later pushed back due to time restraints and Geno being originally planned for DLC. I hope this is the case and with everything being so weird and Wishywoshy I would not put it past them that this is indeed the case.

Also side-note: Does anyone know how to put Images under their posts or Profile? Like how some people put like Icons for who they support and it shows up under your posts, how do you do that? Thanks in advance.
Yes.

You click on your profile, then click "signature," then add whatever you want there. Tetrin Tetrin has a link in his signature to where the fanmade newcomer stock icons are made

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think you forgot the "Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk" bit.

Also guys, I'm curious:
1) Who do you expect Brave to be?
2) Who do you want Brave to be?
3) Who do you not want Brave to be?
4) When do you think Brave will be announced?
1. Geno
2. Geno
3. Not Geno
4. Geno’clock

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now see this is one of the main reasons why I expect Brave to be someone completely different. The evidence and claims regarding Erdrick don't seem to add up.

He's supposed to be small, yet is somehow also the adult form with a female alt? And is still supposed to have Anlucia and Luminary as alts?

It's like we have a bunch of witnesses for a serial killer, but all of them are unreliable since they each describe the culprit differently.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Also guys, I'm curious:
1) Premature Virdrick
2) 'Yo Smithy!'
3) I swear if I have to watch another Minecraft video with my nephew again...
4) February Teaser with a gameplay trailer in April.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Apart from winnie and a few others, this thread has a great amount of wood now, if you know what I mean.

D

Deleted member

Also guys, I'm curious:
1. Literally no bet. I cannot guess who. Erdrick is one of the few with leaker cred, but that doesn't predict who Brave is specifically.
2. Erdrick or Geno. Hopefully either.
3. Anyone who isn't Erdrick or Geno, I guess.
4. Give it until the end of spring semester lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Also guys, I'm curious:
I think asking it in the geno thread makes question #2 pretty easy :p
My own first pick is Erdrick(with female alt) for me, as you might guess. But I think it could be anyone. I probably need more info to lean more in a direction.

While I'd like for brave to be announced in february, I think it might be a bit longer. I'll say around march. Hopefully sooner or there's some cool other info :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also guys, I'm curious:
1. No idea
2. Geno or another character I actually like
3. Keep this game meme free. I think the Mii fighters of Hank Hill and Steve Harvey are enough.
4. July LOLE (JK. Late February)

D

Deleted member

I think asking it in the geno thread makes question #2 pretty easy :p
My own want is Erdrick(with female alt) for me, as you might guess. But I think it could be anyone. I probably need more info to lean more in a direction.

While I'd like for brave to be announced in february, I think it might be a bit longer. I'll say around march. Hopefully sooner or there's some cool other info :)
But if it is in March then what about E3? That would be the next month after why not just skip March, do it in Feb and reveal two during E3? I think that would be the smartest way to do it. And Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do that for Smash 4 DLC?

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Erdrick is already hardly known outside of Japan. Why would they use his even less used chibi design?
If Erdrick is in Smash, its purely for marketing and to push DQ to the states. And I completely agree with your statement.
But the best way to market DQ in the states is to push a character that people are familiar with already, and that is Goku. Unlike DQ , DB is popular even in the states. So using a character thats in Goku's likeness would be a decent strategy to get people to dl him in the first place. And the lesser known chibi character bears the most resemblence.

Me personally, Sora>Geno>A bunch of other chacters>Erdrick.

However I do try to look at this with the least amount of bias as possible. And Erdrick fits the ticket just as much as Geno at this point.
Unfortunately if the height is correct, then Id say Sora is safely out of the running.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But if it is in March then what about E3? That would be the next month after why not just skip March, do it in Feb and reveal two during E3? I think that would be the smartest way to do it. And Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do that for Smash 4 DLC?
We're only on the second reveal, out of 5, so I think it'd be fine to have one in march and then one or two at e3. One would make more sense though.
But yeah if nothing comes in march then E3's pretty likely for something.

I think waiting til april is a lot :O
Tho I will say that we have the game now, so I think some people could find ways to be more patient :)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Thinking about it now, Nintendo probably is taking the route we'd expect. Joker was likely added because Persona 5 is coming to Switch, and perhaps the domain name P5R being registered quite some time ago is faint evidence.

If that's the case, then Erdrick seems... not like Brave. DQ has been tirelessly promoted in the west to practically no avail, and including him in Smash seems arbitrary if past attempts didn't work. The height stat more closely resembles adult Erdrick than kid, but even then the measurements are a bit exaggerated to suit adult Eddy. I'm fairly certain it's gonna be Sora, with KH3 being announced for Switch soon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Um, no.

People are already at the end of their rope, the announcement being in March would have them just not bother coming back to post here by the time it happens.
That's how people were back in september, and remember how long we had to wait for good reveals?
Well, I hope youre right, at least for nintendo to think it'd be good to do it earlier. Feb would be nice :)

D

Deleted member

That's how people were back in september, and remember how long we had to wait for good reveals?
Well, I hope youre right, at least for nintendo to think it'd be good to do it earlier. Feb would be nice :)
October though that wait was way worse than in September with the Grinch leak hyping people up then the final direct happened LMAO that was rough

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The excitement of this DLC versus the Grinch is that we still don't know who the DLC really is. Back then, it was Vergeben versus Grinch so now that that's done, I'm hyped for who we might get

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The excitement of this DLC versus the Grinch is that we still don't know who the DLC really is. Back then, it was Vergeben versus Grinch so now that that's done, I'm hyped for who we might get
Just hope to god there isn't another ****er that decides to make a convincing leak to make many happy for laughs.

October though that wait was way worse than in September with the Grinch leak hyping people up then the final direct happened LMAO that was rough
All that in just ONE WEEK. The board went full-on Lord of the Flies during that brief time.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah it's much better right now. And we have the game :p
I am still looking for more characters for sure tho. :)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
and I hope its by complete surprise. No smash intro. At a random point in a direct or presentation. It just kinda, happens. You don't know if you are watching a smash reveal till after it tells you or you see the invitation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just hope to god there isn't another ****** that decides to make a convincing leak to make many happy for laughs.
I don't think anything can be as convincing as the Grinch Hoax cause it's not even the Picture itself that got people, yeah they did do a decent job with the banner but all the coincidences surrounding the Leak was just too great to ignore. The Healing orb that looked like it was from Golden Sun, The Bank that made a video for the Supposed company deleted the video, Nintendo releasing a Trailer to supposedly try and get attention off of the leak, the Website mess-up, The Grinch Merch, Papagenos's MS Source. Everything seemed to go for it, no way that can be replicated.

D

Deleted member

Just hope to god there isn't another ****** that decides to make a convincing leak to make many happy for laughs.

All that is just ONE WEEK. The board went full-on Lord of the Flies during that brief time.
People will try but the Grinch just gained traction and notoriety. Not sure if we'll get another leak like it anytime soon. The 5chan leak with Doom and Ninja Gaiden looks like it tried to do that, but it had no visual evidence to make us go crazy.

Yeah it's much better right now. And we have the game :p
I am still looking for more characters for sure tho. :)
Oh yeah! We also have the game. That makes the wait way better.

and I hope its by complete surprise. No smash intro. At a random point in a direct or presentation. It just kinda, happens. You don't know if you are watching a smash reveal till after it tells you or you see the invitation.
That was the best part of Joker's trailer. Right before he flipped over the envelope, I was tired and bored out of my mind, so I took a glance at the group chat I was watching with. Suddenly people were saying "Weeb in Smash" and then I saw the ****ing Smash logo. It was like a mental orgasm where I just couldn't focus on anything because I was trying to take in everything.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That was the best part of Joker's trailer. Right before he flipped over the envelope, I was tired and bored out of my mind, so I took a glance at the group chat I was watching with. Suddenly people were saying "Weeb in Smash" and then I saw the ****ing Smash logo. It was like a mental orgasm where I just couldn't focus on anything because I was trying to take in everything.
The only problem is. With some characters it will be completely obvious from the get go what the trailer is for. For example why would Banjo have any reason to pop up in a Nintendo direct if it wasn't for Smash. The surprise would be easy identified. But I would be to busy having a spaz attack to even care at that point. But you get the idea.

D

Deleted member

The only problem is. With some characters it will be completely obvious from the get go what the trailer is for. For example why would Banjo have any reason to pop up in a Nintendo direct if it wasn't for Smash. The surprise would be easy identified. But I would be to busy having a spaz attack to even care at that point. But you get the idea.
Same with Geno.

D

Deleted member

Guys erdrick will most likely be an adult because he has a female alt while kid Erdrick dose not

And Chadrick is not shorter than Mario

D

Deleted member

Well they could reveal Banjo at E3.

Guys erdrick will most likely be an adult because he has a female alt while kid Erdrick dose not

And Chadrick is not shorter than Mario
I don't follow that logic. I mean, if we examine these official drawings, they can look small and be different genders.

Sure they are technically "adult," their size is definitely smaller than, like, Cloud. Unless we're talking about this guy. Even then, it wouldn't rule out female Erdrick.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One way to have a surprise is to start the trailer by showing the setting. With Simon, it was obvious it'd be him, since Luigi was wandering around in a castle.

The only solution to this is that Erdrick gets two DLC slots. One kid and one adult.
You win the Internet for this post.

e8a.gif

Oh yeah! We also have the game. That makes the wait way better.

That was the best part of Joker's trailer. Right before he flipped over the envelope, I was tired and bored out of my mind
Describes how I felt before it happened. To have that feeling of glee afterwards again...

Unfortunately I don't have a Switch, but you bet I wouldn't be on here if I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom